Marel Employee Reviews

a good career starter
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2015
Marel is a good place to really start your career, however I wouldn't recommend making a career out of Marel. I have worked with this company for a little over a dozen years now and I am starting to see all of the politics and well has shortfalls this company has. They pay moderately well, and the benefits are better than most companies I have worked for.

If you like working overtime this shop is for you, however there is a poor work/life balance. They believe that everything should be done at the last minute, and expect everyone to work overtime. You also have to be really good at understanding blueprints because most of the time you will be deciphering what was really meant to be drawn out.
Pros
free lunches on weekend work days
Cons
lots of overtime, no life outside of work, terrible management, the pay is a little lack luster
ok place to work
Spare Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 13, 2014
High stess level to hit targets
at lot of pressure put on by over seas owners
Global Collaboration and Teamwork
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 30, 2013
My typical day is logging on at midnight to communicate with my colleagues in Europe and work for 2 hours about projects we are collaborating on. Then I go in to the office in the morning. I was very independent and created the marketing strategy and plan for the Seattle location for 4 years. I have 2 sets of co-workers, one set is a group of marketing colleagues in Europe and the other set in the office in Seattle. The management team in Seattle trusted me to make most decisions in marketing. I enjoyed the independence and the way I could be creative as a marketer. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and in the end I didn't have a good work life balance. I was working too many uncompensated hours. I left the job because of the reorganization of the company and my position was eliminated to make room for a marketing coordinator with less pay. The hardest part is to walk away from a job I enjoyed for 5 years. Management is moving to centralized marketing in Europe in 2014 and I will only take orders to execute their plan. I need a place to grow professionally and they couldn't offer it anymore.
Pros
flexibility, benefits, travelling overseas
Cons
long hours, low pay for the number hours worked, no room for professional growth in seattle
Great company going through some growing pains
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 9, 2013
Good management, co-workers and life balance. They are just going through some growing pains.
Good Place to work, lots of travel
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 25, 2012
Lots of travel and alone time, great co-workers, independence, autonomy.