Marin General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Family oriented place to work, caring and experienced individuals.
Unit Clerk/Secretary, Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I have worked at Marin General for almost 15 years. I have learned a lot, and have made lifetime friends that are like my family now. The doctors are very intelligent and caring about our patients.
Pros
flexibility, amazing benefits
Cons
alot of call offs
no comment
Customer Service Rep/Admitting Clerk-Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CANovember 24, 2015
I' am glad for MGH. It was my first Hospital job.
Great pay, Great benefits.
I met a lot of wonderful people that worked there.
I learned a lot and made great friendships.
Microbiology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAOctober 18, 2015
Good environment and work culture.
Very professional team work and coworkers.
The lab has is very technology oriented and patient focused.
Okay place to work
Intern Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJune 24, 2016
The hospital was always kept clean, and the staff over there are nice. The team that I was working were awesome people to work with.
Pros
Good People
Excellent pay
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Total compensation above area standards. Management is in transition, and still "finding their way". Things may have changed, but executive level turnover was high.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
The worst employment experience ever.
Radiology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJanuary 25, 2015
THE WORST EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE EVER.

5 managers in 4 years, each getting progressively worse.

Completely demoralizing environment- constant negative feedback from Management with no knowledge of our day to day challenges. Management never in our office.
Never a compliment.
Petty management that engages in retaliatory actions against employees. Management is completely incapable of inspiring any of their employees.
Pros
none. stay away if you value your integrity.
Cons
completely disorganized. communication always verbal only
new manager didnt know what he was doing and a lot of favoritism
Nutrition Service worker (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 15, 2014
employees were really nice and fun to work with but management really killed it for everyone. it was no longer a good place to work at . it was all about politics. you cant ever move up unless they like you or if you know people
Pros
free food for us
Cons
you felt like management was breathing down your neck
I enjoyed this job because this is where it all began for me in healthcare.
Admitting Representative; PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 23, 2013
I learned so many job skills and recieved so much healthcare knowledge from this job. We had great benefits and all of the staff were very friendly, including physicians.
Pros
excellent benefits, amazing staff and plenty of room for advancement.
Cons
none really, i just had to commute.

Comment – May 4, 2013

This may be true for the department where this person worked. But beware of the Breast Imaging center. It's very fragmented, cutthroat and heavy on the favoritism.

Nice place to work
Radiology Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, Ca.June 16, 2014
Working at Marin General Hospital has taught me new software and applications. I have learned PACS, and Paragon. I was able to learn three different jobs while working here. I started with Mammography reception, then pre-registration, O/P radiology registration. I have started learning file room duties too. I can do any combination of the four positions at any time, many times doing at least two in one day. I have learned to work with many different personality types. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to turn a patients day around. They walk in frustrated and scared, they walk out with a smile which makes me smile. The hardest part of the job is not having any benefits after nearly four years. Also, the commute is difficult.
Pros
job diversity, love the patients
Cons
often missing breaks due to understaffing, no benefits
Great Hospital to Work for.
Billing Clerk/CSR (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAMay 28, 2014
A typical day at work, I maintain the patient's information; reports, income reports and statistic with balancing the daily schedule. Process patient's billing information into their account, answering phone calls and providing patient's and doctors' with patient's test results. Post transaction and data, follow-ups on aging accounts, and performed other duties and responsibilities as needed. Management is structure and available when needed. Some of the co-workers were supportive and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was getting the proper training for the job that I was hired for. The most enjoyable part of the job is the meeting and greeting the people who comes to the hospital for services
Pros
good experience
Cons
lack or training for csr
Just awful place to work.
Central Supply (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAOctober 18, 2012
I worked for this hospital for 4yrs and it was awaful. Employees are treated like they are worthless. Managment treats you as if you are the lowest thing on earth. They play to many head games and are always looking to you for blame. Know matter how hard you work it will never be good enough. You are over worked and the hospital will do it's best to make sure you never get benefits. I wouldn't dare bring my family to this hospital for care. Most employees are unhappy working for Marin General Hospital. Thanks to Marin Generals managment. And lets not forget the BIG CEO.....who does nothing to help.
Cons
do exactly as your told or get out.
Provides exceptional health care services in a compassionate and healing environment.
Staff Nurse, RN II (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJune 25, 2015
Marin General Hospital will be the indispensable provider of health care in Marin, recognized and valued by our community, patients, physicians, and employees for delivering superior clinical outcomes in a sustainable, state-of-the-art facility.
Beautiful place to work
Member of Sutter Group (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAAugust 16, 2013
While working at Marin General Hospital in Greenbrae, CA, I learned how to code hospital based ambulatory charts. After reviewing the record, I assigned ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS codes and input them into an abstracting database. Coding tools used to help with the proper code assignment was 3-M. Management was very supported by assigning me to several quality assurance auditors who reviewed my coding and provided me with daily feedback. My co-workers were very supportive and worked with me while I went through this very important learning curve. They answered my coding questions and provided me with ongoing feedback. The hardest part of the job was transitioning from ambulatory clinical coding to hospital based ambulatory surgical coding. The rules were different, although both were considered ambulatory. For example, applying the hospital approved modifiers, in which some are not applicable to the ambulatory clinical place of service. I enjoyed breathing the fresh air in Greenbrae, CA, the hospital is located in a very beautiful area in Northern California where it snowed and the view is just spectacular. It was a great place to work, and the coding knowledge I gained would allow me the opportunity to code at an even higher level at the VA hospital.
Pros
full employee benefits
Cons
employee parking was a distance from the hospital
Challenging, stimulating with chance for growth
ORN Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAOctober 6, 2014
There are no typical days, every day is different with each case individual. PODs are being created with the same staff every day creating faster turn overs and more continuity of care.

