Market Strategies International Employee Reviews

n/a
Senior Market Research Analyst (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 15, 2015
• Conducted brand research, communications research, customer experience research, product development research, user experience research, and segmentation research
• Handled customer relations by solving complaints as they were presented
• Worked with frustrated customers while effectively and professionally handling difficult calls
Phone Survey
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 11, 2015
Conducting surveys on the phone with customers about their bills such as gas,electricity,cable,water,etc. It wasnt always easy because not everybody likes to take long/short surveys over the phone.
Work day
Interviewer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 8, 2014
A regular day would be to come in and find a computer and wait on calls to drop to give surveys and try and get as many completions as you can.
very productive
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 2, 2014
learned how to deal with different customers..........................................................................................................................................................
productive workplace
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), TNSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: nice supervisors
Cons: short work days
A typical day at work includes telephone interviewing. Making outbound calls only.
challenging,
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Nashville-Davidson, TNAugust 11, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: can become boring.
complete surveys. how to complete surveys. management is nice, co-workers were nice, hardest part was completing surveys, most enjoyable was actually getting nice people to talk to.
Great for a first job
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 5, 2014
This was my first job and I really enjoyed myself. I only worked here for about 3 months before going to college out of state but it was a great work environment, especially for high school students looking for work.
Easiest job to do.
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2014
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement. Could have had more chances to get raises.
cook
Survey Operator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 14, 2014
Pros: cooking
Cons: drunk customers
Serving perfection to hungry customers in an fast paced enviroment
Productive work place
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 10, 2014
Pros: diverse environment
Cons: not enough weekly hours
I phoned and interviewed people across the country to conduct surveys. I learned how to be patient as some people do not wish to receive calls from call centers. Management was fine. The hardest part of the job was not completing the surveys because someone would hang up in my face and the easiest part of the job was getting the completes.
Friendly and fun co-workers
Interviewer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 15, 2014
Pros: friendly work atmosphere, fun and energetic training
Cons: i can honestly say i do not have any negative responses about this job.
Working for Market Strategies in Nashville, TN, was a really good experience. They provided a fun training process which made learning the job easier.

Every co-worker was approachable and willing to help with anything you may needed assistance with.

The hardest part of the job is trying to get people to not immediately hang up on you as soon as they answer the phone and hear why your calling.

The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing people's opinions about services they experienced,

I definitely gained strong communication skills and memorization skills.
Agent (Former Employee), nashville tnMay 13, 2014
I didn't enjoy my time at this place at all. They expected too much and was not willing for a pay increase.
an easy job
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 6, 2014
Working at Market Strategies was my first time working in a call center environment. Once you get past the repetitive script, it's easy as pie. However, this call center is one of the worst. There isn't a high chance to move up within the company and they are very unorganized. I learned how to preoccupy myself without talking to people (which is frowned upon) and I learned how to explore my own creative side which has allowed me to do better in my other jobs.
Good professional group of young people.
Market Interviewer (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 29, 2014
Pros: raises-low stress atmosphere
Cons: just part time -mostly.
The supervisors were real good in keeping you on track. It never got to boring with events and different surveys to keep you occupied. You went in, did the surveys and the shift was over...bang you went home.
The surveys were always interesting; in dealing with current events and peoples lives, needs and wants.
Production based work environment. Team players all around.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 22, 2014
Pros: the work environment as a whole.
Cons: no benefits and drastic reduction in hours.
Oversee between 25 - 40 employees and make sure they are assigned to the correct work detail, while monitoring their calls coaching them on proper call techniques and approaches. While staying in constant communication with production management and at times corporate; either by phone, email or reports.
I have learned that being a team player can benefit not only myself but those around me.
The management here are very approachable and are business minded.
My co-workers are focused but enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part of my job is having to let someone go.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my people on a daily basis and together striving to be the best we can be.
Pleasant environment...flexible hours....great group of co-workers
Interviewer and Quality Control Coach Trainer (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYApril 8, 2014
I worked at Market Strategies for 13 years, and I have enjoyed the total work experience there. The only reason I am no longer there is because Verizon did not renew our company's contract and therefore they were forced to shut down.
A typical day at work was always an unpredictable day. Some days were fun and light, and some days could be extremely difficult in dealing with some of the calls we would get . Some respondents could make your day very stressful and on the hand some calls would make you smile.
I learned patience, listening skills. I learned a lot about the communication industry as a whole. I learned how to problem solve with dissatisfied Verizon customers and also co-workers. I learned how to be strong when respondents belittled me or made threats to me. I learned the importance of being accurate in all data that I entered into the system. I could go on and on..I learned alot.
Regarding management there's a lot of statements I could make both negative and positive. I have been there 13 years and I saw management changes , both physically and productivity, that it would be too complicated to comment. I can sum it up by saying, overall I would say one strong negative, they didn't have much continuity of management policies. Now, one strong positive: they would go to great extent to accommodate your work schedule and personal needs.I would still be working there today if it were possible.
My co-workers were a great group of people. We had a few iffy ones, but overall there were people of all ages and ethnic groups and every one, pretty much, worked together nicely, – more... and therefore it created a decent place to work.
The hardest part of the job was working with faulty and out-dated equipment. Sometimes the whole system went down and would affect the work day and we would be sent home. (WITHOUT pay) I might add. Many other times we would be sent home (WITHOUT pay) due to the lack of work. The last few years before it's closing it was a struggle just trying to make the 22 hours a week that I was scheduled to work.Now the flip side of that is they would offer overtime when the workload was available. At times the interviewers voices were so loud, that it would generate great hearing difficulty when on a call with a respondent. Part of that problem relates back to bad working equipment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you were able to assist a caller that had some issues and they hung up actually satisfied by the service they would receive from me. Also, I have talked with some extremely enjoyable people that ended up making a BAD day a better. One other thing most enjoyable about this job was meeting the coworkers that actually became my personal friends. I have some great friends that I am thankful for and made it something to look forward to going to work for everyday. – less
Very flexible
Research Interview (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYApril 8, 2014
Very flexible, easy job, Good pay for bilinguals. data collection for customer service. 32 hours per week. Good environment. hard part was when customers were mad or they don't want to talk to you, or not following the standards of the interview.
Nice place to work, friendly people
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYApril 2, 2014
Pros: pleasent work enviroment, friendly people
Cons: no benifits
A typical day at work, my job was to conduct customer satisfaction
phone surveys of existing Verizon customers, so when I punch in
I would go to a booth turn on my computer log on and start dialing.
The survey's were simple and to get a completed one would take
about 2 to 3 minutes which would happen about 10% of the time.
Having a professional attitude and patience is most important in
this kind of work. I always got along very well with my co-workers and management. The job was not very difficult, the most interesting
part of the job was the calls speaking to the Verizon customers.
Nice quiet work area
Senior Interviewer (Current Employee), Nashville, tnFebruary 7, 2014
Ive been with this company for a while so i have come to like the way things are with the company
Call center
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 22, 2013
Pros: shifts offered for part time workers
Cons: job security, benefits, management, job advancement, career developments
Collecting research for major corporations to better their service, products, and staff.