Maritz Research

Maritz Research Employer Reviews

quiet easy pace work environment
Surveyor (Former Employee), Maumee, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: break passes, flexibility
Cons: no benefits
a typical day at work making outbound calls and asking consumers to par-take in a survey. I've learned that not everyone is patient and I also learned how to take criticism well. I learned not to get offened by what others say to/about me, especially those who don't know me or what I've been through. Management was great, very understanding, humble, – more... enjoyable, and made sure to put their workers first. Co-workers were great, everyone had positive attitudes and got along great with everyone. The hardest part of the job was to get some people to take the survey. The most enjoyable part was that they made everyone feel comfortable while working and offered prizes depending on how many people you got to take a survey. They gave us motivation. – less
Activities of daily living
Interviewer (Former Employee), Holland, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: rewarding job working with these individules
Cons: poor management
showering, clothing and other daily activities of daily living.
Market research
Market Researcher (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 3, 2014
Call customers and do a Customer satisfaction survey all over the US. I even made calls over seas.
A Terrible Disappointment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Maumee, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers. clean & quiet office.
Cons: supervison & constructive criticism severly lacking. all feedback negative.
Nothing but propaganda, lies and terrible mismanagement. Was great 10 years ago but now in serious decline. Company owner has made his billions and doesn't need the business anymore. Preparing to sell profitable units and close unprofitable ones. Client needs not being met. Unable or unwilling to bring in new work to offset losses. Company represents – more... itself as being a leader in that field but tries to satisfy every client wish no matter how unreasonable or counter-productive. Decent pay but good benefits taken away and replaced with useless offerings. Used the new healthcare law as an excuse to slash hours. Dozens of layoffs at all levels in multiple locations. Employee morale non-existent. – less
overall a good company to work for
DIRECTOR, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee), maumeeJune 13, 2014
Pros: works are truly team oriented
Cons: upper level management looses vision
The people that work with the clients and run the research projects are extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. At times upper level management looses focus and tries to move the company away from the core business values. All in all this is a good place to work.
Great people
Manager, Program Operations (Former Employee), Fenton, MOJune 11, 2014
The people at Maritz Research are wonderful, the thing that will keep you there.
Professional work environment, but nowhere to grow
Monitoring Supervisor (Former Employee), Kirksville, MOJune 1, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment, opportunity to improve skills
Cons: corporate took every excuse to cut incentives, motivated employees with empty career promises
When I first started on with Maritz, I was an interviewer - I conducted survey calls with customers to ask how they enjoyed a particular service. In two months I was promoted to the supervisor position, where I would lead a team and monitor their calls to improve production. I greatly enjoyed producing incentive structures like games and reward systems, – more... as well as teaching my peers how to conduct the survey better. I was excited for the opportunity, but was quickly brought down when I realized I had nowhere to go from there. I had hoped to take my leadership skills and transfer to the Maritz headquarters, and I was told that doing so would be easy and practically guaranteed. However, in the days leading up to my move, the branch manager came clean: I would just have to apply for a position like anyone else, and they hadn't secured my transfer at all. So I was left in a bad position of moving without having job security, and when I applied it became clear I wouldn't get another job at HQ. I didn't have any choice except to look for jobs elsewhere, even though I really wanted to have a career at Maritz. – less
Nice at home position.
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee), Fenton, MOMay 30, 2014
Pros: working at home
Cons: timing
I log on to the company's server and log into the automatic dialer, when some one answers the phone I proceed to try to a survey about the customer service they received. I love the fact I can work at home, the only thing I don't like is how strict they about timing. Other than that I enjoy my job.
Long term company
Sr. IT Manager (Former Employee), Maumee OhMay 14, 2014
Maritz specializes in Customer Experience Measurement. The client list includes many Fortune 500 companies.
Part time flexible shift is great but
INTERVIEWER (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 10, 2014
Pros: gift card incentives and flexible work schedules
Cons: not getting enough hours
The best part of working for this company is the people and ability to have a flexible work schedule. The downside is not being able to work full time during anymore.
Was a great company and should become one again...
Manager (Former Employee), Fenton, MOApril 1, 2014
Cons: upper management
During a long career at Maritz I saw a lot of highs and unfortunately some very low lows. The majority of my career there was great. There are trade offs of low pay for what used to be a great, relaxed, fun, competitive atmosphere. Recent years the trade offs have completely disappeared. Cost cutting and insecure management has had a terrible affect – more... on worker morale. There has been huge turnover due to the changes but upper management has not been listening to workers while refusing to acknowledge any issues.

Maritz was a great place and I hope it will one day be again. – less
Second Job
Market Researcher (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 1, 2014
Survey job that was needed for extra income but was very repetitive

and had ridiculous penalties like getting written up for wearing a

sweater when the office was freezing.
Call Center Interviewer
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Maumee, OHApril 1, 2014
Pros: you can play on your phone.
Cons: boring... repetitive. you set your own hours. can call off when ever
Very Very Very Very Boring. A typical day consists of getting your folder. finding a computer that's empty.Then logging in, and waiting for calls to come through. Then asking the callers questions about whatever survey you're conducting. and repeating the calls all day long. for the rest of your employment all day every day.

You set your own hours.
Positive work environement
Interviewer (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 21, 2014
Maritz is a fun place to work for. People here are friendly and open, and go out of their way to make you feel included. The hardest part of the job is when you get a upset respondent other than that is not hard. I enjoy to talk to different people about their experience.
Overall Maritz is a wonderful place to work
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), Maumee, OHFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: talking to people all over the united states
Cons: hours cut short due to obama care
A typical day at Maritz was to get a customer to complete an opinion survey concerning the services they received from what ever company that they have done business with. I thought management was great they seemed to go out of their way to help their employees to do their job better by giving instructions on how to deal with difficult customers and – more... how we as employees should respond with an unsatisfied customer. Maritz also made sure that their employees felt valued by just acknowledging a great job they may have done for the day as well as other incentives for example if an employee met their daily quota they could earn extra paid time for breaks.

The hardest part of this job was able to deal with rejection and upset respondents, however I knew it was not a personal attack on me, the customer was just upset by the services they received. The best part was listening to customers and contributing to them having a better experience by just listening to their concerns.

The co-workers that I worked with seemed respectful and good team players – less
Fun workplace with good work/life balance
Research Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Fenton, MOJanuary 19, 2014
Good place to start a career with fun environment. There is a really good work/life balance.
Great team atmosphere,
Sr. Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 14, 2014
Managed a team of up to 18 associates for audits and customer service projects.
Fun place to work
Manager, Program Operations (Former Employee), Fenton, MOJanuary 13, 2014
Maritz is a great place to work. The people are wonderful and it is a true family atmosphere.
OK
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 19, 2013
REPETITIVE
NO ADVANCEMENT
NO PERKS
TIRESOME SITTING
UNCLEAN AREAS
A COMPETITIVE PLACE TO WORK AT
Customer Satisfaction Surveyor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 18, 2013
Pros: payed every week
ON THE PHONE AND COMPUTER ALL DAY... LEARNED TO STICK TO THE SCRIPT NOT TO DEVIATE FROM IT... NICE MANAGEMENT AND EMPLOYEES... THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS TO STICK TO THE SCRIPT... THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS TEAM MEETINGS.

1 2 3 4 5