Marinello Schools of Beauty Employee Reviews in United States

Director of operations (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2016
The company was full of benefits ands room for growth.
a typical day was 8 hours a day and I've learned a lot including mentoring and leadership skills.
One of the Best Companies that I have worked for, saddened by its Closure
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I worked for this company for 9 months as an Outreach Coordinator. My typical workday was to report to my corporate manager of my whereabouts. I was expected to connect with 2-3 high schools or communities each morning, and also conducted educational presentations.
The rest of my day consisted of managing admissions advisors for 12 campuses along with recruiting and mentoring students that were enlisted in the High School completion program.
Great flexibility, I only had one manager to report, he was always readily available and helpful when needed.
Hardest part of the job was traveling to all 12 campuses.
Most enjoyable part was the flexibility in my schedule.

I was saddened and shocked by the sudden closure on the school in 02/2016.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Excessive Driving
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at Marinello was very busy and fast paced

What I learned:Client Rapport ,Chemical & Color knowledge, different styling techniques

Management: Our management team was so hands on they helped us every step of the way

Co-Workers: My fellow student workers were outstanding we feed off each other and we learn from one another such an awesome experience

Hardest Part of the Job: leaving at the end of the day

Enjoyable Part: Knowing I was going to learn something new that day and see a new face and here a new story from my clients
Pros
The experience
Cons
Not enough time in the day
If you have any passion for the Industry..STAY AWAY from this place
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 4, 2015
The company and management only care about numbers and $$. With that being said, students are given false expectations of the curriculum therefore the teachers will never meet their expectations. There is no support from management whatsoever and If there are complaints, it falls on you. Part time employees are given no benefits, sick days or paid holidays. And most teachers are either part time or temps. Teachers are suppose to be an integral part of the educational systems, so I thought. The company has such a hgh turnover, I was there one year and witnessed 5 instructors come and go and 4 receptionists come and go. That says a lot!! When a company can't keep dedicated, inspired and educated employees on board, its because they don't care to. Most of the employess are very gossipy and completely unprofessional and are not the image of a Succesful Working Hair Stylist/Esthetician/Barber/Nail Artist that students aspire to be. Some of the students can be inspiring but to be honest, more than half of them are lost souls and are not dedicated to the program. That can make it dificult.
Pros
Benefits for fulltime employees
Cons
unprofessionalism from upper management
Not a good workplace
Level on educator (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 6, 2016
I worked for almost 3 years at the school in east Hartford and although I loved what I was doing as far as teaching the students the environment was not good. There was favoritism amongst staff and students.. The directors and mind you I was only there for 3 years ( we had 4 in 3 years) were inconsistent with one exception when I first got hired on.. They bring students in with false hope I was laid off according to them for Lack of Work meaning not enough student.. Lies lies lies I've heard from students former and present to please help them to get haircuts right cuz no one will hire them anywhere.. Most are not even working in the field..
Pros
The students
Cons
The staff
A great place to learn and to work at.
Receptionist and Salon Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 14, 2016
Every day I learned something new from my students. The students were either cosmetologists or estheticians. I learned how to style my own hair and what products to use to keep it healthy. I learned what kind of skin products to use especially because I have rosacea. My manager was personable and professional, and he mentored me in the best way possible. I would work for Marinello over and over again.
Productive Day Seeing Student Daily
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 26, 2015
work with prospective student and their parents, inform them of their financial eligibility. Follow up on pass due payments, award student financial aid according to their academic year. Audit Files, Answer financial aid questions on a day to day basis.
Pros
Helping student with thier career goals
Cons
Sometimes sitting all day
Skin Analysis European Facial Acne Facial/Treatments
Esthetics Student (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 17, 2016
I learned a lot from Marinello. I had a wonderful teacher who always pushed me to do my best. These were my skills
Skin Analysis European Facial Acne Facial/Treatments
High Frequency Aromatherapy Enzyme/Glycolic
Hair Removal Hand/Foot Treatment Make Up Artistry
Galvanic Back Facial Control Correctives
General Office Product Knowledge Receptionist
Unique experience
Student Services/ Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 13, 2016
My main responsibility was to help students with an assortment of academic and hands on financial aid eligibility. It was a good and learning experience working at Marinello Schools of Beauty
Very Professional and caring
Freshmen Day and Night Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Francisci CaJune 21, 2016
Love going to work
Different culture of students
Wonderful
Teat everyone with respect
Dealing with adult students
Watching students achieve their goal and graduate
Great position to challenge my skills
Regional Financial Aid Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 22, 2015
I have loved this position! I look at every day as a big puzzle that I have to gather pieces in order to see the big picture. This is my approach to all things involving numbers and research. My co-workers are supportive and have a passion for their industry. The most enjoyable part of my job was multi tasking and helping students realize their dreams and the hardest part was those students I was not able to help.
Did I mention school is open 8:30am-10:30pm?
School Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 3, 2013
It's such an amazingly dynamic and fun industry to work in, but Marinello has a LONG way to go to hire and retain top talent. Although, there are always people coming and going and great opportunity for advancement - as far as the training you receive upon being promoted? Sink or swim approach, no training provided, figure out as you go.

