Marcus Evans

Marcus Evans Employer Reviews

Worst place to work
sales executive (Former Employee), LondonMarch 5, 2014
Pros: they are no pros except some people are nice
Cons: please see above
They advertised this role as £28000 but then I found out they pay £650 a month. This is under the minimum wage therefore it is illegal. To cover this up they make your basic salary by adding whatever the commission you make. In the 1st month if you do not make more than £1090(which is minimum wage for month) they will pay you additional £440, but when – more... you make a sale they will deduct £440 from you.

You are also required to research from home. This means that for the minimum wage you end up working 12-14 hours per day. They treat you as another sale or a commodity. They don't think you are human.

This is the worst place I have ever worked in my life. The worst thing is they do the same sales ticks to you in the hiring process that they would do to clients . In the example of salary it is like "Over promise, under diliver", the sales jargon.

Some people are nice and professional but would you work day and night for minimum wage if you have graduate? and do over 100 cold call per day?. I think working in KFC will give you more pleasure and money. If you are really desperate then go but most of the employee I spoke to say that they are also looking for a new place... – less
Long hourses on the phone.
Key Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: made a lot of money with little responsibility
Cons: terrible work environment
I very difficult atmosphere to work in. Did not at all enjoy my experience. Run by stupid young, inexperienced young people.
A no salary, high commission job, which I didn't mind.
Long hours of tedious & boring work.
Cold-calling company, extremely low pay
Sales Executive, Conferences Division (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2013
Pros: long lunch break, co-workers, location along chicago river
Cons: salary/commission structure, cold-calling only
I learned more about myself than anything during my time at Marcus Evans. A typical day at work consisted of 8 hours of cold calling companies in hopes of peaking their interest to attend business conferences. All leads had to be generated by yourself during strict research hours where you had to share a small bank of computers with nearly the entire – more... sales floor. With strict supervision (not in a good way), you had no choice but to spend hours at home generating your own leads. Co-workers were one thing that was good. Fun, young, relatable peers. Nice people but when you make your way through the smoke and mirrors, it is a telemarketing position in the most basic description. – less
Pros and Cons
Junior Account Executive (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros – I was able to really develop my communication skills through engaging with Senior Level Executives.
Learning about several industries and trends and key performance indicators in each of these industries. The Fast-paced culture, open-door policy with Management.

Cons –We were required to generate our own leads with no computer on your desk, – more... we were expected to share workstations. Salaries were commission only. – less
Excellent Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2013
I enjoyed working at Marcus Evansd and Learned many new things.
Productive work place
Sales Executive (Former Employee), New YorkApril 27, 2013
there was a lot of team building a typical day started with a group meting going over performance of the day before and goal setting for the day as well as tape training. We had monthly reviews with management, management was very hands on.
Great opportunity
Conference Director, Pan-European Events (Former Employee), Praha, STMarch 7, 2013
I enjoyed working at Marcus Evans and the opportunities it provided. The work was quite diverse allowing me to learn different skills in various business areas.
Great sales Experience but that's about it
Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2012
Pros: location, co-workers, great company parties
Cons: high stress, inconsistent management
Marcus Evans has a revolving door, where a majority of the new starters do not make it past the first couple of months. If you do, its a high pressure situation to perform. Management shows favoritism to certain employees, and usually give the most successful campaigns to those favorite employees. During the interview, they tell you if you work hard – more... you make money. Its mostly a numbers game and luck, even if you work hard, that truly gets you the commission. Despite those things, its valuable experience as far as sales and they do train you pretty well. The location is great, right downtown with a great view. Co-workers are cool. But if you can get a job somewhere else, I'd highly recommend doing that first. Don;t fall for the urgency of having to make a decision to take the job right away. – less
Handled discrepancies with the bank on charge back. Face pace. Nice work environment. Professional environment
Senior Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2012
Pros: vacation and company shut down time with pay
Cons: healthcare
Input orders and applied daily cash receuots and wire transfers. Made bank deposits. Handled discrepancies with bank on charge backs. Charged credit cards for cancellations of events. Maintained cancellation reports. Responsible for daily revenue report. Backup for A/P.
Great sales job, great people to work with, just hard work
Senior Executive Consultant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 1, 2012
Pros: excellent perks, compensation package, if your closing deals
Cons: lack of contact management software, to facilitate a more effective campaign
All in all Marcus Evans has a fantastic product in their Summit Division where I work. The only downside is lack of a contact management software system that would help make a more effective sales environment
average
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 31, 2012
room for advancement
not much work/life balance
great for starting in sales
cold-calling all day
Great experience.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), ChicagoMarch 29, 2012
Pros: fast advancement, learning opportunities, some travel, young smart professionals
Cons: constantly striving for the next dollar
Work hard, play hard. Do well, move up.

