Marion General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Hospital work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 21, 2016
Mgh is a fun environment to work in although I only worked temporarily. I enjoyed working with the nursing staff and doctors on different floors. This was a wonderful learning experience for me. The opportunity to continue education is wonderful and the staff is great
Great Hospital
Nutrition Technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 9, 2016
The hospital is a great place to work they have excellent people that also work there and great customer services to the patients.
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 6, 2016
Good establishment. Good place to work even if you are starting out. I get along with all my co- workers. Very fulfilling job.
No opportunity for advancement
CHARGE TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 3, 2016
Great coworkers. Management is oblivious to employee contribution to quality patient care. No advancement opportunities. Changes have been made in management and things are starting to get better.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 22, 2016
3:1 patient to nurse ratio typically
Fast paced
Team Oriented
Equal opportunity work place
Opportunity for lots of overtime
IT team needs additional staff 4 System Techs and 1 Network Tech for 2000 plus users
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 10, 2015
A typical day at MGH is anything but typical. The IT department
is in extremely high demand with limited staffing resources. However with the influx of day to day user request ranging from the simplest password resets and user preference requests to deploying new equipment and critical systems down leaves very little time to focus on specific specialties.
Pros
free meals from time to time and free employee health screenings once a year
Cons
Numerous meetings, life / work balance
Fun Place to Work Bad Management
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 30, 2015
Overall good work environment the people are all very nice and do their best to make it a fun place to work. However they are terrible with scheduling and often don't schedule enough people so then your stuck doing other peoples jobs as well as your own and just requires to much out of you physically and personally I haven't had one weekend of even one day off on the weekend in 4 months and i work 13-14 hour shifts so it gets really annoying not being able to have a life on the weekends.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
management and scheduling
Great hospital to gain excellent nursing experience!
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 26, 2015
Marion General Hospital was a great place for me to gain nursing experience as a student nurse. Regardless of where I floated to throughout the facility, I was treated with respect. The Physicians at MGH were extrmely open to educating those with an interest to take a step further to ask a question or share a concern. Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Marion General and would recommend MGH to both patients and potential employees.
Mgh
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work. Great co workers. Team work. Not being able to save a patient is the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable is saving a patient or making them laugh in a scary situation.
Pros
40 minute lunch
Cons
no breaks just 40 minute lunch, ten minutes to get your food and 30 minutes to eat.
The best first job
Radiology Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Marion, INSeptember 20, 2015
Working at webbs furniture was an amazing oppurtunity. Not only did I learn alot of life lessons but the co-workers and my bosses are still some important people in my life 2 years later.
Pros
Discounts on items in store
Cons
NOTHING

Want to know more about Marion General Hospital?

Ask a question
A typical day is always being observant of my surroundings and constantly working towards perfection.
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 13, 2015
The hardest part of the job is seeing others in pain.I am consistant with my everyday work duties because I am my work and actions speak volumes.
Pros
Helps you value life more knowing that you are only a heartbeat away.
Cons
Don't pay enough for the education you are required to have for the jobs they offer.
Very driven for patient care
Computer Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 25, 2015
Marion General has a fantastic staff and provides excellent care to their patients. The hospital is current on technology and also part of a large healthcare network.
Too much Drama and everyone is not treated equally
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 12, 2015
I did not like working for MGH. I did Enjoy working at the Smith Clinic till they were sold to MGH and then OHIO health. Lots of stress.
Good
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 10, 2015
This ED is busy, does well for an independent hospital. I liked it here and the staff is great. Paid well. Should expect that there are a lot of new grads here, but older staff know what they are doing.
Pca
Assist Nursing and Physician's (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 9, 2015
Went to patients rooms every morning making sure they had ice water, boards and goals changed on patient boards. Took Vitals, Glucose before feedings and assisted patients getting up and walking.
Pros
One on One patient interaction
Cons
Getting assistance from Nurses
Productive and fun co-workers
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 19, 2015
I scanned patient files all day long. Could get tedious when the scanner wouldn't work right but my co-workers made it fun.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
It was only temporary
fast paced setting
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Marion, INMarch 6, 2015
Great place to work. co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Very fast paced. Very stressful at times. Nursing Staff really cares about their patients. Patients and their families are treated as family
Pros
good work environment
Cons
n/a
Good team to work with, minimal room for advancement
Imaging Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 25, 2015
Serve as RIS/PACS operating system expert, providing technical support for entire organization.
Provide senior technical support to both in-house staff and user departments for RIS/PACS software.
Monitor HL7 interfaces between the RIS (Radiology Information System) and the HIS (Hospital Information System).
Manage Cardiology reporting software (Xcelera) and worked closely with vendor during new software implementation in
fall of 2014.
Use Cisco VPN Client to remotely support end users.
Great Job
Quality System Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Best job that I had great team players - Great outcomes - good balance of work and home. I would still be there if I didn;t have a long commute.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long commute
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 20, 2015
Can be busy at time's with high patient volume. Have a good team that i work with that help each other out. I like staying busy at all times make's the day go by faster.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marion General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Marion General Hospital Reviews by Location