Marion General Hospital Employee Reviews

Rewarding place to work serving others
Imaging Quality Associate (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHNovember 15, 2016
The hospital is a great place to work. Being a part of the team to help others is a reality there. The benefits are great. There is much room for growth, learning and advancement.
Friendly staff and small community feel
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 7, 2016
I believe small hospitals exhibit more of a non stress but excellent care environment. I work PRN without benefits. Great staff and great place to work
911 EMS Service
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 24, 2016
Taking care of people is rewarding and the Ambulance service is a busy 911 service. Good way to develop experience and skill set. Management no longer prioritizes the Employee as a valuable team member. Was told by VP of Nursing that "Your Associates Degree is meaningless. You have to have a BS at least to mean anything". Big Nurse V Paramedic environment with animosity high on both sides due to lack of respect to EMS. They are all about the survey's now, including compromising patient care to "improve time" stays in the ED.

Use to be about people (patients and employees), now about surveys no matter the cost. Just poor Business Model for a PUBLIC SERVICE business.
Pros
Co-Workers Good, Rewarding Work
Cons
No longer about the Patient care and Employees, Just Survey Results
Marion General Hospital is a great place to work. They treat you like family. We also cared about our parents and their health.
Raidology tech assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Loved working with a good group of people. Marion General Hospital is a good place to work. I worked there for 17years and I respect each employee and each patient that I came in contact with.
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
Hearing that they have passed
High workload, with no help from management.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 12, 2016
Great learning experience in the office and medical field. However terrible management. Doesn't care about their employees
Fast pace environment
CMA (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 9, 2017
You become very close knit, like a family with the people you work with. Learned a lot. Made tons of friends, you become very close with your patients. Great place to work!
I worked at Marion General Hospital and left for pursing my RN and other Nursing endevores, now I am pending my NCLEX and am excitied to return.
RN pending NCLEX  (Former Employee) –  RN staff nursing/ OB- mother baby floor. June 25, 2013
I enjoyed the fast pace of the hospital and the challenges of taking care of acutely ill patients. During my schooling I precept- ed and realized how much I miss the fast pace of the hospital setting. I had good experiences with the management and felt that I was valued and praised as a nurse. The hardest part of the hospital job is the time you spend charting, it is a hard balance of taking care of the patient and making sure all your documentation is clear, concise and complete. I love taking care of the patient and seeing the progress they achieve during their illness. The challenges of providing a caring, supportive and positive stay for the patient is key to me. I look forwards to getting to experience this care setting again in the future.
Hospital work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 21, 2016
Mgh is a fun environment to work in although I only worked temporarily. I enjoyed working with the nursing staff and doctors on different floors. This was a wonderful learning experience for me. The opportunity to continue education is wonderful and the staff is great
Amazing Hospital
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 16, 2016
I loved working at Marion General Hospital and the fostering environment promoted openness among their employees. Easily the best place to work in Grant County.
Excellent job experience but too much drama and unkept promises
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Marion, INMarch 20, 2013
Marion General makes a lot of promises of advancement and variouse job/shift opportunities that go over looked all the time. The compensation for the job that is being performed is the lowest I've ever had. The co-workers are great, the benefits are what ruins their reputation.
Pros
friendly and helpful co-workers, close to home
Cons
unkept promises, wages and benefits
No opportunity for advancement
CHARGE TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 3, 2016
Great coworkers. Management is oblivious to employee contribution to quality patient care. No advancement opportunities. Changes have been made in management and things are starting to get better.
Great place to work, excellent benefits
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 8, 2014
It was a great place to work, good place for a self starter, there wasn't much of a training program, you learn as you go. I enjoyed it cause it was peaceful and you could work at your own pace. My supervisor and director were very busy with the business end of the company but they were great to work for and hated that my time there was short
benefits
Cons
lack of training
Nice people to work with
Radiologic Technologist RADIOLOGY PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  COLUMBIA MSNovember 10, 2012
Nice hospital atypical day at work was great loved my job. I was asst sup. Which I learned a lot about management skills, to me there was no hard part loveed my job the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people
Pros
nice people
Cons
benifits
Fun Place to Work Bad Management
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 30, 2015
Overall good work environment the people are all very nice and do their best to make it a fun place to work. However they are terrible with scheduling and often don't schedule enough people so then your stuck doing other peoples jobs as well as your own and just requires to much out of you physically and personally I haven't had one weekend of even one day off on the weekend in 4 months and i work 13-14 hour shifts so it gets really annoying not being able to have a life on the weekends.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
management and scheduling
Great Hospital
Nutrition Technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 9, 2016
The hospital is a great place to work they have excellent people that also work there and great customer services to the patients.
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
Great Job
Quality System Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Best job that I had great team players - Great outcomes - good balance of work and home. I would still be there if I didn;t have a long commute.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long commute
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 6, 2016
Good establishment. Good place to work even if you are starting out. I get along with all my co- workers. Very fulfilling job.
I enjoyed working at hospital. Met many new friends.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 31, 2012
Salary was good. Working conditions were good. People were nice to work with. Enjoyed this job.
IT team needs additional staff 4 System Techs and 1 Network Tech for 2000 plus users
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 10, 2015
A typical day at MGH is anything but typical. The IT department
is in extremely high demand with limited staffing resources. However with the influx of day to day user request ranging from the simplest password resets and user preference requests to deploying new equipment and critical systems down leaves very little time to focus on specific specialties.
Pros
free meals from time to time and free employee health screenings once a year
Cons
Numerous meetings, life / work balance
No Communication! DRAMA, DRAMA, Nurses are Rude! A place where they will DISCRIMNATE AGAINST YOU AND PICK ON YOU!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 3, 2013
Depending on the position, its usually a decent wage and great benefits but the management is terrible, usually they do not even remember what they are doing, and there is no communication in the work place especially between Nurses and the secretaries. The Nurses act like they are 16 years old and they tell the management about a problem instead of coming to their peer and confronting the problem to the other employee. We were told to be a problem solver and deal with the problem with the employee. They will try to get you fired if they do not like you! Nurses will be smart alecks and act like they are better than you. They treat you like you do not know what you are doing if they new and will slam charts on the desk. The place is full of drama and always short staff! And forget it if you ever want to try to get a day off or a week for a vacation. You will get denied. You work all the time and overtime all the time, at least 16 hours or more. The nurses will take personal things that you wrote and photocopy them and show them to the management. A management will harass you and bug you if you make a mistake and god forbid if you make a mistake you will hear it from at least 5 people about it. Its kind of like office space, you have like 5 bosses. Don't ever click your pen around a nurse or they will snap at you. The people are very rude here, there is no communication what so ever, the management treats you badly, the nurses are rude, its always short staff and you cannot get any time off. From my experience its a terrible place to work. There are people who are big brown  more... nosers and if you dare to try to tell your side of the story..well don't even both because if they do not like you, they won't believe you. If you are different, they will discriminate! It is a very discriminating and bad place! Make sure you read your handbook, because they do not follow it. Maybe some one will get them on it. They do not have set rules either, so if you break a rule, you sure wouldn't know it until you hear it from 5 people and get in trouble.   less
Pros
The pay, that's about it.
Cons
Not enough time on lunch, very stressful, charts slammed on desks, getting yelled at, getting embarrased and picked on in front of people, people telling you that you did not do your job right when you did. Poor commincation, poor management, poor nurses, its high school, drama and getting told on. Do not follow the handbook.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marion General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Marion General Hospital Reviews by Location