Marietta Corp Employee Reviews

not a fun place to work
packer (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYApril 21, 2017
work very hard for little pay, do not get paid sick days or holidays. only allowed to miss 2 day with a doctors note a year. for every day you do miss your gets points and over 7 points you are fired.
Pros
Cons
don't not get paid holidays when you are a temp working
Great Place to Work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYApril 12, 2017
If you take your time to learn how to do your job and you pay attention, hard worker, and do what your supposed to do, they are a great place to work. When I worked there they had a new supervisor that didn't know much of anything about the work or the company. It was hard to work under his supervision because he didn't know what he was talking about but he always thought he was right. Other than that it was a great place to work, good pay, and wonderful co-workers
Too much time have passed
Quality control technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
It was long time ago and i really do not recall any of the details beside it was a really busy company and the shift time was flying.
Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 4, 2015
the pay was n9ot goo the emviroment was not goo the relationship between manament and emplyoee was not goo. had to work all the time had totake a day off
Good place to work. Very nice staff
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 16, 2014
Machines needs to be more up to date. I love the employees it's a real family atmosphere.
packer
packer (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 3, 2014
put products in the boxes to get shipped out to the hotels all over the world
Fun people, Chanllenging job, lots of laboratory testing
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of testing any raw chemicals and shampoo that came up to the analytical lab whether is was compounders that made shampoo, incoming raw chemicals to the factory, or re testing a prior chemical that had gone past expiration. I have learned from this position so many types of documentation methods and how to operate most lab equipment. I had the best co-works coming from different cultures and nationalities so it was great working with the verity of people. The hardest part of the job was getting everything tested in the amount of time given. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with such a diverse group of people.
Pros
Diverse people and environment
Cons
some communication barriers
parts technician
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYSeptember 24, 2013
I worked with great people. Everyday was different. My day would start with coming in and getting numbers as to what job was running and what would be required fro the day. Then it was checking to see what we had ready and what would need to be built for the day and the next shift coming on. The day was always unpredictable and a challenge on more days than not
Pros
guaranteed ot...
Cons
didnt get recognition for job well done and safety was always the priority for management
You could do better than this place.
Compounder, mechanic, packer, forklift (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 30, 2013
Sweat shop conditions, only managers and offices have cold a/c. L.A. plant has money problems. Packers make the minimum & are told to work only 7.5 hrs per day or less than 40 hours. Communication is very bad & the blame game is everyday. There machines are breaking apart because they are old. No effort is made to replace or improve it. This plant cuts corners on everything. They do not provide you with tools or offer to help pay. Office supplies are controlled including pens. If you loose it then bring your things from home. Theft is common. The L.A. plant needs mechanics, but whoever they hire to be a mechanic is then put to run lines or do unskilled labor work. The pay is bad. Everyone complaints about this. No raises because they have money problems but they give you more work instead. Some people clock out and then go back to work just to get there wrk done. Others work during lunch or break and managers turn the back on this. Office people speak English but the plant people can barely speak English and it is very hard to communicate. Manager mistakes caused business to slow down, especially maintenance. Have seen managers yell at personnel and H.R. favors the managers. No time to say more. Unless you are desperado this place serves no purpose for your life. Stay away!
Pros
Cons
Poor wages, no raises, BAD MANAGERS. Sweat shop environment
Good company to work for
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 22, 2013
Started as a cashier and in less than 1 year I was management.I like hard work and a job that lets you use your imagination.
company was one of the worst one i work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 7, 2013
nothing but lack of communication in this place and how they are still in business is beyond me management is always quick to blame someone else when something goes wrong
Loved working here, Great staff
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYSeptember 4, 2012
Great work enviorment, amazing staff. It gave me the oppurtunity to meet new people and work in multiple fields of operation. They offered advancement within the company. The hours where long, however I was more than happy with the fact that they offered as many hours as they did.
Pros
amazing benefits, recieved samples, offered advancement
Cons
This Company had money issues and management defficienciees
Compounding Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2012
I was creating SOP's and responding to backlogs of CAPA.
I learned how to tie all my experience into a new product field.
I operated without my direct manager for 3 months.
Me and my co-workers worked together closely on CAPA's to speed up investigations and expidite solutions.
The hardest part of the job was 95% of my employee didn't speak english and the company unwillingness to continue to pay my agreeded wages.
The most enjoyable part was working to solve issues without a plant manager
This is a great experience and a great work environment.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMay 3, 2012
Since it is a factor there's not really much I can say except everything runs like it should. I learned what a minimum waged life would be like and I really hope I don't end up there. It is good money for a summer job or a part time job during college, but I wouldn't work there for life. It is a boring job and not many people there are happy with it. As I said to someone who works there I would rather take a pay cut than work a boring job like that.
Pros
good money, good benefits, easy to work with a small handicap
Cons
strains the body, boring, doesn't give you desirable skills
regular place to work
compounder (Current Employee) –  los angeles californiaMarch 2, 2012
regular place to work no compensation at all no 401 k match
i see that temps are not treated with respect they want you to be there before start of shift wich is at 7:30 am and some times they wont let you in until 9 or 10
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a