Maricopa Integrated Health System

Maricopa Integrated Health System Employee Reviews

Incredible coworkers, mission driven
Director (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
The staff at MIHS exhibits remarkable kindness and compassion for their patients. They strive for the highest quality and are patient advocates.
FUN PLACE
Staffing Clerk (Former Employee), phoenix,azMay 14, 2015
this is a nice place to work it almost like a family in the office I work in we all got along and work as a team to staff the hospital
MIHS
Radiologic Technologist Externship II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2015
MIHS is known as a "safe-haven" hospital for the community. A typical day included responding to traumas (at all levels), responding to codes that occurred in the ER, ICU or various inpatient floors. The team of technologist, nurses, doctors and all levels of staff worked well as a team and aspired each day to instill trust, comfort and safety to the patients and their families. MIHS taught me to be flexible and to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
Great place to work, learn and grow professionally
CRNA (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to learn and grow professionlally.
Cons: Night and weekend calls
This place is great for highly motivated and ambitious professionals. Variety of surgical procedures like Trauma, Ortho, Ob/Gyn, Peds, Thoracic, Neuro and more. Great place for both, either to start as a new graduate and learn, or apply you experience and knowledge in providing patient care. Excellent patient care.
very productive
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2015
a great place to work, fun place to worke, job security, it pays well, I look foward to being here for a while., it is a teaching hospital we get people from all over the world
Non-stop busy busy
Material Handling Specialist (Current Employee), 2611 e pierce stMarch 13, 2015
great hospital going in a different direction with a new inventory managment system that is in my opinion non-efficient.
Productive and fun workplace.
Appointment Scheduler _Medical Imaging (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: work hours-days
Cons: no benefits
Co-workers are wonderful and very helpful, typical day at work is fast pace. What I've learned at MIHS, additional patient care, customer service, assist MRI Tech as Mri Tech Aid.
Friendly
Manager Clinical Engineering (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 25, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: lacking a revenue cycle
MIHS has a friendly environment that makes working there a pleasure.
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
A typical day at work would be talking to patients if they would like to participate in studies.
I learn to treat everyone the same level of respect.
The most enjoyable part of that position was having different task and challenges as well as making the patient feel comfortable during their visit.
I was with them quite a while, no raises for anyone, but still liked it
Caregiver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2014
Pros: excellent health care, all areas
Cons: it was just time to try something differant
I was caregiver for my 67 year old sister, whom weve been close all our lifes, even though shes older then me. We also lived together, and it got tirering after 4 years, she expected me around the clock, when I was only paid for 5 hrs M-F, we started getting tired of the arraignment, and I moved out , and she got her original caregiver back
good
rep (Current Employee), 24 street rooseveltOctober 10, 2014
i love this place its fun and i look foreword to come to work here everyday.
Fast-Paced High Risk Teaching Facility
RN- Labor and Delivery (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2014
There is so much to be learned at Maricopa Medical Center. You never know whats coming through the doors with such a diverse and vulnerable patient population. There is always something to be learned and to teach at this teaching facility. I absolutely love working with mothers, families, and newborns, and would like to continue my journey as an OB nurse in North Carolina as my fiance had recently moved there.
Excellent Organization
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzAugust 19, 2014
Pros: professional
Cons: huge parking lot
Everyone from the environmental services department to management are extremely professional.
Family oriented
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2014
Pros: co-workers team work
Lots of experience under my belt. Got along with all my co-workers and wonderful experience working with Doctors who were willing to teach and be patient.
Neutral
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers and teamwork to save lives
Cons: management
After almost 5 years of working at Maricopa, I learned that I was not valued and only a number. Maricopa lost over 40 ER workers in one year. It was a great place to work when I started and the culture and people that work there love their jobs and the patients they care for
productive workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 24, 2014
Pros: lunch break
A typical day at my internship would begin a 8 am. I was greeted by my supervisor and then began by printing out prescriptions that were submitted during the night. Once those prescription were printed I would start filling them. While my coworker would greet the customers and input new prescriptions, any waiting customers and stat orders would be put first. When there were not any customers waiting I would put away the daily inventory. The rest of the time I would greet customers, checkout customers and communicate with my co-workers about any information needed. I could also ask my supervisor any questions that I had about the work. I enjoyed working there because every one was nice and welcoming. It was continuous work and interacting with a variety of people .
Productive day with keeping up with specimen processing.
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2014
Pros: no specimens left to be log in.
Cons: alot of hustling around to catch.
Specimen processing during 8hrs shift, preparing send out specimens to varies facilities, dispatching AM lab orders for day shift phlebs,
Good place to work.
Medical Office Receptionist- Scheduler (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2014
Can not live of the pay they give you. Management cares more about themselves, than their employees.
Stay away from this place!
Management (Former Employee), MIHSApril 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: county mentality
Terrible place to work! This place states "we are not county anymore" - trying to shake their county image... but when it comes down to it, it is STILL county! The staff are rude and I cannot believe a place can function like this! Staff are more interested in reading the paper and goofing off, rather than helping the patients. I feel bad for the patients. When the patient complains, the patient gets escorted off the premises by security.

This place will never change their image until they get rid of 3/4 of their staff.
Good and supportive team
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2014
Good and supportive team. Management is flexible and helpful. A typical day at work is very busy.
Headquarters