Marietta Memorial Hospital

Marietta Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Fabulous place to work!
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Marietta, OHOctober 19, 2014
Pros: monday-friday, all holidays off
Cons: none!
I had very many jobs at the hospital. My absolute favorite was working with the patients!. I love the connections I formed with my patients. I was employed at this facility for 12 years. We were family!
Busy workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee), Marietta, OhOctober 12, 2014
Start seeing patients at 8am. I learned no matter how much chaos to always keep a smile. Poor management. Poor teamwork. The hardest part of my job was being overwhelmed with paperwork and not enough time to complete it all in same day. What I enjoyed most was patient interaction.
Very much patient advocates
Licensed Practical Nurse/Urology Department (Current Employee), Marietta, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Great place to work. Working with the patient first in mind.
In Hindsight... I was fortunate
OB Tech/HUC (Health Unit Coordinator) (Former Employee), Marietta, OHJuly 26, 2014
Although my position had no potential for growth, the benefit were pretty great! But the fact that I could not advance was the deciding factor in leaving this company.
Productive Workplace with ample Staff
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Marietta, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: mandatory time off when slow, miscommunication with management
A typical day in the Respiratory Department at Marietta Memorial usually includes several breathing treatments, ekgs, and abgs. Occasionally we have a serious situation such as a Code, or Rapid Response to respond to. Mostly, things run very smooth with the staff to patient ratio that we have. Coming from Camden I had to learn the neonatal aspect of – more... Respiratory when I joined Marietta Memorial, as Camden does not allow Respiratory to attend C-sections. Management could be a little better as far as communication with employees. I get along great with my co-workers. We all pull our own weight, and come together when each other needs help. The hardest part of my job is watching someone die despite our best efforts to try to save them. It's healthcare, you want to take care of the patient as if they are your family. I would want someone to do that for my family. The most enjoyable part of the job is following a patients recovery. – less
Education is priority.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Marietta, OHMarch 6, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: travel time was not good for me.
Good place for career advancement. Education was a priority at my time working there. Equipment needed to perform job was up to date and in good shape.
previous RN
RN Cath Lab (Former Employee), cath labOctober 23, 2013
Pros: low insurance premiums
Cons: poor management: poor values
They have the worst management policies. They don't care about employees who are ill. I was hospitalized and subsequently terminated. Found out later I have cancer. They dont care.
Enjoyed this job
Health Unit Coordinator/OB Tech (Former Employee), Marietta, OHOctober 1, 2013
I learned so much about the medical field in this job. It jump started my interested in the field.
I enjoy my workplace.
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, OhioSeptember 11, 2013
I love my current workplace. Unfortunately, there is currently no room for advancement. I am very greatful to be employed at MMH. I have learned so much about becoming a surgical technologist along with basic patient care. The one thing I enjoy the most about my job is working with other people and getting a rewarding feeling at the end of the day. – more... The atmosphere is great. I work with what is like a family. I have made great friends and gained a great amount of knowledge. – less
MIstreated
Registration (Former Employee), MMHSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of communication, treated unfairly, no support system
Management does not answer emails nor do they answer their office/cell phones. They let physicians treat you like dogs and even yell at you and degrade you in front of patients. HR tells you to bid or quit but when you bid on other jobs that you are more than qualified for, they give them to other people or they just don't interview you at all.I don't – more... understand how someone that had great reviews from other physicians gets treated so unfairly because of one physician that thinks they are beyond GOD! – less
I was here for LPN nursing school
LPN (Former Employee), LPNAugust 27, 2013
Best place to do OB training they staff is great to work with and they want to teach.
Don't work here unless you wanna be thrown out
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Marietta memorialJune 11, 2013
After working there 6 months I was lied about by other employees and was let go without a chance to defend my case or even transfer to another dept. don't work here unless you are best buddies with hr people.
Fast Paced
Clinic Operations, Go-Live Support (Current Employee), Marietta, OHMay 15, 2013
In office support for the training and implentation of LSS medical software for the Marietta Memorial Health System.
Very enjoyable work atmosphere
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), labApril 17, 2013
Pros: accurment of personal time
Cons: none that i can think of
A typical day was to go in do my job learn some new things and make sure all the patients were attended to in a professional manner. I learned many things while working at this hospital from taking training and learning from seasoned healthcare co-workers. The hardest part was when we had a very busy patient intake. The most enjoyable part was when – more... a patient was content and you made them content and enjoying there stay. – less
Fun and tiring!
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Marietta, OHApril 9, 2013
Pros: staff are really nice
Cons: always on your feet.
Enjoyable and hard work. I have gained new experience working here. The other employees are really nice to work with. Your always running around trying to get your job done, which can be really tough at times.
Don't Trust
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Marietta, OhioJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: competitive pay & benefits
Cons: hypocritical administraton/ceo
There are cliques among upper level management whose behavior can only be described as having a middle school mentality. They can make life miserable for any employee that does not 'fit in' their group and are eager to throw others under the bus to save their own positions. HR, Staff Development, Marketing, and CEO are the worst offenders. They portray – more... themselves as benevolent and caring while simultaneously planning a person or department's demise. Very sad. – less
Not to be trusted
RN (Former Employee), Marietta, OhioJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: benefits and competitive rate of pay
Cons: middle school mentality among upper level administration
This hospital did offer excellent benefits and competetive rate of pay. However, having worked there for many years as an RN, one learns that the top administration of this organization is not to be trusted. They make claims as to being concerned for the well being of their employees and a desire to treat all fairly, but their actions speak so much – more... louder than their words. There are people among management, including HR, Nursing Administration, and the below mentioned Marketing Department, that form cliques and alliances that can become very intimidating. Most are just wolves in sheeps clothing and will gladly hang a person out to dry in order to win favor and not become a target themselves.
Very sad. – less
Marketing Dept Only: Don't bother applying if you're a man
Marketing (Former Employee), Marietta OHJanuary 22, 2013
The Marketing Dept is run by an insecure woman, who has a staff of eight ... coincidentally all women. Don't waste your time applying for a job in the marketing dept if you are a man (qualifications won't make a difference).
Enjoyable environment all the way around
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Marietta, OHOctober 15, 2012
Everyone had a good attitude. A positive place to work. A good overall experience.

June 19, 2013

Not pointing out any one supervisor, several can't be trusted.

awesome staff
Lead Scheduler/Patient Registration (Former Employee), Marietta, OHOctober 3, 2012
Pros: great work enviorment
Everyone is so friendly, and management makes sure the employees are trained and understand their importance in the company.

June 19, 2013

I don't know who posted the great remarks about the laundry dept. But they must have been a kiss butt of a higher up. That dept. has the worse supervisor there is. If they open their mouth they are lying and the cursing and decimation remarks that come out of his mouth are very unprofessional and HR and higher ups then him do nothing about it. You are over worked and pushed harder than a human should be expected to do with no gratitude for your work. They break you down till your no longer useful to them and then they no longer care. they deny you benefits you pay for and cheat you every chance they get. I would never recommend to anyone to work there. They use to be a great place when I started there but now it's all about the money and employee's no longer matter to them. I have tried twice to submit this so far and it tells me someone has already used my name. If it is the Oct. 2012 comments about laundry they were not posted by me...guess this is one more way for them to make comments to make them look good and it's all lies.

June 21, 2013

PLEASE REMOVE THE CLIFT COMMENTS, THANK YOU.

About Marietta Memorial Hospital

Marietta Memorial Hospital is the foundation of a high-quality, wide-ranging health organization known as Memorial Health System. – Read more