Mariano's

Mariano's Employer Reviews

Neat and clean workplace with very nice customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
Pros: the hot bar with all the good food
Cons: lockers were not big enough and belongings were being stolen
A typical workday was really nice and easy flowing. I learned how to deal with people from all over the world even getting a better understanding of certain languages! The hardest part of the job was cleaning the bathrooms.
A typical day at work
packing handler (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: we help each other
Cons: short break
I like to help the people when they ask me to help them. We enjoy working together and help each other. Stand up all day.We share the job. Working together.
Cashier/Training associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2015
I've been with Mariano's for five months, I really enjoy working for this company. Mariano's have a very friendly environment. Mr. Mariano really take good care of his employees for i have never received a birthday card from any previous employers.
Team work and friendly atmosphere
General Team Member (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good work environment, friendly atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, lack of benefits
A normal day at Mariano's is mostly constant. A good thing about this type of work is that it teaches you most basic workplace skills. I do recommended this as a nice place to start off to sharpen your workplace skills.
Productive and Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: certificates and lunch discounts, union
Cons: short breaks, short pay
Everyone was friendly. I got to meet the local news celebrities. Lunch was very good. I usually got lunch there because we offered very delicious food. I enjoyed interacting with the customers. I got tested by a manager who was doing Mystery shopping. When his shift started he approached me and complimented me on my professionalism and politeness. I also got great customer reviews to my managers. The hardest part about the job was leaving.
On a typical day at Mariano's
Line Cook/ Cross Training Level 2 (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: i learned new things everyday.
Cons: i never got a break.
At Mariano's our good days was still hard work no shorts cuts and that's what I love about it. Everyday I learn something new , my co worker wasn't so bad. I had workers who was lazy and some who work just as hard as I. It wasn't never a dull day because I made sure I made the best out of it. The best part of Mariano's was seeing my customers happy because the hard work I put in each meal I made.
Overall
Talent Acquisition (Former Employee), Harwood Heights, ILFebruary 3, 2015
I gained management experience from this company and learned from some of the best managers. I loved working with my co-workers, they made going to work fun and enjoyable everyday. The hardest part of the job was the politics that is involved in this company. Overall it is a good company to work for to gain experience.
So Much Fun!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
I worked during the Halloween season and helping people choose their costumes.
Excellent Place to work
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Frankfort, ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great managers
Cons: short breaks
Very busy fast paced and great people to work for!
Always had fun working here never had a dull moment at all!
things aren't always what they seem to be sometimes
front end cashier (Current Employee), ChicagoOctober 15, 2014
Pros: paid every week and meeting new people everyday
Cons: short break, no respect, no one listens
day started out going to a CSR to find out which spot they wanted to have me for the day. As a front end cashier, you never know which spot, because sometimes the CSR in charge would play favorites and put you on the busiest spot, otherwise, you are sent to "hot foods", or sent to clean the floors. The managing CSRM was for the most part, clueless, they mostly paid attention to the monies coming in and if there was a mistake at the register. Many times it would be boring, especially if you started before 9 am. (not many shoppers at that time). A few CSRs would walk the floor, like they owned the store, but would make sure that you would do as they say, even if they sat around talking to other employees on break... some even eat all day, with no problems. It's just hard to respect people that are your superior and they don't know as much as you do. If you complain to the "right people" it just goes in one ear and out the other. Not the best place to work if you're looking to "get ahead"
Very busy environment
Salad Bar Clerk (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free food occasionally, once a month reward for safety
Cons: short breaks, very cold working conditions in back room
There's always something to do and it's impossible to slack off. I learned to efficiently cut vegetables and fruit and work very quickly. Co-workers have complained extensively about the way the company is run, but I haven't experienced anything negative first-hand. (yet) Very strict management with little room for personal issues and life crises. Co-workers are fine. The hardest part is the variable hours. I've worked anywhere from 5am to 10pm and it's hard to have a regular schedule. It's enjoyable because it's busy and time goes by quickly.
Massive company/grocery store involved with the Union
Bulk Foods Manager (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: the other employees you work with
Cons: not a lot of hours. no discount on food. not enough staff
This is a large grocery store with a lot of part-time employees. They are involved with the Union. So if you don't want a chunk of your part-time paycheck taken each week, I'd go searching somewhere else.
I Honestly think it was a good job i got paid good what i didn't like is that i was not appreciated for the things i did
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILSeptember 18, 2014
I learned alot at that company like how to multitask because management would put me to do my job and then sometimes would make me do something totally different but i learned how to become in charge to be a leader.The management was alright i did not like it when they would not appreciate the hard work that i would do and the new rules that they had put which made my job alot harder then it already was.My co workers were ok some were very hard working and some you just had to keep watching them and motivating them to finish there job and go faster.The hardest part was when i had a short shift and management would put me into grocery when i was the dairy clerk to help out when i would have lot of dairy work to do and i had to then finish my work and grocery and i would be so tired at the end trying to keep up so i leave on time. The most enjoyable part of my job was honestly helping the customers find exactly what they were looking for.
bakery
Cashier (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 11, 2014
working at the bakery was an ok experience, the bad parts were that they gave me bad hours and they never gave me a raise so i left after 5 years
Seasonal Job
Hot Foods Team Member Level (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILSeptember 4, 2014
It was great playing with the kids and taking pictures of familys with santa, but most everyone in seasonal was laid off after December.
Fun place to work
sweet shop associate (Current Employee), Chicago, IlAugust 3, 2014
I love working here, the people are fun and makes the days pleasurable. I love making new flavors of popcorn and candy.
Mariano's was an amazing fast growing company to work for.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2014
Working for Mariano's was very interesting. I learned a great deal about different kinds of foods and gelatin ice cream. I enjoyed seeing a company grow so fast and customer's enjoy their perience simply from purchasing soup or a cookie from the bakery. The store was very pleasant and professional. Mariano's is a company who strives for greatness in their employees as well as the products being served. I was blessed to be apart of their team.
fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2014
I really enjoyed meeting new people and my co workers were wonderful
Nice work place, with great co-workers
Help, and assist customers in the store (Current Employee), 3350 N. Western Ave. Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: making new friends
Cons: no benefits, no set schedule
A typical work day keep shelves full of product stock them if needed. Keep the store and back room clean. Help Customers with any questions they have and greet them when you see them. Management goes through changes quite often and have to adjust to the person style of managing from aggressive, to laid back, to ones learning on the fly. Hardest part of the job when have to work the frozen department. Most enjoyable part is helping a coustomer.
Hard to advance
Logistics Associate - Replenishment (Former Employee), 40 N Monore St. Chicago ILJuly 14, 2014
Pros: laid back job
Cons: hours were terrible
It is a very difficult company to advance with. Also, working overnights gave me very little room for any work - life balance

1 2 3