Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital

Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Employer Reviews

Great environment to learn acute, stroke, brain injury, and neuromuscular patient care
RCA (Current Employee), Wheaton illinoisDecember 10, 2014
Pros: pt health insurance offered and monthly education courses
Cons: shift can be cancelled based off of patient census
As a novice RCA working at MJ, I learn so much from the staff and the required learning modules and monthly classes. Emphasis is always on safety and patient satisfaction. Good health care insurance provided to all employees who are .6 and higher. Everyday I'm learning more and my confidence has driven me to excel in school in the healthcare field. – more... Great place to work and grow!!!! – less
Great place to learn about healthcare
RCA I (Current Employee), Wheaton, ILOctober 22, 2014
Pros: acute care experience
Cons: call offs and job stability
Marianjoy is an excellent place to learn the basics of acute healthcare.
Managment of Therapeutic schedules and treatments.
Program Access Specialist (Former Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
A typical work day includes managing patient schedules, assisting in physician inquiries about patients, triaging patient concerns and questions, and providing administrative support to senior leaders.
I learned to effectively manage tasks and a high level of pace in an office. Also I have to be very detail oriented and have a high level of accuracy – more... when assisting patients.
Working as a team, including physicians, therapists, registered nurses and other administrative staff allowed me to understand and effectively support all disciplines when needed.
The hardest part of my job was to not always assume the same level of expectations that I have for myself. I always am striving for success and a high level of accuracy.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to work with all types of people whether it is patients, staff, vendors, or sales professionals. I enjoy being around people and the positive interaction between makes an enjoyable workplace. – less
Superior facility to learn and apply needed acute care
RCA I (Current Employee), Wheaton, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: acquired training needed to excel in the healthcare arena.
Cons: pay rate could be better and way too many call-offs makes it hard to make a living
MarianJoy is an excellent place to learn and apply the needed skills required in a acute care environment
Telecom Analyst, Information Services (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: beautiful grounds to walk in the summer months.
Cons: long ride in the winter
An amazing group of people to work with. Able to balance your home life with work because they understand what family means.
A Place to Call Home.....
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: the soup, friendly staff, overall atmosphere
Cons: limited job hiring if agency, mngmt can be a little too 'stiff', staff seems to fear job loss if they verbalize an issue.
I worked as an Agency Therapist for a little less than 4 months. I had the pleasure of getting to know the staff in all Departments. I usually critique a hospital or facility on it's "Stress Level" & on my Defibrillator scale, the stress level is pretty 'Flat Lined'. There were days where it was a "Run Forest Run" day, but overall, it was a steady pace – more... and easy going. The staff were friendly, helpful & welcoming. The cafeteria has the BEST SOUP in Illinois. My advice to a potential candidate; 1.) Always bring your "A" game to the job. 2.) Don't engage in negative gossip or cliques 3.) Do not mistake your manager as your "Best Friend", they have a job to do, just like you, so don't get upset if your personal issues are not getting priority with your manager. 4.) Be accountable. Things happen, especially in our personal lives. Most times, this is not a surprise to you. 5.) Do your research; Benefits, Absentee Policy, Tardiness, Growth potential, etc. Things that could affect you, later down the line. 6.) If you have an issue with another staff member, manager, etc., the WORST thing you can do is discuss it with everyone. Marianjoy's staff, to me, was like family. And what happens when you talk negatively about a family member? It comes back to you and not in a good way. That being said, I truly enjoyed my time at Marianjoy. – less
Very friendly work environment.
Transporter (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILApril 25, 2014
Pros: intimate and personal .
Cons: none.
Working at Marianjoy was like working with friends but at the same time there was professionalism in abundance with very little feeling of impersonable attitudes from co-workers or management.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Case Manager (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILOctober 23, 2013
Marianjoy was a great eye opener for me. I would highly recommend people to go there for care, and I would recommend someone to work there if they were interested.
hard worker
distribution clerk (Current Employee), Wheaton,ilAugust 20, 2013
Pros: helping the needy
Cons: miscellaneous hours
Caring for the disabled has been an eye-opener of an experience.People are in desperate need of care.Some days can be rewarding just seeing the improvement the patients have made during their stay.
Fun place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILMay 13, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: need better training program
Benefit are great. Great Paid . Good ?Training, They care about there employee
Don't waste your time
Scheduling (Former Employee), WheatonMarch 30, 2013
I was wrongfully fired because I started asking questions so be carefull
A rewarding career.
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Wheaton, ILMarch 17, 2013
Beautiful facility with strong team approach.
Flexible work schedules available.
Amazing workplace
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Wheaton, ILJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: great work environment, very supportive and rewarding
Great place to become the best client-centered practitioner possible.

Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Photos