The Marine Conservation Alliance is looking for an Administrative Assistant to be based in Seattle. This is a part time position (three-quarter time) with opportunities for full time advancement depending on available funding and the skills of the applicant. Salary and benefits are competitive.
About the Marine Conservation Alliance
MCA is a broad based coalition of fisheries harvesters, seafood processors, coastal communities, Community Development Quota organizations, and support service businesses involved in the groundfish and shellfish fisheries off Alaska. MCA was formed in 2001 to promote the sustainable use of North Pacific marine resources by present and future generations. MCA supports research and public education regarding the fishery resources of the North Pacific and seeks practical solutions to resource conservation issues. Together, MCA’s membership represents the majority of seafood harvested off the coast of Alaska.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) will be a vital component of a small and highly effective team. You will work closely with the Executive Director in carrying out the day to day administrative functions of the organization as well as working closely with the MCA Board of Directors and the MCA Bookkeeper. You will be the lead individual for general administrative functions, for handling payments and organization dues, and for coordinating receptions and retreats. You will also take the lead on maintaining MCA’s social media channels and in helping the Executive Director to oversee contracts for legal and scientific projects. A list of duties is contained below:
- Implement administrative policies and procedures including budgets, personnel policies, finances and fiscal controls, audits, and reporting.
- Assist Executive Director in managing contractors.
- Draft press releases, maintain social media channels; work with graphic designer and webmaster.
- Maintain reporter contact database.
- Maintain log of articles and other media.
- Compile media program statistics.
- Mailing, filing, deposit checks, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for staff as needed.
- Edit and proof read reports and documents.
- Maintain files.
- Maintain SOP, media correspondence list, and reports distribution.
- Assist with day-to-day budget and financial oversight.
- Review and approve payments, bank reconciliations, and general journals.
- Assist with sponsor dues and invoices.
- Maintain financial files.
- Assist with drafting financial materials for the finance committee and board.
- Draft information for: 990 tax form, audit, 401K management, and budget.
- Assist with annual retreat organization
- Assist with the compilation of retreat packet materials
- Draft Board meeting minutes
- Organize receptions and face to face meetings
- An associate’s degree or higher is required for this position
- 2 to 3 years of prior experience in an administrative support role
- Great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in addition to QuickBooks (or similar accounting software).
- Ability to write succinctly
- Ability to take notes and meeting minutes effectively
- Ability to anticipate tasks ahead of time
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated effectiveness with graphic design and web design a plus
- Familiarity with commercial fisheries is a plus
- Experience drafting grant proposals and handling grant reporting requirements is a plus
If interested, please send a cover letter along with a copy of your resume by February 15