Marion General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

No opportunity for advancement
CHARGE TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 3, 2016
Great coworkers. Management is oblivious to employee contribution to quality patient care. No advancement opportunities. Changes have been made in management and things are starting to get better.
Fun Place to Work Bad Management
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 30, 2015
Overall good work environment the people are all very nice and do their best to make it a fun place to work. However they are terrible with scheduling and often don't schedule enough people so then your stuck doing other peoples jobs as well as your own and just requires to much out of you physically and personally I haven't had one weekend of even one day off on the weekend in 4 months and i work 13-14 hour shifts so it gets really annoying not being able to have a life on the weekends.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
management and scheduling
Hospital work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 21, 2016
Mgh is a fun environment to work in although I only worked temporarily. I enjoyed working with the nursing staff and doctors on different floors. This was a wonderful learning experience for me. The opportunity to continue education is wonderful and the staff is great
IT team needs additional staff 4 System Techs and 1 Network Tech for 2000 plus users
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 10, 2015
A typical day at MGH is anything but typical. The IT department
is in extremely high demand with limited staffing resources. However with the influx of day to day user request ranging from the simplest password resets and user preference requests to deploying new equipment and critical systems down leaves very little time to focus on specific specialties.
Pros
free meals from time to time and free employee health screenings once a year
Cons
Numerous meetings, life / work balance
I worked at Marion General Hospital and left for pursing my RN and other Nursing endevores, now I am pending my NCLEX and am excitied to return.
RN pending NCLEX (Former Employee) –  RN staff nursing/ OB- mother baby floor.June 25, 2013
I enjoyed the fast pace of the hospital and the challenges of taking care of acutely ill patients. During my schooling I precept- ed and realized how much I miss the fast pace of the hospital setting. I had good experiences with the management and felt that I was valued and praised as a nurse. The hardest part of the hospital job is the time you spend charting, it is a hard balance of taking care of the patient and making sure all your documentation is clear, concise and complete. I love taking care of the patient and seeing the progress they achieve during their illness. The challenges of providing a caring, supportive and positive stay for the patient is key to me. I look forwards to getting to experience this care setting again in the future.
Great Hospital
Nutrition Technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 9, 2016
The hospital is a great place to work they have excellent people that also work there and great customer services to the patients.
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 6, 2016
Good establishment. Good place to work even if you are starting out. I get along with all my co- workers. Very fulfilling job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 22, 2016
3:1 patient to nurse ratio typically
Fast paced
Team Oriented
Equal opportunity work place
Opportunity for lots of overtime
Great hospital to gain excellent nursing experience!
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 26, 2015
Marion General Hospital was a great place for me to gain nursing experience as a student nurse. Regardless of where I floated to throughout the facility, I was treated with respect. The Physicians at MGH were extrmely open to educating those with an interest to take a step further to ask a question or share a concern. Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Marion General and would recommend MGH to both patients and potential employees.
Excellent job experience but too much drama and unkept promises
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Marion, INMarch 20, 2013
Marion General makes a lot of promises of advancement and variouse job/shift opportunities that go over looked all the time. The compensation for the job that is being performed is the lowest I've ever had. The co-workers are great, the benefits are what ruins their reputation.
Pros
friendly and helpful co-workers, close to home
Cons
unkept promises, wages and benefits
Great place to work, excellent benefits
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 8, 2014
It was a great place to work, good place for a self starter, there wasn't much of a training program, you learn as you go. I enjoyed it cause it was peaceful and you could work at your own pace. My supervisor and director were very busy with the business end of the company but they were great to work for and hated that my time there was short
benefits
Cons
lack of training
Mgh
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work. Great co workers. Team work. Not being able to save a patient is the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable is saving a patient or making them laugh in a scary situation.
Pros
40 minute lunch
Cons
no breaks just 40 minute lunch, ten minutes to get your food and 30 minutes to eat.
Great Job
Quality System Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Best job that I had great team players - Great outcomes - good balance of work and home. I would still be there if I didn;t have a long commute.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long commute
A typical day is always being observant of my surroundings and constantly working towards perfection.
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 13, 2015
The hardest part of the job is seeing others in pain.I am consistant with my everyday work duties because I am my work and actions speak volumes.
Pros
Helps you value life more knowing that you are only a heartbeat away.
Cons
Don't pay enough for the education you are required to have for the jobs they offer.
Nice people to work with
Radiologic Technologist RADIOLOGY PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  COLUMBIA MSNovember 10, 2012
Nice hospital atypical day at work was great loved my job. I was asst sup. Which I learned a lot about management skills, to me there was no hard part loveed my job the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people
Pros
nice people
Cons
benifits
The best first job
Radiology Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Marion, INSeptember 20, 2015
Working at webbs furniture was an amazing oppurtunity. Not only did I learn alot of life lessons but the co-workers and my bosses are still some important people in my life 2 years later.
Pros
Discounts on items in store
Cons
NOTHING
I enjoyed working at hospital. Met many new friends.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 31, 2012
Salary was good. Working conditions were good. People were nice to work with. Enjoyed this job.
Very driven for patient care
Computer Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 25, 2015
Marion General has a fantastic staff and provides excellent care to their patients. The hospital is current on technology and also part of a large healthcare network.
best place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 30, 2014
I worked in a variety of different positions during my years at MGH. I started in high school as an aide and worked my up to a Respiratory therapist. I learned responsibility, leadership, time management, teamwork and good work ethic during my tenure. I had a manager who involved employees in all aspects of running our department successfully and worked with staff that were proud to be a part of a winning team. The hardest part of the job was the heavy workload at times, and the most enjoyable was meeting all of the patients and working with the staff who were like family.
Pros
job culture and teamwork
Cons
patient load at times was high
Good
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 10, 2015
This ED is busy, does well for an independent hospital. I liked it here and the staff is great. Paid well. Should expect that there are a lot of new grads here, but older staff know what they are doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marion General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Marion General Hospital Reviews by Location