Marine Pollution Control Employee Reviews

Good company to work for.
Safety Officer and Rescue Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 13, 2017
The work assignments where all very difficult and dangerous. We worked a lot of long hours and was on call for emergencies on the weekend. The people I worked with make it all worth while.
Pros
Really nice and fun people to work with
Cons
Health Hazards
Not a place to work if you want constant work
Recovery Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 14, 2016
I have been working here for awhile and notice that there is alot of cheifs compared to indians.
Your co workers can be helpful at times,but when it comes to learning things after initial training is pretty much better watch someone do it or you aint gonna learn it. The company itself seems like its about to close shop seeing as its losing good contracts and it has a few places for you to work during the week and there is alot of times where you feel like you dont even have a job. Dont get me wrong some months you can make great money but the next can be absolute dead.
I went from making 3000 in a month down to 1200 so its very inconvenient if you try to save money or pay for big things or getting a new toy for yourself.
So this company is hit or miss for you unless your a driver but even then itll just be the same stuff each week.
Pros
Per diem and possible travel
Cons
To many to say
clean environment
CHEMICAL SPILL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 27, 2012
good company good coworker room to advance, poor pay. supervisors were informative and good teachers very dedicated to helping the employees grow to gain better careers.
Pros
everything except pay
Cons
pay
45 years providing Environmental Response
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 31, 2012
Strong foundation, Active work schedules multiple projects. Supports Customers and employees alike.
At times a stressful workplace
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 17, 2012
A typical day at work was either cleaning out tanks filled with sludge,from chemicals, and dealing with mpc's supervisors and dispatch, which some supervisors communication skills were terrible. Dispatch(morning shift) did not have a clue on whats going on or how to be a productive dispatcher.
At mpc I learned how environmental work was done.
Management at mpc was horrible because some of the managers wants to try to control your every move, even if someone came with a better idea and the rest of the crew wanted to try it. I have never seen a job where you have so many supervisors and everyone is salary except the ones thats going out in the field.
Co-workers were pleasant to work with majority of the time we all got along on different jobs.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with dispatch because they never went by seniority so that left me in the bull pen while new employees were working constantly.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going out of town.
Pros
per diem
Cons
some supervisors trying to treat you like little kids