Mariner Finance Employee Reviews

Mariner Finance
Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoyed working for this company. I left to expand my opportunities. The work environment was great and the benefits are awsome
Good place to start, upper management isn't so good
Sales Finance Processor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJuly 6, 2017
I really loved working at HQ it was great everything was laid back, management was good, there were advancement opportunities, and they had employee involvement cookouts and stuff. But as I maid friends there I saw some people were working really hard and the pay wasn't the best and some departments worked 50-60 hours and they were getting paid less than 40,000 a year.
A good place to learn the consumer finance business
CSR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2017
Not much good to say about this company. Some people do well in this environment. Check your conscious at the door....it's not required .
There are some good people who work for this company, but they become conflicted by the greed of upper management. This company is an example of what is wrong with corporate America.
Pros
local branches employ good employees, small offices
Cons
what have you done for me lately!!!!! this is thier mantra.
Terrible to work with
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 4, 2017
Bought out offices in nc let all previous employees go .Went thru 3 managers in a year had no respect for employees previuos company security finance took care of employess and had better customer service and made moremoney
Terrible company
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 29, 2017
You work a lot of saturdays and can't get over time they make you comp your time during the week on short notice. They also give little vacation time.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
short breaks
Productive/lacked communication from management
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 22, 2017
The higher ups lacked the skills needed to build morale within each office. The hardest part of the job was giving loans out to people who had a very low income level with no means to pay the loan back. On top of that the loans have a really high interest rate at that. The customers were not very fond of the companies payment options.
Pros
good insurance benefits
Cons
poor management
June 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is incredibly valuable as we always look to improve and grow as an organization. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience during your time with us and would like to hear more as we are always looking to learn from experiences that may help us improve. Mariner Finance takes compliance with all state and federal laws very seriously and we work hard to foster a positive, inclusive, and customer-focused culture where employees are encouraged to achieve their potential.

Your feedback is important to us and we would appreciate you reaching out to us at contactsus@marinerfinance.com with any additional information that may help us promptly identify and address any instances of inconsistent or inappropriate behavior.

Hmmmm
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 12, 2017
I rather not post anything right now bring that I still work there. Retaliation is real in the work force. There are good days and bad days. Do your work and the best you can to meet quotas.
June 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. Mariner Finance works hard to foster a positive, inclusive, and customer-focused culture where employees are encouraged to achieve their potential. We are sorry to hear that your experience did not measure up to our standards.

Your feedback will be shared with our management team, so we can continue to learn and grow as a company. If there is anything else you’d like to share, we encourage you to contact the Human Resources Department.

Profit > People
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJune 6, 2017
I have been working at Mariner for a few years now; I like the people I work with and the location is wonderful. I have grown to dislike having irregular hours (Tuesdays are until 7 pm) as it interferes with home life. The pay is much lower than comparable positions with other companies, and there is NO incentive program--there is really little enticement for anyone to do better than mediocre. There is little to no room for advancement in many departments. As the company grows--and it has been growing a lot!--new branches are not being given full training on policy and procedure, and some of the support teams are not given all of the necessary information on state guidelines before being expected to assist new branches.

There is not enough parking at HQ in Maryland for all employees, leading to some people having to park at the shopping center across the street which can also be crowded.

The insurance options are not impressive. The computer systems we use are unreliable. Many of us simply do not feel heard or appreciated, particularly when so many company-wide emails go out telling us all how GREAT things are going. If we are all doing well, then we all should benefit.

This hasn't been a *bad* job, necessarily, but there is a lot of room for improvement--starting with better pay for employees if they want to attract and retain the best possible people.
Pros
location, coworkers
Cons
hours, pay, benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNMay 30, 2017
Mariner Finance is a good environment to work in. All the employees get along and the management is great. The workplace culture is very diverse. Its an easy job if youre a fast learner.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short breaks
June 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback to our potential applicants to show our team atmosphere and diverse culture.

If you have anything else to share, please contact the Human Resources Department.

Opportunity for growth
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 25, 2017
Company is growing quickly. If you are willing to relocate you can go very far in this company. Managers are typically great with understanding work/life balance and surprise events.
Pros
Great 401k match. Understanding when dealing with personal and family emergencies.
Cons
Forced to work select Saturdays, no additional pay.
June 9, 2017

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback which informs our potential applicants about our work-life balance. Weekend work is required at points to offer a better experience for our customers, but we want to assure you that we follow all Federal, State and Local laws.

Want to know more about Mariner Finance?

Ask a question
not my cup of tea
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  NCMay 10, 2017
Finance is never an easy job but the inconsistency, the last min working over or working saturdays that is basically a punishment, the constant hovering of having to make sure everything is perfect or you get in trouble. I am definitely looking elsewhere.
Pros
Pays good
Cons
Upper management, Inconsistent, not a 9-5 job
June 9, 2017

Thank you for your review. Mariner Finance works hard to foster a positive, inclusive, and customer-focused culture where employees are encouraged to achieve their potential – and we’re sorry to hear that your experience did not measure up to our standards.

