Maritz Research Employee Reviews in United States

A change of pace job with daily challenges
At-Home Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Belen, NMJanuary 10, 2016
Working for Maritz CX as an at-home telephone interviewer takes patience and stamina. Anyone thinking that at-home work is less demanding or exacting than that done in an office setting is sadly misinformed. My day starts with logging in to my remote office and takes off running from there. I might talk to customers about their experiences with purchasing a car one day and the next may be asking how the respondent was treated by a salesperson at a chain discount store. The support is excellent and the On-line supervisors are top-notch, having come up through the ranks themselves. The hardest part of the job is the repetition of the presented interview but the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I get to interact with.
Pros
You set your own schedule, week by week
Cons
Because you do not work full-time, there are limited benefits.
Relatively simple work, few benefits
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 23, 2016
The job I performed while at Maritz was fairly simple. It mostly involved keying data from customer surveys. Hours were always set, there was no overtime and no surprises. However, benefits were almost non-existent. You will more or less not move much at all from your starting wage and you have to work a high number of hours yearly to be eligible for any vacation time. It was just a decent job, but not something you could build a career at.
Pros
Simple work, clean environment
Cons
Low wage, few benefits, unstable workflow
Work at home performing surveys
Virtual Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Home, EmmettNovember 16, 2015
Part time work at home surveying customers who had purchased vehicles and their satisfaction. Worked when they had sample and didnt work full shifts often.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
No benefits
Busy and fun call center.
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOMay 30, 2015
A typical day I would call companies and interview them on their service satisfaction with our clients. I learned a lot on using phone etiquette and how to deal with disgruntled customers. The management there was easy to get a long with, they were approachable, and very helpful with any questions or concerns you had. My co-workers were great people as well. They seemed to be helpful when you needed advice on how to deal with certain situations. The hardest part of this job was dealing with angry customers and not being able to say certain things. Since most of the time you had to read the interviews verbatim, you were limited on what you could and could not say. The most enjoyable part of this job was being rewarded for meeting certain goals and talking with people who were very satisfied with our clients.
Pros
Hours, casual, friendly, fun, weekly pay
Cons
No benefits, lack of hours, pay
Limited assignments
Mystery Shopper (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 23, 2015
I was hired as an independent contractor to conduct mystery shops and evaluations. I would receive an assignment, map it, and drive to the destination to conduct the shop. It was fun and exciting to know that I was helping an individual company, however, the wear and tear on my vehicle, without compensation began to take its toll. Although I am still considered a contractor with Maritz, I haven't taken an assignment, as it's not worth the gas and time. Each shop is only $10 to $12, and driving back and forth and the time for each assignment, places me in the red.
Pros
Exciting work. Something new and different each time.
Cons
The money does not pay the bills.
Great people to works for, but limited hours, unsuitable for steady income.
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOMarch 3, 2015
The company and all of its supervisors are great people to work with and for! They all do their jobs well and strive to make working conditions pleasant and motivating, encouraging. They value their long term employees especially, and do their best treat everyone well. Cross training also insures more work for each person.
However, the company is greatly disadvantaged by the limited hours allowed (28 hours per week; many times less, depending on the project and it's varying current needs and goals of the customer), and the people here have to actually make a living at it. Underemployed is the status of many older employees there, which are also their most valuable. The remainder are basically students, who only need part time positions, and come and go on a regular basis.
There are generally no benefits, and hours cannot be assured each week.
Pros
pleasant atmosphere, encouraging staff
Cons
no benefits; very limited hours available, changing on a regular basis.
It is a good environment to work in and have flexible schedule
Call Center Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 7, 2016
What I like about Maritz is the supervisors and the other coworkers are really nice. So the work environment is really good and I love how their schedule is very flexible, so if your in college or you have a second job they will allow you to make your work schedule around that.
Pros
They try to make the job fun with activities
Cons
It can be dragging sometimes
Maritz
Data Editor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day is somewhat unpredictable. The work seems to manage the people. There is very little learning and the work has been described as mind numbing. Management has no regard for employees. There are no paid holidays or vacation time for the little people. There are little or no reviews.
The people I worked with were awesome
market research (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 22, 2015
Maritz was a very dynamic place. Many people worked their and they each had an important role. I learned to follow directions here. I reviewed my time their and now I know how to become a better worker. I enjoyed my time here. Some of my best memories were made here.
