Marin General Hospital Employee Reviews

Small hospital with average work flow intencity
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 26, 2017
I left because I stopped evolving and learning. There was no potential grows for me as a cardiac sonographer. People come and go, there is no stability. Some employees work for a while, but most of them are always new and always leaving. I don't know why. I had my reasons. In 3 years I worked there I have 3 different directors of the department. Make conclusion.
Pros
Not very hard and too much work
Cons
No way to grow up
Great growing workplace.
Applications Analyst III (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 12, 2017
Strong IT structure. Independence to contribute to the entire acute system. Leadership has many years experience in the industry. Organization is growing and financially soluble.
So much to learn
Medical Unit Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAMarch 11, 2017
I am currently a volunteer, although I do not get to do much, I do get to learn about different illness's and they're symptoms. There are many illness's that I never knew about until I started my volunteering.
Pros
Talking to the patients
Cons
Slow days
Wonderful patient care
Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Working at Marin General has been my favorite job, thus far. The nurses are all wonderful caring people who strive to provide the best possible care for our patients.
Many changes in hospital culture
RN (Current Employee) –  Acute careJanuary 23, 2017
Very supportive and collaborative environment prior to hospital separating from large multi-site medical community. As an individual community hospital, culture changed from collaborative to focus on financial benefits. Less support of employees. Management changes and loss of long time staff has made hospital less welcoming. Quality of care still high with good access to care, excellent physicians and nursing staff.
Fun and Productive Environment
Desktop Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJanuary 10, 2017
While working at Marin General, I was exposed to a completely different environment. The IT department is full of knowledgeable individuals with amazing personalities.
Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CADecember 12, 2016
Everybody was very supportive of each other, good work ethics, professional, skilled, always striving to improve patient experience, safety first, caring about their community.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Professional Hospital
doctors, and staff (Former Employee) –  greenbrae, caAugust 30, 2016
Marin General was a very busy trauma center hospital. We dealt with many different types of patients, that helped keep the day interesting. The staff, from the nurses to my managers, were amazing and very helpful. My coworkers were very good, and helpful as well. Together we created a very team friendly atmosphere. The hardest part of my job was the constant emotional rollercoasters of working in a hospital
Pros
upgraded facilities
Sutter Health is a great Health Care Provider
support staff (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJuly 28, 2016
Sutter Health really knows how to take care of their employees. The atmosphere is wonderful and the people their really care about the patients.
Pros
great benfits
Okay place to work
Intern Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJune 24, 2016
The hospital was always kept clean, and the staff over there are nice. The team that I was working were awesome people to work with.
Pros
Good People
Cons

Want to know more about Marin General Hospital?

Ask a question
Community Based Medicine
Clinical Laboratory Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Small hospital with reasonable services for the area it serves. No organ transplantation and no research performed. Learning and advancement for clinical staff limited. Compensation for service is good to excellent. The community setting for the hospital is able to commit to keeping standards and expectations high. Preference if for hiring within the community which helps to lend a country club atmosphere to the hospital overall which creates a group friendly environment.
Pros
Strong Customer Service orientation among staff.
Family oriented place to work, caring and experienced individuals.
Unit Clerk/Secretary, Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I have worked at Marin General for almost 15 years. I have learned a lot, and have made lifetime friends that are like my family now. The doctors are very intelligent and caring about our patients.
Pros
flexibility, amazing benefits
Cons
alot of call offs
no comment
Customer Service Rep/Admitting Clerk-Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CANovember 24, 2015
I' am glad for MGH. It was my first Hospital job.
Great pay, Great benefits.
I met a lot of wonderful people that worked there.
I learned a lot and made great friendships.
Microbiology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAOctober 18, 2015
Good environment and work culture.
Very professional team work and coworkers.
The lab has is very technology oriented and patient focused.
Provides exceptional health care services in a compassionate and healing environment.
Staff Nurse, RN II (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJune 25, 2015
Marin General Hospital will be the indispensable provider of health care in Marin, recognized and valued by our community, patients, physicians, and employees for delivering superior clinical outcomes in a sustainable, state-of-the-art facility.
Don't think I can stay here
RN (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 18, 2015
A typical day is working without recognition for any achievements, working 12 hrs+ every day, being treated like garbage by MGH physicians and almost as bad by many employees.
Pros
There is a nice benefit package and parking isn't too bad.
Cons
Way, Too, Many, To, List!
Good co-workers
Patient Care Coordinator, Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 9, 2015
very busy, day went very fast and interacted with great patients, short staffed quite often in Radiology Scheduling department .
Pros
Fast paces
Cons
Parking
Excellent pay
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Total compensation above area standards. Management is in transition, and still "finding their way". Things may have changed, but executive level turnover was high.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The worst employment experience ever.
Radiology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJanuary 25, 2015
THE WORST EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE EVER.

5 managers in 4 years, each getting progressively worse.

Completely demoralizing environment- constant negative feedback from Management with no knowledge of our day to day challenges. Management never in our office.
Never a compliment.
Petty management that engages in retaliatory actions against employees. Management is completely incapable of inspiring any of their employees.
Pros
none. Stay away if you value your integrity.
Cons
completely disorganized. Communication always verbal only
Very Busy Fast Environment
Clerical Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJanuary 1, 2015
Marin General was a great place to work. Very fast pace environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marin General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Marin General Hospital Reviews by Location