Marietta College Employee Reviews

Productive and Happy enviornment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHNovember 15, 2016
Working here is easy. Everyone is always so kind to you. When being assigned jobs they are sure to ask if you have any questions and if so they are sure to answer them for you.
Very relaxed work environment
ASSITANT WEB DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 14, 2016
My co-workers and manager are some of the best people I've ever worked with. Very relaxed and light hearted. I don't even feel like I'm at work when I'm here.
Commercial Dish Washer
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJune 16, 2016
My typical day consisted of collecting used dishes, pre-washing and loading into commercial dishwasher/sanitizer and then putting dishes in assigned locations for reuse.
High Energy & Fast Paced
Admissions Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 16, 2016
Overall working here has been a great experience. I enjoy the high energy and fast pace. I wish I had more room to be innovative. I am a student worker so I give tours to prospective students. I love interacting with them and explaining everything our college has to offer. I think its a privilege to be able to help someone with their college search process.
Pros
liberal arts, well-rounded, multifaceted
Cons
short breaks, small
Fun work environment
Phone Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 8, 2016
For only being a student working, Marietta has a way of making their student employees feel that they are part of the bigger team.
Great environment, who doesn't love college football?
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJanuary 9, 2016
a typical workday included spending countless hours game planning. I love the fact that as a football coach not only am i front row seats to the greatest game in america, but I play a huge role in the lives of young men.
Wonderful Experience at my Alma Mater
Assistant Director of Advancement (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHDecember 15, 2015
Working for Marietta College was a dream come true as it is my Alma Mater and in my hometown. The college was in the middle of a fund raising campaign during my time in the Development department. Meeting, and consequently interacting with, fellow alumni was inspiring and productive.
Very important job to the college, but relaxed atmosphere
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHNovember 28, 2015
This job is very important to the college we enter prospects of the college and their scores. I work roughly 8 hours per week as this is a work study job.
Pros
Great co-workers and atmosphere
Cons
Only able to work 8 hours a week
A beautiful college in Southeast Ohio
Adjunct Professor of Saxophone (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 4, 2015
I have nothing but positive things to say about Marietta College. Beautiful campus, wonderful faculty, and punctual staff!
Review Summary
Geology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Marietta OhioMarch 23, 2015
Tutored Freshmen Level Geology around 6 hours per week for any student that needed help in the classes. Most sessions were about 30 minutes long.
Productive and Fun
Rock Wall Staff (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 25, 2015
The rock wall is a place to relax and get a good workout. An energetic and fun atmosphere make this job very exhilarating.
Marietta College, 4-year private school.
CIRCULATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 14, 2015
Pricey but offered a lot. Close experience with professors, which provided opportunity for psychology conferences. Lots of extracurriculars. Proud to be an alum.
good place to study
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJanuary 25, 2015
small town and small college.
peaceful and potential. the best major is Petroleum Engineering.
there are 10%-15% international students so that diversity is very common.
Great place
Home Game Staff (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 13, 2014
Marietta College is a great place to go to school and to work.
One of the top Petroleum Engineering schools in the country
Senior Petroleum Engineering Student (Current Employee) –  Marietta,OHOctober 10, 2014
Marietta has been a great place to study and gain knowledge of the oil and gas industry.
Interesting and enjoyable place to work
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 29, 2014
The Writing Center was designed to help students with writing assignments, without doing the work for the students. Proofreading, editing, and copying were not allowed as part of the job; instead, tutors worked to identify problem areas with the students, and give them guidelines on how to improve in those areas.

Each student had 30 minutes to an hour with a tutor, whom they requested on the Writing Center website. Subjects ranged from Chemistry to ESL, but focused on writing. A typical day would include a one-three hours shift, with anywhere between one and six clients per tutor. Depending on the student's needs, the tutor helped the student with their organization, thesis statement, assignment interpretation, brainstorming, grammar, syntax, notation, documentation, or format, or another uncategorized area. The tutor and student would work together to cover the focus areas within the allotted time, and if needed, would schedule another session for a different time.

Management was placed in the hands of the Director of the Writing Center, who was in charge of recruiting tutors, training tutors, maintaining and upgrading the Writing Center website, and ensuring the tutors had the time of shifts they needed. Two women held the position while I was there, and both were excellent.

My co-workers ranged between freshman and senior tutors, and were all friendly and dedicated to their work.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with no-shows; sometimes students would sign up for a session, but never show up for it, and any time or preparation for that student was wasted.
  more...

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was assisting the ESL students. It was interesting and intriguing to see where common problems arose for Chinese, Middle Eastern, or other foreign students.
Pros
Good co-workers, steady client base, approachable management, flexible hours
Cons
Small workspace, not enough hours
Highly productive workplace
ASL Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHDecember 12, 2013
As an interpreter at this prestigious institution I was not only a welcomed member of the educational team, but a valued one as well.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
I had no opportunity for advancment due to the rural location and lack of diversity
Very understanding to students needs.
Film Crew (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 21, 2012
Very flexible with work schedule, and allowing students to work over the summer and allowing them to return to their job from a previous semester.
Pros
flexible
Productive and fun with great staff.
College basketball manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 18, 2012
I would get up and goto school, then after my classes go talk to one of my coaches and ask if he needed help with anything. If he said yes I would do whatever he needed. Then I would help get practice setup and clean-up when its done. If it was game i would do the same thing and do laundry after. I learned patience and the importance of listening and being on time to everything. Hardest part was balancing school and work with long work days. Most enjoyable part was being around the team and the coaching staff.
Pros
free dinner, i got to be around the team.
Cons
long days on game days.
Great liberal arts college
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJuly 31, 2012
Was a mathematics tutor when I was an undergraduate at Marietta College.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marietta College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6