Marietta Memorial Hospital

Marietta Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

They do not care about you
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 3, 2015
Worked here for 5 years and was treated badly at the end especially when you tell them you were moving on to something else. The management is clueless when it comes to rewarding staff for hard work. If you raise your voice here they will blackball you and your opinions never count. In my department some of the staff was so negative and when you call them on it you end up in trouble even when the management knew who the real offenders were. The director cares about herself and no one else and everybody in the department knows this. She only cares about her bonus and not the future of the department . She will not back you up on anything and is the first to throw you under the bus. Most of the staff is competent but a lot of new grad nurses. The pay for this place is sub par when compared with other cities.

Nothing will change here until the director is replaced with someone that is more proactive as a manger!
Pros
most of the staff
Cons
management, a lot of turnover
Horrible
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 11, 2016
This place was one of the worst places I have ever worked. Management had favorites and did not consider their employees. Customer complaints were always taken as truth and resulted in many firings and write ups for false reasons. There are no accountability for management. Not to mention the unsafe medical practices being performed, like overworking nurses, and dangerously understaffing the units. It is negligent and horrendous. Do not work their no matter what. I did for 3 years, and yea it was lucrative, but it was a horrible place to work. Very cutthroat!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything Else
Patient oriented, proud to have been employed at mmh
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJanuary 4, 2016
It was hard work, but very satisfying. To be included in the care and see visible improvement in your patient was a privilege. I enjoyed being a part of their recovery and discharge home. I think the saddest part of my job was taking care of the patient you knew was not going home, having to tell the family that their mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, or child had died.
I worked with a wonderful group of people. We always worked as a team. If one of us had a problem, we all had a problem, and we all worked together to solve it.
My supervisors were there to assist in a crisis, and obtain what we needed to assist in the care of our patients. They listened and offered solutions. Upper management was very supportive and appreciative. They showed this in many ways. They kept the staff informed of what was happening now as well as what was to come in the future. I was proud to say that I worked for marietta memorial hospital.
Pros
GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE, GREAT ADMINISTRATION
MMH is a very pleasant place to work.
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  401 Matthew St. Marietta, OhJuly 12, 2016
There is no typical day at work when you work in a hospital, it changes daily. My experience working at MMH was 99% positive. I worked with some of the greatest techs there are. Not only were we coworkers but also friends that were willing to help each other out anytime we could. My supervisor had the ability to share laughs with us, help us when we were short handed or busy, but also maintained her duties as a supervisor being able to separate friends from work. The hardest part of the job was miscommunication between departments. The most enjoyable part of my work experience there was the wonderful Dr.'s and people I had the pleasure of working with.
Could be a movie!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 27, 2016
I worked at Marietta Memorial Hospital as a contracted employee for security. First of all security is only at the hospital because of the accredition. That means the hospital gets money for having security on the grounds. We were stuck into an office no bigger than a broom closet at the end of the world away from everything. The hospital handles things in a manner of what looks good not funtional. They say that they run out of funds for a rebuilding of a very nessary helipad. With in 6 months of hearing this new tile, new signage, and a cleaning robot?!?! is bought. Every employee that works there outside of your department is either out to get you or all about themselves. I will say this I will NEVER be a patient in Marietta Memorial Hospital EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
A few good people
Cons
Pretty much Everything
Drama, favorites, and gossip is eyeball deep here.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  MariettApril 11, 2016
I worked on what was Division G as a PCT. The pay was very good, but everything else was not. First they start you off while still being trained only having a patient load of 10 or so patients. Well once you're out on your own that will double unless you're one of the brown nosers. There's some great and hardworking PCTs and nurses and then some are so lazy I am surprised that they manage to walk from their vehicles to the unit. These lazy ones make for a miserable workplace. It's much like high school with all the little cliques, backstabbing, jealousy, and just outright pettiness.
Pros
Benefits + pay
Cons
Lazy co-workers & poor management
Not pursing nursing now because of Memorial Health System
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 14, 2016
It seems wonderful you get a job at a hospital. Pay was terrible and I worked my butt off without help. My supervisors were terrible and they don't do anything but complain. I can honestly say I'm not pursing nursing anymore because of them.
I was always depressed and my nurses were no help at all. Also the nurses never lock their carts. Many times I've walked by one wide open with needles and pain medicine so easily accessible.
The meals aren't free and the food was good, but left me tired and not wanting to move.
Cons
Chemical Operator, Senior Lab Technician, Machine and Design Lab ,Finishing Operator
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHNovember 4, 2015
Operated chemical reactors and drying units.
Maintained a safe work environment by inspecting, fire extinguishers, process safety devices, and personal safety equipment.
Operated computer controlled small-scale reactors and dryers.
Tested substrate created by chemical reaction with a variety of lab
