Marina Del Rey Hospital Employee Reviews

Not up to par
RN (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CANovember 7, 2017
Cedar Sinai purchased Marina Del Rey although they did not change management. The hospital is poorly ran. Nurses do not get paid well. Don't waste your time here. Go to Cedars or UCLA or Providence for a good paying job.
ed
Emergency Room Registration Associate (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CANovember 5, 2017
Work in the ED. Register patients, obtain demographics, verify insurance, collect payments, obtain consent forms signatures, provide and assistance to patients with any questions related.
The hospital is 4 milse from where I live, only takes me 15 min to get to work.
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2017
Nice and easy
I have been introduced to the Epic soft wear system.
I have been under 5 different directors in the department.
The department has a divers group of people,
Learning the new system mistake free.
Once I learned epic it has mad e the work load pleasant.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Having to place vacation request for the entie year in January each year.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 30, 2017
The tele floor and ICU and ED were good places to work. The management when I worked there in 2015 was great. (I've heard it is less great now.) The charge nurses are strong and helpful. The coworkers were generally fun.
Horrible place to work!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 12, 2017
Horrible place to work! Beware other co workers won't help you! Treat you like you are not part of the team, favoritism! Nobody welcomes you, nobody helps, no team work what so ever! ER is the worst place to work for Marina! Beware!
Pros
Food
Cons
The Staff
Very professional
First Semester Nursing Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 1, 2017
Very nice hospital to learn as a nursing student. Staff was very patient in allowing my peers and I to learn as students. This facility is not as big as some other hospitals, but it still was a pleasure to learn from.
Great learning experience.
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 9, 2017
Great hospital to have been a part of. Enjoyed working with smart and hard-working employees, especially the Nutrition Services department. I learned a lot about how a small-scale hospital operates.
learned a lot re claims side
Nurse Auditor Appeals/Documentation Management (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMay 25, 2017
Great boss learned a lot re claim aspect

Hardest part of job getting outside records

Nice people

Appeals for denials

Lots of changes at this time
Pros
quiet office
Cons
dont work together due to upheavel and changes
Emjoyed
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMay 2, 2017
I enjoyed working here at the hospital after high school. It was very good the people was nice and it was in a nice area so everything was good going to work I just had to relocate with my school so it cause me to stop working.
Small Hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMarch 31, 2017
Very nice little Hospital, with a small Emergency dept. The people that worked there was like a small community/ family. Had very bad reviews from Yelp.
Beautiful scene by the Marina
PBX OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJanuary 9, 2017
I loved working at the Hospital. Meeting and enjoying all different types of personality from all over the world. I learned alot from Billing Codes, to Emergency drills, to admitting and etc. Management was great. They gave you what you offered them. My co-workers were amazing and still contact them til this day. Hardest part was seeing families loose other family members. I enjoyed everything working at Marina Del Rey.
Pros
friends, Lunch and seeing celebs.
Cons
watching the ill
Great place to work. Very patient orientated
RN Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed working as the Radiology RN at Marina Del Rey Hospital. Most of the time I was assigned to the Angio Suite monitoring patients undergoing special procedures. I floated to MRI, Nuclear Med and CT to inject contrast, or administer moderate sedation. I also assisted with Treadmills and Cardiac Testing.

The management and coworkers were supportive and professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful staff and physicians. I also enjoyed patient interaction and follow up.

Probably the most difficult part of my job was the long hours and being on call. The commute for me was 45 min to 1 1/2 hours. Eventually it became too long of a commute. I found a teaching position closer to home.
Pros
Great Staff and Physicians
Cons
Commute
Awsome
Microbiology Assistant/ Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Marina Del Rey Hospital is a great place to work. I was able to learn a lot in the micro department. Managment is fair and approachable.
Enjoyable work environment
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMarch 8, 2015
Management did not micro manage my department. I enjoyed going to work everyday. Co-workers were easy to work with. Hospital was in a nice location.
Pros
Would work with me to adjust my work schedule if needed
Cons
Could get quite busy on certain days of the week
Admitting rep
Admitting Representative/ Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CADecember 4, 2014
Admitted in and out patients. Verified patients Demographics and Insurances. Collected Co-Pays and Deductibles. Copied and Filed Patients Documents. Obtained Insurances and
Identifications.
Friendly and professional work place
CNA/Unit Secretary/IT Team Support (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJuly 21, 2014
Depending on my job title for the day... For the most part, easy going and not pushy by supervisors. I learn something new everyday I am there. My supervisor has been one of the best one's I have there. I truly interact with my co-workers at break time, We try our best to help one another. The hardest part of my job is to watch patients in so much pain and the most enjoyable part of my job is make people smile.
Pros
Good variety of "hospital food'.
Cons
Lunch is only 30 minutes with 2 breaks.
Its ok
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Some people make you look bad if you dont do their job. Pay union dues but does reallly have benefits. No raises but more demand.
Pros
free lunches at times
benefits
procductive work place with bonus checks if goal reached
pre admit coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJanuary 23, 2014
my shift was 7 to 3pm verify insurance worked on getting work comp
patients approve for surgery and out patient services I learned to work with others and be a team player management did not help when you would go to them with a problem some of my coworker like to pass the buck the hardest part of my job was doing my work and having to do someone else work to with no help the enjoyable part of my job helping people with there bills and other problems
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
lack of comunication with management
Work environment
Patient Registrar Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CANovember 19, 2013
VERY HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT! Poor training! Dirty! Say they hire full time but make you per firm, no benefits, favoritism, treated very poorly by other employees, employees gossip too much, pick on people. Coworkers are very rude. Ladies in the ER are too concerned about impressing a guy than do their work. No synergy between departments everyone is out for themselves. They do not like to assist each other! HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT!!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Hostile, favoritism, high school games played.
people were nice
Pre-Admot Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CANovember 15, 2013
extremely busy on a daily basis, learned how to teat people twith respect and to show compassion to all, my co-workers were interesting learned how to work with different attitudes without any problems. really enjoyed the employees parties.
Pros
seiu bargaining member
Cons
healthcare not good, negotiating contracts