MARCONE APPLIANCE PARTS Employee Reviews in United States

Marcone Experience
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2015
As a call center Manager, I found Marcone to be a very old school business to work for. They skirt the lines of ethical business and employment practices. Pay for long term employees was barely a living wage.
Job security for 29 years
Warehouse Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 31, 2013
My job was always a challenge. From day to day there were always mistakes to be found from mislocated stock to missed items on the inventory cycle counts. Part of my responsibility was to catch the mistakes, correct them, and take appropriate actions to create / establish better inventory control measures.
I was a dedicated employee for 29 years. I began as a stock clerk, and worked my way up to inventory control specialist. After 29 years, the company required downsizing and out of 50 employees, I was the 7th remaining warehouse employee prior to being laid off.
The hardest part of my job was trying to locate misplaced products stocked incorrectly and inventory data entered inaccurately into the inventory control system. This was just the beginning of the problem, because first discovering where the problem actually began, who was responsible and how to correct it were all factors.
I also was responsible for adjusting the inventory counts in the system, and coordinating the inventory issues with the vendors.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job was being approached by upper mgmt. for my input on various situations. I was also able to travel to Florida, Louisville, Kansas City, and other regional distribution centers to provide my input on how to better organize a more efficient inventory control system at their facilities.
My biggest disappointment was being let go after giving 29 years service. Especially, now that I am over 50 yrs. old, the job market is not where it should be and I am struggling to find any work.
Pros
acknowlegement, recognition and compensation for my work
Cons
hinderance and delays beyond my control to find, fix and deter problems
a really good job
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 9, 2013
good place to work with good benefits. I enjoyed helping customers find the right product and sell products on a daily basis.
Great Possiblitys within the company
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2012
They were a great company to work for, it was a shame my department was sent out of state and no room for me.
Pros
fun place to work for
Cons
no problems
Employee BEWARE especially for Customer Service Rep positons...
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2012
Answered an ad for an Administrative Assistant position. Got interview but was offered job in Customer Service. Took job because was TOLD by Customer Service Manager I would receive 30 days training before going on my own. As I have no Customer Service experience thought this would be a good fit. Started off great!

Benefits are not standard benefit package. They have a self funded health/vision/dental plan. For which seems like a GOOD plan till you realize that you MUST pay your co-pays and claims UP front and the company pays you back for the claims. For someone who has no extra money to cover such costs, makes no sense why have a plan like that!

Then in the 3rd week of my training was told I was not learning fast enough for their liking. I was told I could either take a retail sales position and work different hours or I would be let go. Since I have a child who needed to be picked up before my hours would allow they let me go. AND since I was within my first 30 days they fired me. They gave me no time to speak with my spouse about making a decision they wanted a decision right then and there. So I am no longer employed.

Person training me had never trained someone before. And would push me out of the way to do it herself when I made a mistake instead of showing me or telling me what I did wrong. Trainer would speak over me so that the customer could hear what was going on. So if your going have someone train don't you think that person should know how to train someone?
Pros
location is good
Cons
hours change on a whim, supervisors not openly availiable for coaching
Productive and stable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2012
Marcone was a good place to work with very diverse co workers.
Cons
traffic getting to work
it was a great workplace
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaMarch 1, 2012
Provided excellent customer service face to face or telephonically
Researched model numbers/checked stock for parts availability
Responsible for maintaining up to date inventory
Invoice billing
Pros
work thru lunches
Cons
having short breaks

2.9