Marketing Werks

Marketing Werks Employee Reviews

great place to work
Sony Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: lots of travel
company is always expanding with great management obviously why they are still in business my management team was awesome always had an open door policy
Fun workplace and casual atmosphere
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: birthday treats on wednesdays, fun events planned a couple times a year
Cons: have to be available 24/7 for some programs if you have teams on the road
Multiple clients for people to work on. Depending on supervisor worklife balance can be good or bad. Had summer Fridays for the first time this year. Casual dress every day.
Interactive office environment
Administration Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
My position consist of overseeing expenses, allocations, track weekly sales, updating sales reps with bi-weekly lead files, interview possible candidates, applying for solicitor permits per city per region, participate in creating marketing strategies for event sites, and conducting new hire training modules. Management is supportive and always offering a helping hand.
The people make this place great
Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 28, 2014
Close knit teams that work well together have made for great client relationships and experiences.
Mobile tours accross the counrty
Event Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2013
If you want to see the county on the company dime then this job is right for you. I traveled with them for two years before I decided on settling down.
Productive and Fun work environment
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2013
Campaigning to consumers about Product. Learned from different feedback of consumers and reported back to headquarters through end of day recaps. It is a very fun and laid back environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling and speaking to consumers and my team.
Cool if you work in the office
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2013
Pros: cool office space
Cons: in the streets
Worked as a brand ambassador. Would have liked an opportunity to work in their corporate office. Advancement was selective.
Fun, Fast and Young Environment
Tour Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2013
Pros: fun & young employees and company culture
Cons: low salary
I began as an intern, and then became a field employee by going on one of their programs. This is a young company with plenty of clients and creative experiential programs.
Great Company
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Marketing Werks is a great company with great employee's. Coworkers have very close relationships, providing a family feel, and a love for marketing
Productive and fun work environment
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: great work crew, fun environment, great hours
You would be assigned to your area and given a task to complete. There are certain numbered goals to try to reach while being coached by an awesome staff.
Great
Event coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2013
Pros: good co workers
Valuable experience
Excellent company
Enjoyed every event
Team spirit
fun workplace wthat was very casual.
Accounting intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 11, 2013
Pros: birthday treats
Cons: not very challenging, sometimes not much to do, repetitive tasks
Typical day involved filing, checking expense reimbursements for employees, data entry for fedex shipments. I learned a lot about how an accounting department works. The people were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part was constantly finding something I could do. The most enjoyable part was feeling like I was contributing.
Excellent opportunity for event management and public interaction.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), DFW MetroplexMay 14, 2013
Pros: team environment, face-to-face customer interaction, great pay, outside events
Cons: not enough hours to fulfill ambition and desire to work
Marketing Werks has been a wonderful employer to work for during the summer and high-season. They provide local event opportunity to promote Verizon's products and services. The team is comprised of innovative, educated individuals who are managed by a true leader. I learned how to customize Verizon's products and services to the customer's lifestyle and only recommend what best suits their requirements. I prefer that more hours were available as I didn't get to work as much as I wanted. The hardest part of the job was finding momentum on a particular day and having to leave due to work hour restrictions. The best part of the job was being trusted and motivated to do whatever necessary to ensure the best outcome. I wasn't restricted and was able to use my creative thinking to get the best result. I was also able to work with the general public with each event. I enjoy working with people, educating them on products and services and showing the value of their purchase(s).
Very upbeat and engaging work envoronment.
PlayStation Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 16, 2012
Pros: great work environment, high level of customer interaction, and good wages.
Cons: the sales and marketing program was only temporary.
Everyday with Marketing Werks brought on a new challenge, from increasing customer interactions and awareness to performing one-on-one consultations educating the gaming community on the new hand-held gaming technology. Working with this company was a great learning experience on how to approach new markets with cutting edge technology that would inspire sales and community growth.

Our team at the Marketing Werks Vita Hill Social Club was very energetic and communicative with new ideas to enhance the customer experience. The hardest part of the job was learning how to excite the biggest nonbelievers, turning their skepticism into enthusiasm over the PlayStation hand-held gaming unit, the PS Vita.

I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team, and seeing people that had no interest in our initial pitch of this product leave smiling and thanking us for introducing them to this new level of technology.
Fun workplace with great culture
Verizon Account Coordinator (Former Employee), ChciagoJune 26, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no immediate time off post work travel.
The great workplace culture is definitely one of the factors that makes you want to stay at Marketing Werks, but the compensation is not enough for the hours you put in. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating amazing consumer facing events and getting a chance to manage great projects from start to fininsh!
Great place to work for if you want to travel the nation.
Bilingual Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), NationwideMarch 12, 2012
Pros: fun!!!
Marketing Werks is a great company to work for if you want to travel. They pay is on the lower end but it is because most of their brand ambassadors are first timers. Once you put in your time they are willing to increase your pay.

Marketing Werks Photos

Promoting Verizon FiOS outside of the Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie.