Marietta Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Short staffed in every department and pay does not match time or experience
RN (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OH 45750May 20, 2017
New hires with less experience make more than the nurses that have been there for several years. makes you a little bitter at times. The staff turn over rate is ridiculous and every unit is short so you are floated to other units on a daily base. if I wanted to work that area of nursing I would have applied. Charge nurse requires charge responsibility plus floor nurse duties for no extra compensation it's like doing 2 jobs for the price of one. For Nurses week this year, we got a very small bag of mixed nuts, you just do not feel appreciated here. The cafeteria prices are sky high and the food sucks, pretty sure they are trying to turn a profit from the staff. Work equipment such as computers, heart monitors, etc. are old school and you spend half the day messing with them to get it to work properly. But hey they have great benefits and there isn't any other hospital around that comes close, so you just become stuck because your options are limited.
Benefits
Cons
Short staffed, and low pay for time and experience
Positive experience for the most part..
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 16, 2017
The other employees was the highlight of my workplace. Management was always changing, new rules all the time. Day shift had problems with nightshift, vise versa. Lots of drama.
Teamwork
Float Pool RN (Current Employee) –  MMHMay 12, 2017
There is a firm goal of teamwork!! Wonderful place to work with very educated and friendly people!! Love the management!! Overall, an excellent place to work!
Growing hospital with integrity
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 27, 2017
Hospital is expanding, and their big focus in on integrity. Pays well for the area, patients rate the hospital well. Difficult to transfer to other parts of the hospital, and office politics appear to play a big role in whether or not one gets promoted. Great environment for teamwork.
INP clerical
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 23, 2017
Going to the floors to retrieve charts on a daily base, matching, prepping, scanning, AFI, deficiencies, DDL, filing, faxing, helping the physicians with any patient information,problems, correcting the files to make sure everything is accounted for, then getting each chart for process.
Pros
The job is very rewarding
Cons
The job can be very stressful
Extremely patient satisfaction oriented
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 20, 2017
This organization is extremely productive in ensuring satisfaction is a top priority for all of our patients. They provide surveys for every patient, both inpatient and outpatient, allowing patients describe ways to improve satisfaction rates.
Fast paced work environment
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 22, 2017
This company is a great company to work for. They work load sometimes feels like it may be too much but someone will always jump in to help out, even if they are from a different department. Everyone is so caring and readybto pitch in to help anyone that may need help.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes very busy
Great Supervision Site
Practicum Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHNovember 10, 2016
As a student intern I learned a lot with a great supervisor. Would have loved to return to complete a larger internship requirement but, unfortunately cannot.
daycare center
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 19, 2016
I worked at the child care center there. I absolutely loved my children and their families. Very hard to work for director. Far to often her mood will determine how your day goes. If you need time off, well good luck with that. Supplies for the children are limited and when you ask for some you will very rarley get it. Might be an accredited facility but what happens behind the scenes is not what your being told. The co-workers were fantastic and all love and care for the children. Tried to contact HR a few times and nothing was ever taken care of. Management is not very good.
Cons
micro management, director
hard working
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 30, 2016
Typical day of taking care of patient needs. A lot of what I would call mico management ( to many chiefs ). My direct co-works where the best. I enjoyed taking care of my patients
Pros
health care
Cons
to many bosses
Do not recommend
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  MMHSeptember 3, 2016
You will always have six patients, so if you're fine with that then go for it. It's totally unsafe and no one protects the nurses or their licenses there. You can have a patient on an insulin drip then five other high acuity patients on top of that. Everyone is so swamped you really can't even ask for help. They say they are all about excellence but how can you give excellent care when you are taking care of six patients! They also use outdated paper charting for doctors orders and a cumbersome computer charting system that only slows you down even more. I also have to agree that you cannot trust people here. They will act like they care to your face to only turn around and try to make you look bad. The upside to this place are the patients. Kind and grateful people that are a joy to care for. If only Marietta's administration would let the nurses do that safely and properly by changing the grid to 4:1 nurse patient ratio on all floors!
