Marion General Hospital

Marion General Hospital Employee Reviews

fast paced setting
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Marion, INMarch 6, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: n/a
Great place to work. co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Very fast paced. Very stressful at times. Nursing Staff really cares about their patients. Patients and their families are treated as family
Good team to work with, minimal room for advancement
Imaging Systems Technician (Current Employee), Marion, INJanuary 25, 2015
Serve as RIS/PACS operating system expert, providing technical support for entire organization.
Provide senior technical support to both in-house staff and user departments for RIS/PACS software.
Monitor HL7 interfaces between the RIS (Radiology Information System) and the HIS (Hospital Information System).
Manage Cardiology reporting software (Xcelera) and worked closely with vendor during new software implementation in
fall of 2014.
Use Cisco VPN Client to remotely support end users.
Great Job
Quality System Coordinator (Former Employee), Marion, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long commute
Best job that I had great team players - Great outcomes - good balance of work and home. I would still be there if I didn;t have a long commute.
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee), Marion, INJanuary 20, 2015
Can be busy at time's with high patient volume. Have a good team that i work with that help each other out. I like staying busy at all times make's the day go by faster.
I would never go back to working at this hospital.
Paramedic (Former Employee), Marion, INSeptember 4, 2014
Over all very poor place to work management has no clue what they are doing and does a very poor job. Employee's have no leaders creating a lot of confusion and drama. If you a nurse you are golden but if you are not well your not golden and are very poorly treated. People are better off going to Indy or another hospital.
nice place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Marion, OHSeptember 3, 2014
good place to work , good hours okay pay good work week good co-workers good boss good vacation time
EVOLVING MEMBER OF GROWING SYSTEM STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE
HOMECARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Marion, OHSeptember 1, 2014
MY DAY STARTS IN THE HOME HEALTH DEPARTMENT REVIEWING HOSPITAL CENSUS AND SCHEDULING AVAILABILITY FOR REFERRALS. I'M AVAILABLE TO THE HOME HEALTH STAFF DURING THIS TIME TO DISCUSS/COORDINATE IN- AND OUTPATIENT CARE NEEDS.

I TRAVEL THE SHORT-DISTANCE TO THE HOSPITAL WHERE I ATTEND ROUNDS, COMMUNICATE WITH STAFF, PATIENTS, AND THEIR CAREGIVERS TO IDENTIFY DISCHARGE NEEDS. I MAKE REFERRALS TO AGENCIES AND COORDINATE SERVICES TO MEET THOSE NEEDS.
A solid healthcare facility
Generalist (Current Employee), Marion, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: a solid patient centered culture
Cons: new management centered on ohiohealth instead of the hospital.
Recently had the management overtaken by the head of the health system to standardize all the hospitals in the system. Previously Marion General had led the system in multiple metrics including being better than the head hospital in some metrics.
best place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Marion, INJuly 30, 2014
Pros: job culture and teamwork
Cons: patient load at times was high
I worked in a variety of different positions during my years at MGH. I started in high school as an aide and worked my up to a Respiratory therapist. I learned responsibility, leadership, time management, teamwork and good work ethic during my tenure. I had a manager who involved employees in all aspects of running our department successfully and worked with staff that were proud to be a part of a winning team. The hardest part of the job was the heavy workload at times, and the most enjoyable was meeting all of the patients and working with the staff who were like family.
Seasonal job
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Marion, IndianaMay 26, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: weather
Enjoyed working outside and being off during the winter months.
Great place to work, excellent benefits
A/R Specialist (Former Employee), Marion, OHMay 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of training
It was a great place to work, good place for a self starter, there wasn't much of a training program, you learn as you go. I enjoyed it cause it was peaceful and you could work at your own pace. My supervisor and director were very busy with the business end of the company but they were great to work for and hated that my time there was short
Team Players
Sonographer (Current Employee), Marion, INApril 22, 2014
Great place to work; team players. Typical hospital setting; call, etc., don't want to leave!
Clinical Student
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Marion, INMarch 16, 2014
Excellent learning environment. Hospital has Magnet status
Team inspired hospital
Critical Care (Current Employee), Marion, INFebruary 23, 2014
Competitive wages, supportive management, co-workers helpful
Good but stressful
CLINICAL STAFF NURSE (Former Employee), Marion, INDecember 13, 2013
Pros: a nice place to work. most staff helpful and made lots of friend, both other staff and patients.
Cons: the 12 hour shifts.
Typical day was admitting patients, starting IV's. Assessing the patient, nursing history, Care plans. Dressing changes, monitoring vital signs, heart rhythms. Medications, reposition patients, help with baths and meals.