If you can take the swings and stay confident, you will succeed.
executive conference and trade show company
Director (Former Employee), ChicagoJanuary 14, 2012
Pros: will make you stand alone
Cons: no employee or customer loyality at all
churn and burn company a revolving door of employee's. The company is only interested in revenue, not concerned about employee's or customers.

July 6, 2012

That's the exact way to put it. Someone said "Take care of your employees and they will take care of your customers." Well, Marcus Evans and all the shameless management team do not care for either of them. Employees are all under-payed, it's ridiculous. Base salary is insulting, and they will cheat on you with the bonus structure. Horrible company to work with. Do not apply for this company, do not go to their events. You would be supporting a degrading business model.

Good Environment at work place.
JUNIOR SALES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), PakistanOctober 8, 2014
Pros: no office pollitics
Cons: long working hours
In beginning, there is a long training sessions at MARCUS EVANS.
Good communication skills and the convincing power to clients is my learning there.
good management policies
No office politics and my co-workers are my best friend and helper there.
Hardest part of the job there is the research work.
The post enjoyable part of the job is when you get – more... the clients or business – less
Telesales
International Sales Executive (Current Employee), LondonAugust 20, 2014
Marcus Evans has an effective work environment with dynamic teams ensure employee satisfaction.
Tough
Client Services Executive (Former Employee), LondonAugust 10, 2014
Great people to work with, very young workforce. Great training as a graduate.
Fun Work Place
Senior International Sales Executive (Current Employee), LondonJuly 23, 2014
Cons: long ours and always research and work at home
* Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
* Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages.
* The ability to interact successfully across cultures (Calling the Banking and Pharmaceutical World).
* Negotiation and persuasion skills (Closing deals).
* Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
* Strong business development, – more... new client research. – less
Productive and challenging place to work
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Toronto ONJuly 18, 2014
Pros: benefits excellent commission
Cons: lots of travelling and research required
A great place to work with outstanding senior management. Work to life balance was challenging for me b/c I was travelling to and from work 3 hours a day. Other then that I would recommend the job to anyone especially those who possess excellent communication skills.
Intense work environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee), 19th Floor Towers, Nairobi- KenyaMay 10, 2014
Pros: end month office parties
Cons: healthcare
Marcus Evans International is a performance based organization, therefore, a Monday and a Friday were all similar- Start strong finish strong. A typical and successful day at the organization would be an eventual exhausting, mental-wise, but the team was refreshing and always fun people to work with. The management was based in South Africa with extended – more... operations in Nairobi. Despite the good communication between the employees and the management team, the management team was rather rigid and inflexible to some changes and the country's (Kenya) holidays. For example, the Labor day (1st May) etc.
I gained a lot of valuable skills while at the company. I was able to build up on my team ability skills, communication skills and phone etiquette. I also sharpened my negotiation and research skills as those were key to scoring great number of sales. My passion in association with people and getting to understand and cater for their needs where necessary was my drive; this position at the company enabled me to gain a lot of insight in understanding the economic and social aspect of the human mind.
The office floor was comprised with few people, twenty one people. To me, they made every working place an exciting place to be. A team comprised of hardworking and smart people, always ready to listen and extend help whenever needed.
The hardest part of the job was when trying out a new product in the market. With an inflexible population in the market and with people that are not risk takers as quite, selling a product was at times really hard. Being a performance based organization, this would also implicate on my employment term in the company.
End of the months' parties were always a delight. A time to just relax with the rest of the team, getting to mingle and enjoy the team was a day we (at the company) always looked forward to. – less
Account executive for conferences and sumits
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2014
B2B sales of conferences and summits, high pressure environment to sell to C class executives intangible items over the phone.

About Marcus Evans

Conference organizer Marcus Evans offers professional training, market analysis reports, event planning, and corporate hospitality – Read more