As the Agency’s Financial Analyst, your focus will be on analysis of a data intensive business, so superior analytical acumen and exceptional command of analytical tools is key in this role. Expert MS Excel skills are mandatory; expert COGNOS administration is also a must; other financial systems and tools knowledge is a plus. The role will require a superb ability to understand financial and business objectives, and communicate findings and insights of your analysis. Additional responsibilities include assisting the Financial Controller and Accounting Manager with the monthly close, parent company reporting, as well as other special projects.
- Financial Software implementation and administration
- Expense and balance sheet account analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Financial reporting
- Working Capital Analysis
- Financial Analysis and Modeling
- Administration of agency financial systems including Cognos and Microsoft Dynamics
- Special Projects
- Proven capabilities in financial accounting, management accounting, financial analysis, financial modeling, planning, forecasting and management reporting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Adept at analyzing large amounts of data, drawing conclusions, and concisely communicating findings
- Excellent time management and able to meet deadlines
- Proactive problem solving capabilities
- Entrepreneurial and team oriented spirit; Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results
- Comfortable in an environment with changing priorities, and competing demands for time
- Minimum 3 years experience in accounting or finance.
- Strong technical skills, with Financial systems and Business Intelligence systems experience important (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics, Hyperion, Cognos etc); financial system implementation experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Experience in a Service Business and project accounting experience preferred