Maricopa Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

N/a
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZApril 4, 2016
Maricopa Unified School District 20 is a good place to work, especially if you live in the area. The teachers are great, however, turnover rate is high due to the fact that most workers are not local, so they get tired of commuting. Overall, cool place to work for.
Creative opportunities
Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJanuary 18, 2016
The comradery of staff makes going to work everyday feel like coming home. Although teaching makes for a busy life, at the end of the day it is reassuring when your dedication to student success is noticed.
Pros
Opportunities to improve craft and student experiences
Cons
Work-life balance is hard to achieve
It's a Job
Behavioral Coach/BHT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2016
The MUSD is a good place to work. As long as you understand what and why you are doing it. The leadership has a path in which they would like to take the district and have a good way of relaying that vision to its staff.
Good
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZFebruary 15, 2016
This district was good to work with. A little bumpy in the beginning, but it got easier and easier.
The people and environment were inviting and there was support if you needed it.
I would recommend this district.
difficult school district
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZFebruary 22, 2015
An up & coming school district that has grown like a puppy...it's legs shot out very quickly, but the body is having a hard time catching up. Schools were built very quickly during the housing boom years ago, but since the economy dropped so has the quality of education. Administrators are from the "old school" and it's definitely a good ol' boys club. People are promoted based on who you know, not what you've done or can do. It's a school district that accepts the dregs, the bottom of the educational barrel that cannot get jobs at larger school districts who have higher standards. This is not the case for a majority of classroom teachers, but mainly for administrators.
Supportive Program for Native American students at MUSD
NAPAC Chair (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMay 14, 2015
A good way to stay in touch with children's school. A great opportunity for Native American students. I enjoyed it very much. My children benefitted from this program. Thank you.
Loved working here!
Aide (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJanuary 19, 2015
This clinic is a great place to work. I had the best team of people in my department, we all worked hard to get the job done everyday.
The company as a whole encouraged employes to grow and learn within the company.
Would definitely work for this clinic again.
The people I worked with were awesome easy to get along with
Custodian, Manager, minor maintenance (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZAugust 16, 2012
My review was outstanding. I made sure that the teachers and Principle and staff understand that safety was a must. I Supervised I trained assign work to and evaluated custodians, I done minor maintenance. I was responsible for ordering the supplies and equipment. My evaluation was Outstanding. Cleaning bathrooms cafeteria for Breakfast and Lunches. Opening gates, Closing gates, putting the flag out, bring flag in. fixing things moving things, I learned how to patch holes in walls, check the ballast of light fixtures, fix tile change lights. The hardest part of the job, well I didn't have one. I enjoyed Everything about the job.
Pros
health and eye benefits, retirement plan
Cons
pay freeze for 4 years
Enjoy the association and caring for youth.
school nurse (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, MaricopaMarch 5, 2012
Work as a school nurse, assessing the health and care of 30-75 students per day. Job entails administering medications, first aid, and sometimes emergency treatments, counseling and instructing in general health practices of 11 - 13 year old students attending Desert Wind Middle Schooll.
Pros
have off on holidays and weekends
Cons
work monday - friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
Productive and fullfilling experience
Copa Kids Care Assistant Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZApril 3, 2012
Working for the After School Care was a fun and rewarding experience. Working with different age groups. K-5th. Great customer service and communication skills with employers and parents you had to work with on a daily basis.
Pros
great pay for part time.
Cons
no benefits, paid vacation and sick leave
Speech-Language Therapist (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMarch 12, 2013
MUSD is a student-oriented school district with great team players and a supportive staff!
Pros
fantastic team of slps