MarketSource Employee Reviews

Low wages, high expectantions
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 30, 2016
Very poor training and management at company. Commission structure well below induatry standards and very high turn over. No benefits to speak of and no longer give sick leave at company. Definitely stay away from them.
Boring
Mobile Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayville, CTNovember 29, 2016
An acceptable job if you're okay with rude customers, little to no actual commission, and doing literally nothing for hours at a time.
Fun Job ,Great Experience .
Account Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  De Witt, NYNovember 28, 2016
I love this job , I have nothing to complain about , good pay , flexible hours , management are so cooperative .
Employees will learn a lot about electronics and how to be self motivated without a boss standing on your shoulders , I have so much fun talking to customers , helping them to find the right solution .
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay.
Cons
I have nothing to say.
Great people, Great work, bad hours starting out
Target Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2016
They only hire part time most of the time and no one can live off of 24 hour weeks on a $9/hour payrate. I love this job other than that, though. The other team members are great overall, the management team is willing to work with you on anything you might need. You can change your availability anytime and it is usually approved as long as it's not something crazy. The shifts aren't ridiculously long or too short. The commission is a nice extra when you have enough customers to make it worthwhile, as some stores get less traffic than others. Great job overall. I'm gonna stick with them for awhile.
Pros
Work by yourself or one other person after you're done training, make your own break and lunch schedules as long as you take them, people are friendly and management is great
Cons
pay is low, not enough hours to start, slow stores mean less commision
Corporate people outstanding, field leadership ignorant
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2016
Corporate leadership is outstanding and some of the best people I have ever met. But their field leaders (especially automotive sector) has a lot to be desired. Selling to such a "special" industry requires a little more than knowing how to put a key in an ignition, but some of the field leaders know little more that. And then when something goes wrong they blame the field rep instead of their lack of leadership. The automotive mfg that use MarketSource as their source for growing sales makes me wonder why they can't hire and train top talent. Their cost for the little sales increase they receive is profits that could go elsewhere. MarketSource is a good company with good ideas but has too many field leaders that lie to you and need to be behind a broom.
Pros
Senior management
Cons
Field leaders don't know what day of the week it is.
Fun Workplace
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 15, 2016
Great people and the Managers are awesome, but sometimes the quotas that are suppose to be met are a bit unrealistic. Great place to start though!
Pros
Free lunches sometimes along with great co-workers
Cons
The hours are a bit rough and sometimes you're made to come in on Saturdays.
Part-time job(HP Program)
Account Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2016
It is a decent part-time job if your in school or work another part-time job. Hours are flexible during the week but not so much during the weekends or during specific holidays. I use to love this job when I first started and that was mainly due to having some incredible managers who really work with you to help improve and move on up but since we got this new manager the program has been going down hill. Veteran reps are leaving and new hires have high turnover as of now.
Pros
Flexible hours during week days.
Cons
Weekends and Holidays required, New management
Okay
Cellular Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 10, 2016
A typical workday was mainly walking around the electronics department and asking everyone that walked by if they were interested in upgrading their phone contacts. The actual upgrade process was rather easy. However the holiday hours were not great. There was very little room for growth in the industry.
Communicative and friendly team that worked to maximze satisfaction for both employees and clients
MERCHANDISING SPECIALIST HP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2016
MarketSource is a third party vendorship company that places employees in retail environments to push sales, awareness, knowledge and lifestyle selling techniques of various products, primarily electronics such as computers, smart phones, televisions and smart watches. Most of the interactions amongst the team is done via GroupMe messaging with accessible forms of communication to various managers, supervisors and support/resources.
Pros
Little to virtually none micro-managing, paid lunch hour, flexibility in work schedule
Cons
Limit work hours per week, room for advancement may vary, but most employees looking for increased work hours/visits, branch out to other subsets of MarketSource offerings
Target Mobile
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 7, 2016
A lot of changes in the program during the time that I worked there. You make the brand your own. Your commission depends on how hard you work and the effort that you put into the sales. You work hand in hand with Target's electronics team to propel sales as well as hitting the necessary objectives.

Want to know more about MarketSource?

Ask a question
Amazing Work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 7, 2016
I loved working as a Target Mobile Team Member, it was fun and having wonderful peers to help when needed was great. The only complaint I have is that I feel as though the pay was not enough and it didn't really make sense. Some team leads made only $1 more than a team member. we had to do much more work than someone doing a similar job who got paid much more.
Pros
fun, fast, learning experience
Cons
pay
Monotonous Work: It's a paycheck
Target Mobile Cell Phone Specialist (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTNovember 5, 2016
Overall not a superb place to work. Building relationships with Target Team Members of course made the workplace a better place to be, however I found that management was poor and the hardest part of the job was simply learning all of the cell phone plans. Other than that it's a matter of keeping your mind busy.
Relaxed Environment/Job Security Iffy
Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 5, 2016
I enjoy working for MarketSource. Pay isn't what I expected. Overall it is an Outsourcing firm with clients..at any point your job can be in jeopardy. A relaxed company. An ideal place to start your "professional career" right out of school.
Great Starting Sales Job
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 2, 2016
Great place to get experience in sales; great program for teaching basic sales skills; compensation is not very competitive, and other than Mobile, there is no extra compensation
Easy Money, but don't expect growth or good communication
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sonoma County, CANovember 2, 2016
I spent 3 years with this company, and though it is the easiest money I've ever made, the frustrations and the let downs were too much to handle and I eventually left.

