Market Strategies International Employee Reviews in United States

Disjointed with lack of leadership
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 14, 2016
I worked in the LS IG for this company. The leadership is very abrasive while also being dismissive of any opinions or new ideas. Most senior levels have worked at MSI for many, many years. While this can seem ideal at first, when coupled with a lack of flexibility and inability to accept new ways of doing things have made work very dissatisfying
Good company to work for as far as a part time business
Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2016
The job itself is fine other than the whole no phones out thing and the fact that everytime you leave out of a survey weather its to change to a different one or if your run out of samples (phone numbers to call) and someone has to refresh the survey it ALL counts against your offline time which is only 10-15 minutes during a 6 hr work day with a 30 & 15 minute breaks. But the worse thing about it is is that they will deduct that amount of time over from your paycheck which isnt right considering half of your offline time is spent waiting on the supervisors to do their job.
Pros
paid training, sit down job
Cons
slow paced
No consistent schedule and horrible work environment
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2016
I did not like this company at all. The pay was pretty low to be continuously cursed and screamed at by contacted customers. It was very repetitive with nothing challenging. You read from a script, recorded answers that you read from a list to the customer, and that was it. There are no benefits for full-time employees, whatsoever.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short breaks, repetitive work days, horrible treatment by customers
Good place to start a career -but a short term gig
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 6, 2016
Good place to start your market research career but due to lack of advancement opportunities, this should be only a stepping stone to better things.

Very poor benefits
I don't want to disclose my job requirments.
Transcriptionist and Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 11, 2015
Market Strategies has no job security. There is no ways to be promoted in this company. I would not recommend this job. This job is good for high school students just starting out.
A great company with good management
Survey Checker (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNNovember 7, 2015
It is a good company. The work environment is friendly and professional. I enjoy working for the comapny. They have great management.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Pay scale is low
n/a
Senior Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 15, 2015
• Conducted brand research, communications research, customer experience research, product development research, user experience research, and segmentation research
• Handled customer relations by solving complaints as they were presented
• Worked with frustrated customers while effectively and professionally handling difficult calls
a fun place to work
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 3, 2015
I loved this job experience and would not mind to do it again. It was the first interviewing job I've had only thing it needs is more hours for people to work
Friendly and fun co-workers
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2014
Working for Market Strategies in Nashville, TN, was a really good experience. They provided a fun training process which made learning the job easier.

Every co-worker was approachable and willing to help with anything you may needed assistance with.

The hardest part of the job is trying to get people to not immediately hang up on you as soon as they answer the phone and hear why your calling.

The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing people's opinions about services they experienced,

I definitely gained strong communication skills and memorization skills.
Pros
friendly work atmosphere, fun and energetic training
Cons
i can honestly say i do not have any negative responses about this job.
an easy job
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 6, 2014
Working at Market Strategies was my first time working in a call center environment. Once you get past the repetitive script, it's easy as pie. However, this call center is one of the worst. There isn't a high chance to move up within the company and they are very unorganized. I learned how to preoccupy myself without talking to people (which is frowned upon) and I learned how to explore my own creative side which has allowed me to do better in my other jobs.
Nice place to work, friendly people
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 2, 2014
A typical day at work, my job was to conduct customer satisfaction
phone surveys of existing Verizon customers, so when I punch in
I would go to a booth turn on my computer log on and start dialing.
The survey's were simple and to get a completed one would take
about 2 to 3 minutes which would happen about 10% of the time.
Having a professional attitude and patience is most important in
this kind of work. I always got along very well with my co-workers and management. The job was not very difficult, the most interesting
part of the job was the calls speaking to the Verizon customers.
Pros
pleasent work enviroment, friendly people
Cons
no benifits
Productive work place
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 10, 2014
I phoned and interviewed people across the country to conduct surveys. I learned how to be patient as some people do not wish to receive calls from call centers. Management was fine. The hardest part of the job was not completing the surveys because someone would hang up in my face and the easiest part of the job was getting the completes.
Pros
diverse environment
Cons
not enough weekly hours
Nice people to work with
Executive Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  North Little RockMay 16, 2013
A typical would consist of talking on the phone for hours at 5 minutes per call answered.Making out going calls using a predictive dialer linksys system . Taking Action comments and forwarding it to the proper department. I learned to be still and quiet respect for fellow employees. Co workers are nice and you really only interact with them on lunch or during a break. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving it at the end of the day.
Pros
going home earlier or coming in later than scheduled if monthly quota was reached early, win prizes for contest, lenient with schedule, nice co workers, discipline
Cons
healthcare, management
Productive work place
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park NYMay 30, 2012
My typical day at work would be doing out going calls only to Verizon customers all a cross the United States.

I learned how to deal with people on the phone and to refocus them on the reason for there call to Verizon.

My co-workers were friendly and helpful if I needed some assistance when the boss was busy.

The hardest part of the job was when I couldn't finish a call because the customers didn't want to focus or answer the questions I had.

The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing the Survey with the customers and the customers seemed pleased with how the call went.
Pros
vending machine in break room
Cons
no paid vacation
Good professional group of young people.
Market Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 29, 2014
The supervisors were real good in keeping you on track. It never got to boring with events and different surveys to keep you occupied. You went in, did the surveys and the shift was over...bang you went home.
The surveys were always interesting; in dealing with current events and peoples lives, needs and wants.
Pros
raises-low stress atmosphere
Cons
just part time -mostly.
Call center for customer satisfaction
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2012
Sit in cubicle all day, make calls to conduct customer satisfaction surveys, enter ratings and answers into computer terminal, management was nice, co-workers were fun, hardest part of job is trying to keep customers interested while giving a long survey, and loved the fact that we would read from script, very easy.
Pros
easy job, great workplace, call center environment
Cons
long survey
Phone Survey
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 11, 2015
Conducting surveys on the phone with customers about their bills such as gas,electricity,cable,water,etc. It wasnt always easy because not everybody likes to take long/short surveys over the phone.
Production based work environment. Team players all around.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 22, 2014
Oversee between 25 - 40 employees and make sure they are assigned to the correct work detail, while monitoring their calls coaching them on proper call techniques and approaches. While staying in constant communication with production management and at times corporate; either by phone, email or reports.
I have learned that being a team player can benefit not only myself but those around me.
The management here are very approachable and are business minded.
My co-workers are focused but enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part of my job is having to let someone go.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my people on a daily basis and together striving to be the best we can be.
Pros
the work environment as a whole.
Cons
no benefits and drastic reduction in hours.
Interview agent for Outgoing calls
Agent Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 17, 2013
At this call center there wasn't much to do at all. I would come in and pick a desk were you would work your full shift. I would wear a headset that called out to random homes and I would conduct surveys with those whom I called. There was no relationship with co-workers and sitting on the phone all day was the hardest part of the job.
Cons
short breaks and no dress code
Fun Fast Food
Customer Service Repersentative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2013
working at Mc Donalds can be very fun if you learn all the departments it will make the job better
i learned how to cook on the grill also work the fryer as well as the register.
the staff at Mc Donalds is hard to comment on because it changes so often but when it does the person always fits right in
Pros
meeting different people from different places, shifts
Cons
low wages