Marin Software Employee Reviews in United States

Small firm with family oriented workers
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2016
I imagined this would of been an all family run business because the accounts were all the same year in year out. I enjoyed being involved with projects that required us to stay longer during the day.
Pros
small business and close relationships with coworkers
Cons
not much management
Learned a lot and worked with a great team
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2016
I worked with a great team and even better manager. Learned a lot about an industry I knew very little about. However, due to cut backs and lay-offs I was let go being the low man on the totem pole.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No Marketing budget so leads to work with - low compensation as well
Account Manager
Account Manager/Ad Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2015
I learned a lot at Marin Software. It is a great place to advance your career. From Account Management to Ad Operations I wore many hats at this company.
Responsible for managing relationships with strategic network agency partners which total over $8M in annual revenue.
Agency Relationship Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2015
Direct contact for agency team leads, senior managers and executives. Vertical expertise in automotive; supporting three of the top global brands. Act as the agency steward and point of escalation while enforcing cross-collaboration between other partners, internal teams and customers. Negotiate contract renewals, service level agreements, and upsell services to current customers. Seek new business opportunities and partner closely with sales. Plan and lead meetings; including office hours, training seminars, business reviews, sales meetings, and relationship-building events.
Pros
Entrepreneurial type of role, travel to great cities, strong name recognition in the industry
Cons
Challenging environment with high turnover of peers and management
Start-up feel, yet a growing company.
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 12, 2015
The managers at this company care for your success.

Working in sales, we had the best tools to feel like you weren't cold calling potential clients.

There isn't a quota on how many people you call, but a quota you have to meet at the end of the month. This quota is based on opportunities that are created by you and increased to 10% after a discovery call.

Aside from work, we get free food consisting of sandwiches, soda, sparkling water, chips, beef jerky, cereal, salad, etc... There's also an espresso machine in the kitchen.

Being in the 816 Congress building, we have access to the 8th floor if you need a smoke break, and the 15th floor terrace in which you can enjoy the view of the capital while you eat your lunch. There is also wifi.
Pros
Free food
Cons
N/A
Productive workplace in a great location
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2015
Everyone is professional and polite. Lots of knowledge and industry expertise across the board from the engineering to the marketing team. Strong teamwork ethic. Goals and performance measurement is more subjective and undefined without a clear communication of company direction as it pertains to specific roles.
Growing Pains
Strategic Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Needs greater direction. Wish they didn't change direction and management so much. Seem to make decisions quickly and reactionary.
Good work culture, technical work.
Software Development In Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  san franciscoJanuary 14, 2015
1. Good work culture,
2. good technical work.
3. Work and family life balance
4. good agile process
5. company is growing
Encouraging environment
Sales Development Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2014
Easy going environment with an open office.
Active and helpful management.
Co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job with everyone being so friendly and approachable.
A great environment to work at
Data Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2014
A great environment to work in with professional people.

Co workers are friendly and fun, but still professional.

I enjoyed the work culture here and learned a lot.
Pros
snacks, lunch
Every day at Marin is different!
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 8, 2014
Cases come in on a queue and we pick them up. Each ticket is a individual case where we troubleshoot a clients issue. I have learned to use the tools we have available, combined with my knowledge of the application, to resolve any problem that a customer may have. Some issues require escalation.

Co-workers make for a unique and fun work place but management strength can vary drastically between teams.

The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the consistent improvements and migrations that different publishers (Google, Bing, FB) implement on their SEM products and services.

The best part of my job is the same as the hardest part of my job. Because the technology is consistently changing, I am constantly learning new tools and processes. This keeps the job exciting and interesting.
Pros
good company culture, consistent learning programs
Cons
inexperienced management, growth oportunities
Genarally a good place to work
Commissions Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2014
I did not stay long enough to be able to give accurate assessment of the company. But, the environments are really nice, the people are good and they also provide all the things you need to keep you satisfied.
A great place and innovative company to work at.
Data Researcher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 7, 2013
I've worked at Marin software for 3 summers as an intern and the employees there were really friendly and professional. I learned so much about the digital advertising space as well as invaluable experience in strengthening my communication skills with other professionals working there. The management is very professional and they understand that we are human and we make mistakes, so they are very patient and emphasizes that everyone is part of a team.The culture there is great and when you work there you get a sense of feeling like you're a part of something great because the business is so versatile because it reaches out and helps out so many customers. Overall, I would recommend this job to anyone who's looking for a challenge career and a great atmosphere to be in.
Pros
free food at company, great wages, mobility to other positions within the company, friendly employees, prime location in downtown san francisco near the embacadero