Marian University Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding
Program Coordinator and Assistant Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 25, 2015
I worked in the Career Services Office with college students who were preparing themselves to become educators. I helped them prepare their resumes and cover letters as well as conducting mock interviews to prepare them for their actual interviews. Another responsibility I held was to get education students into the local elementary and middle schools as volunteers to tutor students in math and reading. As the supervisor for these tutors, I worked closely with the administrators to ensure the program ran smoothly and that the students who worked in the school buildings were a good fit.
Pros
College setting.
Cons
A fair amount of politics.
A great place
Tier 2 Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2016
The community at Marian University is a great one, were your co-workers are always willing to help you advance in your life. While the student body is one of the best in the state.
Fantastic job at a great place to work
Assistant Director of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2016
I truly enjoyed my nearly 10 years of service doing what I love. I was able to extend my network vastly and truly enjoyed working with the student-athletes on a daily basis.
Pros
Working in college sports
Cons
Marian is committed to its students and supportive of the teaching staff.
Educator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2014
As a clinical instructor my day starts the day before with researching appropriate patients for the student level and the unit flow. I arrive early the day of clinical to review the every changing population and to assure we have the patients that will best facilitate the nurses work. Nursing is every changing and I have learned to be flexible as I as an integral person that must safeguarding the students, the learning institution and the university to give a great standard of care for the patient. The hardest part of the job is getting the students to be responsible for their own learning. My co-workers are a great resource especially the academic advisers to help me produce good clinicians. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing from former students on how my teaching has influenced them to focus on individualized patient care.
Pros
student focused for their success.
Cons
no benefits
My co-workers were very cooperative.
Visiting Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2016
It was okey to work there. I love the language classroom.
The chair was a nice person and the co-workers were always available to help.
Pros
The technology in the classroom was A+
Cons
I did not get any benefits.
Supportive and inspirational place to work
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 16, 2012
Great people
Excellent flexibility
Creative freedom
Free educational benefits for dependents
Pros
faculty development funds
Cons
pay is a bit lower
Great Leadership and working environment for most
Education Faculty (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisNovember 23, 2014
Long hours and fair treatment are here.
Limited opportunity for advancement and typical small IT department Don't expect training or professional development opportunities if you are a staff member.
Outstanding Executive leadership has Marian headed in the right direction
Productive WORKPLACE
Speaking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis InOctober 1, 2015
It's a great company to work for. I really enjoy my job here, but it is a student only job. It's students helping other students. So when I leave the university I cannot keep that job.
Good transition employment, not ideal longterm employment
staff member (Current Employee) –  campusFebruary 15, 2015
small sized but growing university. Environment would be much improved in Senior leadership would support faculty and staff. No professional development, no policies or procedures equal to other universities.
Pros
work/ life balance
Cons
no room for advancement, poor senior leadership. still behind technologically
College call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  FONDULAC WISMay 5, 2015
• Greeted customers
• Performed data entry of customer’s transactions into the computer
• Balanced currency, coin and checks in cash drawers at end of the shifts
• Calculate daily transitions using computers and calculators
• Cashed checks and paid out money
Pros
LOVE THE LINE OF COMMUNICATION
Lively, fun workplace where everyone gets along
Physical Education Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2012
I would come in to work as most of the administrators were leaving, so I would chat with them and wish them a good rest of the day as I started my day of work. I gained good experience in managing a weight room and cardio room, as well as, opening and locking up the entire building at designated hours. I'd say the hardest part of my job was sitting around on those days that I didn't see many people coming into use our facilities. It tended to get a little boring in there. The most fulfilling part of the job was interacting with people and helping them in any way they needed to make their experience as good as possible.
Pros
fun coworkers, positive atmosphere
Fun place to work
Clinical Adjunct Facilitator (Current Employee) –  3200 Colds Springs Road Indianapolis IN 46222August 30, 2013
I am a Clinical Adjunct. Typically we meet in the morning and review charts before report. Once report is completed the students begin their assessments. If they are scheduled to administer medications on that day I make sure of the scheduled times so I can coordinate my times in and out of the rooms with them. I typically have 4-5 students administering meds a day. After meds are completed they complete ADLS , do dressing changes if ordered, walk them as necessary.
Pros
watching the faces of the students as they get to perform procedures
Cons
trying to keep up with them some days!
Productive, variety of hands on maintence experience
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2014
Duties Included:

• Painting (rolling and spraying) of free standing structures and university buildings
• Drywall installation, repair and finishing
• Carpentry work
• Basic electrical work including changing ballasts, outlets, switches, etc.
• Tiling work including ceiling and floor tiles
• Basic work repairing AC + Heater systems (if required, willing to get certified)
Pros
free lunch
Cons
schedule
Opportunity for students to grow in positive direction.
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 9, 2015
My coworkers were willing to work with a very busy class schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure students weren't taking advantage of you. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students succeed and learn.
A wonderful place to work
Nursing Faculty (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2014
This was a small Franciscan college when I taught nursing there. I loved my students, my faculty, my boss, and the whole small college atmosphere--even though I had come from Big Purdue University. Religion was integrated into all we did & said. Not that Catholicism was crammed down anyone's throat; it's just that we lived what Jesus would have had us live. Obviously, nuns were everywhere.
Pros
excellent work environment for both students & faculty
Great University
Study Table Monitor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2012
This a part time position, twice a week two hours a week.
Marian is a a growing university; a college turned university. The athletic department has grown tremendously over the past two years. I supervise a classroom of more than 40 athletic students; they are young adults and act as so. I work under and report directly to the Athletic Director of the university.
Pros
provides time for me to study or accomplish things i could not accomplish throughout the day.
Cons
late in the evening
A great atmosphere to work in
Admissions Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIApril 23, 2014
Put together mailings
How to communicate with people
Well put together management
Friendly people but professional
Giving a tour with people who are not friendly
Seeing a student I gave a tour to attend Marian
Educational and convenient
Resident Life Work Study (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMarch 3, 2012
Marian was a great place to work. It worked perfectly with my schedule because I could work in between classes. It was also convenient because it was right on campus. The people I worked with were friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was relaxed and fun. The job also provided me with a better understanding of the university and helped develop skills that I did not have previously.
Exciting, cultured, mentally stimulating place to work.
Mentor for the NASA (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 11, 2014
Instruct students in an anatomy lab setting working with human anatomy models correlating to each system within the human body. Work along side a biomedical scientist as a laboratory assistant/researcher.
Easy School Job
OneStop Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIDecember 18, 2014
This was just a job to get a little bit of extra money and kill time while I still lived on campus.

4.3