Margaritaville

Margaritaville Employer Reviews

live band,stilt walkers and great atmosphere
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: meeting new people everyday, wonderful atmosphere of the job
Cons: coming to the job and next person is in the bad mood and they try to make your day bad
A great day dealing with plenty of visitors since we were located on beach ending the day with anywhere from 9500 to 12000 days . although i worked in retail before i learned that not all guest are the same and you have to be patient and willing do go to the end to make the guest satisfied.Every last employee of the venue was great and willing to help no matter part of the restaurant they work in.Being able to meet the guest and seeing them again later on the season or the next year and they remember you and you can talk to them bout where they been and ask hows the rest of the family and did they come.
Jimmy Buffets Maragritaville
Trainer (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible schdule
Cons: no room to advance
A typical day at work for me was

conduct trainings; investigated and resolved questions and complaints from internal and external customers; follow through with commitments; trained employees to increase their productivity, knowledge base, and ability to exceed their goals; assist with inventory; assisted in hiring decision; offered positive and constructive feedback; instructed and ensured compliance with company procedures; and ensure safety with customer personal account information.
Social Atmosphere
Host (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2014
Fun environment to be around and the hours were flexible. It was quite east to get along with co workers. Time management was a key factor in succeeding
sucks
Food Server (Current Employee), atlantic city, new jerseyNovember 24, 2014
Management sucks. They do not value their employees. The co-workers are the best part.
A comfortable work atmosphere
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2014
Your work is ready for you to start as soon as you get in for the day. A preshift meeting gives you guidelines for the days goals and everyone gets their own set of the work to pull their weight.
needs work
Cashier/hostess (Current Employee), Bossier City, LANovember 4, 2014
we are short staffed and management only care about there jobs
Productive and fun workplace
Cite Manager / Photographer (Former Employee), Myrtle BeachOctober 30, 2014
Pros: fun environment, great people, discount on food and retail
Cons: working outside was hot
I worked here multiple seasons with multiple positions. I worked in the retail department which is great. Great management and a fun environment. Some late nights required, but it's fair and they take that into consideration and rarely ask you to open after a late night. I worked with the parrots for two seasons. One season as a sales associate, the next as the cite manager. I loved the job. Great times with great people. The pay was more then fair and I got to interact with live parrots with tourists to ensure they had a great time at Margaritaville. I worked very long hours as the cite manager but I really didn't mind it. I was paid pretty decently for that position so It made up for it. I didn't have many complaints with company and I know many others who enjoyed working there as well. The hardest part of the job was the heat, it gets pretty toasty working in the retail department, and working outside. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the people you met. People who come to Margaritaville are usually there for a good time!
Fun atmosphere
Server (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 4, 2014
Pros: fun, and discount food.
Cons: overpriced
Really cool place to work! The music, the people it attracted, and you really feel like your working near the beach.
A great place to work
Waitress (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJApril 2, 2014
Margaritaville is a great place to work. Very upbeat and friendly. The management is always there to help along with my co workers. The hardest part of my job is difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is living life the way Jimmy Buffett does.
Made a mistake working for this company
Chef (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: manager meals
Cons: long hours, health benefits not very good
The New Orleans store was not ran very well, high turnover of employees. Went without a GM for 9 months. Front of house managers fought all the time.
was working an average of 12 hrs a day or more.
Fun and Productive job
Bartender (Former Employee), Erath, LAMarch 14, 2014
I enjoyed working here, the individuals or amazing. Serving others and listening to there stories or great.
Productive workplace and environment
Security Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAAugust 21, 2013
Productive workplace and environment. Its a good company with nice and productive co-workers.
Great workplace, where you also have fun.
Host/Busser (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLAugust 20, 2013
Everyday at work was fun. Everyone always was in a good mood and always had fun. It is a great place to work.
Fun but chaotic
Hotel Desk Agent (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAAugust 14, 2013
New business, still working out kinks. Could have used a little more time putting procedures in place before actually opening. Co-Workers and managers are super fun. Hardest part of customer service is the customer. The best part of customer service... is the customer.
Fun and Easy
Casino Service Manager (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: fun and easy
Cons: no healthcare
Fun and Easy, Management team was great, co workers were always willing to go above and beyond the call of duty.

Over all I learned how to become a successful, dedicated Manager who earned the respect of my co workers.
Bad Company Bad Leaders
Administration (Current Employee), OrlandoDecember 15, 2012
Pros: free lunch at a gross cafeteria
Cons: management, controller, cfo, vp, vp hr
Don't waste your time this is not a good company. Leadership is weak. Most employees are backstabbers.

Company took away benefits and gave us a terrible alternative.

Very bad culture. Very unprofessional atmosphere.

looking for new job.
Good Pay, Fun environment
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTNovember 3, 2012
This was my first big restaurant that i worked in management was a little wishy washy because it was a new restaurant and they were still working out the kinks but it was a good experience overall and it taught me how to work in a high volume restaurant
Hard place to grow
Margaritaville Home Office (Current Employee), Orlando,flOctober 30, 2012
Pros: free lunch in building cafeteria
Cons: healthcare cost, no raises or other perks
Not a place to learn or grow or advance. Bickering, infighting, and sabatoge in departments. Spend lots of money of unecessary things, but no money invested in employees.
Tourist Restaurant not so Fun for Employees
Server (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2012
Pros: good locations
Cons: management is more worried about promoting themselves
Fired for being 50 minutes late after being given 45 minutes forlosing my tire going 80 on the highway. Had earned several 100% guest satisfaction and awards through the company but the GM in Nashville had absolutely no heart and was the meanest coldhearted person Ive ever had to work for. Fired another coworker for a no-call no show where he was in a wreck and went to the hospital in an ambulance. Wow!
High energy and exciting place to work
Entertainment Manager/Disc Jockey (Former Employee), George, Grand CaymanJuly 23, 2012
Pros: lot of benefits
Cons: no cons
Jimmy buffett's Margaritaville Grand Cayman a high energy family restaurant. We seat 650 people. I throw a fun on partystarting as early as 9am and run for 6 hours...lot of activities. We have a fun staff who are highly motivated to providing quality service.