Maricopa County Community College District Employee Reviews

cafeteria
Faculty - Automotive Technology (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2017
The food in the cafeteria is the best. Lunch is my favorite time of day. My favorite meal is the spaghetti and meat balls with marinara sauce and garlic bread.
management very narrow in scope of knowledge
Property Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 13, 2017
There was no opportunity to advance. The manager had a very limited education and very narrow scope of knowledge. Management was focused on minutiae rather than promoting success of position and employee.
Pros
Familiar
Cons
low pay, bad management
fun workplace
Public Safety Officer Aid (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 9, 2017
Maricopa County Community Colleges is a good place to work at. they are extremely flexible in your hours, and you are able to learn a lot of police work if you are interested in that field.
good place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2017
As an adjunct, this is a good place to work. It has good pay. However, if you are looking for full time, it is very difficult to get hired on. I like the fact that I can write and teach my own course.
Pros
good pay
Cons
difficult to become full time.
I worked at Phoenix college for 6 years as a utility assistant
Utility assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix collegeMarch 13, 2017
Great place to work once you get to know everyone they treat you like family. To them as a utility assistant you don't mean that much to management even though you go above and beyond you're job duties.
Pros
Good people, great hours
Cons
Hard to get your raises
Not great pay as an adjunct, but a great place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2017
I've been an adjunct at Glendale Community College, Gateway CC, and Phoenix College for 15+ years. It's a good community college system and a great place to work, but if you're thinking of making the transition from adjunct faculty to residential faculty (i.e., full-time faculty) there are thousands of applicants for every new faculty opening. Some adjuncts do become residential, of course, but a large proportion will not.
good and enjoyable place to work
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 11, 2016
Lectures twice a week, skills at teaching and subject matter has increased. Co-workers are pleasant to work with as is my supervisor. The health benefits are lacking as the position only required me to there twice a week.
Politics will drive you crazy
Web Technician (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 10, 2016
Like any other public employer, all decisions are made by committee, managers are left to build management skills on the job or by taking classes so they normally exhibit lack of empathy. Because no promotion is available, personal power is the goal for many causing politics that will drive you crazy. HR is not worker-centered.

Most people stay because of the pension system but moral is quite low and environment is toxic.
productive and fast pace
Associate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaApril 8, 2015
I prefer to decline on providing a review of this employer, even though the rating is low. The opportunity to work with training and developing others in a vocational training was rewarding, however, my review of the employer is partial.
Pros
Provide Continuous education for employees tuition waiver
Cons
lack of administrative support for faculty
Loved the Commander, very positive and inviting
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  tempe,arizonaJanuary 7, 2015
A very easy work environment, comfortable work environment.