Marietta Corp Employee Reviews

packer
packer (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 3, 2014
put products in the boxes to get shipped out to the hotels all over the world
Fun people, Chanllenging job, lots of laboratory testing
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of testing any raw chemicals and shampoo that came up to the analytical lab whether is was compounders that made shampoo, incoming raw chemicals to the factory, or re testing a prior chemical that had gone past expiration. I have learned from this position so many types of documentation methods and how to operate most lab equipment. I had the best co-works coming from different cultures and nationalities so it was great working with the verity of people. The hardest part of the job was getting everything tested in the amount of time given. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with such a diverse group of people.
Pros
diverse people and environment
Cons
some communication barriers
parts technician
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYSeptember 24, 2013
I worked with great people. Everyday was different. My day would start with coming in and getting numbers as to what job was running and what would be required fro the day. Then it was checking to see what we had ready and what would need to be built for the day and the next shift coming on. The day was always unpredictable and a challenge on more days than not
Pros
guaranteed ot...
Cons
didnt get recognition for job well done and safety was always the priority for management
You could do better than this place.
Compounder, mechanic, packer, forklift (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 30, 2013
Sweat shop conditions, only managers and offices have cold a/c. L.A. plant has money problems. Packers make the minimum & are told to work only 7.5 hrs per day or less than 40 hours. Communication is very bad & the blame game is everyday. There machines are breaking apart because they are old. No effort is made to replace or improve it. This plant cuts corners on everything. They do not provide you with tools or offer to help pay. Office supplies are controlled including pens. If you loose it then bring your things from home. Theft is common. The L.A. plant needs mechanics, but whoever they hire to be a mechanic is then put to run lines or do unskilled labor work. The pay is bad. Everyone complaints about this. No raises because they have money problems but they give you more work instead. Some people clock out and then go back to work just to get there wrk done. Others work during lunch or break and managers turn the back on this. Office people speak English but the plant people can barely speak English and it is very hard to communicate. Manager mistakes caused business to slow down, especially maintenance. Have seen managers yell at personnel and H.R. favors the managers. No time to say more. Unless you are desperado this place serves no purpose for your life. Stay away!
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor wages, no raises, bad managers. sweat shop environment
Good company to work for
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 22, 2013
Started as a cashier and in less than 1 year I was management.I like hard work and a job that lets you use your imagination.
company was one of the worst one i work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 7, 2013
nothing but lack of communication in this place and how they are still in business is beyond me management is always quick to blame someone else when something goes wrong
Loved working here, Great staff
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYSeptember 4, 2012
Great work enviorment, amazing staff. It gave me the oppurtunity to meet new people and work in multiple fields of operation. They offered advancement within the company. The hours where long, however I was more than happy with the fact that they offered as many hours as they did.
Pros
amazing benefits, recieved samples, offered advancement
Cons
This Company had money issues and management defficienciees
Compounding Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2012
I was creating SOP's and responding to backlogs of CAPA.
I learned how to tie all my experience into a new product field.
I operated without my direct manager for 3 months.
Me and my co-workers worked together closely on CAPA's to speed up investigations and expidite solutions.
The hardest part of the job was 95% of my employee didn't speak english and the company unwillingness to continue to pay my agreeded wages.
The most enjoyable part was working to solve issues without a plant manager