Marin General Hospital

Marin General Hospital Employer Reviews

My typical day at work...
Mgr. Centralized Scheduling & Business Operations (Current Employee), Greenbrae, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: happy patients & happy doctors
Responsible for Managing the Scheduling and Business Operations for Perioperative services and Diagnostic Imaging.
Functions include oversight of:
Perioperative Business operations and oversight of the Perioperative Business Coordinator;
Charge Capture and auditing of patient charges for the Perioperative, Diagnostic Imaging, and Cardiovascular Services – more... departments.
The Supervision of Transcription services for Diagnostic Imaging.
Development of a centralized Scheduling infrastructure for patients and physicians, across all procedural modalities including Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging, and Cardiac services.
Subject Matter Expert for the Perioperative EHR and Information systems.

Although the scope of my responsibility is broad and diverse, it is the challenge that keeps me passionate about my role. I have learned to appreciate the entirety of the patient experience. From the first phone call after consulting with your primary care physician through all of the challenges coordinating physicians, vendors, products, clinical staff, and the legally required documentation of patient care, and patient billing that make this process seem so daunting and challenging.
I also am reminded daily of the responsibility to my customers, physicians, contracted vendors and my peers and my staff and most importantly my patients. The most enjoyable part of my work experience is seeing this process through and without a flaw, and although I don't often receive much praise for the behind the scenes coordination, the satisfied customer is the patient with the best outcome that my staff and myself help coordinate. – less
Very busy place
Laboratory Assistant 1/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CANovember 8, 2013
5 Bon Air a great place to work.People friendly and the are great there.
Beautiful high end hospital
Phase 2 PACU RN (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: incredible views! excellent cafeteria.
Cons: very wealthy clients could be "demanding", lengthy commute because no one could live in this area on a rn's wages.
The multi-million dollar views were so fantastic it sometimes made concentration difficult.
Managers have found the perfect balance between to-little and to-much overseeing of staff.
A great team
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAOctober 21, 2013
The Respiratory Therapy Team works extremely well with one another, helpful with one another. This facility deals with many emergency situations allows more exposure, to be able to practice what you have learned in school, and/or learn something new.
Beautiful place to work
Member of Sutter Group (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: full employee benefits
Cons: employee parking was a distance from the hospital
While working at Marin General Hospital in Greenbrae, CA, I learned how to code hospital based ambulatory charts. After reviewing the record, I assigned ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS codes and input them into an abstracting database. Coding tools used to help with the proper code assignment was 3-M. Management was very supported by assigning me to several – more... quality assurance auditors who reviewed my coding and provided me with daily feedback. My co-workers were very supportive and worked with me while I went through this very important learning curve. They answered my coding questions and provided me with ongoing feedback. The hardest part of the job was transitioning from ambulatory clinical coding to hospital based ambulatory surgical coding. The rules were different, although both were considered ambulatory. For example, applying the hospital approved modifiers, in which some are not applicable to the ambulatory clinical place of service. I enjoyed breathing the fresh air in Greenbrae, CA, the hospital is located in a very beautiful area in Northern California where it snowed and the view is just spectacular. It was a great place to work, and the coding knowledge I gained would allow me the opportunity to code at an even higher level at the VA hospital. – less
I enjoyed this job because this is where it all began for me in healthcare.
Admitting Representative; PBX Operator (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAApril 23, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, amazing staff and plenty of room for advancement.
Cons: none really, i just had to commute.
I learned so many job skills and recieved so much healthcare knowledge from this job. We had great benefits and all of the staff were very friendly, including physicians.
Community Hospital with a great Emergency Room
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAApril 10, 2013
Pros: good interaction with doctors and staff.
It's been a long time since I worked there, but it was wonderful place to take my career further at the time.
The HR department is toxic.
HR (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: nice area
Cons: traffic, bad working environment, favoritism
Terrible working environment. There are the little cliques in the office and they basically run the department. You will not enjoy working in the HR dept.
Great experience one of the best positons I had
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAMarch 1, 2013
In general every position I have held has taught me new skills and abilities which have allowed me to excel in my working career to better jobs with more responsibilities & challenges.
Pays well
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee), Greenbrae, CAJanuary 12, 2013
Marin General is a great place to work. However, you must avoid the drama, roll with the punches and have a backbone when you need to. The hospital pays well and for the most part the people are great.
nice place
CNA (Former Employee), San Rafael, CADecember 10, 2012
Pros: lots of shifts
It was wonderful staff was great the place was great and i fealt great working there.
Just awful place to work.
Central Supply (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAOctober 18, 2012
Cons: do exactly as your told or get out.
I worked for this hospital for 4yrs and it was awaful. Employees are treated like they are worthless. Managment treats you as if you are the lowest thing on earth. They play to many head games and are always looking to you for blame. Know matter how hard you work it will never be good enough. You are over worked and the hospital will do it's best to – more... make sure you never get benefits. I wouldn't dare bring my family to this hospital for care. Most employees are unhappy working for Marin General Hospital. Thanks to Marin Generals managment. And lets not forget the BIG CEO.....who does nothing to help. – less
Nonsupportive and immature
Staff Mammographer (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: dysfunctional department
There is a huge lack of communication. Guidelines and rules are meant for some and not others. Must always watch what you say because the walls have ears. What should be a wonderful support group because it is an environment of women taking care of women, is sadly a group of women playing petty games with one another.
The best part of the job is the – more... patients and being able to give them the best care and compassion that they deserve. – less
10 years at Marin
Allied health (Former Employee), MarinAugust 16, 2012
Pros: co workers
Cons: management
I worked MGH and very much enjoyed my co workers.
Most normal folk can't afford to live anywhere near there and the area traffic horrible.
I resigned, after almost 10 years, because of poor management.
Not just a personal observation , overall they received a 9% approval rating by the staff.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Larkspur, CAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: traffic
I emjoyed my tine at Marin Genral. The people who work there are so nice and friendly.
Fast Pace Environment
Certified Nursing assistant (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAJune 25, 2012
Pros: aiding in delivery, long breaks, friendly co workers
Cons: extremely busy, long hours, mandated overtime
Typical day in OBGYN was very fast pace, labor and delivery was always busy, and delivered between 3 to 10 babies daily. I learned the stages of labor, how to perform hearing test, how to scrub for c-sections, and postpartum care for mother and baby. The hardest part was delivering stillborns. the most enjoyable was doing the first baby bath, and getting – more... them ready for the new mother, father and family members. – less
MGH
LVN (Former Employee), greenbrae, caApril 20, 2012
Pros: wonderful staff
Cons: horrible pay
horrible pay but an excellent place to work. management was wonderful. co workers were wonderful.
good people to work with
ER tech (Former Employee), Greenbrae, CAMarch 17, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: less than helpfull management
after 6 1/2 years of service was offered opportunity to advance as a RN after completing school while working full time.