Marinello Schools of Beauty Employee Reviews

pruductive, reliable, go getter
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Lomita, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Everyday consisted on different work tasks such as providing excellent customer service. I managed the office site by answering and handling paperwork, arranged appointments, and did data entry. Throughout the day, I provided customer service, encouraged upsell, and was always ready to work. I found this employment being a great opportunity in improving my clerical and people skills.
Close to home
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Wonderful opportunity to have and I learned a lot about skin care. The most difficult part of this job was preparing class lessons each day and managing students.

The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing a student advance and take their education seriously.
na
Payroll Manager & Benefits Reconciliation (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 30, 2016
Managed all aspects of $58 million annual payroll for as many as 1,400 employees, hourly, and salaried employees working in over 82 locations throughout 9 states. Administered 24 payroll processes per year. Managed 3 payroll specialists with 0% turnover for 4 years. Assisted in payroll system conversions, designed payroll management system, implemented hourly time card review program, and processed state and federal tax returns, W2s.
Very Professional and caring
Freshmen Day and Night Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Francisci CaJune 21, 2016
Love going to work
Different culture of students
Wonderful
Teat everyone with respect
Dealing with adult students
Watching students achieve their goal and graduate
Productive, fast paced and fun work environment.
Receptionist I (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 23, 2016
Everyday was fast paced and friendly. Management was always on hand to provide help when needed and make the day go smoothly. Most enjoyable about working was the clients who would brighten up everyone's day.
Unique experience
Student Services/ Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 13, 2016
My main responsibility was to help students with an assortment of academic and hands on financial aid eligibility. It was a good and learning experience working at Marinello Schools of Beauty
it was a family oriented business
School Director (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I learned to interact with case managers, lawyers and gain workers. I was also learned to do registrar and admissions work.
One of the Best Companies that I have worked for, saddened by its Closure
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I worked for this company for 9 months as an Outreach Coordinator. My typical workday was to report to my corporate manager of my whereabouts. I was expected to connect with 2-3 high schools or communities each morning, and also conducted educational presentations.
The rest of my day consisted of managing admissions advisors for 12 campuses along with recruiting and mentoring students that were enlisted in the High School completion program.
Great flexibility, I only had one manager to report, he was always readily available and helpful when needed.
Hardest part of the job was traveling to all 12 campuses.
Most enjoyable part was the flexibility in my schedule.

I was saddened and shocked by the sudden closure on the school in 02/2016.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Excessive Driving
A great place to learn and to work at.
Receptionist and Salon Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 14, 2016
Every day I learned something new from my students. The students were either cosmetologists or estheticians. I learned how to style my own hair and what products to use to keep it healthy. I learned what kind of skin products to use especially because I have rosacea. My manager was personable and professional, and he mentored me in the best way possible. I would work for Marinello over and over again.
Director of operations (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2016
The company was full of benefits ands room for growth.
a typical day was 8 hours a day and I've learned a lot including mentoring and leadership skills.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at Marinello was very busy and fast paced

What I learned:Client Rapport ,Chemical & Color knowledge, different styling techniques

Management: Our management team was so hands on they helped us every step of the way

Co-Workers: My fellow student workers were outstanding we feed off each other and we learn from one another such an awesome experience

Hardest Part of the Job: leaving at the end of the day

Enjoyable Part: Knowing I was going to learn something new that day and see a new face and here a new story from my clients
Pros
The experience
Cons
Not enough time in the day
Skin Analysis European Facial Acne Facial/Treatments
Esthetics Student (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 17, 2016
I learned a lot from Marinello. I had a wonderful teacher who always pushed me to do my best. These were my skills
Skin Analysis European Facial Acne Facial/Treatments
High Frequency Aromatherapy Enzyme/Glycolic
Hair Removal Hand/Foot Treatment Make Up Artistry
Galvanic Back Facial Control Correctives
General Office Product Knowledge Receptionist
Fun place to work, little chance to advance
Educator/Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Enjoyable environment to watch people grow and reach personal potential and goals. By working with this company I was able t grow as mentor and a leader.
Not a good workplace
Level on educator (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 6, 2016
I worked for almost 3 years at the school in east Hartford and although I loved what I was doing as far as teaching the students the environment was not good. There was favoritism amongst staff and students.. The directors and mind you I was only there for 3 years ( we had 4 in 3 years) were inconsistent with one exception when I first got hired on.. They bring students in with false hope I was laid off according to them for Lack of Work meaning not enough student.. Lies lies lies I've heard from students former and present to please help them to get haircuts right cuz no one will hire them anywhere.. Most are not even working in the field..
Pros
The students
Cons
The staff
Great position to challenge my skills
Regional Financial Aid Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 22, 2015
I have loved this position! I look at every day as a big puzzle that I have to gather pieces in order to see the big picture. This is my approach to all things involving numbers and research. My co-workers are supportive and have a passion for their industry. The most enjoyable part of my job was multi tasking and helping students realize their dreams and the hardest part was those students I was not able to help.
Productive Day Seeing Student Daily
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 26, 2015
work with prospective student and their parents, inform them of their financial eligibility. Follow up on pass due payments, award student financial aid according to their academic year. Audit Files, Answer financial aid questions on a day to day basis.
Pros
Helping student with thier career goals
Cons
Sometimes sitting all day
Beauty school
Student (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 17, 2015
We would have class for the majority of the day unless scheduled with clients, whom we would practice operations on. We would practice for state board incessantly for our license.
Pros
hands on experience
Cons
mediocre education
Students had fun working with me.
Cosmetology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MANovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed teaching the students and watching them gain confidence. I loved being in a busy salon. I set up job lists for students to keep the hair clinic clean. Keep inventory updated. I was well liked by the students and they show much respect for my experience in the beauty industry.
Cons
No breaks
Over all is good school
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bell, CAOctober 26, 2015
Company have their own teaching method, provided teachers with advance education.for teacher to utilized in classes.
Pros
This company is like prize in McDonald every city has one.
Cons
There is no loyalty to their staff.
Great program!
Licensed esthetician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 24, 2015
Marinello Schools of Beauty gives you the tools and prepare you for the workforce. It was an excellent learning environment. The teaching staff was top-notch.
Pros
hands-on experience
Cons
wish they offered the master esthetics program at the Burbank location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marinello Schools of Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7