Market of Choice

Market of Choice Employer Reviews

Great Environment
Kitchen Clerk (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMarch 8, 2014
Enjoyed interacting with people and providing customer service.
Horrible company to work for.
Lead Barista (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 10, 2013
Pros: in is ok
Cons: always watching what you're doing....cameras around
Probably the worst company I have worked for...Big brother always
watching you..No discount as most stores give their employees. Lots of turnover
slow but good store
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), Portland, ORAugust 17, 2013
Pros: good people to work with, willing to work with your schedual
Cons: health care, management
fairly slow store, lots of time to complete tasks, in a good part of town.
Mostly fun but also very controlling and limiting.
kitchen, front end. (Former Employee), West Linn, ORJune 13, 2013
Pros: xmas bonuses for store only.
Cons: short breaks. no employee discounts.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers. I learned that no matter how much experience you have from working at the store, one wrong mistake and your out. No sick days and no consideration for planned days off if someone calls in sick. Most of my co-workers were fun to work with and were flexible in being part of a team.
Relaxing Environment
Baker/Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Cottage Grove, ORFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: never a dull moment
Cons: u
At the time it was a very fast paced environment (in my department) I learned a lot about grocery, too much to list!! Management was kind and caring, very understanding too. My co workers were amazing, Market of Choice took their time hiring most of the employees! Hardest part of any grocery store position is customers when they're upset! On the flip – more... side, the best part is the customers. – less
Corvallis Market of Choice
Kitchen Clerk (Former Employee), Corvallis, OregonFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: beautiful place to work at. brand new.
Cons: everything except the pay they started me at but i was an exception to the rule.
I was able to negotiate my pay on a phone interview that was very good. When sales weren't as high as they forecasted, with opening a new store, they looked to me to fire me so they could save the most money. I was excited about the benefits so I went to the doctor because I had been sick a lot and had extra blood work done to check for Vitamin D deficiency, – more... I got tons of bills for $125 and now owe back bills. I guess they didn't explain you have to meet a deductible. They have a very strict tardy/call out policy which I found unpractical in the food industry. It forced me to work while contagious. I was excited to work for a company that was aggressive about recycling. That was a lie. Management did not follow the rules of food dating but expected staff to. I didn't feel comfortable selling old food and stopped eating there unless I knew it was fresh. I experienced sexual harassment physical and verbal in the kitchen from management. To fire me, the Store manager fabricated a story about a bad review I NEVER had and suspended me. I expected more from this company. – less
Fun and active place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 29, 2012
Promoted health, learning and the ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
Busy and productive
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 21, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
Working at Market of Choice was a fun place to work. It is always fun to work with a diverse group of people who can work together towards a common goal and see what each person brings to the table.
Friendly place to work
Kitchen Clerk (Former Employee), West Linn, ORJuly 28, 2012
The staff was very friendly. I learned alot from working in there kitchen about how to prepare different foods. I would love to work there if I still lived in west linn.
Worked there for 10 weeks
Internship (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 19, 2012
I worked there during my IT internship. The people I worked with were great. I can't speak about the compensation package, but suspect it was fine. I had the opportunity to work there part time during school but passed on it. I regret doing that.
Worst Management I have ever experienced!
cashier (Former Employee), West Linn, ORMay 14, 2012
Pros: good health benefits.
Cons: everything
The overall morale of the West Linn store is terrible due to the management team. Its a good old boys club and the only way you will advance or get a raise is being a skinny, cute chick that kisses up to managers #1 &#3. Never share any info with manger #4 as he will tell everyone in the store about it.
The hours are not conducive to any normal social – more... life as Manager #1 does the schedule and his pets get the good hours.
This is not a good place to work! – less
Great company Mission!
Kitchen Clerk (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 18, 2012
Great company Mission and mostly great people to work with.Also Great benefits compared to some companies.
There seems to be alot of favortism in this company and management is definitly oriented toward males. Very strict attendance policy with very little leeway.It pretty much takes a death in the family to be excused and even then you have to fill – more... out an paperwork for FMLA.If you are really sick or there is a family emergency again there is more paperwork for you and your doctor/or family member's rep to fill out. – less