Marian Manor Nursing Home Employee Reviews in United States

Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  South Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2016
We enjoy working together and we used to compete as well. I learned how to ay clean and maintain work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers; as appropriate to the area of operation.
Washes pots, pans, and other serviceware ensuring sanitary handling; organizes and replaces serviceware to appropriate location.
May perform cashiering duties, as required.
May provide guidance and training to other employees performing related work.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive, but not a good career place.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MANovember 30, 2015
Working at Marian Manor give you the chance to be a part of the health team. It was an enjoyable place to work, where everyday set new challenges to overcome.
good place to work pay vacations and sick tmes
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  South Boston, MAMay 13, 2015
check the residents get reports follow up calls to MD, families and call to the pharmacy start med pass, treatments write notes
Pros
work keep busy i feel good when i care a patient and gets well
Cons
depress when my resident dies
Lively and fun place to work
Care Home Assistant (Former Employee) –  United States of AmericaJanuary 12, 2015
I always look forward to my working day which was enjoyable to me as the employers and co-workers were very friendly and that makes it even more easier for me to work. The team work in the Home was super.

learned a lot while working in the home, the staffs, management co -workers were all friendly and ready to work as a team.
Pros
free lunches
Excellent care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2015
If I had to put my loved one in a nursing home this facility would be one that I would feel comfortable placing them in. The management does an excellent job. The nursing and nursing support staff also do wonderful work. The therapy department is A+++++. Kitchen help knock themselves out to try to please. Friendly people thoughout the whole facility , business office, social work,etc ,are awesome!
Pros
many
Cons
few
good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAOctober 21, 2014
i worked at Marion manor as a beginner, they were very welcoming. i enjoyed evey single day of my work.
I learn so many things .
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 13, 2014
I work moring shift. Then management is not bad .I learn about team work. We have fun always with co workers. The hardest job is when we loose our resident because we are so close them . The most enjoyable part of the job is to make happy the resident .
Pros
some times we get free luche in holidays and icecream
Cons
they have health insurance
It is a very nice place with a lot of activities for the residents.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  South Boston, MASeptember 26, 2014
I like when I'm at work because these people are so enjoyable to work with especially the one who like to tell stories. The hardest part is that some co-workers bring their problems to work with them and that sometimes can cause a lot of confusion between us by not understanding each other. I learn a lot from my job. The people that I work with are like my teacher, advisor etc.
Pros
i like my job. the residents are very nice
Cons
there are times that they do not want to be bother.
incredible place to learn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  South Boston, MAAugust 1, 2014
A great place to work, to get hands on knowledge for first time nurses.
Nursing Homes are difficult environments
Confidential (Current Employee) –  South Boston, MAJune 11, 2014
This, like any other nursing home, is difficult because of the financial strain placed on nursing homes. Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement rates are too low. This is a nice Catholic nursing home where they always put the residents first. That is the way it should be.
Productive, responsible skilled nursing facility.
Staff Nurse and Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2013
Productive, responsible skilled nursing facility known for its exemplary nursing care and high integrity toward its residents and staff. Marian Manor was my first nursing job after receiving my RN license, 2006. I loved my coworkers there, but also felt that I had to move on to other nursing opportunities. I am ever grateful for everything that Marian Manor did for me in the time I was there.
more regimented than necessary
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAAugust 3, 2013
pretty boring. I worked security in a nursing home. It was overly regimented for what it was... a nursing home.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
stuck at a typewriter writing the exact same sentence every 15 minutes, confusing pay scale
excellent
Nursing Nurse Educator/Pharmacy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 4, 2012
Meds administration
Treatments
Staff education
Siminars
worse place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MANovember 19, 2012
nothing enjoyable, selfish co worker, learn nothing, not enough staffs, always feel sick in my way to work
Pros
expensive food, no flavor
Cons
healthcare
It was the first time i had become a cna.
Cna (Former Employee) –  South Boston,maFebruary 26, 2012
It was the most wonderful experience i had with working with elderly people. This has motivaed me to wanna work with people.
very fast paced enviornment
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  south Boston,MAFebruary 24, 2012
I love working @ Marian Manor, any job that conist of helping others.