Marinello Schools of Beauty

Marinello Schools of Beauty Employee Reviews

Admissions advisor
Senior Admission Advisor (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 12, 2015
A typical day is about making outbound calls and interviewing students interested in starting a career in Cosmetology and Barbering.
no comment
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: discount on product
Cons: none
The school is located in the tenderloin (SF) not a very safe place for anyone. Students fights with instructors, with other students, never know what to expect when you come into work.
upper management was not helfull
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Paramount, CAMay 6, 2015
Management was not helpful and had unrealistic goals. Job stability was non existent. The only good thing was the other staff members
Fun and fresh environment
Student Stylist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: education
Cons: location
They have a very good education, the environment is fresh, fun and the people is very friendly.
It's a great place to go.
The management is very educated and organized.
Bad School
Admission Advisor (Former Employee), Henderson NVMarch 16, 2015
I worked for Marinello for 4 years, I agree that it was the most unprofessional, inconsistent work environment that I have ever worked in. They have no ethics when it comes to students. Their main focus is to herd unsuspected students in with false claims of what a success they are. Once students sign that dotted line they are on their own. I witnessed how dirty and unorganized the campuses were. Many of the instructors are below industry standards. As an Advisor I was constantly badgered on a daily basis about the unpredictable goals of enrolling poor souls that were totally blindsided of what was in store for them. 15-20 students a month was the demanded goal. the graduation rate sucked and rarely did I see students success of landing a job if they did graduate. Most students didn't even take state board certification and when they did could not pass the law version of the test. The area that I worked in was diverse in low to middle income individuals. Marinello took advantage of these students on a daily. I know for a fact that 75% of these students could not afford the monthly payments and they enrolled them anyway. Often I would witness FA reps threatening students if they didn't pay they would be suspended. Marinello does not practice morale policies...Its just sad what the student DO NOT get out of their programs. the cosmetology program runs about 20 thousands dollars coming in the door. most students qualify for pell grants which leaves them about 13-15 thousand to pay back in student loans.....that a lot of money for nothing....Horrible place to work for and not such a great school to attend...Marinello is all about the money!!!!!!!
on going education
freshman instructor (Former Employee), inland empireMarch 14, 2015
Pros: freshman students
Cons: no job security. ...high turn over
I worked for marinello for exactly one year. I was hired on June 3 2013 and was fired June 3 2014. during my time at marinello I had a blast teaching and doing what I love. I never miss one day and I was never late. I always arrive to work at least 15 minutes early I setup my board completely and was ready for my students when they enter my classroom at 530. the reason for my termination was because my director said one of the students felt alienated by me. I took a student and her instructor outside as instructed by upper management, just to have a talked with her letting her know that I would like to be treated with respect. my director told me that the CEO of marinello order her to fire me. I was devastated because I love working for this company obviously I've never missed a day, Plus I love the students. All in all I loved working here to the max, I was devastated when I was fired for being a wonderful instructor, I have moved on to better opportunities this school taught me a lot, but they have no idea how much we sacrifice to work here to turn around and be fired.
a loving work enviorment.
student concierge (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: livley people, awesome workplace
Cons: cheap clients, every appt is on you.
a typical day as a student concierge is answering the phone and making and canceling appointments if so. you would assist any client and keep a smile through out the whole day.
I support the culture of Marinello School of Beauty
Master Educator / Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: continuing education
Cons: overtime unavailable
A typical day at Marinello School of Beauty would be a fun loving environment with a team of professionals that work together to provide a student experience by making each student our priority. As a professional I support Marinellos culture of excellence by upholding the values by maintaining excellent service and professionalism at all times. Marinello provides the tools and resources necessary to build the confidence needed to prepare students for a rewarding career in the beauty industry.

The environment that Marinello creates encourages students to strive for success in practical training and technical instruction that includes haircutting, hairstyling, hair coloring, texturizing, skin care, makeup, nail care, salon management and state board training.

I was fortunate to attend Marinello Teacher Training Program which taught me a lot about myself as a professional, also taught me the difference of individual learning styles. I also I learned a variety of teaching techniques and tools to utilize when conducting a classroom of learners.

My co-workers were professionals that take their job seriously and truly enjoy what they do as Educators working as a team.

