Follow link to apply.
Minimum Education/Experience Required: Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare Administration required. Master's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare Informatics preferred. Board certification in Nursing Informatics will be considered in lieu of Master's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare Informatics. Minimum of 5 years clinical nursing experience. Minimum of 3 years of progressive responsibilities in information system administration.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Training: Strong analytical, project management, facilitation and presentation skills and experience required. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, leading to the ability to create change through influence and relationship-building. Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong computer skills required, including use of spreadsheets and presentation software.
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, applies knowledge of nursing and other related information systems to assist in the design, development, and ongoing modification of computerized health care systems. Will serve as both an expert resource and consultant to the management and communication of data, information, and knowledge in nursing practice and administration.
- Promotes future and present system functionality by designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating new or modified informatics solutions, data structures, and decision-support mechanisms to support patients and health care professionals.
- Facilitates leadership in building consensus and adoption related to clinical information systems to meet the hospitals mission and goals:
- Participates in maintenance and/or implementation of major electronic health record systems;
- Contributes to standardized EHR infrastructure.
- Advocates for engaging patients and families;
- Communicates and coordinates care with all other clinical disciplines;
- Develops and/or delivers training programs for staff on new information systems.
- Identifies opportunities where the clinical information system can be utilized to optimize workflow for clinical processes by analyzing and interpreting patient, nursing and/or information systems data.
- Serves as a consultant on informatics issues, which impacts nursing education and practice.
- Develops a deep knowledge of forecasting methodology with the ability to analyze expected and potential impact of IT on work processes.
- Assists in extracting and compiling internal and external data elements used for medical cost management, operational reporting, general financial analysis, etc...
- Manages a portfolio of projects with the requirement to bring about effective improvement; demonstrates ability to manage multiple initiatives, deadlines and priorities in a work environment with shifting time frames.
- Develops strong working relationships across the organization and with senior administration; demonstrates collaborative values and processes.