Marist College

Marist College Employer Reviews

Good College Job
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMay 22, 2014
Check students IDs, answer phone calls and the questions of students, teachers or tour groups.
part time teacher
Adjunct Instructor of Philosophy (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMay 3, 2014
Taught two courses while I was in culinary school
Very pleasant campus, enjoyable students.
was a learning experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYApril 9, 2014
co-workers was good and very helpful in showing how to complete a job
Great for a student worker
Student/General (Former Employee), Westage Business Center, Fishkill, NYFebruary 21, 2014
My time at Marist College was made much better by having a job provided by the college in which I would have large amounts of time to finish school work during my shift. The pay was typically near or at minimum wage, but a job is a job. The people were friendly and it was just a generally enjoyable environment for me, regardless of where on campus I – more... worked or the time I was working. – less
Great work place
NSAC Marketing Competition (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 16, 2014
Worked flexible hours doing information input, filing, and anything else the office needed.
I enjoy a productive workplace that allows, both, professional and personal growth within the organization.
Center for Multicultural Affairs, Counselor (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Manage a counseling load of 20-30 students, handling financial advising, academic, and personal counseling.
Best learning experince
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, New YorkNovember 17, 2013
The best thing about the academic technology department where i work, is learning new technologies. They have a lot of flexibility with timings as they allow time off for projects and exams. Since most of the work force consists of students, its a fun place to learn new things and have a good time as well.
great place to work and salary was excellent. can get your education free when employed
Switchboard Lead Operator (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 13, 2013
love the people that I worked for. Cultural diversity was there and the overall College was pleasant.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 8, 2013
Good place to work as a student because the hours are flexible and you learn a lot about office life.
Challenging work environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, New YorkApril 2, 2013
Pros: free housing
Cons: very little flexibility on work hours
Being a Resident Assistant helped me to understand how to work with a diverse group of people. This is especially true when working with over 70 residents per year and attempting to accommodate everyone's requests. Overall, management was very strict and allowed for little flexibility in choice of hours worked and days worked.
Division: College Advancement
College Advancement Intern (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 13, 2013
• Assisted in making gift campaign video’s for fundraising efforts
First Job
Tour Guide (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 22, 2013
I led tours throughout the campus grounds, answered questions from families of prospective students. I also assisted in presentations for the families before they went out on tour.
I was looked up to as a leader, I trained many of the tour guides during my years at Marist College.
Exciting Productive
Technician (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 29, 2013
Set up lighting equipment
Set up for shows movies, and activities
provided other assistance
Productive and lenient environment
Business Manager (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 13, 2012
Management are understanding when it comes to school work. They allow us to utilize our down time for homework. The staff members are friendly and amazing. Working at the Office of Student Activities is always enjoyable. Workers are always in the know regarding events that are taking place on-campus.
Best job I've had
Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 24, 2012
Pros: it's a fun job
Cons: being a role model and having a fun college life.
This job involves being a role model that can create a positive environment for education. Running groups to help build a strong community atmosphere on a college campus.
Co-Workers are great and help each other accomplish similar goals. The hardest part of the job is being a college student and a role model for the area that you are supervising. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is working with students on a regular basis and making them feel more comfortable on campus. – less
Not very good.
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 25, 2012
Low wages, but your kids can go to college for free. Stay away.
Good place to start
Database Designer (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYApril 11, 2012
Not much pressure, but compensation not that good. Flexible in working
Productive, Professional but a young and fun environment
Womens Water Polo Assistant coach (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, great environment, awesome community involvement, great opportunites
Cons: no healthcare benefits to part-time coaches, poor pay but overall pretty solid
Marist College is not only the institution I work for but was also my alma mater. I was a student athlete and graduated in 2010. I was offered the assistant womens water polo coaching job on top of being able to earn my graduate degree. The institution is very professional and always is involved with the community.
Fun caring for the brothers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), BrisbaneJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: great employer
Cons: contract too short
Ensure all ADL Completed
Get all ready and take them to breakfast and after ensure all morning meds given
prepare and deliver morning tea
get brothers ready for lunch and ensures all wound care were done and completed.
Great co workers