Mariano's Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Its nice
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Its nice cause people are cool. short breaks suck tho. but overall cool place.good food. good enviorment. you work 5 hour shidts. 15 min breaks. I learned how to keep a positive attitude.
Pros
nice people
Cons
short breaks
An average day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Straight forward; you clock in, work, get a break, and then leave. The only problems that arise are when upper management gets over-barring or is not helpful during influx of customers. But overall a good experience.
Pros
10% discount
Normal grocery store environment.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 19, 2017
I take care of customers needs, making sure that they are satisfied and that they have a desire to visit again. There is nothing special about working here, and it is difficult to move up in the company. It is fun to work with the people around me, and I hope that I am able to encourage them and help them have a better day.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Short breaks, hour limit, bad pay.
Rude
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2017
Workers are rude , most times you have to work alone . Management never helps you until you get the union involved. There's a lot of clicjs inside of the work area . Every Little thing you do you'll get put on blast about it.
Pros
Holiday Pay
Cons
Short breaks
First Job
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILFebruary 18, 2017
This was my first job in 2014 and I was a bagger and would help out in various departments when needed. The best thing about this job was that it helped me become more comfortable speaking and conversing with people. This job helped me get used to customer service and conversing with customers.
Pros
The uniform was nice, helped me understand working with customers and other employees
Cons
At the end of my time there I had to leave because my hours were starting to interfere with school
Friendly environment and Staff
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Staff can be super nice and for the most part the costumers that come in have a great and friendly attitude. The hardest thing about the job is standing on your feet for too long and the occasional snotty customer but other than that I have not had any issues at my time working at marianos.
productive
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2017
working at the grocery store it was a great experience it was fun to listen to the people the management was good a very great urban culture and great experience.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Get up, Go To Work, Work My Eight Hours Then I Go Home. Nothing More Or Nothing Less I just Do What I Have To Do. I Am Not Here To Make Friends
Salad Bar Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Needs Better Leaders In The Company. Communication Is The Key To Working With Each other Especially With Management. Marianos Has To Do Better As A Whole.
Generals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2017
It was very active, I learned how to bag correctly & gather karts in an appropriate speed. Management was okay. The workplace culture was helpful to others in need. Hardest part was doing things in an efficient manner. Most enjoyable part was seeing other people happy for helping them.
Pros
Discount on anything in the store
Cons
Short breaks
Fun workplace
SWEEET SHOP ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2017
For the Sweet Shop you would have to make all different types of popcorn, caramel apples, fudge, chocolate, and chocolate strawberries. You get to interact with customers on a daily basis and make special orders. It is always fun interacting with the customers. The hardest part of the job would probably be cleaning. Overall its a great environment.
Productive employment with room to advance
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day at work as a cashier was providing quality service for our customers, going above and beyond to put them first. Closing shifts included cleaning duties and other tasks as assigned from shift leads. Management provided plenty of opportunities for workers of any age to advance in their positions.
Pros
Excellent employees
Cons
Union dues
small fining dining, big atmosphere.
Liquor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2017
because the owner was the chef, and this was his only eatery. You could tell the care and passion he had for his food and staff. Enjoy working here as a side gig! Looking to learn more about liquor and the industry. Have already learned so much from his sommelier.
Pros
free lunch! learned a lot about liquor from bar tenders and sommelier
Cons
no movement up in company so far.
Overnights were the best
REPLINISHMENT TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2017
As per work, the company is a good team to work with. However HR is not willing to help out anyone, to have hours looked at, audited, time sheets adjusted you have to make several meetings which pushes your time in.
Pros
I worked overnights
Cons
The morning-side did not effectively communicate to the night crew!
Quiet and stressful.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Harwood Heights, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Uninteresting and stressful. I did not learn much as I have had a previous baking job. Management only cared about numbers, profits, profits, profits. I worked at my own leisure, the job allowed me to work at my own pace.
Pros
Solidarity.
Cons
Salaried members of management.
My day at Mariano's.
Demonstration Person (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILJanuary 30, 2017
We are busy all day, everyday. Putting up displays , doing food and beverage demonstrations. I enjoy the customers, getting to talk with them. I have learned that you can not be in more than one place at a time. I said before that we are very busy. If I could clone myself I could get more work done.
Upbeat job with friendly staff
Cashier/Customer Service/Produce (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoyed working here as a teenager. It worked well with my school hours and the pay wasn't bad for one of my first jobs. I worked three departments and cashiering was probably my favorite.
Good work environment.
Vegan Chef de Cuisine/Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2017
I've known allot of people that have worked there for years and are content and happy with what they do.
Overall; great concept and corporate is nice and very family oriented. Everyone knows everyone.
Pros
owned by the largest grocery entity in the country.
Cons
zero location stability unless you remain unionized.
Every one stays to themselves
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2017
Just a job for teens college students,and older people who need extra income.Boring feels robotic. People who have grown up bills should not apply.It's every person for themselves.
Pros
weekly check
Cons
short breaks or none at all
Management is the worst
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Starting pay is good for a high school student. After that it's horrible, hard to get a raise or move up. Management is the worst, don't appreciate their employees and expect them to do tasks that are out of their job description.
Pros
Good start pay
Cons
Poor management, understaffed
OK place to work
Liquor Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 22, 2017
It is good place to work, especially for cusotmer service, and willing to work with students and their hours. However they do play favorites for certain employees.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no employee discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mariano's Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.