Nice environment to work.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHAugust 20, 2016
MMH is a nice environment. There is many different places to work at in this hospital. I work in the surgery dept. Nice and friendly coworkers. Benefits are good.
Wonderful coworkers doing a valuable job
Radiology clerk/Registration Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJuly 15, 2016
Wonderful coworkers doing a valuable job. Lots of opportunities with great compassionate people. Great experience.
MMH is a very pleasant place to work.
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  401 Matthew St. Marietta, OhJuly 12, 2016
There is no typical day at work when you work in a hospital, it changes daily. My experience working at MMH was 99% positive. I worked with some of the greatest techs there are. Not only were we coworkers but also friends that were willing to help each other out anytime we could. My supervisor had the ability to share laughs with us, help us when we were short handed or busy, but also maintained her duties as a supervisor being able to separate friends from work. The hardest part of the job was miscommunication between departments. The most enjoyable part of my work experience there was the wonderful Dr.'s and people I had the pleasure of working with.
Great place
ER Staff Nurse/ Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belpre, OHJuly 5, 2016
Best place I have worked for thus far in my nursing career. Management and staff are great.
Enjoyable environment.
Works well with needed days off.
Doesn't put up with nonsense at work
Communicates well with entire staff, even night shift.
Excellent hospital for new/inexperienced staff.
NURSE'S AIDE (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJune 13, 2016
Great place to start your career. Many opportunities to learn new things. Managers flexible with hours to meet needs of staff and of the unit.
Pros
Educational experiences
Not pursing nursing now because of Memorial Health System
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 14, 2016
It seems wonderful you get a job at a hospital. Pay was terrible and I worked my butt off without help. My supervisors were terrible and they don't do anything but complain. I can honestly say I'm not pursing nursing anymore because of them.
I was always depressed and my nurses were no help at all. Also the nurses never lock their carts. Many times I've walked by one wide open with needles and pain medicine so easily accessible.
The meals aren't free and the food was good, but left me tired and not wanting to move.
Could be a movie!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 27, 2016
I worked at Marietta Memorial Hospital as a contracted employee for security. First of all security is only at the hospital because of the accredition. That means the hospital gets money for having security on the grounds. We were stuck into an office no bigger than a broom closet at the end of the world away from everything. The hospital handles things in a manner of what looks good not funtional. They say that they run out of funds for a rebuilding of a very nessary helipad. With in 6 months of hearing this new tile, new signage, and a cleaning robot?!?! is bought. Every employee that works there outside of your department is either out to get you or all about themselves. I will say this I will NEVER be a patient in Marietta Memorial Hospital EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
A few good people
Cons
Pretty much Everything
Drama, favorites, and gossip is eyeball deep here.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  MariettApril 11, 2016
I worked on what was Division G as a PCT. The pay was very good, but everything else was not. First they start you off while still being trained only having a patient load of 10 or so patients. Well once you're out on your own that will double unless you're one of the brown nosers. There's some great and hardworking PCTs and nurses and then some are so lazy I am surprised that they manage to walk from their vehicles to the unit. These lazy ones make for a miserable workplace. It's much like high school with all the little cliques, backstabbing, jealousy, and just outright pettiness.
Pros
Benefits + pay
Cons
Lazy co-workers & poor management
Horrible
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 11, 2016
This place was one of the worst places I have ever worked. Management had favorites and did not consider their employees. Customer complaints were always taken as truth and resulted in many firings and write ups for false reasons. There are no accountability for management. Not to mention the unsafe medical practices being performed, like overworking nurses, and dangerously understaffing the units. It is negligent and horrendous. Do not work their no matter what. I did for 3 years, and yea it was lucrative, but it was a horrible place to work. Very cutthroat!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything Else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marietta Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8