Margaritaville Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Place to work
Corporate Bartender Trainer (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 16, 2016
• Deliver the “Margaritaville Experience” of fun and escapism to Every Guest, Every Time in an extremely high volume environment.
• Prepared more than 500 cocktails per shift while engaging with guests in a manner that met corporate service standards.
• Daily individual sales ranged from $1,500 to $3,000 per shift.
• Responsible for training over 100 new hires per year.
• Responsible for training new management candidates for various locations on bar procedures and recipes.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Consistent money
Cons
Corporate, job always in jeopardy, seasonal
Don't waste your career here!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Spent 4 years working for this company. I hit all my sales budgets while producing more than 18% over EBIDTA. When they brought in a new district manager, he wanted to hire his own mangers and let the managers who were making "too much money" in his eyes go. I read the writing on the wall and just left. Since then the store I was working Sales have dropped 85% and the regional was fired.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Nepotism!!!!
fun work environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 14, 2016
I like this job but i am looking for something more professional. I make good money in tips but the restaurant just isn't busy enough to pay my bills and management is extremely disorganized.
Pros
makes great money
Cons
disorganized
A fun and fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2016
I spent majority of my day helping customers. It was a fun environment to work in. I enjoyed the co-workers and managers I worked with.
live music isgreat
Corprate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 29, 2016
Margaritaville is a very fun and family like place to work always live music lots of fun and great food bet place Iever worked
Exciting and fast paced environment to work in.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 13, 2015
As the hostess, I greeted guests as they would arrive and find them a table if one was available right away. As it got busier, I would enter them into a point of sale system to determine where I would later seat them once a place was available. I would ask them questions as well as answering any questions they had and help them to the best of my ability. I learned how to train new employees as well as how to pro-host which is the person in charge of all the hosts, telling them where to seat the guests and planning for big parties and groups that may arrive. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep customers happy when they were waiting for a table on the busy weekend nights. The most enjoyable part was the live music, fun, relaxed atmosphere, and the high spirits of the staff.
Pros
Discounted meals, benefits, competitive wages, exciting environment
Fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 4, 2016
Fun place to work with good compensation if you know how to wow the guest. Management can be a bit up tight but look past them and you will do well.
Fun workplace
MAIN BANKER (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 17, 2015
Is was a very fun Place to work. Days were long and slow. It was closed because we didn't have any business. I am going to miss the healthcare.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
no raises
It's chaotic but you can make a lot of money
Server/Bartender Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2015
This was one of the best places I worked at, but it went down the drain, and now it's the worst place to work. My co-workers were so wonderful, and it was like my second family. The guests were typically very happy and upbeat. The management was a disgrace and embarrassment, but you can't do anything about that.
Fun At Work
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 19, 2015
Great experience so far with this company. I am continuously challenged everyday and have learned more about the BOH roles and how important they are. This was my first experience opening a brand new restaurant which was very fun, stressful, hectic and rewarding all at the same time. Our core purpose is to "Create and Deliver Fun and Escapism" which is something I try to practice everyday as well as leading and coaching my employees to do the same. This is a relaxing atmosphere while still getting the job done and being able to have fun at work.
Pros
Great discount on food and merchandise.
Cons
Long work weeks and time spent on your feet (that goes without saying)
Great Money. Fun Job.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2015
Fun place on the Las Vegas strip. Fast Paced, exciting atmosphere. Union was an amazing experience, however the management was very unfair,
Pros
great money, good times
Cons
no growth, No respect
Its a fun Place to Work at.
restaurant host (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLApril 23, 2015
A typical day was taking guest to tables,helping out the busboys, and dealing with reservations.
I learned how to be socially interactive with other people and know what to say and what not to say in a work environment.
The Management is friendly and nice.
Co-workers and friendly and fun to be around.
The hardest part of the job was when it was in slow times when it wasn't busy.
Good work environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 31, 2015
Great work place and co-workers. Performing as Prep Cook is perhaps my favorite cooking experience. Regretfully, this establishment closed abruptly.
Jimmy Buffets Maragritaville
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work for me was

conduct trainings; investigated and resolved questions and complaints from internal and external customers; follow through with commitments; trained employees to increase their productivity, knowledge base, and ability to exceed their goals; assist with inventory; assisted in hiring decision; offered positive and constructive feedback; instructed and ensured compliance with company procedures; and ensure safety with customer personal account information.
Pros
flexible schdule
Cons
no room to advance
live band,stilt walkers and great atmosphere
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2015
A great day dealing with plenty of visitors since we were located on beach ending the day with anywhere from 9500 to 12000 days . although i worked in retail before i learned that not all guest are the same and you have to be patient and willing do go to the end to make the guest satisfied.Every last employee of the venue was great and willing to help no matter part of the restaurant they work in.Being able to meet the guest and seeing them again later on the season or the next year and they remember you and you can talk to them bout where they been and ask hows the rest of the family and did they come.
Pros
meeting new people everyday, wonderful atmosphere of the job
Cons
coming to the job and next person is in the bad mood and they try to make your day bad
Tourist Restaurant not so Fun for Employees
Server (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2012
Fired for being 50 minutes late after being given 45 minutes forlosing my tire going 80 on the highway. Had earned several 100% guest satisfaction and awards through the company but the GM in Nashville had absolutely no heart and was the meanest coldhearted person Ive ever had to work for. Fired another coworker for a no-call no show where he was in a wreck and went to the hospital in an ambulance. Wow!
Pros
good locations
Cons
management is more worried about promoting themselves
High energy and exciting place to work
Entertainment Manager/Disc Jockey (Former Employee) –  George, Grand CaymanJuly 23, 2012
Jimmy buffett's Margaritaville Grand Cayman a high energy family restaurant. We seat 650 people. I throw a fun on partystarting as early as 9am and run for 6 hours...lot of activities. We have a fun staff who are highly motivated to providing quality service.
Pros
lot of benefits
Cons
no cons
Bad Company Bad Leaders
Administration (Current Employee) –  OrlandoDecember 15, 2012
Don't waste your time this is not a good company. Leadership is weak. Most employees are backstabbers.

Company took away benefits and gave us a terrible alternative.

Very bad culture. Very unprofessional atmosphere.

looking for new job.
Pros
free lunch at a gross cafeteria
Cons
management, controller, cfo, vp, vp hr
High-volume, fun workplace with live music and people on vacation
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2012
One of the biggest venues I've worked in, with the highest-volume I have ever worked in but still able to have fun while working. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make guests happy while they're on vacation.
Pros
many opportunities to relocate to another venue
Fun brand stands for escapism!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2012
Hardworking and extremely dedicated which leaves me working much longer hours than coworkers. I'm working on many new things that are outside my area of expertise which allows me to grow in uncharted territory. My coworkers are awesome!
Pros
casual dress
Cons
no lunch break, long hours

2.9