Maricopa Integrated Health System

Maricopa Integrated Health System Employer Reviews

Friendly
Manager Clinical Engineering (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 25, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: lacking a revenue cycle
MIHS has a friendly environment that makes working there a pleasure.
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
A typical day at work would be talking to patients if they would like to participate in studies.
I learn to treat everyone the same level of respect.
The most enjoyable part of that position was having different task and challenges as well as making the patient feel comfortable during their visit.
I was with them quite a while, no raises for anyone, but still liked it
Caregiver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2014
Pros: excellent health care, all areas
Cons: it was just time to try something differant
I was caregiver for my 67 year old sister, whom weve been close all our lifes, even though shes older then me. We also lived together, and it got tirering after 4 years, she expected me around the clock, when I was only paid for 5 hrs M-F, we started getting tired of the arraignment, and I moved out , and she got her original caregiver back
good
rep (Current Employee), 24 street rooseveltOctober 10, 2014
i love this place its fun and i look foreword to come to work here everyday.
Fast-Paced High Risk Teaching Facility
RN- Labor and Delivery (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2014
There is so much to be learned at Maricopa Medical Center. You never know whats coming through the doors with such a diverse and vulnerable patient population. There is always something to be learned and to teach at this teaching facility. I absolutely love working with mothers, families, and newborns, and would like to continue my journey as an OB nurse in North Carolina as my fiance had recently moved there.
Excellent Organization
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzAugust 19, 2014
Pros: professional
Cons: huge parking lot
Everyone from the environmental services department to management are extremely professional.
Family oriented
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2014
Pros: co-workers team work
Lots of experience under my belt. Got along with all my co-workers and wonderful experience working with Doctors who were willing to teach and be patient.
Neutral
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers and teamwork to save lives
Cons: management
After almost 5 years of working at Maricopa, I learned that I was not valued and only a number. Maricopa lost over 40 ER workers in one year. It was a great place to work when I started and the culture and people that work there love their jobs and the patients they care for
productive workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 24, 2014
Pros: lunch break
A typical day at my internship would begin a 8 am. I was greeted by my supervisor and then began by printing out prescriptions that were submitted during the night. Once those prescription were printed I would start filling them. While my coworker would greet the customers and input new prescriptions, any waiting customers and stat orders would be put first. When there were not any customers waiting I would put away the daily inventory. The rest of the time I would greet customers, checkout customers and communicate with my co-workers about any information needed. I could also ask my supervisor any questions that I had about the work. I enjoyed working there because every one was nice and welcoming. It was continuous work and interacting with a variety of people .
Productive day with keeping up with specimen processing.
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2014
Pros: no specimens left to be log in.
Cons: alot of hustling around to catch.
Specimen processing during 8hrs shift, preparing send out specimens to varies facilities, dispatching AM lab orders for day shift phlebs,
Good place to work.
Medical Office Receptionist- Scheduler (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2014
Can not live of the pay they give you. Management cares more about themselves, than their employees.
Stay away from this place!
Management (Former Employee), MIHSApril 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: county mentality
Terrible place to work! This place states "we are not county anymore" - trying to shake their county image... but when it comes down to it, it is STILL county! The staff are rude and I cannot believe a place can function like this! Staff are more interested in reading the paper and goofing off, rather than helping the patients. I feel bad for the patients. When the patient complains, the patient gets escorted off the premises by security.

This place will never change their image until they get rid of 3/4 of their staff.
Good and supportive team
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2014
Good and supportive team. Management is flexible and helpful. A typical day at work is very busy.
Great place for medical advancement and knowledge
Registered Nurse Ambulatory Care (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: best place to advance to higher education
Cons: sick day comes out of vacation time instead of sick time
Daily performance consist of patient triage,medication administration,educator,patient family advocacy,patient care with initiating and promoting return visits. A great learning experience in
the diversities of coordinated cares as it relates to and effects outcome. You are encouraged to perform independently on a daily basis and utilize your nursing skills in the work place to reflect a positive image of the facility which you are a part of. Team player is highly favorable and embraced. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do more for so many needy. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had given the best of my service.
I recommend working at MIHS
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: family like atmosphere
Cons: only that to keep up with a changing industry, new computer systems were introduced often.
I worked at MIHS for 8 years in the business office. I was always treated with respect. The management team was exceptionally professional and my co-workers were always willing to help when asked. The pay increases were yearly and my personal compensation increased several dollars an hour in my years of employment. I would recommend MIHS as a good place to work.
only ok
Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2013
Pros: pension and reduced bus pass
Cons: not really a spirit of cooperation
There was not much interaction between management and workers. Office amenities were poor. Patient care and office workers located too close to each other. Good work life balance
Good Company
Medical Records / Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2013
MIHS is a good place to work. A learning experience for sure. Diversed place to work.
Very Productive.
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2013
Everybody was teriffic to work wit and I got along with everyone very well.
I agree a horrible work place
RCP (Former Employee), Phoenix AZDecember 23, 2013
Pros: trauma
Cons: everything else
Great for experience but it will be short lived. If you are not staff, you will be expired sooner or later. Its a big numbers game with them.
running a restaurant can be both a great job as it can also drain a person of their sanity
Grill cook (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2013
Pros: servicing my guest
Cons: one of the owners died and the restaurent closed
opening up a new fish n chip place in the valley has been a wonderful experience as I order produce fish and dry goods from venders. Instructing employees can be hard when they just don't seem to understand what is required of them.

About Maricopa Integrated Health System

If you are passionate about caring for people, there's no place like Maricopa Integrated Health System. The MIHS difference goes – Read more

Maricopa Integrated Health System Photos