Marin General Hospital

Marin General Hospital Employee Reviews

Don't think I can stay here
RN (Current Employee), Greenbrae, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: There is a nice benefit package and parking isn't too bad.
Cons: Way, Too, Many, To, List!
A typical day is working without recognition for any achievements, working 12 hrs+ every day, being treated like garbage by MGH physicians and almost as bad by many employees.
Good co-workers
Patient Care Coordinator, Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Fast paces
Cons: Parking
very busy, day went very fast and interacted with great patients, short staffed quite often in Radiology Scheduling department .
Excellent pay
Human Resources (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: management
Total compensation above area standards. Management is in transition, and still "finding their way". Things may have changed, but executive level turnover was high.
THE WORST EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE EVER.
Radiology Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: none. stay away if you value your integrity.
Cons: completely disorganized. communication always verbal only
THE WORST EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE EVER.

5 managers in 4 years, each getting progressively worse.

Completely demoralizing environment- constant negative feedback from Management with no knowledge of our day to day challenges. Management never in our office.
Never a compliment.
Petty management that engages in retaliatory actions against employees. Management is completely incapable of inspiring any of their employees.
Very Busy Fast Environment
Clerical Team Member (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAJanuary 1, 2015
Marin General was a great place to work. Very fast pace environment.
Refund Clerk
Cash Receipt/Credit Balance Clerk (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: beauiful place to work
Cons: getting laid off
Coming to work happy. How read EOB, COB to determine how much refund is due providers and patients. Management was so good, Loved them. My co-workers was so nice, they would leave there work to help you. The hardest part was laid offs that occurred.
I love working with all my co-worker, I had no problems with them in my unit.
Marin General Hospital is a great place to work
Trauma Specialist (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAOctober 10, 2014
The people there are very open & friendly, and eager to assist any new comer
Challenging, stimulating with chance for growth
ORN Staff Nurse II (Current Employee), Greenbrae, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: a beautiful place to work with views from all the windows
Cons: lack of collaboration with staff
There are no typical days, every day is different with each case individual. PODs are being created with the same staff every day creating faster turn overs and more continuity of care.

We have inservice every Wednesday where new information is introduced. We have representatives for the major services that are constantly bring in new product.

We do Davinci Robotic cases in GU, General and GYN. This has been a great introduction to our community with fantastic surgeons who specialize in this type of surgery.

The staff are dedicated, mostly with long tenure, being very satisfied in working with this management and organization.

There are always challenges with communication but we have protocols set up for patient safety, our major concern.

The operating room requires skills of quick decision making, organization skills, knowledge in sterile technique, anticipation and knowledge of procedures that create amazing team work. This is the best part of the job when everything runs smoothly and efficiently. A true evidence of team work.
A place where you can depend on for your sick family
Admitting Representative (Current Employee), Greenbrae, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: breaks - supervisor/shift lead has to make sure this is taken
A fast pace environment in ER but very rewarding.
A fun place to work, co-workers help each other to reach the highest standard of care.
Great doctors and nurses.
The hardest part of the job is seeing trauma patient coming in from a terrible accident.
Enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients recover from a nearly death situation.
Nice place to work
Radiology Support Associate (Current Employee), Greenbrae, Ca.June 16, 2014
Pros: job diversity, love the patients
Cons: often missing breaks due to understaffing, no benefits
Working at Marin General Hospital has taught me new software and applications. I have learned PACS, and Paragon. I was able to learn three different jobs while working here. I started with Mammography reception, then pre-registration, O/P radiology registration. I have started learning file room duties too. I can do any combination of the four positions at any time, many times doing at least two in one day. I have learned to work with many different personality types. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to turn a patients day around. They walk in frustrated and scared, they walk out with a smile which makes me smile. The hardest part of the job is not having any benefits after nearly four years. Also, the commute is difficult.
Great Hospital to Work for.
Billing Clerk/CSR (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: lack or training for csr
A typical day at work, I maintain the patient's information; reports, income reports and statistic with balancing the daily schedule. Process patient's billing information into their account, answering phone calls and providing patient's and doctors' with patient's test results. Post transaction and data, follow-ups on aging accounts, and performed other duties and responsibilities as needed. Management is structure and available when needed. Some of the co-workers were supportive and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was getting the proper training for the job that I was hired for. The most enjoyable part of the job is the meeting and greeting the people who comes to the hospital for services
new manager didnt know what he was doing and a lot of favoritism
Nutrition Service worker (Former Employee), Brea, CAMay 15, 2014
Pros: free food for us
Cons: you felt like management was breathing down your neck
employees were really nice and fun to work with but management really killed it for everyone. it was no longer a good place to work at . it was all about politics. you cant ever move up unless they like you or if you know people
great benefits good company
Lab Assisstant II (Current Employee), Greenbrae, CAMay 3, 2014
wonderful patients, beautiful city and great pay. management can work on managing as a whole and not micro manage
Productive and fun place
Surgical Unit Volunteer (Current Employee), Kentfield, CAApril 14, 2014
Great place to work overall. Liked the staff, as well as management. Interacted with many patients and learnt much about the healthcare field and medical terminology.
My typical day at work...
Mgr. Centralized Scheduling & Business Operations (Current Employee), Greenbrae, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: happy patients & happy doctors
Responsible for Managing the Scheduling and Business Operations for Perioperative services and Diagnostic Imaging.
Functions include oversight of:
Perioperative Business operations and oversight of the Perioperative Business Coordinator;
Charge Capture and auditing of patient charges for the Perioperative, Diagnostic Imaging, and Cardiovascular Services departments.
The Supervision of Transcription services for Diagnostic Imaging.
Development of a centralized Scheduling infrastructure for patients and physicians, across all procedural modalities including Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging, and Cardiac services.
Subject Matter Expert for the Perioperative EHR and Information systems.

