Marianna Industries Employee Reviews

management is terrible no raises because company is too broke.
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 22, 2017
always something different
fixed computers printers
installed software
people are nice and friendly
management is poor
equipment needs to be updated. Something was always broke. The heat in our department did not work all winter.
Drama filled work place and the bad out weighed the good in my opinion
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 11, 2017
They treat there employees like there nothing and everybody is replaceable but as long as you stay out there way and do what you need to do it can go smoothly just better hope nobody is spreading a rumor about you because they are quick to go off hearsay
Pros
They have a store every thursday they give u a walmart bag full of there product for just a dollar
Cons
Exspensive food for little quality
production
Chemical Compounder / transfer tech (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 10, 2017
I would come in clock in see my lead to get my batch sheets make sure i have everything i need for the batch make sure my tank has been clean ifso i would start my batch
Interesting Company trying to expand
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2017
The company suffers from employing a number of people from temp agencies with a high turnover on the off shifts. A more stable workforce would create better efficiencies and improve the bottom line.
Free Coffee
Quality Assurance Technician / Odor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2017
Overall a good company to work for, it was a growing company and was were always more programs and procedure to learn. There was a good safety program there.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
horrorable enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 6, 2017
Great people within the company trying to make it work but the culture from the upper management is atrocious. Turn and burn employees, do not recognize those that put in a true effort to make the company succeed. Poor planning is the biggest downfall, as it is all about getting numbers to the board.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
No future
Nice work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 3, 2016
Respectful workplace that I enjoyed. Everything I feel I couldn't do it was always somebody there to show me the way things work
Pros
Love to help
Cons
Lack of work
Good place to work.
Accounts Receivable/Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2016
They care about family and needing to take time off if needed. You can ask for help and they will work with you. You are on the phone a lot and I was able to enhance my communications skills with co-workers, management, and customers. The co-workers we knowledgeable for their positions and enjoyed their jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work easily with co-workers.
Production Company
Shift Lead Pre-Weigh Level II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68137June 3, 2016
Its a descent place to work. Theres still personnel issues and management egos that stand in the way of prospering in the production area.
Pros
Its an descent environment.
Cons
A lot of Managers stuck in the old ways of doing things.
sweat shop
mixer (Former Employee) –  omahaJuly 24, 2015
if you don't like working on slippery floors underneath open tanks of boiling hot water for 8 hrs do not apply here. supervisors take little interest in safety and will reprimand you for clocking in 1 min late.
Pros
Cons
safety

Want to know more about Marianna Industries?

Ask a question
Exciting products
Controller (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 1, 2015
Marianna Industries, Inc is a great place to work, with great people and a diverse product line. No two days are the same!
Office spaces are small and semi-private
IBM AS400 Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 23, 2014
Co-workers are fun to work with as well as the middle management team. Flexible hours for some employees, for others not so much (job work life balance). The Country Store is a great perk. Good work day hours for office personnel. Free parking.
Has potential, needs experienced leadership
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 9, 2014
45 year old company, has good customer base and a tremendous amount of opportunity if lead by experienced management.
Excellent place to work, although the benefits and
Quality Control Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NebraskaMarch 18, 2014
Conduct analytical tests for the purpose of the timely release of batches and approval of raw materials with adherence to Good Laboratory Practices.
I learned the essentials of Good Laboratory Practices while I worked there, and had a great opportunity to learn how a chemical lab works outside of my education.
My coworkers were wonderful people to work with. The communication was fluid, and every person in the lab got along with each other for the most part.
The hardest part of the job was staying up to date with both Good Laboratory Practices, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
The most enjoyable part of the job was performing "wet chemistry" in the lab and make an earning doing so.
Pros
The management was Marianna Industries was outstanding.
Cons
My shift was an overnight shift, which is difficult for most people to adjust to.
Hard place to move up in
High Performance Work Team (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 2, 2013
We were a lot of times overworked and understaffed, they paid terribly and treated they're employees horribly. I Personally had been hurt there towards the end of my time working there and they didnt do anything about it. They also Make it very hard to move up in the company chain. Personally i was the most qualified to be promoted to line lead even my assistant supervisor said so but the company refused to because of my age.
Pros
free holiday lunches
Cons
terrible work place, Bad pay and Terrible Health care
Fast Paced and Always Something New
Quality Control Chemist II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2012
I enjoyed my daily tasks while in this position, really there were only two downsides to it. The first being the extreme amount of overtime required upon us, working third shift if was difficult to have any sort of social life when my entire weekend was consumed with forced overtime. The second downside was that once I moved into the third shift position, any attempt at moving to a new position was turned down as they didn't want to find someone else for this position/hours. But otherwise, the job was challenging, fast paced, and always faced with a new problem to fix which was rewarding once a solution was devised.
Pros
fun people, decent benefits
Cons
overtime, no much opportunity for growth
Productive, fast pace work environment
Domestic Sundry Buyer & Sr. Chemical Buyer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2012
Marianna Industries is a ever growing and ever changing company. The culture has changed recently for the better, and the structure continues strengthen. Everyday is different, because we work in the manufacturing industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marianna Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9