I learned it all. I graduated with my degree and went directly to ICU. I truly learned the nursing process and what it was all about.

Management was great. My supervisor was kind, helpful and I could go to her if I had a problem and she was there for us.

Co-workers were great. They were all helpful. It was a nice place to work.

The hardest part of the job was when we had to code a patient and he expired.

The most enjoyable was when the patient got to go home or at least to the Med-Surg floor.
This is a great place to work
Supply Clerk (Current Employee), Marion, INOctober 6, 2013
Pros: they have gain shares and a good vacation program
Cons: can't think of any cons
I scan and restock all departments in the hospital. I also put away stock as it comes in. I enjoy working with the people in the hospital.
My co-workers are great to work with. We have a great working relationship which is very important in enjoying your job. I walk an average of 5 to 8 miles in a typical day. I just enjoy being a part of a wonderful hospital and all the employees who work there. The management is very supportive. I have a wonderful boss. There really isn't any hard part to this job. You do keep very busy because you have to scan and stock each department and also take emergency calls for expedited items that are needed in the departments.
Great Place to Work
Unknown (Current Employee), Marion, OHAugust 29, 2013
Great Place to work!
Joint Commission accredited.
Many opportunities to grow.
Supportive environment
Minimal Training/Fast Pace
Financial Assistant (Former Employee), Marion, OHAugust 21, 2013
Pros: helping people.
Cons: people calling off and leaving only two people working the floor alone, sometimes poor management of the schedule.
I applied for the job of Financial Counselor. This was a fast pace environment where you could have 5 to 12 rooms at a time to take all insurance information and enter into the computer. You would also be responsible for any emergency cases that arrived that had to be entered ASAP. You needed to print all paperwork and sticker's and have them on the door for the nurses for the patient to be seen by the physician. Should the patient be an emergency you needed the information right away. Should the patient need financial assistance you had a small amount of time to discuss with the patient if it was a busy night. You had to make sure you took care of each and every patient to make sure they had everything they needed. I enjoyed this job. I enjoyed the people I could help. I saw no room to advance.
Good learning experience
Student Nurse 2 (Current Employee), Marion, INJuly 15, 2013
Pros: co workers help each other out when busy. great place to work.
Cons: i am not full time.
I work PRN. I have great co-workers who are always willing to educate me, which adds to my learning experience. My typical day is a 12 hr shift. I do work occasional 4 hr shifts if needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is something new that I get to learn. Nothing about the job physically, is really hard or difficult. However, there are many days when it is non-stop. I get along with all my co workers and all my managers are competent and fair when assigning duties and are willing to step in a help when needed.
A great place to work, largest employer in Grant County, IN
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee), Marion, INJuly 2, 2013
I started working for this company when I was still in high school. I grew up there; and the employees were like a second family to me. The hardest part for me was actually leaving the area to be close to my aging parents. I worked with many great and memorable people who taught me to be a responsible working adult, proud to be and MGH employee. The greatest influence for me was actually my mother, who worked for the same hospital for over 30 years. Years later, I was able to work with her for a short time before her retirement. It was always interesting to visit and hear stories from other nursing staff and physicians of what it was like to work at the hospital when it was just one small building. Now years later, I was part of it growing from that small one building to a thriving campus of many buildings networked together.

Marion General Hospital Salaries