Marion General Hospital Employee Reviews

Dependable
Certified Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 24, 2017
I have worked here a long time no real complaints other then lack of raises. It can be a great place to work, you should take advantage of any educational benefits to upgrade yourself.
Busy, busy, busy
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Marion OhioOctober 20, 2017
Taking on average of 400 inbound calls for hospitals, doctors, etc. in and 8 hour period. Plus half as many outbound. Also faxing, paging and taking emergency calls.
Pros
pto hours and shift pay differential.
Cons
stressfull
Very stressful at times, fast paced,
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 19, 2017
I am a 25 yr employee. I work in the insurance department. I bill indiana medicaid. Very stressful at times. Billing medicaid is hard work . You must keep up on bulletins newsletters working with providers.
Pros
Steady job.
Cons
Stressful
Very high paced, good teamwork, good workplace environment
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 7, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time at Marion general. We were a well oiled machine when it came to teamwork, helping each other with tasks, and keeping up with the high pace environment.
Pros
1 30 minute break and 2 15 minute breaks for 12 hour shifts
Cons
Very strenuous hours
loved the job wish i did not have to relocate
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 5, 2017
having to relocate ruined an awesome job/career. The job was rewarding and fun. The position allowed for advancement and further education. I wish the relocation thing did not have to happen.
Pros
all around awesome job!
Marion General Hospital
Social Services Director (Former Employee) –  Marion, INSeptember 27, 2017
I learned a lot at Marion General Hospital that has advanced me to the job I have today. I made lifelong friends with old co-workers and valued what I learned at this facility. A typical day was very busy.
Great place to learn.
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Marion, INSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at MGH. New management came in towards the end of my career there. Management expected different things from employees than we had seen in the past. Instead of teaching us or at least explaining what he expected, he simply got you fired! Several people were placed on suspension, pending an investigation. Employees were then fired or resigned to prevent termination. It was sad. Some people had worked there between 25 and 35 years.
Pros
Busy service. I learned a lot.
Cons
Basic role, assisting all medical teams
Technologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Short term position during college that involved assisting patients as they moved within the hospital. The position was simple and temporary, acclimating me to the healthcare setting.
Pay needs to be more competitive
Staff (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 23, 2017
Good people and good management; but they need to be more competitive with their salary. It can be stressful because one can easily can get in trouble for mistakes which doesn't foster innovation or thinking outside of the box. Could promote a better team environment between departments.
Salary or pay
Specialist and Education (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 31, 2017
It is often stated that MGH is competitive with its pay scale, but I find that I have worked here going on 9 years and have increased $2 in all that time. There are bonuses, but they are not guaranteed, and the pay raises are not based on performance or level of experience or education. Jobs require a high school diploma, but the requirements do not match this. The ability to advance is not available in my position or the other position I held before.
Nice place to work. Everyone is down to earth and friendly.
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MS.July 29, 2017
The people there are very nice. They are very friendly and very compassionate about their coworkers. It's a laid back setting at times, but it has its moments.
My review
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHJuly 10, 2017
Great environment to work, everyone works as a team. You can have slow days or really busy days. I love taking x-rays and having people who help one another. It makes for a great place to work.
Amazing staff
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJune 29, 2017
MGH serves a lower SES community. It's the only ER in the area, so we have a large patient population which makes it busy. The staff is incredible. The experience is great. And the management really cares.
fast pace
LPN (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJune 27, 2017
very fast pace work. had three medical floors. surgery floor. cardiac floor.labor and delivery floor. er and icu. always something happening there. gain a lot skills there.
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
poor management
Need better management
Staff RN (Telemetry) (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 1, 2017
Really enjoyed working with the patients in there home but it was some times hard to overlook all the pet and having to deal the being in a smoking environment.
Great work environment
Staff RN Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Marion, INMay 13, 2017
MGH is a wonderful place to work. This is evidenced by the many long term employees that are employed there- myself included! Staff are very willing to help each other during the course of a shift. Caring for pts. in the hospital can be very challenging, but our reward in L&D comes when we welcome a new member into the families that come to MGH for are.
MGH is a Magnet facility, which is a distinction earned for Nursing- this makesit an even more desirable employer for Nurses!
Family Atmosphere
Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MSMay 12, 2017
Small hospital, but has a family-like atmosphere. Management was wonderful in being flexible with working schedules. Being able to provide patient care one-on-one without the hassle of an understaffing as in larger hospitals.
teamwork/pay
Med-Surg/Telemetry Charge Nurse and ICU Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MSMay 10, 2017
It is a great environment to work. Employees there are more like family than coworkers. Unfortunately the health insurance is not the best and the pay is very low.
Pros
great enviorment, excellent teamwork, amazing coworker, flexible schedule, great place to learn new skills.
Cons
pitiful pay, terrible benefits
I worked with a wonderful group of nurses
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 4, 2017
I would assist nurses with caring for all the patients on the unit. I would help patients with all their needs. I loved only working three 12 hour days a week. The hardest part was working overnights.
Pros
Working 3 days a week
Cons
3rd shift
Fun place to work
Pediatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, INApril 8, 2017
Meeting new people everyday was the best.

Can have a soap-opera like environment, especially the ER

Not the best at communication with each other about patient care