Marietta Eye Clinic Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work enviroment.
Medical Assistant-Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 29, 2017
Enjoy working daily with current Doctor. We preform daily vision testing on patients as well as in office procedure just as injections, laser and refractions.
Work at marietta eye clinc
Patient Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 4, 2017
Marietta eye clinic is a large company and employees are just a number no matter how long you have worked for the company. You will get the bare minimum of a raise. The benefits are very limited. HR department is very nice along with pay role.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
employees should be treated based off their work ethics
Coder (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at Marietta Eye center. Management left you alone and let you do your work. Hours were good. Doctors were great to work with. Located in a great location
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Pay
Job Summary
Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 15, 2017
A typical day at work is very busy, there are lots of new skills to learn and pay is good. Management is ok but could be more positive instead of focusing on the negatives. Difficult days are made easier by friendly coworkers.
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 11, 2017
Bias at times. Management could be a bit more professional. There are some perks as well as some things that would make you regret being a employee of the company
Pros
Compensation
Quiet
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 30, 2016
Would recommend for any MA. Management is not that great but you mostly just stick with the Doctor you work for. Pretty laid back atmosphere for the most part.
Loved my job!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Powder Springs, GADecember 13, 2016
Marietta Eye Clinic was a great place to work. They really care about their employees. Opportunities for advancement within the company.
No Comment
Billing and Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 25, 2016
No Comment a very unique environment. This company has days and times where it can be a great place to work and at other times it can be unhealthy kind of like a yo-yo.
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No Comment
Great workplace
Surgery Scheduling Counselor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 17, 2016
Great workplace, advancement to grow. Diversity, overall a nice place. love working with patients and coworkers. Management are nice and always looking for feedback from employees
Productive workplace and business
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 16, 2016
Every day is different, no day is quite the same. I have enjoyed every lesson learned from this work eeperience. There are different departments, so the company has various managers. My co-workers are fun and interesting. There are really no hard parts of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a very diverse and friendly environment.
Pros
Love the enviroment, excellent company
Cons
Too far from my home
Process and Procedures alignment needed
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 9, 2015
The Communications at MEC does not filter well; there are a few chosen managers/directors that control the company in the direction in which they think it should go. That’s fine if they are open to new ideas and perspectives. The management is bias in the treatment of employees of color who from all accounts are paid less than whites in the same job. There are privileges that are only allowed for a certain few. The board of directors ran by the partners which are the doctors that work for the practice.
The doctors are self-centered narcissi and greedy with no empathy for the employees who make them wealthy and the practice work. Not munch measure placed on team work or team building. Although there is an ongoing managers training that is in place and gives guidance in practice and procedures that is commendable. It’s said when first coming to this organization that, thinking out of the box is welcomed, new idea are allowed to be nurtured. Not true. It is a culture of go along to get along with the managers and directors that are in control. If you are not, than you become a target for not being a team player. There’s no input from the people who actually do the work. No change management and there is certainly no process alignment thought out the company or between departments.
Pros
Long time employees are dedacated to the company.
Cons
There are no mesures to promote to other within, a culture of Favoritism
Decent Office
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta GAMarch 31, 2015
Marietta Eye Clinic was in Georgia I did enjoy working at this office , however the pay was not so good, I had a lot of traveling and was not compensated at all.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
No lunches, or Travel Pay
Informative workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 2, 2015
On a typical work day I created, destroyed, sorted, and filed medical charts.
* I learned how to input information in the medical records systems (NextGen)
* Management was very knowledgeable and helpful
*I had awesome coworkers in a very diverse company
* There was no hard part of the job.
* Most enjoyable part of the job was working with coworkers.
Pros
Management and coworkers
Cons
The work could become monotonous.
Patient Service Representative
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 9, 2014
A typical day at work required me to come in at 7:15 and start checking out patients. Around 12:30 is when i got a lunch break and i left around 4:15. In this position, I learned to check-in, check-out, schedule appointments, call center, switchboard, enter CPT and diagnosis codes, balance payments at the end of the day, responsible for closing the office, setting the alarm, making sure all cash money added up before leaving, greeting patients, and helping patients at the kiosk. I loved my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the patient load with a short staff. also dealing with an unhappy patient while in the middle of a rush. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping the patients and seeing their faces when you have found an answer to their problem.
Pros
decent pay, co-workers, patients
Cons
always being short staffed
I enjoyed working at Marietta Eye Clinic
COA (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 15, 2014
Overall I would give the company a 3 star rating. Too many chiefs not enough Indians. I enjoyed the people and the Doctors of course. They do not care about your personal life, so don't bring it to work. They work you to death and don't want to pay you for it, or even began to appreciate it.
Excellent workplace with some opportunity for advancement
Surgical Technician, Marietta Eye Surgery Center (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 7, 2014
This is a very professionally run surgical center that offers competitive pay with the opportunity to work your maximum hours without having to take off for low census days. I enjoy the people I work with and love the knowledge I have gained here.
Pros
Always able to get your hours
New management has caused this once nice and productive establishment to go down hill very quickly.
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 30, 2013
A very unorganized company with too many cheifs and not enough indians.
Productive, fun, and friendly workplace
Medical Administrative Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 27, 2012
I did my intern here and it was a productive, fun, and friendly workplace.I was interning in the medical records part. Well I was there I learned a lot of things.Such as chart purging,putting files in alphabetical order. My supervisor was nice and my co-worker was very helpful.To me there weren't anything hard for me to do and the most enjoyable part of the job was gaining experience in working in medical records and learning new things.
lots of negativity from management,employees try to remain positive
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 31, 2012
Always something to keep you busy,long work dsys,lots of expectations,mgmt doesnt respect or value the employees,work hard but not respected or appreciated for it, fellow associstes try to work as a team but mgmt tries to work you against each other, i loved working with the patients and the dr assigned to
Pros
401k retirement
Cons
poor mgmt
Fun work place with great people and outside activities.
Contact Lens Specialist (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAMarch 13, 2012
Marietta Eye Clinic is a great company to work for, they operate like a family owned business. Everyone is so personable and ready to help you with anything, they keep a good work and family life balance, they even have events for employee family's to attend.
Pros
good working enviroment, great people, company history
Cons
little room for advancement, policy changes are frequent.