Market America Employee Reviews

Market america
Computer Support (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2017
market america is very good place to work. you have to a be a fast learner . We have great people to work with . The only reason looking for new is im trying to go home based
Fun paced environment
Certified senior make-up consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
Market America was a great company to work for, the Motives division was growing fast at the time I joined the team. I was passionate about Make Up and fashion at the time, and it helped me grow my sales and costumer service skills.

Market america provided great sales, product handle , and costumer service training. The year meetings in Miami were fun and energetic, it was fast paced and made you want to keep achieving your goals
Pros
Excelent products and training
Cons
lead time of materials was long
Make Sales at Whatever Cost
Self Employed/Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 15, 2017
During my reign at this particular organization my experience was management did care that I had a family and was in school at the same time. It was all about making sales and getting ahead. The culture was very diverse. The monthly meetings were expose who was NOT doing well with their sales and to make obscene remarks for those who failed to do so. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to buy my products at wholesale and experience major results from my client after having used the products.
Pros
Wholesale cost and forming lasting relationship
Cons
Not family oriented!!!
Not a good place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 24, 2017
Although they pay ok and the benefits are great. They lack so much in how to keep employee. This company sells pyramid scheme's. This is just a toxic place to work.
Pros
no pros
Cons
Upper Managment likes to use foul lanuage to empolyee
Tons of Work
unfranchise owner (Former Employee) –  PAMay 18, 2017
Promises part time work for full time pay. You have to purchase around $100 of products ;per month for personal use to stay active.

If you aren't a salesman don't think about it.
Your family and friends will get tired of you asking them to buy.
Pros
Products are decent
Cons
Products are overpriced
Loved my work but not work culture
Office Assistant to COO (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 11, 2017
Took job with high expectations. Thought I could handle all I was warned about. However, the constant ranting and inappropriate use of yelling and inappropriate lanquage got the best of me
Great Company!
Owner (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 12, 2017
Best company to do business with. Awesome business model with over half of sales coming back to the owners. Market America is always growing and stays ahead of the trends.
Gives you the chance to learn essential leadership skills
Shopping Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2017
A profitable business that teaches you leadership skills, networking skills, and the chance to learn how to market yourself as well!
Pros
educational; leadership skills; gives you the freedom to learn as you see fit
Cons
Must be self-driven and motivated
Toxic enviroment
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 21, 2016
An environment that stifles productivity and no mentoring in any level of supervision. Fear of elimination is rampant. Low morale is common.
Still Franchise Owner with company
Business Owner (Current Employee) –  onlineDecember 2, 2016
I currently still own an online franchise with this company and am still using this as a side income, it's nothing full time but helps pay for living costs.
warehouse
Online Marketing (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 4, 2016
Great paying company. Not the best environment to work in. Workers are never happy with management, because management has no clue on how to run efficiently.
Switchboard Reception, administrative duties, distributing mail
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2016
I would start my day in the mailroom, sorting and distributing mail. I was able to visit with office staff while doing so, which was a nice perk. I would relieve the Swithcboard Receptionist when needed throughout the day and on any sickdays or vacation days.
The company used my voice to record all of the company voicemail recordings. The hardest part of the job was only when the copier broke down and had to fix it. I actually loved every aspect of this job as I stayed busy and loved working in a professional environment.
My bosses were Kind, considerate and pleasant to be around.
Pros
Everything was located in the same building as far as lunch, coffee, ect.
I work with People which I love .... Help them with their health needs
FRANCHISE OWNER & OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, INJune 1, 2016
We help people find the right things that will help with their weight and vitimins needs ... It's really rewarding but a, looking to reach out to more people on a day to day bases.
Pros
Work part time
Cons
pay
shop.com
unfranchised consultant (Current Employee) –  Mineral Ridge, OHMay 30, 2016
It is a company that converts spending into earning. Make money buying things you already buy daily. earning cash back and also commission checks/ bonuses.
Excellent Work/Life Balance company to partner with.
UnFranchise Owner/Entrepreneur (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2016
The culture of this company is very positive. I enjoy going to the conferences, meetings and knowledge based trainings. The growth process within the company is very individually based. You put in the time and your growth will happen. I absolutely enjoy the comaraderie.
Pros
Great Products, Excellent Positive Energy
Cons
Immediate Leadership needs further training in managing their teams.
Fantastic company, excellent teamwork, products/services and customer services
Shop Consultant, Distributor (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEApril 25, 2016
I set the pace and run my franchise to fit my lifestyle. I enjoy helping people find the products best for them and save money doing it. The entire business is based on excellent customer service and teamwork of the entire business organization. I have learned effective communication skills
Pros
distributor discounts, great teamwork, fun conventions, excellent products, work at own pace
Incredible Business Opportunity
Business Partner and Franchise owner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2016
-Getting paid to make friends makes for simple, fun work
-Growing as a leader and improving myself everyday helps with all aspects of life, especially in business
-Great group of individuals always willing to help you in any way possible. Promoting an environment where mistakes are not reprimanded, which helps facilitate and expedite a learning/growing environment. If mistakes aren't made and learned from, there can never be growth.
-The hardest part of this business is getting past your own head and realizing the potential that you have, and not wasting it by being complacent
Pros
people, personal growth, financial compenstation
Cons
Great place to learn, challenging environment
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 29, 2016
Market America is a great place to learn and grow your skills and experience. You can pretty much take on as much responsibility as you want. It is up to you how well you do here. The people you get to work with are really great and helpful for the most part. The biggest downfall is the treatment of employees from some members of the management team. It can be a toxic place to work.
Professional Enviroment,
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 18, 2016
What i do really simple I consultant my customer how to be more healthy and what should they intake. Everybody get along and work together to create team work.
Market America
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2015
My experience was not positive. The culture is one of leadership by intimidation. Compensation and benefits are good. There were lots of opportunity to be creative. But, the environment is not a professional one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Market America. Our community is ready to answer.