Maria Parham Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Learning Experience
(PHLEBOTOMIST) - RUIN CREEK ROAD (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCSeptember 22, 2016
I worked in various departments including ER and ICU. I was efficient in all my duties and was acknowledged as a professional in my job. I worked well with management and coworkers. Even swapping shifts if necessary. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed but I was determined to do my best in every situation. I enjoyed spending time with my patients and coworkers.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay and benefits
Mpmc
Patient Access Specialist/Outpatient (Current Employee) –  Henderson NC 27536April 15, 2015
The location is great, near home, great people to work with, benefits are good, flexible shifts, great opportunities, great place to experience
Used and Uninformed
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCMay 4, 2015
The Phlebotomy team, which can apply 30 minutes to an hour down the road and earn their gas money back plus some is grossly unappreciated. The management does not liked to be titled thusly and picks and chooses whom she favors. A legal FT week is given no consideration and PTO is taken freely by management without consent while DLP gives no sick pay. The co-workers are immature, at best, and slack in their seriousness given their position. Communication is poor and the generous are taken advantage of.
New Management,
ASPT Certified Phlebotomist, Breath Alcohol Tech. (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJune 11, 2012
I go into work at 10 pm. working in the ER. My 3rd shift phlebotomy/lab team are honesltly wonderful people and great team members to be a part of. We (3rd shift lab) do make a great team, in working with each other and helping when needed. The hardest part of my night are the my abusive patients that phyisical try to harm you. The Management could and should be better. What I enjoy most is knowing the fact that I can help a patient in some way, to help save a life or just make feel better. That is a reward all in its own.
Pros
wonderful 3rd shift lab partners
Cons
no team work from other areas of the hospital, low pay, do not have decent insurance.
Work with wonderful coworkers
Medical Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJanuary 25, 2015
This is a good company to work for. They do pay below the grade level. They are a very good place to start off working in the medical field. It's some what difficult to advance if you are a beginner. I have met some very good people working here. I currently work with a good front office and doctor staff.
Ok
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCApril 27, 2015
Small hospital that remains consistently busy. High acuity and high volume. Not ideal for new grads but a great learning experience.
Some of my co-workers are team players
Certified Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJanuary 11, 2013
You work hard but I love my patients.....
I enjoy what I do here at MPMC.
Could be so much better
RN (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCAugust 11, 2014
Great people work here. There's just not enough support from management and administration for nurses to thrive.
I Love to do Phlebotomy work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 17, 2012
I love working and doing Phlebotomy.I love knowing that i will be helping people learn somthing about whats going on with them because it will help them be able to get the help they need if they need it.
Pros
helping people
Cons
learning more each and every day is truly a blessing.
Buisness Office
Medical Assistance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCOctober 25, 2013
See self pay patients and screen them for possible medicaid or payment arrangement. Also offer charity to patients that qualify.
Pros
very good co-workers
Cons
turn over rate
overall good place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Henderson, ncOctober 14, 2013
I like my job im just looking for something dayshift and during the week.
Pros
helping people
Cons
i work night shift
New challenges everyday
Billing Specialist - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCApril 26, 2013
The hospital was recently bought out, each day presented a new challenge of things that were expected and needed. Kept you busy and on your toes.
challenging
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCMarch 29, 2014
This job was challenging on most days but with teamwork the jobs were done by the end of the day.