Although the scope of my responsibility is broad and diverse, it is the challenge that keeps me passionate about my role. I have learned to appreciate the entirety of the patient experience. From the first phone call after consulting with your primary care physician through all of the challenges coordinating physicians, vendors, products, clinical staff, and the legally required documentation of patient care, and patient billing that make this process seem so daunting and challenging.
I also am reminded daily of the responsibility to my customers, physicians, contracted vendors and my peers and my staff and most importantly my patients. The most enjoyable part of my work experience is seeing this process through and without a flaw, and although I don't often receive much praise for the behind the scenes coordination, the satisfied customer is the patient with the best outcome that my staff and myself help coordinate.
Very busy place
Laboratory Assistant 1/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CANovember 8, 2013
5 Bon Air a great place to work.People friendly and the are great there.
Beautiful high end hospital
Phase 2 PACU RN (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: incredible views! excellent cafeteria.
Cons: very wealthy clients could be "demanding", lengthy commute because no one could live in this area on a rn's wages.
The multi-million dollar views were so fantastic it sometimes made concentration difficult.
Managers have found the perfect balance between to-little and to-much overseeing of staff.
A great team
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAOctober 21, 2013
The Respiratory Therapy Team works extremely well with one another, helpful with one another. This facility deals with many emergency situations allows more exposure, to be able to practice what you have learned in school, and/or learn something new.
Beautiful place to work
Member of Sutter Group (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: full employee benefits
Cons: employee parking was a distance from the hospital
While working at Marin General Hospital in Greenbrae, CA, I learned how to code hospital based ambulatory charts. After reviewing the record, I assigned ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS codes and input them into an abstracting database. Coding tools used to help with the proper code assignment was 3-M. Management was very supported by assigning me to several quality assurance auditors who reviewed my coding and provided me with daily feedback. My co-workers were very supportive and worked with me while I went through this very important learning curve. They answered my coding questions and provided me with ongoing feedback. The hardest part of the job was transitioning from ambulatory clinical coding to hospital based ambulatory surgical coding. The rules were different, although both were considered ambulatory. For example, applying the hospital approved modifiers, in which some are not applicable to the ambulatory clinical place of service. I enjoyed breathing the fresh air in Greenbrae, CA, the hospital is located in a very beautiful area in Northern California where it snowed and the view is just spectacular. It was a great place to work, and the coding knowledge I gained would allow me the opportunity to code at an even higher level at the VA hospital.
I enjoyed this job because this is where it all began for me in healthcare.
Admitting Representative; PBX Operator (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAApril 23, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, amazing staff and plenty of room for advancement.
Cons: none really, i just had to commute.
I learned so many job skills and recieved so much healthcare knowledge from this job. We had great benefits and all of the staff were very friendly, including physicians.

May 4, 2013

This may be true for the department where this person worked. But beware of the Breast Imaging center. It's very fragmented, cutthroat and heavy on the favoritism.

Marin General Hospital Salaries