The absolute hardest part of my job would be seeing my students graduate out of the program. The most enjoyable part of my job would hands down be also seeing my students move on to be professionals in the industry by receiving their license in the field of Cosmetology and going on to be outstanding, creative, and gainfully employed productive individuals.
Admissions
Sr. Admissions Rep (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: helping change lives
Cons: when they do not complete the program
admissions help recruit students in the field of cosmetology. You help change their lives by guiding them to their career. You get to know everyone and the best part is Graduation.
Greet customers and perform services at the customers' requests such as, cutting, coloring, styling hair, manicuring, pedicuring, and waxing.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), West Covina, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Over all pleasant experience. Learned a lot about the beauty industry but, mostly about customer service. I enjoyed helping customers and making them happy made me feel satisfied as a stylist.
Excellent Opportunity for personal growth
Lead Instructor/Artistic Director (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Excellent company for pushing yourself to your limits. Not only will you obtain many beneficial skills, but establish wonderful connection within in the beauty industry.
Teaching is a rewarding job
Cosmetology Educator (Current Employee), CTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: it's a lot of fun working with young aspiring stylist who are passionate
Cons: inconsistency
Educating adult students in the theoretical and practical aspects of Cosmetology. Preparing students for clinic floor and State Board Exam.

I have learned the art of communication and deligation without having to be overly assertive. lI have become far more organized and have learned to present material effectively.

I love all of my co-workers and we work well as a team.

The most difficult part of my job at this stage is being part of a team without strong leadership, and financially being at a "stand still."

My favorite aspect of my job is my STUDENTS... I enjoy them all and love to watch them grow. I also love working with the clients who come in for services.
Esthetics course
Retail sales (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Learned State board well passed with flying colors.The teachers were great cant say much about the management.
My first love
HAIRSTYLIST INTERN (Former Employee), Paramount, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: 1600 hours
Cons: not licensed
Cosmetology happens to be my very first means of making money. I've been styling hair since i was 11 years old. I became a Professional at the age of 15. Styling hair is how i learned that the world is very competitive for jobs and life experiences.
The people that attended the school were nice and most of them are very successful in their careers. I on the other hand have had difficult times with the now former Director not giving the state the copies of paperwork for me to receive a test date to become licensed.
Unorganized
Regional Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: free services by the students
Cons: pay and corporate
Not really much to say other then this company need total organization. Company is ran like a mom and pop with old cms systems. Waste all day with manual report after report then still have to do a conference call regarding all the information provided.
Had I known!!!!!!!
Management / staff (Current Employee), CaNovember 2, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: profits before people. management will lied to you. don't trust upper management.
Hands down, one of the most underhand company's ever. This company will lie to you. Very unsupportive, fake and will put profits before people. Top management will lay blame on support staff and spin everything. Students are very unhappy at all campuses and corp support is a piece of work. They say they want to inspire people to perform...... when they don't provide the same. Again, had I known I would have never worked here...... STAY AWAY!!!!!!! Very high turn over in all departments throughout California.
inattentive, rude management, messy
Student Cosmetologist (Current Employee), ontatio caOctober 10, 2014
Pros: lots of food places near by
Cons: favoritism, messy, rude staff, unprofessional
i didnt enjoy wotking with marinello as a student cosmetologist
Don't apply. They will hire you and suck your life force.
Instructor (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: made some good friends with a handfull of students. great kids!
Cons: corporation run. only care for numbers. not personal successes. higher ups, if they come in ever, have already heard lies about you and will never give you a chance. in
Gave my all everyday. Was never late or absent. Went home at night drained from my day with the Marinello method...(useless in reality curriculum), a lying, disconnected director, and troubled students. Had a director that showed up when she had the time to be there so she could cater to the "numbers" and students who are disrespectful to staff and other students. Director never had my back and would regularly beat a dead horse...sometimes for hours. She rode my butt constantly. Yet I showed up the next day. District manager was blind to what was happening and when brought to her attention turned it all around on me. Got an incredibly unfair review at 4 months but promised that it would be better next time. I was fired in the long run with no reason given. I knew it was because Iwasnt part of the political click. Go to work for Marinello if you really need a job but look for a better job while you're at it.

PS...My director couldn't hide her lying behavior for long. She got fired shortly after they parted ways with me.
Corrupt! Upper Management no knowledge of the Beauty industry
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Inland EmpireAugust 13, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: upper management, no support, clueless and only wants "new starts"
Corrupt! This place is scam. Only in it for the money $$ They are not interested in educating students. Ran down campus, School Directors are pathetic! Upper management is clueless and only cares about "new starts" $$ (enrollments) the RVP is a dingbat and has no formal knowledge of Cosmetology. The guy is a scam artist. Will hire to fire. Only cares about numbers. DO NOT APPLY! Big waste of time. They do not compensate their employees and ask for 12-16 "new starts" per month. Marinello is not the place to work! Candidates beware! SCAM, Corrupt & a waste of time!
Decent School, great bond with students
Level 3 instructor/manicuring instructor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: fast paced, fun environment
Cons: there is no job security
The location was not so great on the outside but the school was beautiful on the inside.

1 2 3