Maritz Employee Reviews

Ugh...helped with rent
Editor (Former Employee) –  Park, KSJanuary 12, 2018
Just a part time job. Liked my co worker and managers. Could be stressful and could be boring. No advancement, no benefits, something a bit more money.
Difficult place
Senior Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 7, 2018
Very difficult place to work and hard place to succeed due to lack of resource needed to do a job well. Technology is outdated making delivering a high tech product very difficult.
if you could get any other job, then take it
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MODecember 26, 2017
you have a better chance in succeeding in life working at mcdonalds. I was a training manager here and was in charge of the people we would keep from the hiring process. Every week they would hire 50 people and tell me to only choose 20. So every week i had to ruine 30 lives. Terrible place.
Careless management and no support
Travel Agent (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MODecember 22, 2017
The company expects you to learn company systems and applications within a week. They then throw you on the call center floor ready or not without any support. The first 2 months was a struggle because management/ supervisors would throw a fit when the new people had questions or would have to transfer calls to them. Never felt welcome or supported the moment I started there.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
management and HR
Excellent place to work
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 17, 2017
I spent 16 months as a contractor at Maritz. The company is
considerate of its employees, providing numerous opportunities
for training, social interaction and charitable activities.

The environment is fast paced and technically heterogeneous.
It requires quick solutions to integration problems.

I enjoyed my time at this company and only left because the
contract ended.
Good teamwork
Analyst - IT (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day involved writing code, updating data, attending meetings, and learning about the processing of the data and parts of the internet. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance the various tasks and prioritizing.
Pros
Lunch events
Cons
good company to work for
Senior Project Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 9, 2017
this is a good company to work for, however, there are a lot of layoffs here, so it is somewhat iffy when you get in...great teaching environment though and a fun place to work.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
layoffs
Great place, but only temporary
Process Facilitator/Automotive Trainer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 10, 2017
Great company, but very dependent upon national contracts from General Motors and other dealers. Area I live in was determined to be too small to support an employee
Pros
Independence, great salary
Cons
no benefits, contract work only
Learning opportunities are really great
Admin Financial System Oracle Project Accounting (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 3, 2017
Maritz has enacted, in the last year, online tutorials each month on the different applications we use daily. The tutorials are offered online during a lunch hour or in our technical lab.
I have learned a lot of systems capabilities while working in a very customized business. The platforms sold to our clients all offer very specific customization, where it's available.
I have always worked in financial related areas of each Company I've been with but in this last position I was exposed to forecast. The estimation that goes into a forecast and then the final reconciliation of it was very interesting.
Maritz encourages working from home and that has been very beneficial, one day a week, to complete task that can't be interrupted. the quiet and focus that one day a week is most productive.
Pros
Distance from home to work is under 5 miles. Working from home is a big PRO
Cons
The complexity of an awards based business is very stressful.
Very Strict Atmosphere
(Contractor) Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 16, 2017
This was a call center with cubicles. I took calls from customers associated with US Bank, Capital One and helped them redeem reward points
Pros
Connected with people
Cons
Very strict on time
Fun workplace
Copy Person (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 14, 2017
I loved the job here. It was easy. The people were nice to work for and I wished it could have been a long time position. I made sure all copiers were filled with the correct paper for the print jobs.
Cons
Only was there to cover vacations
Senior Developer Analyst / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 13, 2017
I had many enjoyable times at Maritz and met some of the best people ever, they were more like family and not just co-workers. I learned a lot about programming, gathering requirements and how processes work with ABS and 1FS.
Horrible
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 10, 2017
Being human is not allowed; if you yawn you are harassed so much it causes stress related health issues; respondents are rude and nasty; you repeat the same thing 200 times a day; pay is insanely low - not worth it
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Pay; respondents; bosses
Fun productive good environment to work in
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 6, 2017
They is a great company to work for but im currently just looking for advancement . I can honestly say out all the company's I worked for they was the best they know how to treat they employees and appreciate our hard work.
Unstructured work environment.
Release Manager (contract) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2016
Unstructured work environment. Very difficult to implement process within Commerce Fulfillment organization. Very high turnover. Lack of professionalism and receptiveness to new technology and innovation.
Solid Company
CRS (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2016
Good company has solid relationships in the auto industry. Management is macro and as long as you get your job done and done right their is no issues. Co-workers were great I made great business relationships IT needed to be more engaging they were the weakest link in the company since I was a remote employee if my computer went down I was stuck for long periods of downtime waiting for them to fix or send out new equipment.
Maritz
Volunteer / Food Service (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 14, 2016
My work at Maritz was a great opportunity to learn work ethic and skill that I hope to take with me into my working career. I worked there for two years through the Special School District and apprecite all they did for me at Maritz.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Limited opportunities.
I loved Working at Maritz Miss it
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fenton MOOctober 5, 2015
Maritz is a Great place to Work Miss it

Management was Great to work with.

My co-workers were fun.

The hardest of the job was Loosing it

We as people never want to lose there jobs.

The work force is a battle.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Busy work load.
I wasn't employed for very long
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 18, 2015
This was a temporary position where if there wasn't a large volume of in-bound calls you were sent home. It required week-end hours that I was not told about until I was on the schedule.
Maritz is always laying people off
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 11, 2015
There are not enough people to do all the work that is necessary. They frequently rush through the projects to meet deadlines and create 'hacks' to make things work and never go back and build things the right way.

I did love working with my peers, but we all felt like we were waiting for the ball to drop. Who was going to be laid off next?
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Managers don't understand your job responsibilities