High turn-over, new faces every day.

Did I mention school is open 8:30am-10:30pm? You might just sleep there and do it all over again the next day. LONG hours and very minimal salary increases (it feels like a joke sometimes to see your paycheck go up by 2 dollars).

It's a great company if you are passionate about the beauty industry and are able to figure out things as you go. School Directors, you'll be EXPECTED and held accountable for admissions, financial aid, education, placement, pass rates, completion, facilities, student services, attrition, compliance, salon budget oh and of course 100+ students (all girls that PMS ALL at the same time) FUN fun fun!
Pros
fun industry, great career advancement opportunities, unstructured management, full benefits
it was a family oriented business
School Director (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I learned to interact with case managers, lawyers and gain workers. I was also learned to do registrar and admissions work.
Fun place to work, little chance to advance
Educator/Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Enjoyable environment to watch people grow and reach personal potential and goals. By working with this company I was able t grow as mentor and a leader.
Students had fun working with me.
Cosmetology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MANovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed teaching the students and watching them gain confidence. I loved being in a busy salon. I set up job lists for students to keep the hair clinic clean. Keep inventory updated. I was well liked by the students and they show much respect for my experience in the beauty industry.
Cons
No breaks
Overall good rating
Regional Admissions Manager (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 28, 2015
Good Company to work for, however job security is lacking, one never knows when they will laid-off...There was a 30% of workforce reduction recently
Beauty school
Student (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 17, 2015
We would have class for the majority of the day unless scheduled with clients, whom we would practice operations on. We would practice for state board incessantly for our license.
Pros
hands on experience
Cons
mediocre education
Great program!
Licensed esthetician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 24, 2015
Marinello Schools of Beauty gives you the tools and prepare you for the workforce. It was an excellent learning environment. The teaching staff was top-notch.
Pros
hands-on experience
Cons
wish they offered the master esthetics program at the Burbank location
Extremely experienced in Sales and Customer Service. Love to work with people, punctual and reliable.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 14, 2015
While at work I always set goals for myself and strive to reach them. While working at Nordstom, as a department manager I learned many skills. Delegating, coaching, learning something new everyday. The most challenging part of any job is not reaching your goals, personally and of the company. As an Admission Adviser for Marinellos Schools of Beauty I loved working with potential students to enroll. Also I'm very experienced in making outbound and incoming calls.
Pros
Gratis, discounts, being part of a great company.
Cons
When the people you work with are irresponsible.
Over all is good school
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bell, CAOctober 26, 2015
Company have their own teaching method, provided teachers with advance education.for teacher to utilized in classes.
Pros
This company is like prize in McDonald every city has one.
Cons
There is no loyalty to their staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marinello Schools of Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.