Market Strategies Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to start
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonJuly 17, 2015
This review may be a bit outdated (left over 8 years ago), but during my time there I got a solid background in research. Colleagues were quite knowledgeable and had well-trained backgrounds.

The time I left was a transition time, so a lot of that may have changed. One thing I resented the most was the below market salary.
Pros
Good place to start a market research career
Cons
Below market compensation
productive
Call center representative (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARSeptember 1, 2016
i learned how to handle cash and customers. i also learned how to sterilize dishes and prep food. i aslo learned how to maintain a very quick pass job.
Cons
rude people
If you have no kids or life then this is the job for you.
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2013
A typical work day is reading word for word what is on the screen. You cant add words, change words or leave out words. The management is strict, co-workers are okay if you find the right people to talk to, there is no enjoyable parts of this job, the hardest part is not speaking your mind when you want to.
Pros
There are no pros to this job if you have a life.
Cons
No benefits, will send you home if your not getting completes, no cellphones, 2 unpaid personal days a month
Various sorts of people
Supervisor/Backup production (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2016
Great school job..easy to do nothing hard unless you make it hard. Hardest part is accepting rejection throughout your shift.
Research information on customer satisfaction
Telecommunication Researcher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2016
Repetitive questioning and responses dealing with the customer and the way they view their service. The environment requires extreme silence during work hours
Pros
No physical labor
Cons
the work environment
Productive and Great place to stay
Telemarketing Researcher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 6, 2016
-Typical Day is spent on the Phone Day in and Day Out.
-I learned how to deal with customer.
-My Co-workers was helpful and friendly for the most part.
-The Hardest part of my day is the mid-day when the day seem slow.
-The most enjoyable part of my day is when it's closing time.
Pros
Nice and friendly supervisors.
Cons
Along time of on the phone with Customers.
Bad job, high turnover
Supervisor  (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 1, 2013
After many dedicated years of service for a mere 25 cent raise yearly is not the place one can become somebody. Besides they are going under, obviously because all the admin people like me got demoted back to the bottom of the totem pole.
Pros
EASY WORK
Cons
MIN WAGE, RUDE/NON-KNOWLEDGEABLE SUPERS, BORING JOB
Productive Employment
Telephone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 14, 2014
This job is a good job there is just no advancement or benefits
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No benefits
It was a summer job
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR.May 22, 2013
It was one of those jobs where u are over worked and under paid, they required you to do too much when they are not offering enough.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
not enough money, and no benefits
Call Center
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2016
Market Strategies is a work environment that taught me management skills such as; multitasking, effective coaching, and problem solving. My coworkers are always helpful and professional. The hardest part of my job was figuring out effective ways to coach interviewers, but now that has become an easy task for me.
Easy job
TELICOMMUNICATION SURVEYOR (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 15, 2016
Easy to get in trouble. Everything has to be done by the book. Its a great first job. You sit alot. The breaks are reasonable. And the people are great. But if you like to move around a lot this is not the job for you
The team to be apart of.
Telephone Marketing (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2015
Smile and dial is the motto. Working at Market Straggles was a company to get ahead in. If you did your job really well you could expect for sure that someone was watching and ready to give a promotion.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not a long enough break
fun, interesting
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2016
a typical day here is coming into work getting your area clean making sure there no games or other stuff laying out making sure everything on shelves are organized and looking neat
It Could Have Been Way Better!
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 6, 2015
A typical day of work would consist of 7 hours Monday thru Friday. I would get like 2 or 3 15minute minute breaks. With no lunch break.
The hardest part of this job is the lack of personabilty which is what I was highly uncomfortable with as well as my manager changed most of the rules regarding how I should code a certain call. I felt like I couldnt properly do my job because he was constantly changing what I had learned. We basically weren't allowed to converse with other workers until we were on break. The most enjoyable part of the job is when they ran out of numbers and they sent people home.
Pros
Going Home
Cons
No lunch breaks, Uncertain Nagging Supervisor
great customer service call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 9, 2015
I made outbound customer service calls for different companies. I learned great customer service skills. The management team was easy to talk to and get along with. My co-workers were a joy to work on day to day basis. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the customer on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to satisfy the customers.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
pay, keeping customers on the phone
Not good place at all
Waiter (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2015
i wouldn't like to speak of this but its just this place isn't a fun environment at all its not a good place for advancement and its very hard to get along with people there
Very Unfair workplace
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Nashville TNAugust 31, 2015
Very unfair workplace. Did not get many chances to recoup yourself from mistakes. Very strict really unneccessarily strict. Management not very organized.
Very High Turnover Rate
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 29, 2015
I was employed with this company for about 10 months and it was bad. When the Obamacare kicked off the company went down to 25 hours a week, so they wouldn't have to pay healthcare. I could not afford to live. You just have to watch out for yourself, Supervisors and higher ups stick together-so even when they are in the wrong and the employee handbook say they're wrong-they won't follow policy. It is a revolving door there.
Pros
Cons
Very high turnover rate
If you need a job just to say you have one
Warden Road (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 2, 2014
No room at all for advancement and the pay is terrible. you have to call 600 people a day and say the same script over and over and over and over and over and over again. Monotony will be your best friend. They hire a lot of stoners!!! And Don't Drug Test! go figure!
Pros
If they interview you you have the job
Cons
the pay, the job, did i mention the pay??
Productive and fun place to work.
Reseacher (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2015
Everyday you learned new ways to communicate with others.This job have you on your toes and you are prepared for the worse. To make it through the work day you have to keep a positive attitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Market Strategies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7