Marianna Industries Employee Reviews

Exciting products
Controller (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 1, 2015
Marianna Industries, Inc is a great place to work, with great people and a diverse product line. No two days are the same!
Office spaces are small and semi-private
IBM AS400 Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 23, 2014
Co-workers are fun to work with as well as the middle management team. Flexible hours for some employees, for others not so much (job work life balance). The Country Store is a great perk. Good work day hours for office personnel. Free parking.
Has potential, needs experienced leadership
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 9, 2014
45 year old company, has good customer base and a tremendous amount of opportunity if lead by experienced management.
Excellent place to work, although the benefits and
Quality Control Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NebraskaMarch 18, 2014
Conduct analytical tests for the purpose of the timely release of batches and approval of raw materials with adherence to Good Laboratory Practices.
I learned the essentials of Good Laboratory Practices while I worked there, and had a great opportunity to learn how a chemical lab works outside of my education.
My coworkers were wonderful people to work with. The communication was fluid, and every person in the lab got along with each other for the most part.
The hardest part of the job was staying up to date with both Good Laboratory Practices, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
The most enjoyable part of the job was performing "wet chemistry" in the lab and make an earning doing so.
Pros
the management was marianna industries was outstanding.
Cons
my shift was an overnight shift, which is difficult for most people to adjust to.
Hard place to move up in
High Performance Work Team (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 2, 2013
We were a lot of times overworked and understaffed, they paid terribly and treated they're employees horribly. I Personally had been hurt there towards the end of my time working there and they didnt do anything about it. They also Make it very hard to move up in the company chain. Personally i was the most qualified to be promoted to line lead even my assistant supervisor said so but the company refused to because of my age.
Pros
free holiday lunches
Cons
terrible work place, bad pay and terrible health care
Fast Paced and Always Something New
Quality Control Chemist II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2012
I enjoyed my daily tasks while in this position, really there were only two downsides to it. The first being the extreme amount of overtime required upon us, working third shift if was difficult to have any sort of social life when my entire weekend was consumed with forced overtime. The second downside was that once I moved into the third shift position, any attempt at moving to a new position was turned down as they didn't want to find someone else for this position/hours. But otherwise, the job was challenging, fast paced, and always faced with a new problem to fix which was rewarding once a solution was devised.
Pros
fun people, decent benefits
Cons
overtime, no much opportunity for growth
Productive, fast pace work environment
Domestic Sundry Buyer & Sr. Chemical Buyer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2012
Marianna Industries is a ever growing and ever changing company. The culture has changed recently for the better, and the structure continues strengthen. Everyday is different, because we work in the manufacturing industry.

2.9