We have inservice every Wednesday where new information is introduced. We have representatives for the major services that are constantly bring in new product.

We do Davinci Robotic cases in GU, General and GYN. This has been a great introduction to our community with fantastic surgeons who specialize in this type of surgery.

The staff are dedicated, mostly with long tenure, being very satisfied in working with this management and organization.

There are always challenges with communication but we have protocols set up for patient safety, our major concern.

The operating room requires skills of quick decision making, organization skills, knowledge in sterile technique, anticipation and knowledge of procedures that create amazing team work. This is the best part of the job when everything runs smoothly and efficiently. A true evidence of team work.
Pros
a beautiful place to work with views from all the windows
Cons
lack of collaboration with staff
Nonsupportive and immature
Staff Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CASeptember 24, 2012
There is a huge lack of communication. Guidelines and rules are meant for some and not others. Must always watch what you say because the walls have ears. What should be a wonderful support group because it is an environment of women taking care of women, is sadly a group of women playing petty games with one another.
The best part of the job is the patients and being able to give them the best care and compassion that they deserve.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
dysfunctional department
Fast Pace Environment
Certified Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJune 25, 2012
Typical day in OBGYN was very fast pace, labor and delivery was always busy, and delivered between 3 to 10 babies daily. I learned the stages of labor, how to perform hearing test, how to scrub for c-sections, and postpartum care for mother and baby. The hardest part was delivering stillborns. the most enjoyable was doing the first baby bath, and getting them ready for the new mother, father and family members.
Pros
aiding in delivery, long breaks, friendly co workers
Cons
extremely busy, long hours, mandated overtime
Refund Clerk
Cash Receipt/Credit Balance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAOctober 15, 2014
Coming to work happy. How read EOB, COB to determine how much refund is due providers and patients. Management was so good, Loved them. My co-workers was so nice, they would leave there work to help you. The hardest part was laid offs that occurred.
I love working with all my co-worker, I had no problems with them in my unit.
Pros
beauiful place to work
Cons
getting laid off
Don't think I can stay here
RN (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 18, 2015
A typical day is working without recognition for any achievements, working 12 hrs+ every day, being treated like garbage by MGH physicians and almost as bad by many employees.
Pros
There is a nice benefit package and parking isn't too bad.
Cons
Way, Too, Many, To, List!
My typical day at work...
Mgr. Centralized Scheduling & Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAMarch 24, 2014
Responsible for Managing the Scheduling and Business Operations for Perioperative services and Diagnostic Imaging.
Functions include oversight of:
Perioperative Business operations and oversight of the Perioperative Business Coordinator;
Charge Capture and auditing of patient charges for the Perioperative, Diagnostic Imaging, and Cardiovascular Services departments.
The Supervision of Transcription services for Diagnostic Imaging.
Development of a centralized Scheduling infrastructure for patients and physicians, across all procedural modalities including Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging, and Cardiac services.
Subject Matter Expert for the Perioperative EHR and Information systems.

Although the scope of my responsibility is broad and diverse, it is the challenge that keeps me passionate about my role. I have learned to appreciate the entirety of the patient experience. From the first phone call after consulting with your primary care physician through all of the challenges coordinating physicians, vendors, products, clinical staff, and the legally required documentation of patient care, and patient billing that make this process seem so daunting and challenging.
I also am reminded daily of the responsibility to my customers, physicians, contracted vendors and my peers and my staff and most importantly my patients. The most enjoyable part of my work experience is seeing this process through and without a flaw, and although I don't often receive much praise for the behind the scenes coordination, the satisfied customer is the patient with the best outcome that my staff and myself
  more... help coordinate.  less
Pros
happy patients & happy doctors
Good co-workers
Patient Care Coordinator, Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 9, 2015
very busy, day went very fast and interacted with great patients, short staffed quite often in Radiology Scheduling department .
Pros
Fast paces
Cons
Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marin General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.