Marist College Employee Reviews

Great School
Intramural Basketball Commissioner (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 11, 2017
Marist College is a great school because it combines an extensive education with a beautiful campus. Furthermore, the faculty is top notch, and the students are very friendly.
I worked as a resident assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 5, 2017
As an RA at Marist college, you get to work with some really friendly and talented colleagues. That being said the school does not compensate Marist RA's as well as other schools. Additionally, instead of feeling like your supervisors have your back, there is a constant feeling you are being watched to ensure you don't mess up. I feel as though I spent more time trying not to screw up in front of my superiors than I did going to them for help.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
Stressful and you are not compensated for what you are worth.
Fun working environment and flexible ours
Student Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at the Marist College Institute for Public Opinion. The staffs are friendly. Also we were given pizza every night shift. Marist Poll is also flexible.
Professional and Caring Environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 20, 2017
In a typical day working as an RA, my responsibilities included checking in with my supervisors to discuss upcoming events and projects; checking in with residents and maintenance concerns; along with my school responsibilities. Marist provided a good work-life balance to allow me to work in a professional environment at school without having to entirely compromise what it means to be a student. I always had plenty of time for my studies and what I wanted to do outside of school.
Pros
Tuition off
Cons
Cant move off campus and return to position
A Productive and a fun place to work
Student Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 31, 2017
During my typical workday, I am responsible for coordinating with my team on various projects. A big part of my day is dealing with bug reports - testing different scenarios on different browsers and creating bug reports to make sure that the developers have enough information to fix these issues. I also work on different projects that include content migration using Life ray. Throughout the day I complete various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails. I also provide strong customer service and resolve customer issues.
Rewarding job
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Being a tutor is a rewarding job. I love being able to explain a subject I enjoy to a student who is struggling. Nothing is more rewarding than when the student finally has that "ah-ha" moment after understanding your explanation.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Unsteady job
Cannot say enough positive things about this job
Transcript Clerk - Registrar's Office (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 28, 2016
Working at Marist College was one of my best working experiences. It was like working with family. The students became apart of our "Marist family." To this day, I still keep in contact with former co-workers and even graduates.
Pros
Never was there not someone to always have your back
Cons
Productive and fun workplace always had food and a smile on their face
Student Office Assistant, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 27, 2016
The management was always willing to give a helping hand and guide the assistant with the task that needed to be completed. One could always feel confident asking for help within the office.
Pros
Very understanting that I was a student first.
Student life
Orientation Leader for Spring and Fall (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Marist provides a wide range of opportunities. The faculties are very much experienced and their lectures are closed to real life experiences. Overall, I feel privileged to be a part of such an prestigious institution.
Horrible place to work
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 20, 2016
The administration is extremely protective of their inflated salaries and makes every effort to force faculty to make concessions on all planes to ensure those salaries remain ridiculous. Beyond being top heavy, the president is completely insulated from the day-to-day operations of the school, which are generally run by the Vice President of Academic Affairs. The primary concern of this school is to make sure affluent students who can pay full tuition are coddled and that the aesthetic aspects of the school appear to be top notch. The faculty is a mess, the leadership is horrible, the general morale is bad and the quality of school is utterly and completely overrated.
Cons
Administration, pay, upward mobility, location
Was a great atmosphere with a lot of hard working professionals
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 7, 2016
I learned how to develop a product from start to finish for a client by my self and a group. Was able to work with cutting edge technology that is used by some of the largest computer companies.
Amazing work environment
Lead 1 Cook (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 5, 2016
The staff and students make this a great place to work, unfortunately the commute was just too far for me. If I lived closer I would make this my permanent place of employment.
Pros
work ethic
Cons
commute
Learning is a never ending process at Marist
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed doing my masters here and professors are very helpful in doing our research works. i learned everything by practically and hence I can be perfect on what i am working for.
Good work
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 30, 2016
Good place to work. Positive work environment with good managers. Laid back fun environment. Good people. You get to watch sports games and clean up after.
Good level of communication with people regarding different issues.
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 30, 2016
Well managed with any kind of challenging issue with the help of good supporting environment. Well trained in managing the people with different issues handling their emotions. Overcoming the challenges with the customers emotions is the hardest part which I could easily overcome with the support of my colleagues and y manager. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team which spreads the positive atmosphere helping me face any kind of issue.
Pros
Interesting work and Good team.
Fun
International Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 21, 2016
Working for my school is always something I look forward to. I love the faculty and I love the students I work with. My employers make work fun and I look forward to it every day.
Broadcast all Marist events live on network
Camera Crew, Event Staff, Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 5, 2016
it was a productive experience where I learned a great deal about broadcasting.We were live on TV and also throughout the radio. We also partnered with ESPN for all sporting events, and televised live on their feeds and network.
Tutor students in mathematics
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 4, 2016
Enjoy working with the students, and helping them understand math concepts. As a student myself, I understand the frustration of not getting concepts that are being taught in class.
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 19, 2016
I wasn't an employee at Marist College and just attended there as a student. I can't say much about it, except from the perspective of a student.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great work environment, beautiful campus great co workers
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 17, 2016
I have worked for Marist for over six years and it was a wonderful work experience as well as a great environment to prosper as far as growth within the school. Day to day functions provided great challenges and motivation to continue growth from within.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marist College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4