Market Street Employee Reviews in United States

great!
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 26, 2016
i worked in the hot foods department, i talked to customers and made pizzas. the mangers and team leaders were supportive and helpful and very nice to work with. my co-workers were all fun to be around and we all helped each other out when needed. the hardest part of the job would have had to be during the weekends when we got very busy, but by helping each other out and staying calm it was still very pleasant.
Pros
great people to work with, excellent managers and team leaders
Cons
short breaks
My daily routine
INTERN AT GREATER PATERSON OIC (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJMay 2, 2016
I arrive around 9:45am each morning to start the login for each client afterward I head off to the classrooms for the group therapy, each client tells me about his or her situation on why they are in the recomplience program.The hardest part is to get everyone to participate and the most enjoyable is being able to tell thoses that do participate.
Pros
I'm able to be where I am needed
Cons
Not everyone gets the help that they need
Management could be the worse and a lot of lazy workers
Packager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 8, 2016
I think management in the kitchen has changed since my time there and I have heard has improved. Which is great as the best assistant manager is now running the kitchen so it HAS to be better. You get two kinds of workers: those who work their butts off and those who take advantage of that. If you give them and inch they'll take a mile, which is why I knew just about every job there was. Overall it's a friendly atmosphere and the food is really good. Job required that you try some of the recipes so that you could give an honest opinion to customers which is a great perk.
Pros
Taste testing
Cons
Work imabalance
Very fun to talk to different people.
Sacker (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 10, 2016
A typical day at Market Street is very busy with people coming in and out on a very fast pace.I learned how to be patients and also how to sack grocery's correctly without smashing the breading or cracking the eggs. My co workers are very nice and helpful when it comes to certain things. The hardest part of my job is having to take grocery's out when it is cold, raining, or snowing.The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet knew people and help many people out.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
No Discounts
down to business, co-workers make the job fun.
Butcher (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 1, 2016
Market street was a wonderful place to grow my customer service skills and improve my work ethic. market streets customer service approach is great and valuable to any business. The hardest part of the job would be the management. they have a problem with putting the wrong people in the wrong place at the wrong time. The opportunity for moving up within the company is amazing. I learned how to react with people and comply and understand them more threw market street.
Pros
job opportunity
Cons
management and business sense lacking
Management does not reward consistent hard work
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 29, 2016
The job isn't particularly difficult, however the benefits are laughable and the management doesn't seem to be familiar with being required to give their employees the law enforced break time. Hard work is not rewarded here, and you will not move up no matter how likable you are or how hard you work. If a management postion becomes avaliable, don't get your hopes up. They'd rather pick someone up off the street and pay them less than what they'd pay to have to promote you.
Good place to work with people that like where they work
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 24, 2016
There's a lot of opportunities even if you're just starting part time. The majority of people that work for Market street come to work with a smile and excel in guest service. It's a place that stays in high spirits.
Interacted with various types of people regularly
Food Service (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 5, 2016
Plentiful food samples
Interesting ,pleasant, and empathetic coworkers
Opportunities to share enthusiasm with customers about new and unusual food products
Pros
Occasional free meals
Cons
officious trainee bosses, high stress during peak hours, rude customers
A typical day in produce
Food Service Cook / Produce clerk (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work starts out with where your going to work first. Either tables, The rack or Salad wall. All of which means to rotate and restock all vegetable and fruit items. Helping each guest with questions about each fruit, such as it's (origins, weather it's a fruit or a vegetable and how to eat it.)
Management is ok, Been told there is a lot of micro managing that takes place.
Co-workers are great people. A lot of new comers and some that have been with the company for several years.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to give every customer what they want from our department. A lot of specialty items are asked for and most of which are seasonal only. ie,,(Cotton candy grapes).
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I know a lot of our regular customers and what there looking for. And trying to put a smile on each persons face. Letting them know there welcome and we want there business. Going above and beyond to give each customer what there want.
Pros
having a job
Cons
no holiday pay for Part time employees
Great place where customer service is very important!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 5, 2016
I would clock in and go straight to my register on food service. I was usually scheduled to work alone and help guests through the line and check out with food items as well a few other items they might have. Originally worked up front but moved back to food service due to lack of error and ability to solve problems on my own. Also cleaned my area including registers and any spilled messes. Learned how to problem solve on my own and work/train a wide variety of people. Managers were a little difficult to track down when there was a problem but it forced employees to learn to handle things on their own, or in my case it did. I got along with almost everyone I worked with. The hardest part is always going to be handling upset customers but the best part is talking to the regular customers.
Pros
Learned a lot of problem solving skills on my own, talking to guests that were regular customers, working with a variety of people.
Cons
Management was difficult to get help from and getting enough hours.
Market Street.
Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 5, 2015
A typical day at work was ok, but frustrating sine the college kids weren't around much to help.
I learned quiet a bit working in the dairy. I learned how to order and inventory. Management was not always around to make sure everyone was doing their job. My co- workers were nice enough but you could hardly get any work out of them. The hardest part of my job was having to stock everything myself in one of the busiest stores.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to make sure every customer received the best customer service I could provide.
Great place for starting position. but advancement is slow
Produce Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 10, 2015
Very flexible, great people. Service seems to have gone downhill the last 2 years after the acquisition of Market Street through Safeway. More stores could pop up in the next few years with the Albertsons turning into Market Streets, so positions and opportunities could arise...
Pros
Flexible, nice people
Cons
Doesn't pay well, no advancement
Productive and Busy
Checker (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 26, 2015
This company is a True family environment. A typical day at work is checking out groceries.But we do get are breaks late some of the coworkers are nice but some of the managers are just snobs hardest part of job is not always being able to great and talk to my guest for how busy we are. The most enjoyable thing about my job is being able to interact with the guest and play with the children that come through the line.
Pros
breaks
Cons
breaks are late
Cashier
Sales Associate - Cashier (Former Employee) –  5605 Colleyville Blvd Colleyville,TX 76034January 21, 2016
Market Street is a good company but the hours are long. It is idealy located but with very little advancement. Good people work there but it is very hard. There is much uncertainty. Turnover must be high
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
People oriented business that believes in people
Front Server (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 7, 2015
Superb organization. Great workplace environment that challenges employees to excel and provide excellent customer service and support to the clientele.
Pros
friendly, positive, challenging, and loving environment
Cons
Since this is an assisted living facility business, witnessing members passing away and departing this world.
Thrilling Experience
Italian Chef (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 23, 2015
Working at Market Street was an amazing experience. I loved learning to cook Italian dishes. The management and my coworkers were absolutely amazing. And they are all about serving the customers instead of themselves.
Great place to work until favoritism gets involved
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 27, 2015
I loved working for Market Street and I loved most of my co-workers. But, it got to where something happened, I told management, favoritism happened and that person still works there. I felt had no other choice but to leave since I didn't feel safe there anymore.
productive and good environments
Food Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 20, 2015
It was a remarkable experience, having the opportunity to cook food for people as well as make sure they enjoyed my work.
beautiful building
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 9, 2015
Typical day at work consisted in doing lock outs, especially on a Friday night for a lot of students. I love the building it was eye candy. Got along extremely well with management.
Pros
great christmas parties. Also working the front desk
Cons
Patroling 32 florrs
Busy Place to Work
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2015
Most weekends are busy and of course major holidays. After working there for a year I was not considered for a promotion even thought I had been in charge of the A La Carte case for most of that year.