Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Good company to work for
Transport Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 4, 2015
I enjoy meeting new people.It's very interesting meeting a melting pot of races and cultures which make you a better understanding of people. The hardest part of the job is to make sure each patients needs are met. The most rewarding part of the job is to see patients progress thru their journey.
Pros
vacation time calculated by accumative hours/health benefits
Cons
dealing with weather elements
Very uneasy workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILDecember 26, 2015
It was uneasy because I had never seen anything like it. It put me out of my place. There were a lot of sad moments as well as happy moments. It was the most emotional place I had ever worked at.
A Place to Call Home.....
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 3, 2014
I worked as an Agency Therapist for a little less than 4 months. I had the pleasure of getting to know the staff in all Departments. I usually critique a hospital or facility on it's "Stress Level" & on my Defibrillator scale, the stress level is pretty 'Flat Lined'. There were days where it was a "Run Forest Run" day, but overall, it was a steady pace and easy going. The staff were friendly, helpful & welcoming. The cafeteria has the BEST SOUP in Illinois. My advice to a potential candidate; 1.) Always bring your "A" game to the job. 2.) Don't engage in negative gossip or cliques 3.) Do not mistake your manager as your "Best Friend", they have a job to do, just like you, so don't get upset if your personal issues are not getting priority with your manager. 4.) Be accountable. Things happen, especially in our personal lives. Most times, this is not a surprise to you. 5.) Do your research; Benefits, Absentee Policy, Tardiness, Growth potential, etc. Things that could affect you, later down the line. 6.) If you have an issue with another staff member, manager, etc., the WORST thing you can do is discuss it with everyone. Marianjoy's staff, to me, was like family. And what happens when you talk negatively about a family member? It comes back to you and not in a good way. That being said, I truly enjoyed my time at Marianjoy.
Pros
the soup, friendly staff, overall atmosphere
Cons
limited job hiring if agency, mngmt can be a little too 'stiff', staff seems to fear job loss if they verbalize an issue.
Great workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJanuary 31, 2015
Management and coworkers extremely helpful. Training and work environment was encouraging and provided a very nurturing arena for both new and experienced nurses.
Pros
was able to help rehabilitate many patients with successful outcomes
Cons
noc shift can make it difficult to attend required meetings
Great environment to learn acute, stroke, brain injury, and neuromuscular patient care
RCA (Current Employee) –  Wheaton illinoisDecember 10, 2014
As a novice RCA working at MJ, I learn so much from the staff and the required learning modules and monthly classes. Emphasis is always on safety and patient satisfaction. Good health care insurance provided to all employees who are .6 and higher. Everyday I'm learning more and my confidence has driven me to excel in school in the healthcare field. Great place to work and grow!!!!
Pros
pt health insurance offered and monthly education courses
Cons
shift can be cancelled based off of patient census
Managment of Therapeutic schedules and treatments.
Program Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 22, 2014
A typical work day includes managing patient schedules, assisting in physician inquiries about patients, triaging patient concerns and questions, and providing administrative support to senior leaders.
I learned to effectively manage tasks and a high level of pace in an office. Also I have to be very detail oriented and have a high level of accuracy when assisting patients.
Working as a team, including physicians, therapists, registered nurses and other administrative staff allowed me to understand and effectively support all disciplines when needed.
The hardest part of my job was to not always assume the same level of expectations that I have for myself. I always am striving for success and a high level of accuracy.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to work with all types of people whether it is patients, staff, vendors, or sales professionals. I enjoy being around people and the positive interaction between makes an enjoyable workplace.
Pros
flexible schedule
Very friendly work environment.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILApril 25, 2014
Working at Marianjoy was like working with friends but at the same time there was professionalism in abundance with very little feeling of impersonable attitudes from co-workers or management.
Pros
intimate and personal .
Cons
none.
Superior facility to learn and apply needed acute care
RCA I (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 25, 2014
MarianJoy is an excellent place to learn and apply the needed skills required in a acute care environment
Pros
acquired training needed to excel in the healthcare arena.
Cons
pay rate could be better and way too many call-offs makes it hard to make a living
Telecom Analyst, Information Services (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 13, 2014
An amazing group of people to work with. Able to balance your home life with work because they understand what family means.
Pros
beautiful grounds to walk in the summer months.
Cons
long ride in the winter
Great place to learn about healthcare
RCA I (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 22, 2014
Marianjoy is an excellent place to learn the basics of acute healthcare.
Pros
acute care experience
Cons
call offs and job stability
Don't waste your time
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  WheatonMarch 30, 2013
I was wrongfully fired because I started asking questions so be carefull
hard worker
distribution clerk (Current Employee) –  Wheaton,ilAugust 20, 2013
Caring for the disabled has been an eye-opener of an experience.People are in desperate need of care.Some days can be rewarding just seeing the improvement the patients have made during their stay.
Pros
helping the needy
Cons
miscellaneous hours
Productive and Fun Work Place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 23, 2013
Marianjoy was a great eye opener for me. I would highly recommend people to go there for care, and I would recommend someone to work there if they were interested.
Amazing workplace
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJanuary 15, 2013
Great place to become the best client-centered practitioner possible.
Pros
great work environment, very supportive and rewarding
Fun place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 13, 2013
Benefit are great. Great Paid . Good ?Training, They care about there employee
Pros
great pay
Cons
need better training program
A rewarding career.
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 17, 2013
Beautiful facility with strong team approach.
Flexible work schedules available.
Beautiful workplace with friendly and knowledgable staff. Maintains excellence in quality of patient care.
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 23, 2013
I worked at Marianjoy as an RN student under the supervision and tutilage of an RN preceptor. As a student I was not employed, but did work two shifts per week. The nurses there are professional in their conversation and conduct. They are very knowledgable regarding disease processes, specific patient populations, needs of the patients and their families for rehabilitation and teaching. I learned a great deal about the rehabilitation process for patients with hip and knee replacement and those with brain injury. The interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, physical and occupational therapists and social workers worked in close conjunction with patient and family to bring about the best possible outcome for each patient. It was very rewarding to be part of this process.

A typical day involves first receiving report, meeting patients, giving report to CNAs and coordinating care for the shift, gathering medications. The nurses daily assist patients as needed with activities of daily living, pass medications, perform ordered dressing changes and other therapies, assess patient and family learning needs and address these, follow nursing care plan and amend as necessary, assess for problems and progress toward rehabilitation goals. Interactions with patients and their families, nursing staff and CNAs, physicians, physical and occupational therapists regarding patient needs, problems and progress occur on an ongoing basis.
Pros
facility has a well formulated philosophy that is followed. staff are knowledgable, friendly, and professional.
Cons
staffing can change based on patient population by nursing director as shift is beginning, at times creating some confusion and adjustment.