MarketStar Employee Reviews

Account Manager for Intel
Intel RCO Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 25, 2017
Marketstar is great because of the culture and the company benefits. They are very flexible and very family focused. The management really worked on helping to improve me on a daily basis.
Pros
flexible, benefits
I liked working here.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 22, 2017
Interview process was exciting, new, and easy! Enjoyed working for company but didn't enjoy being managed electronically. Things weren't taken care of properly whenever there was an issue. Also my coworkers were laid off.
Good no... Great Culture!
Intel - Enabling Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 18, 2017
As an Intel Enabling Manager, it was a cool job for Tech Peeps! The Internet of Things was a huge part of Intel's top Initiatives and every industry was exploding with development.
Our job was to align companies that fit the Intel enablement program, present their case and seek approval for an Assigned Engineer. Help be a driving force that initiated new business for Intel.
Management had to change job objectives and functions regularly to help conform with the growing program within Intel. Hardest part was knowing the technical details of the IoT space. Extremely technical role.
Pros
Tech Heavy, New Development
Cons
Hard approvals, slow work environment.
Future Uncertain
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 13, 2017
Because this is an outsourced business with many clients having the ability to terminate at any time, I have witnessed too many good and hard working people lose their positions.
Pros
Not Much
Cons
Turn-over
Technology Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed my job. Unfortunately it is contract based. Now that our contract ended i'm now looking for work. I worked there for 2 years and enjoyed the management group. My direct manager was an outstanding individual who genuinely cared about his team. Best manager I've worked for. Good Pay and benefits if you can get on the right contract.
Pros
Team Activities, Good People, Health, Dental, Vision
Cons
Contract Jobs
Great organization
Director of Client Services (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 6, 2017
Great organization, management is transparent and authentic and considerate of their employees. Outsourced contract sales is a difficult business and they are good at it. Compensation depends on a number of issues, but they're generous when they can be.
Productive and fun place to work
Field Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. It was not only fun but very challenging. I was able to use all my years of customer service and sales experience on a daily basis.
Pros
challenging, fast paced, great culture
Cons
not much room for growth
Create-LG Brand Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 30, 2017
This is by far the best place I have worked. They are out of Ogden UT and even though it is a pretty big company it still gives you a feeling that you are an intricate part of the team.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 26, 2017
I loved my time there. I grew a lot and was exposed to many positive influences that helped me succeed. I will always look back on my time with MStar fondly.
Pros
Great work environment. Lots of mentoring and coaching, and opportunities to do more.
Cons
Pay wasn't the greatest.
Great company
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
Great places to work . Worked for the company since 2009 on many programs . Unfortunately in this industry there are many layoffs due to contract expirations.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No way to move up in the company. Lay offs
Lack of Communication and no Job Security
Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
I learned that it is not uncommon to start a full time permanent position only to have it cancelled at a moments notice.

There is a severe lack of communication and response from management and HR.

They make promises they dont keep- meetings were cancelled or the management would do a no call no show.

Everything is managed remotely so there is zero job training.
Pros
Complete Freedom
Cons
Too much freedom
Lack of management
Regional Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2017
As a previous employee with MarketStar, there was much to be desired in the way of management. The company sends you into the field ill-prepared and with little to no confidence on what your job really is. As well, the company is horrible at communication, whether it be sending out promotional data or sales numbers.
Excellent company with dedicated people
Manager of Corporate Talent Development (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 17, 2017
Marketstar is a leader in the 3rd-party outsourced (Sales as a Service) industry. They consistently deliver exceptional results for their clients in the direct and channel sales programs. The people make this a wonderful place to work. The company is very dedicated to the employee and their family, as well as the local and global community.
Pros
Community, Camaraderie, Continual growth opportunities
Cons
Sometimes client programs end with no warning
Great for a family person
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJune 12, 2017
No real complaints except for uncompensated overtime and travel. I understand this has been corrected. Interesting, varying assignments. Good training. Performance recognition. Overall? I enjoyed my time there.

There were new product training meetings once or twice a year at a remote location. Well planned and executed. No roommates help with the intense learning process.
Pros
Family
Cons
Too large a territory, uncompensated hours
Seasonal
Sales/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2017
This is just a seasonal job. You can't rely on them if you are really needing money. But a good company to work with as you own your own time and you are free to accept and not accept the job if there is one.
Pros
Sometimes you get a free stuff
Cons
not much income
Manager
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York Tri-State AreaApril 26, 2017
Managed sales teams around region. Toughest part is building new relationships. If you are great at skills such as communicating, team building, and believe in both individual and team goals life as a Manager becomes a successful career.
Service and Professionalism
Regional sales and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  NationwideMarch 27, 2017
Great company full of opportunity, they take calculated risks and trust success. There are many contracts to service and advancement is both north/South and lateral. The market directors know what they are doing and trust once earned is hardly questiomed.
Pros
Travel, compensation, work trust
Cons
They have one way of doing business
nothing to say
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 14, 2017
nothing to tell about this location. It was awesome but not worth the time and effort of the pay. I loved the people and the culture but i can not support a family off of 35K
assistant manager
Assistant Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 20, 2017
I had a good experience at Marketstar in the beginning when company first started. After a while the pay structure began to change and i wasn't getting a high pay out anymore and the management changed and everything became more strict and less of a friendly place to work.
Worst experience ever!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 19, 2017
I am a professional Sales Rep. and believed all companies had a moral compass. This company tries hard to paint a perfect picture.
Vicious personalities hide behind titles in Sr Management roles and thin out employee ranks at will. Talent and performance is not a guarantee for job security. If customer contracts fail mgmt axes all sales staff while they keep their jobs. Be careful working here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Always having to watch your back -Most unprofessional & bullying Sr Mgmnt I've worked under.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MarketStar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8