Marian University

Marian University United States Employee Reviews

Opportunity for students to grow in positive direction.
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 9, 2015
My coworkers were willing to work with a very busy class schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure students weren't taking advantage of you. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students succeed and learn.
Easy School Job
OneStop Desk Worker (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIDecember 18, 2014
This was just a job to get a little bit of extra money and kill time while I still lived on campus.
Marian is committed to its students and supportive of the teaching staff.
Educator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2014
Pros: student focused for their success.
Cons: no benefits
As a clinical instructor my day starts the day before with researching appropriate patients for the student level and the unit flow. I arrive early the day of clinical to review the every changing population and to assure we have the patients that will best facilitate the nurses work. Nursing is every changing and I have learned to be flexible as I as an integral person that must safeguarding the students, the learning institution and the university to give a great standard of care for the patient. The hardest part of the job is getting the students to be responsible for their own learning. My co-workers are a great resource especially the academic advisers to help me produce good clinicians. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing from former students on how my teaching has influenced them to focus on individualized patient care.
Productive, variety of hands on maintence experience
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: schedule
Duties Included:

• Painting (rolling and spraying) of free standing structures and university buildings
• Drywall installation, repair and finishing
• Carpentry work
• Basic electrical work including changing ballasts, outlets, switches, etc.
• Tiling work including ceiling and floor tiles
• Basic work repairing AC + Heater systems (if required, willing to get certified)
Great Leadership and working environment for most
Education Faculty (Current Employee), IndianapolisNovember 23, 2014
Long hours and fair treatment are here.
Limited opportunity for advancement and typical small IT department Don't expect training or professional development opportunities if you are a staff member.
Outstanding Executive leadership has Marian headed in the right direction
Exciting, cultured, mentally stimulating place to work.
Mentor for the NASA (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 11, 2014
Instruct students in an anatomy lab setting working with human anatomy models correlating to each system within the human body. Work along side a biomedical scientist as a laboratory assistant/researcher.
A wonderful place to work
Nursing Faculty (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment for both students & faculty
This was a small Franciscan college when I taught nursing there. I loved my students, my faculty, my boss, and the whole small college atmosphere--even though I had come from Big Purdue University. Religion was integrated into all we did & said. Not that Catholicism was crammed down anyone's throat; it's just that we lived what Jesus would have had us live. Obviously, nuns were everywhere.
A great atmosphere to work in
Admissions Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIApril 23, 2014
Put together mailings
How to communicate with people
Well put together management
Friendly people but professional
Giving a tour with people who are not friendly
Seeing a student I gave a tour to attend Marian
Productive learning experience
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2013
Learned about the keys to sustainability and the current threats to the environment in lectures every morning paired with independent research in the afternoons. Other participants included local science teachers and college students
Fun place to work
Clinical Adjunct Facilitator (Current Employee), 3200 Colds Springs Road Indianapolis IN 46222August 30, 2013
Pros: watching the faces of the students as they get to perform procedures
Cons: trying to keep up with them some days!
I am a Clinical Adjunct. Typically we meet in the morning and review charts before report. Once report is completed the students begin their assessments. If they are scheduled to administer medications on that day I make sure of the scheduled times so I can coordinate my times in and out of the rooms with them. I typically have 4-5 students administering meds a day. After meds are completed they complete ADLS , do dressing changes if ordered, walk them as necessary.
Challenging experience
Plant Operations & Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2013
Interfaced daily with Faculty, staff, and students to ensure safe, healthy learing environment.
Great Experience
Federal Work Study (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2013
I was lucky to have the opportunity to work for the School of Nursing all four years at Marian. I enjoyed getting to work with the professors, Dean, and everyone in the office. I learned a lot there.
Great University
Study Table Monitor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2012
Pros: provides time for me to study or accomplish things i could not accomplish throughout the day.
Cons: late in the evening
This a part time position, twice a week two hours a week.
Marian is a a growing university; a college turned university. The athletic department has grown tremendously over the past two years. I supervise a classroom of more than 40 athletic students; they are young adults and act as so. I work under and report directly to the Athletic Director of the university.
Lively, fun workplace where everyone gets along
Physical Education Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2012
Pros: fun coworkers, positive atmosphere
I would come in to work as most of the administrators were leaving, so I would chat with them and wish them a good rest of the day as I started my day of work. I gained good experience in managing a weight room and cardio room, as well as, opening and locking up the entire building at designated hours. I'd say the hardest part of my job was sitting around on those days that I didn't see many people coming into use our facilities. It tended to get a little boring in there. The most fulfilling part of the job was interacting with people and helping them in any way they needed to make their experience as good as possible.
Supportive and inspirational place to work
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 16, 2012
Pros: faculty development funds
Cons: pay is a bit lower
Great people
Excellent flexibility
Creative freedom
Free educational benefits for dependents
Clean and Safe environment, communication
Food Prep, Cook, Server, and Barista (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 10, 2012
I have been taught why it is important to maintain a clean and safe work environment. Also, how to commuicate better with people.I worked well with my co-workers, the job always got done.
Men's Ware
Phone Tenant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2012
Must be on toes at all times. No mistakes tolerated. Take responsibility for ALL actions.
Educational and convenient
Resident Life Work Study (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMarch 3, 2012
Marian was a great place to work. It worked perfectly with my schedule because I could work in between classes. It was also convenient because it was right on campus. The people I worked with were friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was relaxed and fun. The job also provided me with a better understanding of the university and helped develop skills that I did not have previously.