MarketSource Employee Reviews in United States

flexible and fun far as working with stores
HP ACCOUNT SALES REPPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 22, 2016
Typical day is going to a office store and training retail employees, selling ad finding the right solution for the customer. I've learned product information, and managing my schedule. I enjoyed the relationships with coworkers, frustration to inconsistent hours and nowhere to move up
Productive work enviroment
Wireless Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 22, 2016
I enjoy working here and learning new things. This company allows me to meet many new and different kind of people with many different cellular problems. The hardest part about this job is when you really cant help out a guest with whatever issues they may be experiencing
Pros
Commission checks every other week
Cons
Slow depending upon location
Only thing I liked were the employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 19, 2016
Management sucks. They only train you 2-3 days. Which is just following someone who doesn't know what they are doing either. The managers are rude. Unfair. The rules on attendance and calling out are not explained how they should. Called out twice ahead of time over 2 hours and still was unexcused. The manager never told me I needed proof of dr notes for it to be excused or else I would have brought proof. They don't care about the employees just the numbers on a paper. I got terminated for calling out on a court date. The breaks suck. Such little time.
Pros
Cool employees.
Cons
Short lunches, awful management, no training
Not my fav
Sales Representative- Informed (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 15, 2016
Not where i want to be for the rest of my life , my college career services placed me here upon graduation and i went to school for Networking systems administration.
Target Mobile
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2016
There's been an issue with every step in my employment process, from getting my email to training to getting paid. Also, the target management has a vendetta against MS for some reason. Trash talk and rude body language is apparently acceptable to them. You stand your whole shift and work up to 6 days open to close by yourself. It's awful when you need time off.
Pros
Benefits, mS friendly Managment
Cons
Everything I explained
Marketsource
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 11, 2016
Wonderful growing company. Great for entry level roles. There are points that I would like to include that are opportunities for the company
*no succession plan in place
*not enough internal promoting therefore increasing turnover
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Healthcare plan
Eh
Wireless Team Member (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 9, 2016
It's phone sales it's what it is bonus is good if u can get sales.. Management is ok company not best about training
You will be lied to on your interview.
Wireless Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 6, 2016
They will tell you that you don't have to do certain stuff and promise this great ability to move up. Then they will change everything on you. Give you less hours, add products for you to sell, and it will be very unprofessional.
Pros
You cannot get fired, unless you break a law.
Cons
Almost everything else.
MarketSource
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 1, 2016
This is a outsourcing company that sells projects that they hope is successful in a short period of time. If it is successful it can become a program for a couple of years or in some cases with larger enterprise companies like AT&T they become long term partners. If you are a sales manager or sales person you they bill you to the client at 50% margins and pay you the employee a comp plan way below the market average. If you are new to sales or customer service and are willing to be micro managed in order to learn this may be a good place to work. They will tell you that they are one of the best places to work, but that is based on their support staff and not the sales or service teams. I would say working for this company is hit and miss based on the project and how it was sold. Good luck!
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
See above
Found my dream job
Territory Manager, Chicago Market (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2016
I have really enjoyed working for Market Source and our client. Gave me the freedom to work around my schedule as well as challenge myself to be disciplined to work from home. Day travel gave a change of pace that I really enjoyed.
Cons
Assignment can end
Flexible, terrible management
Technology Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 29, 2016
Very limited advancement opportunities. And very little compensation. The management doesn't treat the field representatives with respect.
good company to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 28, 2016
you never know when they get you of the job. but overall good company to build your experience in sales. flexiblity of schedual and nice team work professional supervisors.
Pros
good salary
Cons
not enough hours
Good starting company
Sales Represtative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 28, 2016
Market Source has an outstanding training program and job culture. This is what made the job worth it, the managers do their best to teach and answer any questions you may have. Unfortunately not all of the managers are like this, and you may encounter some differences, but as long as you talk it out, you should be well on your way to having a productive time. Working with customers and the customer experience is essential in this job, if the customer is not happy, your boss is not happy. A smile goes a long way. The pay rate isn't that great, but the job isn't that difficult, and your training really helps you get through most things, but you do have to think on your feet sometimes.
Pros
Good people to work with most of the time
Cons
low pay, and low commisions.
Overall decent job for someone young and single
Wireless Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 28, 2016
This was a decent job with decent pay, as long as you're not trying to support someone. I started out as a PT wireless team member and got promoted to wireless team lead in December of 2015. A negative about the company is how long it takes to find replacements. I worked most of December and all of January by myself with no additional store coverage and no time off during the holiday season. I was miserable and I felt un-appreciated for my time. I later found out that they made cuts to benefits, took away paid time off, made more changes to the variable compensation structure making it even more confusing, and completely eliminated the retention plans that offered $0.50/hr raises every six months. I don't suggest this job for someone who has a family, as you rarely get weekends off. Good things about the company are that you get weekly regular pay and bi-weekly commission. Also you get to stay on top of the latest in mobile phone technology.
Pros
Weekly pay, hours are available, up to date tech knowledge
Cons
Lack of benefits, no realistic advancement opportunities, can be difficult if someone quits or needs time off
Good place to work just no place for advancement.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 27, 2016
Helping customers with there cell phones. I have learned how to deal with all kinds of issues and also how to talk to anyone on a level you can only get in retail. My district manager is a great person and easy to work for. My co-workers are amazing people and we work great together. The hardest part of my job is the down time. I like to stay busy and when nobody is looking to buy a phone I will spend my time helping others customers out with what they are looking for. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know new people and speaking with them even if they're not looking to buy a phone from me.
The customers are great, not so much for the bosses.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 24, 2016
You usually work alone in the store dealing with the guest. You are trying to help them get the best phone and plan for the money. If you get a good Area Manager they are very good, problem is they hire straight out of collage and have no idea how to treat people under them. The hardest part of the job is knowing that the upper management will side with the Area Managers and not listen to the store level personal. At least that is my experience.
Pros
Helping the customers, and meeting people.
Cons
Constantly changing comishion scale and inept bosses.
HP Rep (current)
HP Rep (Best Buy) (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 24, 2016
Current HP rep in a best buy location. Working for nearly 2 months, and have not received my first pay check. Training is way to long, and mostly pointless. The other rep in my store is great to work with, the only reason I've stayed on this long without getting paid. As I only work one day a week, and have a full time job, I was able to wait, but I will be leaving after my next shift if the issue isn't resolved. When I ask why I haven't gotten paid, the only response is "it just takes time"

Other than that, I work in a low traffic college town, so most days it's just standing around talking with the other employees in my store
I didn't enjoy working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 23, 2016
This job was very stressful. Managers are not knowledgeable of services offered. The pay is very low. Commission is very confusing and unfair. Some weeks I was scheduled for ten hours.
great job for sales
Wireless Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJune 22, 2016
unlimited commission and great training. it was an individual job most times you were there alone. As part time there were no benefits.
Customer Service quality to all clients
Microsoft Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 21, 2016
MarketSource provides great customer service to all of its clients. We typically are the sales force for Fortune 500 companies that look to outsource. Very profitable company that has more than doubled over the past 4 years. Voted one of the toip 100 places to work in Atlanta over the past 2 years.
Pros
Flexibility