Maritz Research Employee Reviews

Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 20, 2017
Maritz it's a nice job but I don't like that they only have evening hours if they had morning hours then the place would be great for me. I like that we could take lunch breaks on our own and we also was in our own cubicle.
Cons
Hours
dont work here anymore
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 6, 2017
i dont work at this location anymore
However it was fun place. it was very chill and low-key. you just worked and did whatever you had to do. very cool place
Cool job to have
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 28, 2017
Its a cool job to have. Very laid back. You get to make your own schedule which is cool. Understanding supervisors who understand schooling.
Maritz
Product Services and Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 12, 2017
I worked 14 years at Maritz and looked forward to going to work. The economy tanked and numerous positions were eliminated. A short time later the business was sold.
Pros
Great people, Management listened
Cons
economy
The short time I worked with the company was good.
PHONE INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66210December 11, 2016
Never a dull moment at this company always busy with something to do, learned how to muiliti task, management was helpful and so was the co-workers. The scripts were verbatim at all times. The peoples.
Pros
Talking to many different people getting to hear about their problems and able to help them.
Cons
Short time of work day.
make your own schedule
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 3, 2016
This job is great for a person who likes to or needs to make their own schedule. The other great thing about working for maritz is you know how much your check will be based off of how much you worked.
Pros
make your own schedule
Market Research Company
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 21, 2016
Ensure each project was properly staffed to ensure client quotas were met on a daily and monthly basis. Monitor and review calls for quality assurance. Train and develop new-hires.
Pros
Good hourly rate for student
Cons
Lots of sitting
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 14, 2016
A typical evening working at Maritz Research started off with me working full time but the company eventually had to downsize to save costs within the company so I worked part time with 4 days out the week. I learned how to operate the phone using switchboard to answer the phone. Management were good and worked as a team with their employees. The co-workers were a variety of seniors to recent high school graduates. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is hearing the side conversations coming from the co-workers. The most enjoyable part was having the pleasure of speaking with others over the phone.
Pros
building was always clean
Cons
short breaks
Easy, Monotonous, No Re-Hire Policy
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OH 43537May 25, 2016
I worked as a transcriptionist. It was some of the easiest money I have ever made. It's too bad about their no re-hire policy, I would love to pick them up as a second job again.
Pros
Scheduled breaks, constant performance feedback
Cons
Boring work, trying to interpret strong foreign accents accurately
It is a good environment to work in and have flexible schedule
Call Center Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 7, 2016
What I like about Maritz is the supervisors and the other coworkers are really nice. So the work environment is really good and I love how their schedule is very flexible, so if your in college or you have a second job they will allow you to make your work schedule around that.
Pros
They try to make the job fun with activities
Cons
It can be dragging sometimes
Relatively simple work, few benefits
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 23, 2016
The job I performed while at Maritz was fairly simple. It mostly involved keying data from customer surveys. Hours were always set, there was no overtime and no surprises. However, benefits were almost non-existent. You will more or less not move much at all from your starting wage and you have to work a high number of hours yearly to be eligible for any vacation time. It was just a decent job, but not something you could build a career at.
Pros
Simple work, clean environment
Cons
Low wage, few benefits, unstable workflow
A change of pace job with daily challenges
At-Home Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Belen, NMJanuary 10, 2016
Working for Maritz CX as an at-home telephone interviewer takes patience and stamina. Anyone thinking that at-home work is less demanding or exacting than that done in an office setting is sadly misinformed. My day starts with logging in to my remote office and takes off running from there. I might talk to customers about their experiences with purchasing a car one day and the next may be asking how the respondent was treated by a salesperson at a chain discount store. The support is excellent and the On-line supervisors are top-notch, having come up through the ranks themselves. The hardest part of the job is the repetition of the presented interview but the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I get to interact with.
Pros
You set your own schedule, week by week
Cons
Because you do not work full-time, there are limited benefits.
Maritz
Data Editor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day is somewhat unpredictable. The work seems to manage the people. There is very little learning and the work has been described as mind numbing. Management has no regard for employees. There are no paid holidays or vacation time for the little people. There are little or no reviews.
The people I worked with were awesome
market research (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 22, 2015
Maritz was a very dynamic place. Many people worked their and they each had an important role. I learned to follow directions here. I reviewed my time their and now I know how to become a better worker. I enjoyed my time here. Some of my best memories were made here.
Pros
Great work hours, awesome environment, awesome people
Cons
No room for individuality
Relaxed environment
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHDecember 9, 2015
Staff is professional, they offered catered food, you're allowed to use your phone in the workplace as long as it does not distract you from your work. Relaxed setting.
Work at home performing surveys
Virtual Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Home, EmmettNovember 16, 2015
Part time work at home surveying customers who had purchased vehicles and their satisfaction. Worked when they had sample and didnt work full shifts often.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
No benefits
Promoted from on site to home-based job
transcroption clerk (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 23, 2015
home computer job, poor IT dept., inefficient management. co-workers became friends. Improved computer skills. Demanding duties.
Flexible and accommodating work environment.
Data Transcriber (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2015
Work is very straight forward and easy to understand. Co-workers are really fun to work with, and management is flexible, and considerate. I learned a lot about dealing with customers, and the feedback given by superiors helped a lot in my growth with the company. I definitely think it's a good organization that understands people, and knows how to utilize employee potential.
Good place to start
Marketing Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 3, 2015
This company is set up like a call center. It is a good place to start or if you're in high school or college. The management is not so nice and one time a manager was playing people's calls outloud on the floor huffing and puffing. The company has since closed, I belive.
Boring
caller (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOJuly 21, 2015
The hours were long, we had to whole weeks with very few breaks and the calling could put someone to sleep. Despite the pay being decent, it didn't make up for the many hours we have to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maritz Research. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8