Marcus Dairy Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed my employment at Marcus Dairy
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oxford, CTMarch 2, 2016
I was employed at Marcus Dairy for 29 years. I liked all aspects of my job. My responsibilities included repairing trucks, road calls to repair trucks, weekly service and anything else related to maintenance of trucks.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
working outside in extreme cold weather
Nurturing environment that rewards dedication and hard work.
Distribution and Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 16, 2015
Typical day would being in early AM, generally a driver would need help with a technical issue that could only be resolved through logging into company computer through home office. After arriving at office, making sure all trucks were sent out and loaded properly. If loads were not properly loaded, researching which customers would need product and initiating special deliveries. Finalizing all route settlements from previous day, accounting for loss or damaged product, superfluous product and collections as needed. Maintaining up to date reports for inventory, special deliveries, and cost accountability. Reviewing new customer additions and formulating logistically viable routes including days, times, etc. Maintaining contact with drivers throughout the day with any issues that may arise and handling said issues promptly and appropriately. Performing route settlement throughout the day, planning the next day's routes, i.e. making sure all customers, route loads, DOT time, available drivers, etc. were logged and imputed into system to maximize all aspects of route planning.

Learned how best to manage company goals and union relationships, finding compromise on both sides for best possible gain.

Management was very supportive and understood the need for follow through, goals, and that each player was important to the overall benefit of the company.

Co-workers were some of the best people I've ever met. Continue to correspond with them and maintain friendships.

The most difficult part of the job was the on-call hours. Generally 24 hours, 7 days a week if necessary.

The most
  more... enjoyable part of the job was two fold. First, the satisfaction received when customers recognized and appreciated all that was done to accommodate them. Second, the camaraderie between co-workers to make sure that everything that could be done, was done for the overall benefit of the company as a whole.  less
DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 2, 2015
I started out as a driver and then promoted to manager the owners and the general manager were very nice to work with and the manager of the sales team also.
The work is very hard but the pay and benefits are very good and the owners are always there to talk to if you needed.
A hard place
Salesman - New York area (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 9, 2014
If my boss was my neighbor,he would of been a great neighbor and friend. I left the company when I started dreading Monday on Friday afternoon.
Pros
my boss would not fire you.
Cons
he was a very hard man to work for.
Physical and fast paced
Wholesale Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 27, 2013
Management level personnel and supervisors abruptly force drivers to over exceed driver hours on the road.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
no breaks due to overload of work.
Liked the Job - Potential for Sales = Higher Pay
ROUTE DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  New Britain,CTDecember 31, 2012
My typical day would start at 3:00am - My job consisted of delivering milk products to homes and small businesses. I enjoyed the interaction with the public very much. I worked very hard and my customers were happy with my service. On time and accurate deliveries was my goal day to day. The hardest part of job was dealing with some unfair co-workers (Union Steward) breaking rules. What did i learn from this job - I learned that no matter what, my customer's come first and they knew it.
Pros
potential for sales
Cons
favoritism within the union
a decent company
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 31, 2012
place wasn't run in a very cost effective and safe manner they could have had better relationships
Pros
plenty of work and good overtime
Cons
salary pay per day only overtime was on scheduled day off

2.9