Maricopa County, AZ Employee Reviews

It was a very interesting life learning time spent at the jails
LPN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
I worked for a nursing agency so was sent there on assignment.
I spent most of my days giving the inmates medication's. Most of the management were very helpful

I was losing my hearing a one nurse was very rude the days passing I did enjoy working there The hardest part was to stairs. I did enjoy the inmates.
Pros
Meet interesting people
Cons
Never long enough breaks, large case loads
Productive workplace with many opportunities for growth
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2017
A definite career option for anyone looking for job security either in the legal or clerical field. The policies and procedures clearly outlined and properly enforced, coupled with constant evaluation of personnel from the entry level to highest Judicial Officer and Administrator, create a positive and productive workpace environment.
Pros
Job stability, many opportunities for growth and advancement, excellent benefits
Good people
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2017
Stress free, having the time to accomplish projects. Working with others and the public gives a county employee a different outlook on what the public thinks. The learning curve is very slow paced and only a person with high hopes can make a change in different work style. Having the ability to perform and being a success depends on each individual, is a key role in what the County expects I think from there employees.
Pros
Great work hours.
Cons
The money
Culture is in need of a complete revamping from the top down.
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Library dictrict, azJuly 5, 2017
This is a review of the library district.
Culture reminds me of junior high. Clicks of workers that are completely preoccupied with what everyone else is doing. Very unprofessional especially from the administration and Human Resources dept.
They hire externally for positions that qualified employees within the organization are striving for. This breeds constant resentment on the part of lower level employees. Management is spineless when it comes to problem employees and instead iof dealing with them they are left to wreak havoc on hard working employees or moved. As a result existing good managers that try to deal with them are ostracized and not supported and eventually stop trying.
Pros
Pay day
Cons
Admin
Arizona (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 26, 2017
Productive, have a great time working here. Love working with animlas, wish there were more raises and an understanding from the public and the hard work and scrutiny we face trying to help animals on a budget
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enoughs raises
Run by Feds
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2017
Even though there is a new Sheriff the Feds control every thing that happens and have implemented ridiculous policies without concern for officer safety. There only concerned with being politically correct and not offending anyone. There goal is to continually punish the organization as hole for the actions of the previous sheriff and a few others . All communication with command staff is threatening and negative. Never any positive reinforcement. Moral is always low and it is difficult coming to such a depressing place to work each day.
Pros
Health care benefits
Cons
Constantly being threatened
good crew members
flood control (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2017
fun yet hard work environment. working outside replacing pvc pipes for sprinklers. clean up restricted areas throughout Maricopa county. clean sewage n drainage issues after floods.
Relaxed and fun place to work
School Secretary (Former Employee) –  phoenix, azMay 5, 2017
Place is relaxed with busy days like any other job. Great atmosphere and fun people to work with. Always a fun day with events, new students etc. i would recommend.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Detention Officer
Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2017
Processing inmates; maintaining jail security; serving meals; transporting inmates.
Receives and processes inmates into custody of institution; searches prisoners; takes charge of personal property.
Provides inmates opportunity to call attorney or relative; advises inmates on institutional rules and regulations.
Supervises inmates during meals, personal hygiene and related activities for conformance to institutional rules, regulations and procedures.
Escorts and safeguards inmates to cell; checks on inmates' physical condition.
Receives, counts, records and washes all laundry in the jail
Decent Benefits
CASA Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maricopa CountyJanuary 21, 2017
I worked in the CASA program and while it is a worthy program, the pay was incredibly low. Unfortunately this causes a huge turnover with coordinators. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the advocates. The benefits were good as well.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
very low pay with no raises
this is a stable career
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2016
this is a very structured job it can teach a young person very much about the work life balance and they are not to strict when it comes time to ask for time off. i would recommend this job for someone in there early 20's. T he compensation and benefits are great as well
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
working with inmates
Maricopa County Library District
Lirary (Current Employee) –  VariousOctober 16, 2016
Overly micromanaged, poorly compensated, poor benefits, no policy manual is available - but expect to be held to whatever standards the Branch Manager can dream up. Training is cursory, visual based, and rushed.

Supervisors have no training and are hired from outside the organization, leading to chaotic and conflicting expectations.

Coworkers are insular, clannish, and withhold information.

Promotions are based on personality and not demonstrable ability.
Pros
Pay day
Cons
Everything else.
I work primarily alone
Defense Investigator / Accident Reconstructionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2016
Although I am the only employee that has the technical training and experience to do what I do, I feel like I'm making a difference. It took some time for the office to open up to me, as I'm mathematic and physics based that works to provide scientific facts to consult and aide a group of attorneys.
great program thats been around for years
Head Start Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 27, 2016
played with kids, created lesson plans , went on nature walks. Prepared the kids for kindergarten.This company has been in existence for years. They have health fairs to help the needy with immunizations, book fairs, dental fairs,They really do a lot for our community.
Pros
great benefits, meet lots offamilies
Cons
long hours, not so honest manager