MARION TECHNICAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

School
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 21, 2017
I didnt actually work here. This was the school I did my Radiology program at. I would say it was the best within the area considering clinical locations, costs, and schedule
It is a productive place, but can be miserable. Not all employees work well together.
ABE/GED Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 16, 2017
My review of Marion Technical College is that they do not always place heavily on the achievements of their employees. The students are not motivated, especially the under 18 population. The place can be nice, but it depends on who you know and work with.
Pros
They place some emphasis on the students
Cons
Benefits are not good
Perfect opportunity to be an encouragement
SKILLS NURSING INSTRUCTOR FOR THE LPN PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed the students immensely. It was so important to encourage them and help them to see that they could achieve their goal. I found it very gratifying.
Pros
You can make a difference in the lives of others
Cons
Part-time/ no benefits
Great working environment with dedicated staff. Very well organized department with fun supervisor who absolutely loves teaching and it's infectuous.
Community Faculty, Arts& Sciences (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJune 20, 2014
A typical day at work consists of arriving early and being prepared to present the material for the day and/or get experiment materials organized and ready to go.
I have learned more every semester, as I have made a concerted effort to sit-in on other professors lectures/labs and apply new/interesting information to my students.
I have no dealings directly with the Dean. My supervisor is an Associate Professor and she is great all-around.
Co-workers are great. We cover for one another when needed and help each other out with whatever we can, whenever we can.
The hardest part of the job is 'stage fright' at the beginning of the semester. Once I begin interacting with the students, I do fine.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people: my boss; coworkers and students.
Pros
Very well organized course material and availability of supervisor.
Cons
None. I love teaching at MTC!!
It is an education and inexpensive
Student (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJune 17, 2012
Like most schools it is all about the money. At least it seems this way at times. Most teachers are very helpful, but I would assume this is a case to case basis. Everyone is going to have a different experience.
Pros
flexible classes, unless core curriculum. classes are affordable
Cons
% of student actually graduating is very low
Great place to learn
Education Computer Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 10, 2012
I had career job training for my degree in Criminal Justice.

Want to know more about MARION TECHNICAL COLLEGE?

Ask a question