Maria Parham Medical Center Employee Reviews

RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Very good Everything works together. As a team in supervision. Hours are long too much overtime. Adminstriction is awesome. Would like to try something different. Been nurse since 1982. There is good experience st small hospitals get yo know everyone personally. Reason for changing may move to a different area
Nice Hospital atmosphere
Admin Assist (Former Employee) –  North Carolina Surgical AssociatesJuly 18, 2017
Worked for a surgical group of 3 physicians as a medical biller. Also helped bill and train in other medical clinics owned by the hospital. Enjoyed the work but got the opportunity to be an Admin Assistant to the hospital Vice President of Operations working in his Employee Health Network.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
Great place to learn new technologies
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCMay 4, 2017
Good place to work, always something going on from day to day activities, break fix issues, and projects. Have to work with corporate on a daily basis to troubleshoot issues.
Pros
Good co-workers, can take PTO
Cons
pay
Challenging
Serving food and/or assisting residents (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCApril 29, 2017
Working at Maria Parham as a Dietary, it can be challenging. This job is challenging on most days, but with teamwork the jobs were done by the end of the day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The temperature in the kitchen, its very hot working in the kitchen.
My Experience at Maria Parham Medical Center
Certified Nursing Assistant Rehab (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCApril 15, 2017
Typical day at work was doing blood glucose checks, vital signs, making beds, recording how the day went to 7p.m. shift when they came in.I learned how to work with patients in a Rehab. Department. I really didn't experience any management skills her other than managing my patients. I work with a very good staff and everybody got along well with each other. Hardest part of the job was the 12 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of my job was been able to help the nurses do some minor paperwork. Enjoyed doing that at well. I had no problem helping out whenever and wherever was needed.
Pros
Opportunity to learn new things.
Cons
Long work day.
Overall tone was ok
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJanuary 23, 2017
The overall tone of the office was ok. The individuals that I worked with were great. Overall an ok place to work. The hardest part of the job was the morale was not the greatest.
Great Learning Experience
(PHLEBOTOMIST) - RUIN CREEK ROAD (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCSeptember 22, 2016
I worked in various departments including ER and ICU. I was efficient in all my duties and was acknowledged as a professional in my job. I worked well with management and coworkers. Even swapping shifts if necessary. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed but I was determined to do my best in every situation. I enjoyed spending time with my patients and coworkers.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay and benefits
Used and Uninformed
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCMay 4, 2015
The Phlebotomy team, which can apply 30 minutes to an hour down the road and earn their gas money back plus some is grossly unappreciated. The management does not liked to be titled thusly and picks and chooses whom she favors. A legal FT week is given no consideration and PTO is taken freely by management without consent while DLP gives no sick pay. The co-workers are immature, at best, and slack in their seriousness given their position. Communication is poor and the generous are taken advantage of.
Ok
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCApril 27, 2015
Small hospital that remains consistently busy. High acuity and high volume. Not ideal for new grads but a great learning experience.
Mpmc
Patient Access Specialist/Outpatient (Current Employee) –  Henderson NC 27536April 15, 2015
The location is great, near home, great people to work with, benefits are good, flexible shifts, great opportunities, great place to experience
Work with wonderful coworkers
Medical Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJanuary 25, 2015
This is a good company to work for. They do pay below the grade level. They are a very good place to start off working in the medical field. It's some what difficult to advance if you are a beginner. I have met some very good people working here. I currently work with a good front office and doctor staff.
Could be so much better
RN (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCAugust 11, 2014
Great people work here. There's just not enough support from management and administration for nurses to thrive.
challenging
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCMarch 29, 2014
This job was challenging on most days but with teamwork the jobs were done by the end of the day.
Buisness Office
Medical Assistance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCOctober 25, 2013
See self pay patients and screen them for possible medicaid or payment arrangement. Also offer charity to patients that qualify.
Pros
Very good co-workers
Cons
turn over rate
New challenges everyday
Billing Specialist - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCApril 26, 2013
The hospital was recently bought out, each day presented a new challenge of things that were expected and needed. Kept you busy and on your toes.
Some of my co-workers are team players
Certified Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJanuary 11, 2013
You work hard but I love my patients.....
I enjoy what I do here at MPMC.
NOT a good place to work
Clinical Auditor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCSeptember 30, 2012
You do not want this position. It only pays 24,000 and you the expectations are unreal. The qualifications says GED only but that is so untrue. If you don't have any medical experience, you will suffer and don't expect any real training. You will not get it! You will be working with people that have been there for years and they will expect you to know it all. I would not ever suggest this place to anyone!
Cons
no true training!
I Love to do Phlebotomy work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 17, 2012
I love working and doing Phlebotomy.I love knowing that i will be helping people learn somthing about whats going on with them because it will help them be able to get the help they need if they need it.
Pros
helping people
Cons
learning more each and every day is truly a blessing.
New Management,
ASPT Certified Phlebotomist, Breath Alcohol Tech. (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJune 11, 2012
I go into work at 10 pm. working in the ER. My 3rd shift phlebotomy/lab team are honesltly wonderful people and great team members to be a part of. We (3rd shift lab) do make a great team, in working with each other and helping when needed. The hardest part of my night are the my abusive patients that phyisical try to harm you. The Management could and should be better. What I enjoy most is knowing the fact that I can help a patient in some way, to help save a life or just make feel better. That is a reward all in its own.
Pros
wonderful 3rd shift lab partners
Cons
no team work from other areas of the hospital, low pay, do not have decent insurance.