PROS: you are, in a sense, your own boss.
Learn much of the disastrous decisions made within corporate culture.

CONS: The bonus/commission program is constantly changing. You never know how much your commission check will be because they don't give you a way to track your sales. Before I left, the commission program worked as such: each thing you sell is a point. Depending on how much you sell per pay period, you get so much points. Those get divided by the number of hours you work within that pay period. That number gets put on a scale of a dollar per point. Confused? So was everyone else... They are another company promising "unlimited earning potential" to attract applicants, but when you get down to it, you're not going to earn more than $300 per 2 weeks. Thankfully, there is a base pay that covers the slow times, but they took away any chance of getting a raise.
I was contracted to work for Target Mobile. I met many wonderful people. I noticed though, that both Target and Marketsource don't talk to each other below the corporate level. So things that get decided on between either company, don't really trickle down to the floor level where it needs to. On the store level, Target wanted us to do one thing, Marketsource another. So there's this constant push/pull for overall strategy and expectations that became a constant frustration.
You are unable to influence decisions.
You are unable to reprimand
  more... employees.
You are unable to fully create your own schedule.
If you want to grow within the company, they will dangle the carrot in front of your face FOREVER, constantly giving you hope and then snatching it away because of whatever reason, and then replacing it with a new, yet different carrot.
The employees who were smart, left early on for better opportunities. I got to the point where I was telling, Corporate, HR, Tech assistance, and book keeping how to better do their job since everything rarely worked out as planned or promised, including, operations, pay and sales strategy.

If you are in a bind, and can walk, breathe and pass a drug test, you will get hired, NO PROBLEM. Get paid, but use the opportunity to look for your next job.
Pros
See statement.
Cons
See statement.
If you don't have any bills work here
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2016
I worked here for a short amount of time I only worked one or two days a week I could barely pay my bills or do anything for that matter. I liked my manager and my co workers. The target I was in was a good store the people were super nice. The pay sucks and you really just get paid to stand here and help people who should be assisted by target employees. Customers would look at me stupid because I didn't know where certain stuff was but I wasn't a target employee. I quit because the pay sucked and they cut the hours back so I worked once a week and they were unprofessional and unorganized with the schedule.
Pros
You can do whatever you want pretty much
Cons
Pay, Customers, DM
work expeirence
Lead manager .Duties are opening and closing store (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 2, 2016
By myself all day no sales barley had any customers coming in standing all day with no job duties cleaning and waiting for customers to come in wasn't making commission and they required me to do a lot of traveling
Pros
pay was great
Cons
traveling and no customers
Good Company
Business Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 2, 2016
MarketSource offers a good work/life balance, and generally a good work environment for employees.

However, benefits are not very good, and there is little to no opportunity for advancement in a lot of cases.

It is a good place to work to gain experience for the next job in your career..
Pros
Work/Life balance, Work environment
Cons
Benefits, limited advancement opportunities
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 2, 2016
Go for it. You will like it. Has all of the different types of IT jobs under one roof. What may take several different companies to obtain the various IT skills and experiences throughout the industry can be done right in house.
Fast passed when having to drive to stores
Independent Sales Representative. (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 30, 2016
I enjoyed the job wished I had more time to work things out to grasp a good idea of the position.I had to teach myself so I could go to the stores to do training for other associats.This was a part-time position that should have been a full-time job.Projects where back to back and getting to make appointments to do store visits felt rushed. Needed to have the time for learning the products in a more relaxing amount of time.I loved the position just wished I had more support on getting to know it better, so I could of grasped more understanding classes would of been nice to have before hand.Enjoyed the people in all the stores great atmosphere. Training needed to be a bit slower and more patience to there people.I felt rushed and still had things missing in my laptop to be able to fill out my paper work and codes for making my pay checks where missing for months after telling them. Codes to order parts for stores were missing so i couldn't complete my assignments correctly.There was errors in my set-up. Can't complete a pay check or company paperwork without the codes.I loved this position and If I had the opportunity to do it all over again I would.I wished there was better benefits and Full-time.
Pros
Good pay, they paid my way for a training, met great people.
Cons
Not enough time to learn the position to make it work for me, the position was part-time should be full-time with better benefits .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MarketSource. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9