Marco, Inc Employee Reviews

Busy job that thrives on buddy system
Copier Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 2, 2017
You will be busy at this job, there is always something to do. However, this company truly relies on the buddy system. Family and friends are given priority in jobs. Human Resources including the head of this department are NOT trustworthy. If you are not liked, you will be gone. Had an issue appear and was never gotten back to about it. Left multiple messages and nothing was ever done. I have a disability and the job I was doing was making it very difficult to complete the tasks to 100% . Upon telling HR and submitting all the documentation was pulled from the field and place in limbo with no idea what is going to happen to me. I offered to modify my pay (take a pay cut if another position required it), and volunteered for anything that was presented to me. Nothing was done for a month. Then I was brought into an office terminated via the phone. During this time prior, I pointed out openings that I could do to HR and never heard back.

Best of luck,
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Human Resources, Middle Management, Benefits
Not what it Used to be
Other (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJuly 11, 2016
The culture of Marco is incredibly selfish and the buddy system is the only way to do anything. They are discriminatory towards the younger generation and unless you have a buddy in upper management and are at least 35 years old you might as well realize they will not treat you like you have are worth anything or have any kind of opinion. Beware of this company as I am not a disgruntled employee but rather the close family member or current employees.
Pros
Mini-mart for lunch, daily catering
Cons
Buddy System, Discriminory towards younger generation, seemingly inflated financials.
Good Luck
Cabling Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 14, 2016
averaging 64 hours a week, lots of travelling, if you believe in Safety Protocols this isn't the job for you, you will be standing on the very top (NOT A STEP) of a ladder reaching overhead, so have a good sense of balance. Working 12+ hours then driving home. most of the time you will just walk into a work site and start working, you will only acknowledge the site staff when they ask you who you are and why are you are messing with their equipment.

you won't see the company much, feel like a contractor work like a slave.
Pros
benefits, travelling, work vehicle
Cons
lack of safety, heights, company likes to boast about accomplishments

Comment – January 24, 2016

There's no Employee Stock Option Program, It was stopped September 2015.

Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 3, 2015
Marco is a great place to work. I loved it there and only left to relocated to another city. Highly recommend. My coworkers were super kind and I developed some really good relationships there. My supervisor gave me the training and resources I need and empowered me to do my job well.
Excellent Culture with oppotunities for advancement
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJuly 21, 2014
Marco is an exciting and fun place to work. The company is constantly growing and looking for ways to make work more enjoyable for the employees everyday. They care about their employees and help them achieve an optimal balance between work and family. Since the company is an ESOP, they make it feel like everyone is valued here, not just the executives. The management teams are very open about anything going on in the company. People are very friendly and go out of their way to teach you anything you want to know.
Pros
Growing Company, Room for Advancement, Employee owned, Friendly co workers, Great management teams
Inside Sales
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJuly 18, 2014
Marco is a great place to work. Everyone walks around with their head held high and smiles because they seam to enjoy where they work. Everyone at Marco is willing to step up and help and give the right training. Marco puts family first so you have a great work/life balance! The best part of the job is all of the team builders that Marco puts together, it makes it feel like family.
Disorganized and Hectic
Engineer (Former Employee) –  St Louis Park MNSeptember 16, 2013
Typical day at work was getting a service ticket for a customer and spending 2 hours trying to figure out how their environment worked because no one documented it properly previously. Everyone was running around and things needed to be done yesterday, but there are no processes in place to help with that. If you are looking for a good sales job, this is probably a good place for you. If you are an engineer, I wouldn't touch this place with a 10ft pole.
Pros
Benefits are OK. No Micromanagement
Cons
No 401k because they force their ESOP on you with 7 yrs to vest, Chaotic work environment