Marcus Theatres Employee Reviews

Fun
Theatre Operationist (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNFebruary 7, 2018
Great pace, fun environment. Laid back work experience, amazing co workers. Expectable work days and no surprises. Would continue working there but I’m looking for more
Pros
Fun experience, great people
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes
Easy, flexible hours
Usher (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 4, 2018
Easy, albeit boring. The good thing about working there is the flexibility of hours. The theater also does not open too early, making it good for people who sleep late.
It depends on the day
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILFebruary 2, 2018
The experience you get working at Marcus Theatres will depends on the day. You'll have slow painful days where there's nothing to do. And other days that you're are so busy you will not leave on time.
Pros
Free movies, great insurance
Cons
High stressful job
Marcus Theater
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIFebruary 1, 2018
My job was very fun with several of the people that I worked with, i learned how to do things fast and get peoples food ready fast and learning to manage my emotions when someone said something rude to me. Hardest part about marcus was the managers and the rude people. Most enjoyable part was that i was working with most kids my age.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Managers
I would not apply if I were you
Theater Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 24, 2018
While I worked here for three years, I enjoyed a lot of it. But once the recent GM came in, everything hit the fan. I do not recommend to my worst enemy. Customers can be insanely rude. Coworkers are a bunch of incompetent high school kids. General Manager only care about himself and putting into his pocket-as does the corporation.
Pros
You make friends, and free movies (limited)
Cons
Everything else sucks.
pretty ok
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Very fun on busy days. The job is how you make it. If you want to have a fun chill day you can just relax. I learned a lot about money and counting skills excelled a lot. I learned how to be a team player and what it really takes to work there.
a typical day at work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 11, 2018
A typical day at work for Marcus Theatres consists of making popcorn, taking orders, and helping customers. I would help direct customers to their theaters and help them with any questions they might have had.
Fun Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 10, 2018
Fun environment. It can be slow or fast, depending on the day. Best parts are the free movies you get to see! Manager is really laid back and fun. Coworkers make the job enjoyable.
Pros
Free/Discounted Movies
Cons
Typically short handed on busy times
a good start
Supervisor/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 8, 2018
it was a good job for starting out. enjoyable people to work with and still managed to get the the work done.have nothing else to say but it was great.
Wouldn’t recommend
Consessions (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 5, 2018
I only worked there for about two months because of the stress. Most of the managers were extremely rude. I got yelled at when I tried to turn in my uniform because it was “dirty” (it was clean).
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Bad management and high stress
Fun Co-Workers Awful Management Company>Employee
Associate (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 16, 2017
Mangement does next to nothing here. They may spew off a list of responsiblities but in reality all of the jobs they should be doing are done by the associates. Lots of favouritism not based off work performance. Will schedule you outside availability and good luck getting a co worker to take your shift. If you are lucky enough to find a somone to take it you will be punished for not working asigned shift. Everyone must work ALL holidays. Worked at two locations both GM's were sexist. Raises non existent.
Pros
Some enjoyable Co-Workers, sometimes Packers players come in
Cons
No breaks or Short breaks, poor management, poor pay, favoritism
It's an easy first job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHDecember 14, 2017
This place is an easy first job for young people just starting out, as they will learn customer service and how to deal with money. It is not managed that well and can at times be a not so fun place to work, but overall it is okay.
Pros
Movies and popcorn
Cons
Management and low pay
Unorganized
Usher (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WIDecember 10, 2017
Managers did not know how to handle stress and would take it out on workers making it stressful for the workers and they wouldn’t let workers go on break even if required. It was so unorganized.
Unstable business due to poor management
General floor staff (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 1, 2017
The only time the employees have any structure is when the corporate bosses are in town. As a first time job this place teaches you that in customer service it's ok to be lazy. Management abuses their titles through doing the minimum of their job to get their paycheck and go home.
Pros
Free movies and popcorn
Cons
Terrible management
Paid very little for lots of work
Service Host (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 27, 2017
I worked at this company for about six months before I quit. All the workers were amazing, but the management style was absolutely horrible. After a few months of working at Wehrenberg, Marcus Theaters bought the company out and literally everything changed. $5 Tuesdays are the worst, the shifts were too long, I got paid minimum wage even though I worked 30+ hours a week. Most of our machines broke once a week, and there was always something going wrong.
Pros
Good people, free soda and popcorn
Cons
Paid too little, bad workplace, long shifts, bad CEO
Great starter job
Concession Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NENovember 24, 2017
Marcus theaters set the tone for the movie going experience. It was a slower paced job that allowed you to build on your customer relations. It also taught good cash handling skills.
Fine job for high schoolers
Associate (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 22, 2017
Working at Marcus was average; I didn't hate it but I didn't particularly like it either. I liked the co-workers though and it was a fine job for new workers.
I had a pretty great experience, but it can be worse
Associate (Current Employee) –  Delafield, WINovember 8, 2017
Working at a Marcus Theater will vary widely between locations and is heavily dependent on the quality of the management team. Overall it's a nice environment with times of off and on business. I would highly recommend this job as an entry level for teens.
Jobs as good as your co-workers
Usher (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 2, 2017
Marcus Theatres was a fairly boring job with little benefits and room for advancement. The job could only be made more bearable if you can get along well with your co-workers and share similar interests.
Pros
Cheap movie tickets
Cons
The pay, while appropriate for the job, is not enough to live off of.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WI and Shakopee, MNOctober 31, 2017
There seems to be discrepancies between different locations and isn't consistent on certain offers. I worked at the Ridge in New Berlin from 2014-2017 and moved to MN and was transferred to South Bridge Crossing in Shakopee. Although both places have a full restaurant and bar the new location has no happy hour or lunch specials and has been turning customers away. We have sent many emails to try to figure out something but nothing has been resolved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcus Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.