MARGARITAS Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAFebruary 13, 2018
Attending to customers needs. Cleaning and keeping restaurant and areas clean at all times. Stocking for the next day before closing and after hours clean up.
excellent place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Great place to work very supportive staff and management. The customers are wonderful and the food is great. The owners and management are excellent..
Pros
half priced food and meal coupons for christmas
Cons
N/a
very stressful
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJanuary 10, 2018
the job itself was very nice and i learned a lot but the crew was just what i did not want to be surrounded by. Management was very disrespectful at times but did get the job done and also very strict.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
management
Very fast paced
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 14, 2017
Good money and very good business coming in everyday for the most part, but managers don't really care about there workers. Servers work really hard and it doesn't get appreciated.
Cons
No benefits
Very odd hours
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 3, 2017
Not good hours suck have to travel back on fourth several times a day of course u have 3 hour break but u don't get to choose days nor hours u work not very understanding when it comes to ur kid will send u home early your schedule say 11 they want their ten min prior to or they send u home
Pros
Cons
Have to get back in fourth 4 times day
Fun workplace for everyone
Host/Server/DRC/Expo/Server trainer (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 30, 2017
Started out as a Hostess and quickly moved up to a Server then Server Trainer. This company was the best company I ever worked for. They care about their employees and it feel like a family.
Pros
The employee events
Cons
Late night hours
Fun place
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 31, 2017
Good environment and fun staff.

Management is fun and fair.

The regulars are probably my favorite part about working at Margaritas and always seem to have a good time.
Overall great work environment
Host (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAJuly 26, 2017
Fun and free environment remember the chain of command and ask questions to get a better understanding of what is expected of you. Take nothing personally find ways to apply pointers and lessons to your permenant routine. Build good relationships with the servers and bussers know their jobs are hard and help a hand where you can
excellent food and service
Server (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 18, 2017
Margarita's is genuinely an authentic mexican restaurant. It has all of the favorite that you would be eating if you took a long trip to mexico and asked a native to cook for you.
Pros
free chips
Cons
long waits
Unorganized
Server (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 27, 2017
Managers are unorganized and bullies, flexible with schedule, favoritism is a problem here, you won't move up in the company unless you're a managers favorite
Pros
Discount, flexible schedule
Cons
Managers
Not bad for what it was
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 30, 2017
It was a hard job, not one that I really have much desire to do again. But overall, I think it was a good experience for me. The pay was pretty good, so in the long run it was a good choice.
fun coworkers
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 26, 2017
a blast great management greatm regupar guests, fun co workers incentives to upsale and a fair group of ownership, high volume always steady and well tipped
Pros
half off meals open and closing rotating shifts
Cons
non
work culture was good.
Stocker/Busboy (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 12, 2017
a typical day would be a 10 plus hour shift. i learned how to prepare meals, stock and maintain clean work space. the hardest part of the job was the hours you work.
Margaritas Company is Great but certian locations are lacking
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 13, 2017
concord nh = best location
lebanon nh = worst location
fun enthusiastic hand-crafted fast-food styled restaurant
oley!
great rewards program for guests
Great Co Workers and Staff
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOFebruary 22, 2017
They have good service and the staff is nice. they also have good food. Co Workers treat you with respect and show manners. the hardest part is the rush hour for lunch time.
Lively and attentive work place experience
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 27, 2017
The hardest part was learning the menu and beverage lists because there were so many options and combinations. The best part of course was the food, but everyone was so friendly and helpful, Any question I had was answered.
Pros
Half off the menu, someone was always bringing in treats for the crew, reasonable pay.
Cons
Short breaks, some rude customers.
Busy and Fun Place to Work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PASeptember 20, 2016
Margaritas was the first restaurant I ever worked at. It was an experience that taught me a lot about people. I picked up many communication skills, regarding how to communicate well with customers, and the kitchen staff who mostly spoke french or spanish. This is where the importance of hand gestures and learning simple words and phrases in a different language came in. My co-workers really made margaritas an enjoyable working environment. We all helped each other to the best of our abilities. Team work was huge at margaritas, along with prioritization, and multitasking. The hardest part of the job was the side work that needed to be completed at the end of each day. Everyone had designated tasks they had to complete before being able to leave for the evening. This could take up to two hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to bond with the customers. Lastly, I was not a big fan of the management at Margaritas. It was very disorganized, and many of the manager's would pick on the waitstaff for no reason. This was very unprofessional behavior and part of the reason why I quit.
Great food
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 27, 2016
A good restaurant with awesome coworkers and the pay was okay for a temporary job but not enough to survive off. Overall it was a good job.
work is not measuring up to money
Server (Current Employee) –  Justin, TXMay 9, 2016
I have waited tables for far too long it is how I put myself through school. Struggling to make it to that next level. I work for a family owned restaurant, which has both good and bad points I am reminded daily that I am a great employee, but I am not a member of the family
Pros
part time hours, full time pay
Cons
no benefits, lacking equality, at the mercy of the general public
Staff helpful and friendly.
Server (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 15, 2016
Both management and staff are all very nice/helpful.
Hardest part of the job for me was the constant down time.
Best part of job was the customers.
Pros
Everyone is very nice, discounted food.
Cons
Over staffed on the waitress side, resulting in not enough tables to serve.