Pros
Great work hours, awesome environment, awesome people
Cons
No room for individuality
quiet easy pace work environment
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 8, 2014
a typical day at work making outbound calls and asking consumers to par-take in a survey. I've learned that not everyone is patient and I also learned how to take criticism well. I learned not to get offened by what others say to/about me, especially those who don't know me or what I've been through. Management was great, very understanding, humble, enjoyable, and made sure to put their workers first. Co-workers were great, everyone had positive attitudes and got along great with everyone. The hardest part of the job was to get some people to take the survey. The most enjoyable part was that they made everyone feel comfortable while working and offered prizes depending on how many people you got to take a survey. They gave us motivation.
Pros
break passes, flexibility
Cons
no benefits
A Terrible Disappointment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 25, 2014
Nothing but propaganda, lies and terrible mismanagement. Was great 10 years ago but now in serious decline. Company owner has made his billions and doesn't need the business anymore. Preparing to sell profitable units and close unprofitable ones. Client needs not being met. Unable or unwilling to bring in new work to offset losses. Company represents itself as being a leader in that field but tries to satisfy every client wish no matter how unreasonable or counter-productive. Decent pay but good benefits taken away and replaced with useless offerings. Used the new healthcare law as an excuse to slash hours. Dozens of layoffs at all levels in multiple locations. Employee morale non-existent.
Pros
wonderful co-workers. clean & quiet office.
Cons
supervison & constructive criticism severly lacking. all feedback negative.
Flexible and accommodating work environment.
Data Transcriber (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2015
Work is very straight forward and easy to understand. Co-workers are really fun to work with, and management is flexible, and considerate. I learned a lot about dealing with customers, and the feedback given by superiors helped a lot in my growth with the company. I definitely think it's a good organization that understands people, and knows how to utilize employee potential.
okay for teenagers
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  long beach, caMarch 28, 2015
this job is okay for teenagers still in high school or barely getting out. It works great with your every day schedule. It's really repetitive and gets boring but the employees are fun.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits for part timers
Promoted from on site to home-based job
transcroption clerk (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 23, 2015
home computer job, poor IT dept., inefficient management. co-workers became friends. Improved computer skills. Demanding duties.
Very flexible but horrible management and benefits.
Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 16, 2012
I know I was part-time but there are absolutely no raises for your pay, no matter how long you work there. Even full-time employees never gets raises. I feel like I do so much for the pay that I was receiving. I call mystery shoppers 24/7 throughout my whole day, I answer any inquiries or help with anything they call in about. Trust me, some shoppers are hard to deal with. What I enjoy is the flexible schedule they will go with you but they will never have a full time opportunity for you.
Relaxed environment
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHDecember 9, 2015
Staff is professional, they offered catered food, you're allowed to use your phone in the workplace as long as it does not distract you from your work. Relaxed setting.
Review
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 5, 2012
Maritz Research is an awesome place to work. You have to be someone who loves to make things happen and not afraid to fail. Maritz is a place to grow and learn from others. The benefits offered are for those who set goals and are highly motivated. This company really look after its employees and set each of them up for success.
Pros
coaching, rewards, meet a lot of new people, your supervisors remember your name, prepare your own schedule and raise every 6 months
Cons
starting pay is low.
Good place to start
Marketing Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 3, 2015
This company is set up like a call center. It is a good place to start or if you're in high school or college. The management is not so nice and one time a manager was playing people's calls outloud on the floor huffing and puffing. The company has since closed, I belive.
Fast paced, high stress work environment
Manager of Program Operations (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OhioApril 7, 2015
Multiple layers of management.
Client focused project teams create motivated and dedicated customer service.
Training opportunities made available.
Travel opportunities available.
Chance for advancement limited under current management structure.
Pros
Client focused project teams
Cons
Downsizing has lead to increased work load and responsibilities
work from home
Secret Shopper (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work is running around to different business. remember what is done at each business and who helped you out. i learn from this how to be responsible and how to manage my own time. I do not have any coworkers because this is a self job from home. the hardest part of the job is remembering all the information that you have to have for each job that is assigned to you. The most enjoyable part of my job would be always going at a fast paste i alwasy have things to do and get done im never lazy.
Pros
free ideas.
Cons
short breaks