Equipment and documented results for technology research.
Operated CNC mills, vertical mills, engine lathes, and surface grinders.
Operated a variety of mixing, milling, extruding, pelletizing, and packing equipment.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
shift work
great place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHJanuary 3, 2016
Great place to work, nice staff, great benefits. Overall good place to work. Has affordable insurance plan. 401K, vacation an sick pay.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
call schedule
Great place
ER Staff Nurse/ Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belpre, OHJuly 5, 2016
Best place I have worked for thus far in my nursing career. Management and staff are great.
Enjoyable environment.
Works well with needed days off.
Doesn't put up with nonsense at work
Communicates well with entire staff, even night shift.
Excellent hospital for new/inexperienced staff.
NURSE'S AIDE (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJune 13, 2016
Great place to start your career. Many opportunities to learn new things. Managers flexible with hours to meet needs of staff and of the unit.
Pros
Educational experiences
It is a great place to work.
Educational Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHDecember 17, 2015
Administration listen to the staff needs and takes actions to ensure their happiness and success. The staff are great people to work with, they provide the greatest patient care. They are fun, and happy to be in the organization. The organization promotes education and provides tuition reimbursement.
Pros
They celebrate holidays with free food, prize give a ways, gift cards
Not to be trusted
RN (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OhioJanuary 29, 2013
This hospital did offer excellent benefits and competetive rate of pay. However, having worked there for many years as an RN, one learns that the top administration of this organization is not to be trusted. They make claims as to being concerned for the well being of their employees and a desire to treat all fairly, but their actions speak so much louder than their words. There are people among management, including HR, Nursing Administration, and the below mentioned Marketing Department, that form cliques and alliances that can become very intimidating. Most are just wolves in sheeps clothing and will gladly hang a person out to dry in order to win favor and not become a target themselves.
Very sad.
Pros
benefits and competitive rate of pay
Cons
middle school mentality among upper level administration
Don't Trust
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OhioJanuary 31, 2013
There are cliques among upper level management whose behavior can only be described as having a middle school mentality. They can make life miserable for any employee that does not 'fit in' their group and are eager to throw others under the bus to save their own positions. HR, Staff Development, Marketing, and CEO are the worst offenders. They portray themselves as benevolent and caring while simultaneously planning a person or department's demise. Very sad.
Pros
competitive pay & benefits
Cons
hypocritical administraton/ceo
physician is great
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  urologyNovember 11, 2015
rooming patients
obtaining v/s and medical hx.
assisting w/cystoscopy, bx.
phone triage
rx ordering
hardest part of job=unknowledgable inexperienced office manager
best part of job=working hours for most part are good, physician teaches/explains diseases/procedures.
Pros
good work schedule
Cons
unknown end of day departure
acute care hospital
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 4, 2015
staff therapist, hand held nebulizer therapies, ventilator care and management, emergency care, level 1 trauma care, heart center, worked nights mainly
worst place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHNovember 3, 2015
worst job ive ever had, wouldn't work around my college schedule or pay me right. Very negative work environment, wont pay over-time, wont give you the hours you really worked
MIstreated
Registration (Former Employee) –  MMHSeptember 3, 2013
Management does not answer emails nor do they answer their office/cell phones. They let physicians treat you like dogs and even yell at you and degrade you in front of patients. HR tells you to bid or quit but when you bid on other jobs that you are more than qualified for, they give them to other people or they just don't interview you at all.I don't understand how someone that had great reviews from other physicians gets treated so unfairly because of one physician that thinks they are beyond GOD!
benefits
Cons
lack of communication, treated unfairly, no support system
Productive Workplace with ample Staff
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHJuly 7, 2014
A typical day in the Respiratory Department at Marietta Memorial usually includes several breathing treatments, ekgs, and abgs. Occasionally we have a serious situation such as a Code, or Rapid Response to respond to. Mostly, things run very smooth with the staff to patient ratio that we have. Coming from Camden I had to learn the neonatal aspect of Respiratory when I joined Marietta Memorial, as Camden does not allow Respiratory to attend C-sections. Management could be a little better as far as communication with employees. I get along great with my co-workers. We all pull our own weight, and come together when each other needs help. The hardest part of my job is watching someone die despite our best efforts to try to save them. It's healthcare, you want to take care of the patient as if they are your family. I would want someone to do that for my family. The most enjoyable part of the job is following a patients recovery.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
mandatory time off when slow, miscommunication with management
I enjoy my workplace.
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OhioSeptember 11, 2013
I love my current workplace. Unfortunately, there is currently no room for advancement. I am very greatful to be employed at MMH. I have learned so much about becoming a surgical technologist along with basic patient care. The one thing I enjoy the most about my job is working with other people and getting a rewarding feeling at the end of the day. The atmosphere is great. I work with what is like a family. I have made great friends and gained a great amount of knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marietta Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8