Marcus Evans Employee Reviews in United States

Excellant
Summit Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2015
Marcus Evans is a high level of Sales, high level of sales experience and talent are the people I work with.

Closing CEO's on a big purchase with our company is the hardest piece business I have experience in my career.

The commission is very generous
Team building is a must for a companies this size
sales manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 5, 2015
I loved my co-workers and gained a great deal of knowledge working under them while closing accounts and keeping great relationships with my clients! We've had a great team which made my work so much more rewarding and interesting.
Pros
Companies like Marcus Evans are fantastic to work as long as there’s enough team building in place.
Cons
Some of the processes in place are very time consuming and frustrating at times.
8-5 office job, poor benefits
Conference Producer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2015
Good first job out of college. Lack of opportunities for growth. High turnover. Low benefits and old-fashioned business model.
sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2015
conference sales, no room for growth, light orders, tough working culture, boiler room atmosphere. No re orders, one time closes
Pros
sales
Cons
company
Great Learning Experience
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILSeptember 15, 2015
Great Opportunity and learning experience. Certainly a great foot in the door. Had some fun times, good people! Hard work Environment
Pros and Cons
SALES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2015
Not enough support to go along with competitive salary and bonus structure. Uncapped commission allowed for higher earnings however outside of top performers who had been with company for 5+ years no one was earning over 35,000 - base salary unlivable.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2015
Very productive and numbers driven, be ready to work. Great location, nice people, compensation is on the low end. Great leadership.
Pros
business driven
Cons
compensation
I'm having a great time
sales (Current Employee) –  chicagoOctober 22, 2014
Fiendly environment in which it is easy to excel. But not everybody seems to know how great this company is!
Pros
fiendly environment in which it is easy to excel.
Cons
no suggestions, they are good as they are.
Complete Sales Cycle Procedure
International Sports Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockholm, ABJuly 5, 2014
Intense sales cycle training and development. Networking with C-level executives to establish business partnerships.
Worst place to work
sales executive (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 5, 2014
They advertised this role as £28000 but then I found out they pay £650 a month. This is under the minimum wage therefore it is illegal. To cover this up they make your basic salary by adding whatever the commission you make. In the 1st month if you do not make more than £1090(which is minimum wage for month) they will pay you additional £440, but when you make a sale they will deduct £440 from you.

You are also required to research from home. This means that for the minimum wage you end up working 12-14 hours per day. They treat you as another sale or a commodity. They don't think you are human.

This is the worst place I have ever worked in my life. The worst thing is they do the same sales ticks to you in the hiring process that they would do to clients . In the example of salary it is like "Over promise, under diliver", the sales jargon.

Some people are nice and professional but would you work day and night for minimum wage if you have graduate? and do over 100 cold call per day?. I think working in KFC will give you more pleasure and money. If you are really desperate then go but most of the employee I spoke to say that they are also looking for a new place...
Pros
they are no pros except some people are nice
Cons
please see above
Long hourses on the phone.
Key Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
I very difficult atmosphere to work in. Did not at all enjoy my experience. Run by stupid young, inexperienced young people.
A no salary, high commission job, which I didn't mind.
Long hours of tedious & boring work.
Pros
made a lot of money with little responsibility
Cons
terrible work environment
Cold-calling company, extremely low pay
Sales Executive, Conferences Division (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2013
I learned more about myself than anything during my time at Marcus Evans. A typical day at work consisted of 8 hours of cold calling companies in hopes of peaking their interest to attend business conferences. All leads had to be generated by yourself during strict research hours where you had to share a small bank of computers with nearly the entire sales floor. With strict supervision (not in a good way), you had no choice but to spend hours at home generating your own leads. Co-workers were one thing that was good. Fun, young, relatable peers. Nice people but when you make your way through the smoke and mirrors, it is a telemarketing position in the most basic description.
Pros
long lunch break, co-workers, location along chicago river
Cons
salary/commission structure, cold-calling only
Pros and Cons
Junior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros – I was able to really develop my communication skills through engaging with Senior Level Executives.
Learning about several industries and trends and key performance indicators in each of these industries. The Fast-paced culture, open-door policy with Management.

Cons –We were required to generate our own leads with no computer on your desk, we were expected to share workstations. Salaries were commission only.
Excellent Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2013
I enjoyed working at Marcus Evansd and Learned many new things.
Productive work place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 27, 2013
there was a lot of team building a typical day started with a group meting going over performance of the day before and goal setting for the day as well as tape training. We had monthly reviews with management, management was very hands on.
Great opportunity
Conference Director, Pan-European Events (Former Employee) –  Praha, STMarch 7, 2013
I enjoyed working at Marcus Evans and the opportunities it provided. The work was quite diverse allowing me to learn different skills in various business areas.
Great sales Experience but that's about it
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2012
Marcus Evans has a revolving door, where a majority of the new starters do not make it past the first couple of months. If you do, its a high pressure situation to perform. Management shows favoritism to certain employees, and usually give the most successful campaigns to those favorite employees. During the interview, they tell you if you work hard you make money. Its mostly a numbers game and luck, even if you work hard, that truly gets you the commission. Despite those things, its valuable experience as far as sales and they do train you pretty well. The location is great, right downtown with a great view. Co-workers are cool. But if you can get a job somewhere else, I'd highly recommend doing that first. Don;t fall for the urgency of having to make a decision to take the job right away.
Pros
location, co-workers, great company parties
Cons
high stress, inconsistent management
Handled discrepancies with the bank on charge back. Face pace. Nice work environment. Professional environment
Senior Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2012
Input orders and applied daily cash receuots and wire transfers. Made bank deposits. Handled discrepancies with bank on charge backs. Charged credit cards for cancellations of events. Maintained cancellation reports. Responsible for daily revenue report. Backup for A/P.
Pros
vacation and company shut down time with pay
Cons
healthcare
Great sales job, great people to work with, just hard work
Senior Executive Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2012
All in all Marcus Evans has a fantastic product in their Summit Division where I work. The only downside is lack of a contact management software system that would help make a more effective sales environment
Pros
excellent perks, compensation package, if your closing deals
Cons
lack of contact management software, to facilitate a more effective campaign
average
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2012
room for advancement
not much work/life balance
great for starting in sales
cold-calling all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcus Evans. Our community is ready to answer.