Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work - employee satisfaction 98% year after year
Supervisor, Medical Transcription (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 18, 2017
During my 5 years at Marianjoy, I was responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Medical Transcription Department, including scheduling, hiring, firing, corrective action, annual performance evaluations. I was also involved in many technology upgrades including implementation of speech recognition technology and electronic signature technology, partial dictation implementation for both clinic reports and psychology reports and implementation of new dictation system. Through team building and performance improvement initiatives, I was able to decrease costs by 50% over a period of about 2 years. I feel fortunate to have worked for such a great company who truly set the standard for how to treat employees and recognized that happy employees = happy patients.
Pros
Culture of caring
Cons
Merged with a large healthcare system in 2016
Good place to start out if your new as a CNA or RN
CNA (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 8, 2017
Typical work day
Remember you're working at a Rehab Hospital and patients are there to get better

Learned: It is a teaching hospital

Management: constantly changes

workplace culture: all depends what floor you're working on
time management adjustments
hardest part: Patients have to use the restroom and

Enjoyable: going home after a hard days work and coming back because you know you have a job.

GOOD LUCK!!
Pros
Overtime and great patients/coworkers
Cons
Can easily be replaced
Productive and welcoming
Speech Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 9, 2017
- Saw swallow videos
- learned how to treat clients with swallowing and speech conditions
- workplace culture is welcoming in pain and unable to help themselves.
- hardest part of the job is seeing clients
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILApril 29, 2017
I greatly enjoyed working there. Management was great at communication and valued their employees. Benefits were good and pay was conservative. I learned a lot there and only left to advance my career.
Pros
Great management and benefits
Cons
not much room for growth
Wonderful
Case Management Department - Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILApril 1, 2017
This is a wonderful facility that really performs miracles. It has a friendly environment and is a great place to work. It has a very friendly environment.
Good Job
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 23, 2017
positive work environment, good culture, team oriented, care about safety, promotes within, Open door policy, well known company, great benefits, good
Excellent place to work and grow as a therapist of any sort
Occupational Therapist OTR/L (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 17, 2016
Great team environment
Encourage growth and provides support to do so
Comparable pay and benefits
Awareness of work life balance
Management down to support staff all share mission, vision, and values of the company
Great managers
Administrative Tech (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILAugust 8, 2016
There is room for growth here and most managers will help you succeed. I absolutely LOVE my job and will hate to leave when I move out of state. The therapist and Dr's are great and very attentive.
Pros
Great managers, friendley staff, compotent Dr's, nurses and therapist
Cons
Insurance is not the best
Marionjoy
Food Service Worker I (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 22, 2016
Marionjoy was a beautiful place to work at everyone was very helpful good attitude team players the upper management went above and beyond to give me the tools to be successful at work
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
very short breaks
Very uneasy workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILDecember 26, 2015
It was uneasy because I had never seen anything like it. It put me out of my place. There were a lot of sad moments as well as happy moments. It was the most emotional place I had ever worked at.
Great workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJanuary 31, 2015
Management and coworkers extremely helpful. Training and work environment was encouraging and provided a very nurturing arena for both new and experienced nurses.
Pros
Was able to help rehabilitate many patients with successful outcomes
Cons
NOC shift can make it difficult to attend required meetings
Good company to work for
Transport Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 4, 2015
I enjoy meeting new people.It's very interesting meeting a melting pot of races and cultures which make you a better understanding of people. The hardest part of the job is to make sure each patients needs are met. The most rewarding part of the job is to see patients progress thru their journey.
Pros
Vacation time calculated by accumative hours/health benefits
Cons
Dealing with weather elements
Great environment to learn acute, stroke, brain injury, and neuromuscular patient care
RCA (Current Employee) –  Wheaton illinoisDecember 10, 2014
As a novice RCA working at MJ, I learn so much from the staff and the required learning modules and monthly classes. Emphasis is always on safety and patient satisfaction. Good health care insurance provided to all employees who are .6 and higher. Everyday I'm learning more and my confidence has driven me to excel in school in the healthcare field. Great place to work and grow!!!!
Pros
PT health insurance offered and monthly education courses
Cons
Shift can be cancelled based off of patient census
Great place to learn about healthcare
RCA I (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 22, 2014
Marianjoy is an excellent place to learn the basics of acute healthcare.
Pros
Acute care experience
Cons
Call offs and job stability
Managment of Therapeutic schedules and treatments.
Program Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 22, 2014
A typical work day includes managing patient schedules, assisting in physician inquiries about patients, triaging patient concerns and questions, and providing administrative support to senior leaders.
I learned to effectively manage tasks and a high level of pace in an office. Also I have to be very detail oriented and have a high level of accuracy when assisting patients.
Working as a team, including physicians, therapists, registered nurses and other administrative staff allowed me to understand and effectively support all disciplines when needed.
The hardest part of my job was to not always assume the same level of expectations that I have for myself. I always am striving for success and a high level of accuracy.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to work with all types of people whether it is patients, staff, vendors, or sales professionals. I enjoy being around people and the positive interaction between makes an enjoyable workplace.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Superior facility to learn and apply needed acute care
RCA I (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 25, 2014
MarianJoy is an excellent place to learn and apply the needed skills required in a acute care environment
Pros
Acquired training needed to excel in the healthcare arena.
Cons
Pay rate could be better and way too many call-offs makes it hard to make a living
Telecom Analyst, Information Services (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 13, 2014
An amazing group of people to work with. Able to balance your home life with work because they understand what family means.
Pros
Beautiful grounds to walk in the summer months.
Cons
Long ride in the winter
A Place to Call Home.....
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 3, 2014
I worked as an Agency Therapist for a little less than 4 months. I had the pleasure of getting to know the staff in all Departments. I usually critique a hospital or facility on it's "Stress Level" & on my Defibrillator scale, the stress level is pretty 'Flat Lined'. There were days where it was a "Run Forest Run" day, but overall, it was a steady pace and easy going. The staff were friendly, helpful & welcoming. The cafeteria has the BEST SOUP in Illinois. My advice to a potential candidate; 1.) Always bring your "A" game to the job. 2.) Don't engage in negative gossip or cliques 3.) Do not mistake your manager as your "Best Friend", they have a job to do, just like you, so don't get upset if your personal issues are not getting priority with your manager. 4.) Be accountable. Things happen, especially in our personal lives. Most times, this is not a surprise to you. 5.) Do your research; Benefits, Absentee Policy, Tardiness, Growth potential, etc. Things that could affect you, later down the line. 6.) If you have an issue with another staff member, manager, etc., the WORST thing you can do is discuss it with everyone. Marianjoy's staff, to me, was like family. And what happens when you talk negatively about a family member? It comes back to you and not in a good way. That being said, I truly enjoyed my time at Marianjoy.
Pros
The Soup, Friendly Staff, Overall Atmosphere
Cons
limited job hiring if Agency, Mngmt can be a little too 'stiff', staff seems to fear Job Loss if they verbalize an issue.
Very friendly work environment.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILApril 25, 2014
Working at Marianjoy was like working with friends but at the same time there was professionalism in abundance with very little feeling of impersonable attitudes from co-workers or management.
Pros
Intimate and personal .
Cons
None.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 23, 2013
Marianjoy was a great eye opener for me. I would highly recommend people to go there for care, and I would recommend someone to work there if they were interested.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3