New company that is going places in lending industry
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2017
I enjoy working at Mariner Finance- We are part of something new in Texas as Mariner is new in the state but is in a total of 22 States.I have been at Mariner Finance for one year and I have recommended several employees for hire and they are also very happy to be at Mariner Finance.
June 9, 2017

Thank you for your review. We really enjoyed reading about how your referrals are enjoying their new work environment, especially in our newer markets. We appreciate your feedback which also informs our potential applicants how this is a great place to work where there is an opportunity for continued growth and expansion.

Lots of changes
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 2, 2017
Started there as an intern and things changed very rapidly from there. The company grew from a small regional finance company to a mid size finance company across half the country. Helped open a new market for them but the expectations waiting for licenses to do business were extremely unclear even when asked directly for them.
June 9, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you informing our potential applicants about the advancement opportunities and nationwide growth.

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDApril 18, 2017
A typical day at Mariner was for the most part very pleasant. It was a competitive but fair and fun. The training could have been better, because in the Mortgage Sales, especially for the CSA, you were pretty much put in a sink or swim position. Because of the lack of formal training, the turnover was high and not fair for most who didn't know the refinance business.
Pros
Really good food
Cons
lack of training and fair incentives
May 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you providing our potential applicants with a realistic view of the normal work day within our Mortgage Department. The feedback you provided on our training is also appreciated.

We continually strive to improve our processes and our management teams will be made aware of your feedback. If you have anything else to share, please email contactus@marinerfinance.com

Productive and Professional
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2017
As an intern, my typical day at work was data entry. The workplace was very professional and the most enjoyable part of my job was the flexible hours.
May 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. Having a former intern leave a review is AWESOME! We really appreciate you informing our future college/university student applicants about the flexible learning experience they would receive at Mariner Finance.

If there is anything else you would like to share, please email contactus@marinerfinance.com

very stressful place to work at
confidencial (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 7, 2017
they dont really care about their employees, they only care about their pockets been full. They took off all the Bonus , they only once in a while trow something like a month type of bonus but makes it so difficult to achieve, only the employees up north would get it. When they took over Sunbelt Credit promised us nothing will change and that we wont take a pay cut, and thats the 1st thing happened, they stop paying the health insurance and took away the cost of living. They didnt re adjust the pay, we all got a cut big time. Little by little they start replacing our jobs with people that they already been with the company since the company was up north now they are in Florida, they all want to move down here.
Pros
40 hrs
Cons
no bonus, no compesation
May 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. Not feeling valued in your current position with us is very unfortunate. We strongly encourage you to bring this issue to your manager or Human Resources.

If you’d like to discuss it in more detail please do not hesitate to reach out to the Human Resources Department.

The Most Unprofessional Environment I've Ever Worked!
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 25, 2017
The manager in my office was despicable. She and the assistant manager used profanity everyday as their regular vocabulary. They made fun of customers; text all day; used company time to run personal errands and treated staff like children. From my personal experience; I would never recommend this company. I complained about the toxic environment to the direct upper management who of all the nerve was arrogant and did absolutely nothing to correct the problem. I felt compelled to quit after only 3 months on the job. What a waste of my time. If you enjoy working for tyrants who bully you to make collection calls; then this is the place for you. Good Luck!
Pros
n/a
Cons
toxic environment; low pay
May 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is incredibly valuable as we always look to enhance, improve, and grow as an organization. Our commitment to provide high quality service to our customers and asking our managers to provide a positive example for their staff to follow is one of our top priorities.

We’re sorry to hear that your experience did not measure up to those standards. We want to assure you that your comments will be shared with our leadership team. If there is anything else you’d like to share, please email contactus@marinerfinance.com.

If you want to clean up for someone else take this job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MDMarch 22, 2017
Expectations are way too high for the amount of work you have to do. This part of the financial buisness isnt for everyone. No real training, you have to learn on your own. If you don't learn within the first month how to do everything prepare yourself to look like a fool cause thats how they treat you. The only reason there is always a place to be promoted is because people don't stick around, if that doesn't tell you how bad this company is I don't know what does...
Pros
Fast pace
April 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is incredibly valuable as we always look to enhance, improve, and grow as an organization. These types of reviews are very important for our growth and improvement and we really appreciate your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience did not measure up to our standards and want to assure you that your comments will be shared with our leadership team.

Comfortable environment to work in
Maintenance Coordinator/ Technician (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMarch 19, 2017
A typical day at work is following up on emails in the morning, look at my tasks at hand for the day, and then prioritize them. I then execute as many of them as a can with the time given. All is subject to change depending on management and what else they require of me. I have acquired more skills associated with building maintenance and have become better at problem solving. Management is mediocre. They are very indecisive and do not stick to chain of command. Employee's are very friendly and get along well. The hardest part of my job is having to re-do tasks due to management changing their minds frequently. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. I have made good friendships over the years working at Mariner Finance.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No available over-time
April 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. Team work is an important piece of Mariner Finance’s culture, and we love to hear that your enjoy working with your team! With continued growth, the processes, structure, and culture are being analyzed to benefit our customers and employees.

We will use this feedback to enhance the existing relationships we have with our employees and management teams. If there is anything else you’d like to share, please contact the Human Resources Department.

Not the greatest
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2017
Mariner can be great for some but not others. Pay plan could have been better to drive LO's to do more. Leads could have been better. Management help was great where it wasn't need and lacked where it was.
April 7, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mariner Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9