Marcus Evans Employee Reviews

not a professional environment
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2017
not a professional environment. poorly run.
the atmosphere was loud and difficult to work. i found it
difficult to hear myself on the phone make business calls.
the management was poorly run.
Pros
not enough
Cons
loud, crazy environment
terrible place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Madrid, IAMarch 22, 2017
Never have i worked in such a terrible working environment. The business model is outdated and management is very week even though they believe they are the 'wolf of wall street'. I hated my time at marcus evans and wishes no one to be forced to do 140 cold calls a day and get yelled at if you are far from the tally. I learned absolutely nothing there except to lie on the phone to a poor secretary and managed to pull a month there before wanting to shoot myself. I don't believe this company will last much longer. Good day.
Pros
Cons
see above
Admin (Former Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 25, 2017
if you work hard Marcus Evans will reward you. Not everyone's cup of tea but i was on the admin side and I had great success there.
The sales side could be a bit challenging for some.
Pros
you can make money if you can sell. some really incredible people
Cons
some will say it is micro management
Fun and productive
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work is fun and fast paced. I learned how to pay attention to detail and research efficiently. Management was wonderful. They were very helpful. My co-workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was the research of the latest updates in the DOD,gas and oil industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment.
Pros
Location and co-workers
Cons
keeping up with updates
Terrible Place to work unless you are fresh out of college
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
Unless you want to take an 18k salary aka 10 dollars an hour and only get paid once a month with nepotism and politics involved in the office, do not take this job.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
If you don't cold calling you won't like this job
Corporate Accounts Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2016
Cold calling is probably one of the worse ways to sell people on a product, event, etc. They try to get you to do whatever it takes to get a CEO's phone number so you can sell them on a conference at a 5 star hotel.
Very active enviroment
Executive Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2016
Summits division at Marcus Evens Group is the cream of the crop,. So were making high call volumes all day trying to Get "C" level executives to buy face to face meeting with are partners in the medical field.
Excellant
Summit Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2015
Marcus Evans is a high level of Sales, high level of sales experience and talent are the people I work with.

Closing CEO's on a big purchase with our company is the hardest piece business I have experience in my career.

The commission is very generous
Team building is a must for a companies this size
sales manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 5, 2015
I loved my co-workers and gained a great deal of knowledge working under them while closing accounts and keeping great relationships with my clients! We've had a great team which made my work so much more rewarding and interesting.
Pros
Companies like Marcus Evans are fantastic to work as long as there’s enough team building in place.
Cons
Some of the processes in place are very time consuming and frustrating at times.
8-5 office job, poor benefits
Conference Producer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2015
Good first job out of college. Lack of opportunities for growth. High turnover. Low benefits and old-fashioned business model.
sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2015
conference sales, no room for growth, light orders, tough working culture, boiler room atmosphere. No re orders, one time closes
Pros
sales
Cons
company
Great Learning Experience
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILSeptember 15, 2015
Great Opportunity and learning experience. Certainly a great foot in the door. Had some fun times, good people! Hard work Environment
Pros and Cons
SALES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2015
Not enough support to go along with competitive salary and bonus structure. Uncapped commission allowed for higher earnings however outside of top performers who had been with company for 5+ years no one was earning over 35,000 - base salary unlivable.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2015
Very productive and numbers driven, be ready to work. Great location, nice people, compensation is on the low end. Great leadership.
Pros
business driven
Cons
compensation
I'm having a great time
sales (Current Employee) –  chicagoOctober 22, 2014
Fiendly environment in which it is easy to excel. But not everybody seems to know how great this company is!
Pros
Fiendly environment in which it is easy to excel.
Cons
No suggestions, they are good as they are.
Complete Sales Cycle Procedure
International Sports Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockholm, ABJuly 5, 2014
Intense sales cycle training and development. Networking with C-level executives to establish business partnerships.
Worst place to work
sales executive (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 5, 2014
They advertised this role as £28000 but then I found out they pay £650 a month. This is under the minimum wage therefore it is illegal. To cover this up they make your basic salary by adding whatever the commission you make. In the 1st month if you do not make more than £1090(which is minimum wage for month) they will pay you additional £440, but when you make a sale they will deduct £440 from you.

You are also required to research from home. This means that for the minimum wage you end up working 12-14 hours per day. They treat you as another sale or a commodity. They don't think you are human.

This is the worst place I have ever worked in my life. The worst thing is they do the same sales ticks to you in the hiring process that they would do to clients . In the example of salary it is like "Over promise, under diliver", the sales jargon.

Some people are nice and professional but would you work day and night for minimum wage if you have graduate? and do over 100 cold call per day?. I think working in KFC will give you more pleasure and money. If you are really desperate then go but most of the employee I spoke to say that they are also looking for a new place...
Pros
They are no pros except some people are nice
Cons
Please see above
Long hourses on the phone.
Key Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
I very difficult atmosphere to work in. Did not at all enjoy my experience. Run by stupid young, inexperienced young people.
A no salary, high commission job, which I didn't mind.
Long hours of tedious & boring work.
Pros
Made a lot of money with little responsibility
Cons
Terrible work environment
Cold-calling company, extremely low pay
Sales Executive, Conferences Division (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2013
I learned more about myself than anything during my time at Marcus Evans. A typical day at work consisted of 8 hours of cold calling companies in hopes of peaking their interest to attend business conferences. All leads had to be generated by yourself during strict research hours where you had to share a small bank of computers with nearly the entire sales floor. With strict supervision (not in a good way), you had no choice but to spend hours at home generating your own leads. Co-workers were one thing that was good. Fun, young, relatable peers. Nice people but when you make your way through the smoke and mirrors, it is a telemarketing position in the most basic description.
Pros
Long lunch break, co-workers, location along Chicago River
Cons
salary/commission structure, cold-calling only
Pros and Cons
Junior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros – I was able to really develop my communication skills through engaging with Senior Level Executives.
Learning about several industries and trends and key performance indicators in each of these industries. The Fast-paced culture, open-door policy with Management.

Cons –We were required to generate our own leads with no computer on your desk, we were expected to share workstations. Salaries were commission only.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcus Evans. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8