Market Basket Employee Reviews

don't do it
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJuly 20, 2017
It is a lot of work for not enough money. You will likely get promised promotions, and raises, and don't count on getting them, and back pay..? forget about it, lot of bs for peanuts, I wouldn't recommend.
Quick paced
Cashier/ Bagger (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA 01876July 20, 2017
TYPICAL DAY:

On SUNDAY, MONDAY, FRIDAY, and SATURDAY

Theses are the busiest days to work on due to customers buying what they need for the rest of of the week or the following week. It can be particularly busy during the Summer and Holiday season.

YOU LEARN:
how to appropriately communicate with your customers and managers alike. And you'll learn how to delegate something to the manager if you cannot answer the question from a customer.

HARDEST PART:
- fast pace on the busier days of the week at the store
- occasionally dealing with a difficult or upset customer.

BEST PART:
- the different types of people you meet whether it be fellow employees or your customers.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
Short breaks for 5 hour shifts
Best place I worked so far
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 19, 2017
I worked here for 6 years in the bakery. I loved it, great company more like a family. Great way to build up customer service skills. The benefits are a big plus too.
Divertido trabajo en equipo
Wrapper (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 18, 2017
Trabajo en equipo hacer un buen servicio al cliente responsable bilingüe español/inglés. Trabajo para -time 8-3
Pros
Horario flexibles
Cons
No tienen un buen salario
Productive, Family orientated
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 18, 2017
I had no problems at Market Basket. It was a great starter job that understood and worked around my school schedule. Good vibes were on display everyday.
Pros
Cons
Weather
Work
Deil clerk/sub shop employee (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJuly 18, 2017
Over my time there was not the best experince i was barely given 5 hours a week because i was new i believe that wasnt not fair ...always never got a break when worked 5 hours
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
No breaks
First Job
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 17, 2017
I got this Job before I moved, at it was pretty nice to have in high school. I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for their first job or whoever wants a job that is very flexible with their schedule.
Pros
Good for newcomers in the career world
Cons
Pay
Hours fluctuated too much
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Warner, NHJuly 16, 2017
Stressful, some rude customers, I mostly learned that not everyone is nice, even if you are trying to help them. I enjoyed those i worked with, but the customers could be so rude.
Pros
nice fellow employees
Cons
too many or too little hours with no days off
Good Work Team
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJuly 16, 2017
Saturdays a lot of work is every day but especially saturdays´s.
To continue tolearn how to deal with customers. Improve a little my English.

I just have to say well of the Managers an Supervisors.

Treat everyone the same way. Because the various cultures but not the discrimination.be educated especially with customers even when the client is not.

I think there are no hard parts everthing has its work and its controversies but the part of some bad and bad customers and the closing time.

Ever.good environment to colleagues who get along and laugh we play as well as some customers. In the part of the clasp when we are cleaning so we get ready to leave, we all play, we laugh.
Great starter job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vidor, TXJuly 16, 2017
Market Basket is an exceptional company to work for as a starter job, they work great around most schedules and is a family owned and operated company.
Pros
great with working around schedules
Cons
no room for advancement
Awesome workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 14, 2017
Had a great atmosphere to work in. All levels of management were respectful and efficient. Highly recommend.
Also a great place for college kids to work over breaks or on random weekends. Very accommodating.
It is a great learning experience, productive, and good workplace moral.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at Market Basket good experience. Chance to advance turn into a career if you work hard. Good workplace enviorment, productive, taught me skills both in work aswell as life. Overall a good job
Pros
Job advancement, good workplace, great experience
Cons
Only if you dont like what your doing or the people you work with
great staff to work with
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJuly 13, 2017
enjoy people i work with . Good place too work, great people. fun staff. just not enough hours or money and no advancement for future. hard to leave been there 7 years but need a change
Pros
free lunch air condition in hot monthes, heat in cold
Cons
not enough hours or money
Good job for high schoolers, but not high enough pay to work full time
Bagger/Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJuly 12, 2017
Market basket is a good company to work for and you can move up in multiple areas. Customers can be difficult, but that comes with the job. You also get regular bonuses
Pros
Bonuses, flexible scheduling
Cons
Shot breaks, no healthcare
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJuly 12, 2017
It's an amazing company, with great benefits. If you do what you're supposed to, you will be good. It's a productive place, with amazing customer servicr. You will learn how to have good communication with customers and be understanding.
Fast-pasted and sometimes stressful
Cashier/ Stocker/ c (Current Employee) –  Bridge City, OrangeJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at work can result in my filling multiple postions because I am cross- trained. I have learned a lot about custumer service, working as a team, and time management. The workplace can be very stressful. I enjoy working with y coworkers and assisting the customers.
Good for first time jobs
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Groves, TXJuly 10, 2017
It was a great first job. I only worked for 3 months over the summer, but it gave me good experience in customer service and working as a cashier. The only down fall was there were a lot of cashiers so the hours were short.
Cons
Short breaks
fun place to work
Dairy Stocker (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 10, 2017
a typical day at work consists of going in and breaking down pallets and stocking everything in the back room and on the shelves in the aisles. i learned how to stock shelves quickly and helped my costumer service skills. management was up tight and wasn't hard on you as long as you got your job done and made the store look good. the hardest part about the job was around the beginning of the mouth when its extremely busy and you have to stock the shelves as quickly as possible. the most enjoyable part of the job is when it was steady and you can work at your own pace and make the aisles as full as possible.
Pros
organization skills, customer services skills
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
stressful demanding and unfair
Dairy Stocker (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJuly 10, 2017
Overall, my experience as a dairy worker was alright to start with. I always got along with my coworkers and it was very nice to have that. Unfortunately as time progressed, I began to receive significantly lower amounts of hours. I had been only given two days a week. that would allow me maybe 14 hours at most. I was more used to working all weekend with some weekdays to average me more near 30 hour weeks. I was never given a good reason, but i can say that my hours being cut in half and the boys hours being cut by maybe 4 hours was enough for me to leave
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
no hours, couldn't really take a sick day
Working for the Market Basket is like working for family very kind and fair people. They give you a fair chance to do better in the company and most o
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 9, 2017
Market Basket is an amazing company, who take great care of their employees and customers alike. There is always a task to get done and management to show you how to do it to the MB standards. Customer service is the most important part of the job, it in fact comes first.