Marion County Employee Reviews in United States

Good work on behalf of the local community
Tobacco Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2016
The Minority Health Coalition of Marion County is an organization with outdated leadership and outdated tools for the 21st century. The board members are ineffective with helping with the mission of the organization.
Pros
Co-workers are the best! Freedom to be creative to get the job done
Cons
No health insurance, lack of leadership
Fun and exciting work environment
CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 30, 2015
Every day as a camp counselor was fun, exciting and fast paced. I learned that communication is a key part to getting a day's work done, and that no matter how fast paced things may be, patience is always key when it comes to working with children. My manager was an amazing person who was a great coordinator. My co-workers were all fantastic people who loved to work with kids and enhance summer experiences. The hardest part of my job was that the land had many hills and it could sometimes be hard on my body, but the children helped keep me going. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was making a positive difference in my Camper's lives and making their week at summer camp a remember-able one.
Pros
Fun, free meals, free water.
Cons
None.
Enjoyable Work Environment
County Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, GeorgiaDecember 23, 2015
My typical day was pleasant. My coworkers, for the most part, were qualified and capable. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with constitutional officers. The most enjoyable part of my job was the small town atmosphere and dealing with the community of Marion County.
Pros
Small town atmosphere
Cons
Political Drama
Learned alot at this job
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2015
I would do data entry, pull files for court, talk to Attorneys & public answering questions. Answer Phones, Fax, Copy, Enter data entry regarding the cases as they come out of the courtroom.
Pros
Loved this type of work
Cons
Very young boss sided with certain people
Productive and nice environment
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 20, 2015
All the jobs that i have had were wonderful. They just wasn't consistent with job hours and wages. But it was a great way to interact with people and students.
Pros
Teaching Students and meeting new people.
Cons
Healthcare, raises, and 401k
What I learned....
Staff Assistant III (Current Employee) –  2232 NE Jacksonville Road, Ocala, FLSeptember 16, 2015
I never realized how much is going on at the Southeastern Livestock Pavilion and Extension Auditorium until I began working there. It is insane how many individuals I talk to on the phone, in person or social media about their interest in utilizing one of the venues. It has been a pleasure meeting each person and helping them have a successful event. The Staff is amazing!
Pros
People I work with....very dedicated and committed
Cons
Salary
Genuine, loyal, friendly
4-H Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 15, 2015
I always arrive at work at least five - ten minutes early to ensure I am prepared when customers arrive.
The most enjoyable part off my job is when I am successful.
The hardest part of my job is when things do not go as planned and I feel responsible.
I have always gotten along well with my co-workers including my bosses.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of funding
Interesting work as the story unfolds.
Title Agent (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 10, 2015
Research and report of findings in court house records in determining percentage of ownership between individuals as passed down through time from their ancestors.
Pros
Freedom, Discipline, Motivation
Cons
Competition for the books
Research and Market developer
Research Assistant/ market developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 10, 2014
As a research analyst and market developer I gathered information and conducted research, found appropriate target audience and completed fact finders. I attended weekly meeting and during those meetings we discussed previous goals and objectives I created. From the information I gathered through my research I than proposed solutions to improve health issues and marketing strategies to get the information out.
A wonderful work experience
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 1, 2013
I had a wonderful time working for Marion County 911 Center. I was able to give back to my community and help people in need. It was an experience I will never forget.
Pros
i got to help the community
Cons
some emergency calls can be depressing.
It was a fun 15+ years of working with dedicated people
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 28, 2013
I had a great learning experience working in Elections. The co-workers were dedicated, hardworking and made the sometime long hours enjoyable.
Political bureaucracy extraordinaire
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 10, 2013
It starts at the top -- one expectation is voiced but in reality that is NOT what is wanted or expected. Your hands are tied and restrictions abound. But the benefits are great -- good ole public sector richness.
Pros
health insurance for employee and family at no cost!
Cons
management overall is poor
a learing experiance
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYDecember 14, 2012
productive & a learning experiance. learned how to maintain a kitchen & cook proper meals.
Medical foster care
DHS Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 22, 2012
I worked along side doctors, lawyers, and case workers to care for and advocate for the little children I cared for. Most children I cared for were only a few days old and going through withdrawls.
Pros
home environment
Cons
politics
Protectivity
Director (Current Employee) –  Mullins, SCOctober 22, 2012
A typical day at work for me is to find out what happened with Inmates over the course of a night. Giving advise to Officers as to how to handle situation to insure that we are within proper procedures according to policies and procedures of the Marion County Detention Center, Marion County policies, and State laws. To insure that there is enough personell to handle the everyday operations of the Detention Center.
Good place to work in the day
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 16, 2012
I worked for MCSO for 5 years and it was a wonderful work environment with very committed people.