Market Street Employee Reviews

Great high school job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 22, 2017
I worked here in High School and they were excellent in working with my school schedule. If you're looking to get your child a first job this would be a perfect place.
Nice people and decent pay for a part-time job
line cook (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 13, 2017
I earned $10/hr mostly cooking pizza at a hotbar. The hardest part was learning all the responsibilities of the team, since everyone helped out. This included cooking and preparing other various types of food, dishwashing, loading and unloading supplies. The people I worked with had great attitudes and enjoyable personalities. I had benefits working there, but I quit before I had time to use them. I quit because I needed more time for school.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
worked in food service
Nice work place
Cake Decorator Lead (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 6, 2017
The company is good to work for. For my position there where never enough people who knew how to decorate so we where always short handed witch meant a lot of overtime and working every weekend. However the dept managers where usually very good about taking care of us. Buying lunch and drinks to help us keep going so we could get the job done. The whole dept was usually upbeat and it was a good environment to work in other than the stress of being short handed everyone was upbeat and happy. Store management would stop by almost every weekend and think us for a job well done. So if you like a lot of overtime then its a great place to work!
Nice co-workers
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 22, 2017
I would prefer to have better hours. I would also like to see the shifts devided between employees more fairly. However, it is not a good beginner job.
Excellent company
Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXMay 19, 2017
I worked in market street just for a few months, I had lo leave for health problems, but is a company with excellent personal, good salaries, friendly environment and they give chances to go for better positions.
Pros
There is so much to learn
Fast paced, flexible, pay, benefits, stability, advancement
Bakery Lead/ Sales Champion/ Concierge (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 15, 2017
I was working here full time during college. I started out as a packager for the Bakery and soon become the Bakery Lead. I had management duties and took care of my team. I knew every position there from dish washer to cake decorator. I had to be versatile. Wonderful place to work, great company and management. The hardest part was simply having to be in charge of high school employees. The best part was being giving the position of being trusted and seen as a manager.
Pros
Company, management, pay, benefits, atmosphere
Market Street
Concierge Manager (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXMay 13, 2017
I love Market Street they taught me a lot about myself and how to be a manager! I am very grateful to have worked for them! They saw something in me when I didn't see something in myself!
Pros
Great Store Director and staff
Cons
Uber's star rating system is totally unfair
(Transporter) Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2017
Uber isn't for the person with a not so great vehicle because that's all you have. The star rating system is totally and completely unfair. It only takes one person who is having a bad day to give you a one star rating and there goes your reputation and closer to an account deactivation. No control over that, no matter how good of a job you do, and Uber doesn't care at the very least bit.
Pros
You have some control over who you decide to pick up
Cons
Total destruction of your vehicle with absolutely no compensation for it.
Was a good customer friendly environment and was like a family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 27, 2017
Really great experience with the store back when it was Albertsons. Enjoyed market street and had some great managers, but needed to leave for when full time was no longer available as I needed the benefits. Enjoyed everyone I worked with including my managers.
Pros
Had a set schedule and a great manager
Cons
Hours got cut to part time and got the run around when trying to get benefits
Great place to work in a great community.
Cashier/Sacker (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 27, 2017
I loved working for Market Street in McKinney Texas because the neighborhood around it was great and the other workers were always happy to be there. You have a sense of community and the managers were really kind and knew your names.
Pros
Paid Breaks
productive work environment
Backline Cook- Arby's (Former Employee) –  North Warren, PAApril 20, 2017
It was a good place to work. The management worked very well with all the employees. It was clean and organized. I had a good time working there. I learned alot.
Startup
SQA & Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2017
There was no direction or vision that was executed right. No substantial clients or revenue was generated. Engineering and business tried to collaborate but failed along with the company.
Employees great, management services lacking
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXApril 6, 2017
I have strived to do my best and give my all, but it is impossible to move up in the company, or even position, without being friends with the right people.
Cons
Short breaks, short staff, overdemanding for compensation
Frist job
Service clerk/cook (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 2, 2017
I learned that the customer is my paycheck the more I know about the customer and make them feel at home the more likely they are to come back I learned to provide a friend name knowing home environment to encourage returning sales
was a great work place and fun and friendly people
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 29, 2017
a typical work day was working with other and helping customer on finding product and giving them product knowledge. i learned a lot about the different product items we carried, management was good i became apart of that team fast and i in joyed it. the culture was good had a family feel, the hardest part of my job was ordering product but picked up fast. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customer and giving them the product knowledge.
Wonderful management
Frozen Food Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 24, 2017
My favorite thing about Market Street are that they are first class in everything they do. Many of the problems that I had with other grocery stores seem not to be an issue because they have already figured out the solution. Along with that, they're not always trying to cut hours, which correlates to them always being well-staffed.
Work day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 23, 2017
It's an OK job, would recommend it if you want to start somewhere, always room for moving up when its available. Easy to get along with others and can keep busy if there is something to do.
Great employees and supervisors
Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 23, 2017
Wokring there was a great experience and the customer service is perfect. The supervisors are very understanding and do the best they can as far as working with your schedule.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Short or late breaks
Good Starting Job but Not Where You Want To Stay
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 22, 2017
A typical day at work consists of making cold sandwiches, slicing meats and cheeses for customers, and keeping your station clean. The hardest part of the job is working the rush times when the manager in charge of scheduling doesn't schedule enough people for the day and then you get customer complaints because only one person is there working. The work place is fairly organized, clean, and has first aid available when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning the different combinations of food.
Pros
Fairly Flexible Hours and Mostly Understanding When Emergencies Arise
Cons
No Employee Discounts, Understaffed Depending on Store and Department
Pretty Good Job
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 18, 2017
Market street is a pretty good job. My job title offers decent pay and the job is flexibly with my life. The place is nicely kept and the staff is pleasant to work with. You can move up very easily as well. Overall, Market street is a good place to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Market Street. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval