Marian University Employee Reviews

Productive fun enviroment
GAME MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 26, 2017
While this job was a more relaxed job and only needed when sports events were taking place, this job required 100% of my attention while I was working. I needed to keep the environment as friendly as possible while promoting the fun of the sporting event. While preparation for the event was difficult for myself, I had plenty of time to prepare. I enjoyed working with my fellow classmates that I have got to know very well.
Pros
Very independent
Cons
Nagging jobs are required
Isolated work day with diverse tasks
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2017
Enjoyed working with Marian as they were not only my employer but they are also my educator. The wok load was not unbearable but it helped me advance in the specific field I was interested in studying at the time.
Culture of empty promises
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 11, 2017
The new management and new operating structure are going to close Marian. There is no concern for employee welfare, and leadership lies about what is going to happen. There is favoritism and managers that make decisions without investigating two sides of an issue.
Pros
The legacy of Marian and the sisters
Cons
Inconsistent leadership practices, disregard for confidentiality, lack of employee support, poor communmication
Great university and place of learning
Major Gifts Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2017
I loved raising funds for scholarships which allow deserving students to reach their educational goals. Meeting alumni and business owners who were dedicated to this goals was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Making decision frequently and quickly
I started working as an adjunct instructor at ITT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2017
A typical day consist of may changes during the shift with admissions and discharges, altercations among patients during groups. patient do not always take to the diverse culture. hardest part is keeping up with the fast changes during the shift.
Pros
patient growth
Cons
no break
Great Private College
Professor (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIApril 26, 2017
Great University in small town setting. Strong Education, Nursing and Business programs at both the graduate and undergraduate level. Liberal Arts core courses that expose students to a breadth of knowledge before going in depth in their chosen field.
Pros
Safe, student centered
Cons
Not very diverse, limited social events
n/a
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 22, 2017
great employer. take care of their employees. lots of room for growth. work culture is very nurturing. lots of changes currently happening within the university for the better.
Be creative
Residence Hall Director (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIOctober 18, 2016
You'll need to be creative in finding things to fill your day while staying within some VERY strict guidelines as to how to do it. If you're looking for a fun culture that will allow you to be creative and think outside the box, find another place to work.
Pros
not much
Cons
dictatorship
fine
Floor Tech/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2016
Steady flow of work. With good pay and benefits. Good co works and good experience for my self. Hardest part of the job was sometimes the work environment. Management was good and usually attentive.
A great place
Tier 2 Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2016
The community at Marian University is a great one, were your co-workers are always willing to help you advance in your life. While the student body is one of the best in the state.
My co-workers were very cooperative.
Visiting Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2016
It was okey to work there. I love the language classroom.
The chair was a nice person and the co-workers were always available to help.
Pros
The technology in the classroom was A+
Cons
I did not get any benefits.
Fantastic job at a great place to work
Assistant Director of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2016
I truly enjoyed my nearly 10 years of service doing what I love. I was able to extend my network vastly and truly enjoyed working with the student-athletes on a daily basis.
Pros
Working in college sports
Productive WORKPLACE
Speaking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis InOctober 1, 2015
It's a great company to work for. I really enjoy my job here, but it is a student only job. It's students helping other students. So when I leave the university I cannot keep that job.
Rewarding
Program Coordinator and Assistant Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 25, 2015
I worked in the Career Services Office with college students who were preparing themselves to become educators. I helped them prepare their resumes and cover letters as well as conducting mock interviews to prepare them for their actual interviews. Another responsibility I held was to get education students into the local elementary and middle schools as volunteers to tutor students in math and reading. As the supervisor for these tutors, I worked closely with the administrators to ensure the program ran smoothly and that the students who worked in the school buildings were a good fit.
Pros
College setting.
Cons
A fair amount of politics.
College call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  FONDULAC WISMay 5, 2015
• Greeted customers
• Performed data entry of customer’s transactions into the computer
• Balanced currency, coin and checks in cash drawers at end of the shifts
• Calculate daily transitions using computers and calculators
• Cashed checks and paid out money
Pros
Love the line of communication
Good transition employment, not ideal longterm employment
staff member (Current Employee) –  campusFebruary 15, 2015
small sized but growing university. Environment would be much improved in Senior leadership would support faculty and staff. No professional development, no policies or procedures equal to other universities.
Pros
work/ life balance
Cons
no room for advancement, poor senior leadership. Still behind technologically
Opportunity for students to grow in positive direction.
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 9, 2015
My coworkers were willing to work with a very busy class schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure students weren't taking advantage of you. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students succeed and learn.
Easy School Job
OneStop Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIDecember 18, 2014
This was just a job to get a little bit of extra money and kill time while I still lived on campus.
Marian is committed to its students and supportive of the teaching staff.
Educator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2014
As a clinical instructor my day starts the day before with researching appropriate patients for the student level and the unit flow. I arrive early the day of clinical to review the every changing population and to assure we have the patients that will best facilitate the nurses work. Nursing is every changing and I have learned to be flexible as I as an integral person that must safeguarding the students, the learning institution and the university to give a great standard of care for the patient. The hardest part of the job is getting the students to be responsible for their own learning. My co-workers are a great resource especially the academic advisers to help me produce good clinicians. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing from former students on how my teaching has influenced them to focus on individualized patient care.
Pros
Student focused for their success.
Cons
No benefits
Productive, variety of hands on maintence experience
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2014
Duties Included:

• Painting (rolling and spraying) of free standing structures and university buildings
• Drywall installation, repair and finishing
• Carpentry work
• Basic electrical work including changing ballasts, outlets, switches, etc.
• Tiling work including ceiling and floor tiles
• Basic work repairing AC + Heater systems (if required, willing to get certified)
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Schedule